RP turned Story?

If You are asked by your RP partner if they could make a story based on your rp what do you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Starrynightsky

Original poster
I was thinking and I came up with this weird idea: what if you were having an amazing roleplay, like the best one ever, and then your rp partner asks if they can make a story/comic based on the roleplay you two were having? Personally, I would say yes, in fact as an aspiring writer and comic artist I could be that person.

S

Surrender To Hope

Original poster
I would too. I would want to have some involvement too, like on a creative aspect. A source of information. That would be amazing.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Invitation Status
, ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male, Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...
Sure why not? If they can make something cool out of it, let them give it a try. All I'm doing by saying no is whoring ideas and not letting them get used anyway.

K

Kestrel

Original poster
Not like I could do much about it if they did it without my permission anyway. Just take it as a compliment.

Pete Pete lePete

THAT'S MY FLOWER, I DON'T KNOW YOU!
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary
Genres
Mostly nothing.
I don't think that's ever happened on Iwaku.

Congratulations on being the first to think of this idea.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: fatalrendezvous

Hatsune Candy

The best kind of candy!
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Genres
Hard science fiction, Modern fantasy, Slice of life, Romance
Shoot, man, I'd be honored, especially since I wouldn't have the time to make it into a full fledged story myself. I mean, it depends on what they plan to do with it when they finish it, but as a long as I get credited for the idea and all that other good stuff, I don't see why I should say no. Although considering a lack of time also means a lot less role playing, that situation is highly unlikely to happen to me in the first place. But at least I'd know what I'd do if it did.

Shadon Xarian

The Frozen Mist of Xaria
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
It almost happened for me DX my black nova research facility RP was quite popular and fun. One of the people wanted to make a comic of sorts but they became way too busy to actually start it DX

Dervish

The Dastardly Pirate
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Historical Fiction, Horror, Select fandoms
Depends on the details. As long as I had creative input and wasn't having my creations changed from their original vision, then I'd probably be on board. And of course, credit where credit is due.

Izurich

Pikaface
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical
By all means! Go! But, at least tell me first. :D

Hana

wandering thoughts
Invitation Status
I'd be touched and flattered xD But I would want to also have a part in the writing itself. Maybe we could be partners with making it into a story? I'd like to have a say in it, since I also created my own characters and guided the story with them.

Mr.Scales ⚖

I watch too much TV
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I am online for a few hours a day, if not busy with life stuff i may post a bit more.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Advanced
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern Roleplay's , Fandom Roleplays, Sci Fi roleplays, Liberteen, pretty much anything with good plot.
Reactions: Razilin

Falcon

Adventure Finder
Invitation Status
, ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
  • Love
Reactions: Midian

Jorick

Magnificent Bastard
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
It depends.

If it was a 1x1 thing, sure, go for it.

If it's someone else's group RP and they just want to use my character(s)? I guess.

If it's my group RP and a player wants to make a thing from it? If it's just a little thing they're doing for fun that they'll post for the amusement if the group, alright. If they have any thoughts of making money from it, nah bro, I'm not okay with that.

Sen

この世は でっかい宝島
Invitation Status
excUSE ME YAAAAS
If it was for money though then I would be pretty eeeh about it. Considering I played a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.