1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
After talking about RP crushes I want to know about your wishes! What's one role-play genre, theme, concept, pairing, etc... you wish you could play more often?

And why is it rare for you to get to enjoy that fun? Or maybe it isn't rare as much as you can't get enough of it even if all of your roleplays are set to that wish?

Tell me about your deepest, (darkest,) RP desires.

Reactions: Inugami
I just want to RP more in Final Fantasy 14. But 1) I'm scared of the community, and 2) people leave me too quick. :/ I tried to get some stuff started but it never went anywhere.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
VAMPIRES

uh...

THREESOMES or you know OT3s

AAAHH..

werewolves

i want to play princess

HAUNTED SHIT

WILD WEST COWBOYS??

DEMONS

i'll come back later

I've been wanting to write some smut lately, but feel out of place due to my lack of experience. Fandoms, mostly. I've been craving something involving Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Fire Emblem, or maybe even RWBY. I'm okay on original plots at the moment, but I still might look for a few while here anyway. Maybe. We'll see. I'm not sure yet.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I just want to RP more in Final Fantasy 14. But 1) I'm scared of the community, and 2) people leave me too quick. :/ I tried to get some stuff started but it never went anywhere.
I know my friend @Fish roleplays over FF as well and I believe @Sailor Arti also does??? 👀

I've been wanting to write some smut lately, but feel out of place due to my lack of experience.
I'm going to casually tag @The Mood is Write because I know her to be the NSFW queen and @fatalrendezvous because she runs a smut rp discord. 👀 They can show you the ropes (NO NOT PUN INTENDED) and are also super nice!

As for Diana: HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW OWLMOM HAS OPENED A PARTNER REQUEST THREAD!? Hit her up with all of the werewolves and vampires!!!

I should probably answer my own question. Currently I'm finding a surprising amount of partners who like the same things I do, but I can never get enough of the 'idiot friends' trope or 'found family' or anything where people band together as a group and just lose their braincells collectively and are forced to share a single one for their shenanigans.

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
I know my friend @Fish roleplays over FF as well and I believe @Sailor Arti also does??? 👀

I'd need to know the data center and server *sobs while waiting for DC visits*

I haven't RP'd on 14 in a bit but I still know the ropes and community well. I'm on the RP Data Center, Crystal , server Goblin. But with server hop capabilities there's no reason to be concerned server wise unless you want to join an RP Free Company. Then I would suggest Balmung, Mateus, and Couerl (in that order) for your servers. The community isn't that scary once you find them. (And once you siphon out the trolls from the serious ones)

I haven't RP'd on 14 in a bit but I still know the ropes and community well. I'm on the RP Data Center, Crystal , server Goblin. But with server hop capabilities there's no reason to be concerned server wise unless you want to join an RP Free Company. Then I would suggest Balmung, Mateus, and Couerl (in that order) for your servers. The community isn't that scary once you find them. (And once you siphon out the trolls from the serious ones)
*sobs from Primal* my FC was SUPPOSED to be an rp FC

I've been wanting to play a 1x1 of a criminal and a detective teaming up or two detectives working together to solve crime. I've always loved that pairing, as well as noir fiction in general. That isn't too popular on here though.

I've been wanting to do something based on this specific post from Tumblr. Cabin fever scientist style, I guess?

1646276202995.png

I've been wanting to play a 1x1 of a criminal and a detective teaming up or two detectives working together to solve crime. I've always loved that pairing, as well as noir fiction in general. That isn't too popular on here though.
Yooo but that does sound hella cool? I wonder if this is a case of: 'didn't think of it' rather than a lack of popularity? Definitely should be more popular because that sounds like a bunch of fun!!!

I've been wanting to do something based on this specific post from Tumblr. Cabin fever scientist style, I guess?

View attachment 226777
!!! This gives me Lovecraftian horror vibes and I love it.

Omegaverse all my rps are Omegaverses but I still love them and want more 😂 and age gap troupes I like a good 20 yr old dating a late 30s man idk why 😂

• Haha
Horror Heavy RPs – It appears to not be an especially popular genre, except for some more limited aspects, and it can be a bit tricky to make work in my experience. I think some of it is that for the people who are interested in it, it tends to lose out to other ideas.

