5. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Horror, Scifi, Fantasy
I've been thinking about making an RP set in the Grishaverse universe based on the books by Leigh Bardugo. I have the setting worked out but I'm bad at plots so just wondering if anyone if anyone's read these books and wants to co-mod or a small group who would want to help make something together. It would center around a mercenary organization in the universe. None of the characters from the books would be present, but it would be set in the universe. I would provide enough information so that people who haven't read the books can join but it'd be helpful to have one or two people who have. I'd also be totally ok if along changes happen that make it different from Grishaverse, it's just meant to act like a frame because I like the power system and the countries and stuff. Here's a little information on what the universe is like:

In this universe there are humans call Grisha who practice the small sciences. Grisha are divided into 3 orders and then further divided into specialized types. The orders and specializations:

Corporalki - focus on the human body
The Order of the Living and the Dead
Healers - like name suggests Healers can use their powers to heal the body
Heartrenders - can use their abilities to damage the human body by doing things like slowing the pulse or taking the air out of your lungs

Etherealki - manipulation of elements
The Order of Summoners
Squallers - can manipulate wind by changing pressure
Inferni - can manipulate fire by gathering combustible particles of substances like methane or hydrogen, but they need a spark to start the fire.
Tidemakers - manipulate water

Materialki - power focuses on materials
The Order of Fabrikators
Since Durasts and Alkemi often work together on the same thing, they are often grouped together and just called Fabrikators.
Durasts - They can manipulate glass, steel, wood, plants, stone or anything solid on a molecular level
Alkemi - specialize in chemicals like blasting powders and poisons

Special Case Tailors: Tailors' abilities blur the lines between Fabrikators and Heartrenders, so they do not fall neatly into either Order. Tailoring is the ability to change someone's appearance

Here are some quick descriptions of some of the major countries:
Fjerda - Northernmost nation, The people from this nation hate Grisha and call them witches. They do not treat them as human and their soldiers are specially trained to kill them
Ravka - ruled by the royal Lanstov family. Known for their two armies: the first army made of non grisha and the Second army, made of Grisha. Many Grisha fleeing from other countries to avoid things like slavery will come here and join the Second Army
Kerch - island nation, center for all international trade
Shu Han - known for their scientific advancements through the arguably inhumane treatment of their Grisha.

There will be a lot more info for the official RP but this is just a quick overview. Sorry it looks so messy and hard to read, it will look better when/if I make the actual RP

Ooohhh??? I'd love to learn more. What will the posting frequency and writing level be? Do you have examples of the kind of writing level you expect? Also how many people are you hoping for?

Ooohhh??? I'd love to learn more. What will the posting frequency and writing level be? Do you have examples of the kind of writing level you expect? Also how many people are you hoping for?

Posting speed will probably be about once every 1-2 weeks and a post length of about 1-2 paragraphs, though I'm not too picky on length. As long as you're contributing to the story I don't really care how long your post is if that makes sense? I probably won't make it if I have less than 4 or 5 and no more than about 7 or 8.

Posting speed will probably be about once every 1-2 weeks and a post length of about 1-2 paragraphs, though I'm not too picky on length. As long as you're contributing to the story I don't really care how long your post is if that makes sense? I probably won't make it if I have less than 4 or 5 and no more than about 7 or 8.

I meant like literal writing examples. Do you have those to show a visual of what you expect? Because writing level is more than just contribution and length...

I meant like literal writing examples. Do you have those to show a visual of what you expect? Because writing level is more than just contribution and length...
Oh sorry. Here's a couple examples of posts my friends and I have made that I'd consider to be the minimum, I'd say about an intermediate level. You can look through my post history if you want more.

