RP Virginity

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a very subtle difference between being descriptive and being subtle. I think both of those things are necessary to make what most would consider a "good" scene, although ultimately, it's just like real life. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as both of you are having fun.

There's a very subtle difference between being descriptive and being subtle. I think both of those things are necessary to make what most would consider a "good" scene, although ultimately, it's just like real life. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as both of you are having fun.
good advice, what do you mean by being subtle or descriptive

Sorry I should've explained! xD

What I mean is, there is all kinds of writing that ranges from basically cybersex to erotic writing (the type you might find in an erotic novel for example). None of these are inherently bad. Again it's all up to whatever you and your partner prefer. But one is certainly more challenging to write, and thus to me is also more fulfilling and interesting to read.

Take, for example "He held her boobs" versus "His hands cupped the swell of her chest."

Both mean basically the same action. The first is straight to the point. The second is more subtle, by skirting around the usage of the term "boob" or even "breast." The second is also more descriptive by actually providing the reader with imagery of how specifically he is holding her.

I would add other examples but... I don't want it to get too steamy in here.

Sorry I should've explained! xD

What I mean is, there is all kinds of writing that ranges from basically cybersex to erotic writing (the type you might find in an erotic novel for example). None of these are inherently bad. Again it's all up to whatever you and your partner prefer. But one is certainly more challenging to write, and thus to me is also more fulfilling and interesting to read.

Take, for example "He held her boobs" versus "His hands cupped the swell of her chest."

Both mean basically the same action. The first is straight to the point. The second is more subtle, by skirting around the usage of the term "boob" or even "breast." The second is also more descriptive by actually providing the reader with imagery of how specifically he is holding her.

I would add other examples but... I don't want it to get too steamy in here.

so i should mix both descriptive writing with subtle writing......
i read breast then immediately thought of a dude holding some chicken ......is that bad

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
You don't have to. It depends on your preference and your partner's preference. Like I mentioned before, ultimately what matters is that you enjoy the experience. It's also difficult at first, especially for newer or younger writers, to find ways to be descriptive and subtle.

My advice is, if it's new or unfamiliar, don't try to force it (hurr hurr sex pun). Do what comes naturally, while seeking to improve, and it will come over time.

• Love
You don't have to. It depends on your preference and your partner's preference. Like I mentioned before, ultimately what matters is that you enjoy the experience. It's also difficult at first, especially for newer or younger writers, to find ways to be descriptive and subtle.

My advice is, if it's new or unfamiliar, don't try to force it (hurr hurr sex pun). Do what comes naturally, while seeking to improve, and it will come over time.
(hurr hurr) come over time.......thanks for the advice Fate

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.