Souring Relationships – Meaning, setups where two characters who are close have that turn negative. This could be for any number of reasons: gradually growing apart, moral differences, circumstantial conflicts. I realize why this isn't especially popular – especially in one on ones. In particular, though, I think it might be especially interesting to do a relationship where we play the characters growing together before they grow apart.

Lightning Round Where I Don't Explain – Poly Relationships, Found Family, Immortality and/or Reincarnation Themes, Custom God Pantheons, V A M P I R E S, Survival, Sci-Fi – but make it meet my very specific desires, and [redacted nsfw thing].

I'd also really like to play run these few groups that tick a ton of my favourite theme boxes. I don't get to participate in those because some user named Dusk never starts them. Loser needs to get his shit together >:[

The entire genre of Horror (but especially psychological) and I like me some Survival.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone (who roleplays with me) on my same wavelength with those genre.

😩

//necromances this thread after getting one rating.

Omegaverse all my rps are Omegaverses but I still love them and want more 😂 and age gap troupes I like a good 20 yr old dating a late 30s man idk why 😂

I'm so incredibly unsurprised about this answer from you. 😂

And oooh, age-gap. Lots of potential there, but hard to execute, I feel! One of my guilty pleasures is the Mayfly-december trope, because I like to hurt the character(s), I guess. 😂

Horror Heavy RPs – It appears to not be an especially popular genre, except for some more limited aspects, and it can be a bit tricky to make work in my experience. I think some of it is that for the people who are interested in it, it tends to lose out to other ideas.

Souring Relationships – Meaning, setups where two characters who are close have that turn negative. This could be for any number of reasons: gradually growing apart, moral differences, circumstantial conflicts. I realize why this isn't especially popular – especially in one on ones. In particular, though, I think it might be especially interesting to do a relationship where we play the characters growing together before they grow apart.

Lightning Round Where I Don't Explain – Poly Relationships, Found Family, Immortality and/or Reincarnation Themes, Custom God Pantheons, V A M P I R E S, Survival, Sci-Fi – but make it meet my very specific desires, and [redacted nsfw thing].

I'd also really like to play run these few groups that tick a ton of my favourite theme boxes. I don't get to participate in those because some user named Dusk never starts them. Loser needs to get his shit together >:[
Ngl, horror kinda intimidates me because it contains so much technical skill to write, I feel. I don't enjoy most horror because it feels like cheap jumpscares to me, but aaaah, I do love me some of the bone-chilling classics that just leaves me with a dread!

As for souring relationships. Oof, that could get a lot as well if you execute it right. Maybe not in a classic 1x1 where you only focus on one character each, but have a whole ensemble that has to deal with the aftermath, or are dragged into the mess? 🤔

Summoning @pavellumPendelum because I feel you complained about a lack of poly as well. :D Gonna shamelessly matchmake you guys, or at least put you guys on each other radar if you guys aren't already!

The entire genre of Horror (but especially psychological) and I like me some Survival.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone (who roleplays with me) on my same wavelength with those genre.

😩
The one quoted above mentioned horror! Psychological thrillers are gooood, but again, like horror, hard to write. This time because of sensitive topics and how to treat them respectfully (RP guide idea?!)

What's your wavelength exactly? 👀 throw it out and maybe you will manage to bait someone? 👀

I agree with a few posts above me, I have been looking to do a story based on a horror theme for a long time. I've been watching some horror films recently (Ringu and the Ju-on series, I am in love with J-horror styles) and I've been brimming with ideas! Psychological, suspenseful thrillers are very intriguing to me. A roleplay based on survival-settings would be a nice thing as well.

Aside from those, I'm interested in some worldbuilding. A theme surrounded by the idea of superpowers. Marvel has been on fire lately, and watching Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has stimulated my mind. I'd like to think of a world where everyone is born with their own unique superpower and they are judged by their talents through a tournament. The tournament would have different categories, for example those born with creative and artistic abilities would be in their own category, and they'd perhaps show off their abilities in a particular way. Then of course, there would probably be a divide of heroes and villains amongst this society.