Sasha walked past the bar for what seemed like the tenth time looking at the help wanted sign out of the corner of his eye. He had been in the area of over an hour now trying to decide when the best time to go in would be, and what to say. Come on Sasha, it's not that hard, he thought to himself. Just go in there and say, 'Hey I saw your sign in the window and I was interested in the position. He glanced at his watch. If he spent any longer out here his mother would start to worry. As he rounded the corner and came up to the bar again, he finally walked in. There was only one patron, as it was still relatively early. Sasha would have preferred it if the bar were empty but well, beggars can't be choosers. He walked up to the bar and... his mind went blank. He stood there stupidly for a few moments, silently staring at the girl who was currently working but couldn't think of what he wanted to say.

Talk, Sasha! Something. Anything! "Um, I...uh the sign. I saw it. I mean... the help wanted sign and uh..." he trailed off, feeling his face flush. "I need a job."

He let out the breath that he had been holding and sank into the bar stool and hung his head in his hands, "And a drink."
Peyton jerks her head suddenly drawn out from her silence with a diminutive, “oh for the love of.....” at Cyril’s bellow... and inwardly she groans as Jay splits a shit-eating grin from ear-to-ear.

“Ah, hell! Litty! We get Cyril? Shiiit, you’re screwed, Vike. You didn’t even get the B-team, you’ve got the fuckin G-team, yea-yeah!” the obnoxious laughter of that abrasive jackass had her shrinking back... while still beautiful, Vikentije’s wrath was terrifying up close...

But Jay didn’t seem to notice the drivel he was spewing could set him off... or maybe he just didn’t care, as she watches the gangly peacock bite his knuckle and make an exaggerated, “And daaaamn, Jhanne-baby, when’d you decide to get foine? I thought all you village girls were about looking all homely and shit—“ he doesn’t miss a beat, turning to Saskia as she arrived on site, “No offense, Saskia.”

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug

Oh sorry. Here's a couple examples of posts my friends and I have made that I'd consider to be the minimum, I'd say about an intermediate level. You can look through my post history if you want more.

Sasha walked past the bar for what seemed like the tenth time looking at the help wanted sign out of the corner of his eye. He had been in the area of over an hour now trying to decide when the best time to go in would be, and what to say. Come on Sasha, it's not that hard, he thought to himself. Just go in there and say, 'Hey I saw your sign in the window and I was interested in the position. He glanced at his watch. If he spent any longer out here his mother would start to worry. As he rounded the corner and came up to the bar again, he finally walked in. There was only one patron, as it was still relatively early. Sasha would have preferred it if the bar were empty but well, beggars can't be choosers. He walked up to the bar and... his mind went blank. He stood there stupidly for a few moments, silently staring at the girl who was currently working but couldn't think of what he wanted to say.

Talk, Sasha! Something. Anything! "Um, I...uh the sign. I saw it. I mean... the help wanted sign and uh..." he trailed off, feeling his face flush. "I need a job."

He let out the breath that he had been holding and sank into the bar stool and hung his head in his hands, "And a drink."
Peyton jerks her head suddenly drawn out from her silence with a diminutive, “oh for the love of.....” at Cyril’s bellow... and inwardly she groans as Jay splits a shit-eating grin from ear-to-ear.

“Ah, hell! Litty! We get Cyril? Shiiit, you’re screwed, Vike. You didn’t even get the B-team, you’ve got the fuckin G-team, yea-yeah!” the obnoxious laughter of that abrasive jackass had her shrinking back... while still beautiful, Vikentije’s wrath was terrifying up close...

But Jay didn’t seem to notice the drivel he was spewing could set him off... or maybe he just didn’t care, as she watches the gangly peacock bite his knuckle and make an exaggerated, “And daaaamn, Jhanne-baby, when’d you decide to get foine? I thought all you village girls were about looking all homely and shit—“ he doesn’t miss a beat, turning to Saskia as she arrived on site, “No offense, Saskia.”

It's all good. I wasn't specific enough, that was my bad. ^^ I don't think I'd personally be a good fit as much as I love the universe, however, I wish you nothing but the best in finding rp group partners! C:

Reactions: Itari