Another idea I have that I am still thinking on is an academy of magic; I got some of my inspiration based off of Scholomance and Dalaran from the MMO World of Warcraft. I'd like to do a story perhaps with that series itself (I already am actually, with some friends on that game :D) but with the magical academy, I'd see it as aspiring mages or perhaps even warriors would go to enhance their skills. There'd be academic classes based around Chronomancy, Necromancy, Pyromancy, Arcane, Illusions, all of that jazz, and then those who are prestigious enough with their skills could specialize around a particular magical branch.

-With that in mind, I also thought of something similar but where instead of World of Warcraft races, it'd be vampires (or elves) mainly in the academy. That way there'd be a social hierarchy of sorts within the school. My inspiration from that comes from Vampire Knight, where they have vampires ranked by their level. There's the Pureblooded ones, and then "Aristocrat" B-Class, then the common C-Class, and so on. I'd really like that concept, and with the idea that each vampire or elf (Based off of High/Blood Elves in World of Warcraft) has their own special ability as well, similar to the superpower theme I was mentioning.
The last sort of idea I've been wishing to roleplay about would be based around an assassin's guild or group. This inspiration I got from Kill Bill and the idea behind it would be that there are assassins whom are sought out by imposing figures to eliminate other imposing figures (or the assassins would have their own motives); each assassin would have a notorious reputation and most likely specializing in a certain type of assassination. For example, using seduction and charms to build a relationship with someone else - even maybe going as far as to become engaged with their target after a long build up, but it's all a facade; they would then slowly eliminate their target and reap the rewards. Just a thought <3

I rambled on for a bit ahaha my apologies <3 but those are a few of my wishes!

And oooh, age-gap. Lots of potential there, but hard to execute, I feel! One of my guilty pleasures is the Mayfly-december trope, because I like to hurt the character(s), I guess. 😂
Ooh! I forgot about Mayfly-December relationships. Those are so much fun, and I don't think I've done a roleplay with that setup that actually got anywhere.

Ngl, horror kinda intimidates me because it contains so much technical skill to write, I feel. I don't enjoy most horror because it feels like cheap jumpscares to me, but aaaah, I do love me some of the bone-chilling classics that just leaves me with a dread!
Everyone starts somewhere, you might be a lot better at it than you think. This might be blind confidence, but I don't think it is a great deal worse than any other heavy-atmosphere RP. I'm also partial to the horror genre because I like almost every subset and can enjoy it whether it is bad or good content.

As for souring relationships. Oof, that could get a lot as well if you execute it right. Maybe not in a classic 1x1 where you only focus on one character each, but have a whole ensemble that has to deal with the aftermath, or are dragged into the mess? 🤔
I love to play large casts, ha. And I do have at least one RP where that is kind of what is going on, although it's more like one character soured his relationship with the rest of the main cast and everyone is dealing with the aftermath. There is some reconciliation and not all the characters are as bitter as the others, but I really enjoy it both in that RP and a few others I've done with similar soured relationships. I think it creates a particularly interesting dynamic.

Summoning @pavellumPendelum because I feel you complained about a lack of poly as well. :D Gonna shamelessly matchmake you guys, or at least put you guys on each other radar if you guys aren't already!
We are, ha. Or at least she's on mine. I am just not yet confident that I can be the kind of reliable roleplayer required. 😩

We are, ha. Or at least she's on mine. I am just not yet confident that I can be the kind of reliable roleplayer required. 😩

We have written together in the past! Just waiting for Dusk to be a lil more free before we start anything again LOL

• Love
Reactions: Dusk and Nemopedia
I like the Hero trying to redeem the Villain through romance the most. I am truly a sucker for that kind of shit.

I like the Hero trying to redeem the Villain through romance the most. I am truly a sucker for that kind of shit.
I like that. I also like the inverse, the Villain trying to make the hero evil through romance. both are awesome.