Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
Well until the site gets back to be able to post request ads I may not do one for some time. I'm frustrated that my RP luck has been mostly bad more times than the good times since i have been roleplaying on different sites and this one, I feel no matter how diverse and varied i keep myself when it comes to interest is either not interesting to people or not appealing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I find myself frustrated by this and I do not know what to do.

Any advice/thoughts?

I took a look at your request thread and it honestly doesn't look like it needs any major overhauls. I think sometimes it just takes a while for the right person to stumble upon it and voice their interest. I have sifted through requests for weeks before finding one that interests me, so maybe it's just a matter of time and a person being in the right mood for what you're offering.

If an rp you're currently in suffers from loss of interest, you can try asking and seeing if your partner would like to try a new plot. That way even if the rp didnt last as planned, you still have a partner you know and like to work with and the search doesnt have to completely start over.

Reactions: Rebornfan120
I took a look at your request thread and it honestly doesn't look like it needs any major overhauls. I think sometimes it just takes a while for the right person to stumble upon it and voice their interest. I have sifted through requests for weeks before finding one that interests me, so maybe it's just a matter of time and a person being in the right mood for what you're offering.

If an rp you're currently in suffers from loss of interest, you can try asking and seeing if your partner would like to try a new plot. That way even if the rp didnt last as planned, you still have a partner you know and like to work with and the search doesnt have to completely start over.

I feel like no matter what I do that it is not interesting to people in regards of my roleplay thread. And even if anyone comes along it will be a long time in this process and not a short time.

Honestly, good people come along after a long time. The best advice I can offer you is to be patient. It took me a good three to four years before FINALLY finding that one partner I knew I connected with and I knew was actually interested in my stories. It just takes time. Find inspiration, create new plot ideas and post, engage with other people, maybe do the unexpected and pm someone you're interested in rping with and why. The best things aren't just handed over to you, it takes time. :)

Honestly, good people come along after a long time. The best advice I can offer you is to be patient. It took me a good three to four years before FINALLY finding that one partner I knew I connected with and I knew was actually interested in my stories. It just takes time. Find inspiration, create new plot ideas and post, engage with other people, maybe do the unexpected and pm someone you're interested in rping with and why. The best things aren't just handed over to you, it takes time. :)

For me I find it hard to be patient sometimes. Because of my bad roleplay luck and the lack of interest on my end I don't have the patience because it's frustrating because it's like I do this thread for everyone else to see and myself but mostly I feel it is ignored more often than anything.

It's understandable to feel impatient or frustrated to not get any attention right away. While I didn't exactly feel the same since I have quite a bit of patience since i have other stuff to get up to, from your point of view, it's understandable to feel like you're ignored. It's best to try to fight through it and see if luck happens to look your way. ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: Rebornfan120
It's understandable to feel impatient or frustrated to not get any attention right away. While I didn't exactly feel the same since I have quite a bit of patience since i have other stuff to get up to, from your point of view, it's understandable to feel like you're ignored. It's best to try to fight through it and see if luck happens to look your way. ^_^

Sometimes i feel luck doesn't look my way in the manner that i expect but it sounds nice for you to have other things to get up to, I think for me my patience at times has been worn down to the impatient point since when the work that you have done to a thread literally amounts to not what you expect and then it is passed by in no time at all.

I find luck often to be a matter of perspective. You could say: ‘I don’t have any longterm roleplay partners, I’m unlucky!’ but you could also say: ‘I’m so lucky to have all this interest!’

One isn’t the other in our (the rest of the site) perspective as well. One disregards the partners you have now (or the potential partners) while the other appreciates the (potental) partners you have gained.

I saw your partner search. It looks goods and I don’t think your thread does anything wrong. You also have quite a bit of interest, which is amazing! Latch onto that, try to work with that. Instead of dooming yourself into thinking that everything is wrong and it is a failure. The negative spiral of a self-fulfilling prophecy is, unfortunately, real but easy to break once you just flip your perspective.

Ok, Reborn. Here's my resume:

MISCELLANEOUS Moody's Amazing RP List

Notice that there are a mass amount of roleplays under the spoiler? Those are dead. They ended for a variety of reasons, including partners losing interest, ghosting me, me losing interest, life taking over, deleted accounts, and possibly even my partner's actual death, for all I know. There are 123 dead roleplays listed, nearly fifty of which are from 2016 alone. I've been at this on Iwaku for nearing on four years.

In contrast, I have 28 live roleplays, including one each from 2014 and 2015. I also have six completed roleplays.

Take a moment to think about that. It means that I have experience, and I get results. It also means that I keep trying, and am persistent. I put in effort to make those three- and four- year old roleplays keep working and being fun enough for that kind of time investment.

However, I have failed. A lot. More than just the 123 roleplays listed, there are also those who never got a first post and roleplays from sites I was on before Iwaku.

That's a lot of failure. That's a lot of being abandoned. That's a lot of being told the roleplay wasn't doing it. That's a lot of people deciding that they for some reason cannot or will not play a story with me, or me deciding the same about them.

However, this isn't about me. Those are my credentials and why you should pay attention when I say: finding roleplay partners is tough. The emotional hurdles are daunting, and it takes a deep investment of time and effort, and sometimes, it's in vain. That's just how it goes, and no matter how perfect a thread or how amazing the plots, that's not going to change.

And that's ok.

For some, that just means getting back up, dusting themselves off, and getting back to trying. For some, it's reason to give up for the sake of their own well-being. The latter is a shame, but a person's mental health should come first. In its very name, roleplay is about playing—having fun.

It is with that play in mind, that fun aspect, that the attitude I'm seeing in your repeated threads and posts in them will not do anything to help your search.

People want to have fun, and a downer isn't fun.

You've garnered a reputation in those who see these threads, and that reputation will keep a lot of eyes away from them. I counted, and you've made seven threads about this or similar issues since you've joined. It's likely disheartening to any existing partners you have or any who are in discussion to you, and a huge turn-off to people who want to have fun.

Yes, people have looked at your search since you posted this thread, but you've also gained further negative reputation.

You need to decide to change your reputation, the sooner the better. Start taking part in writing prompts and contests. Become a voice of encouragement to others. Get a link to your search in your signature and start chatting in the OOC areas. Bring your optimism and your hope, and if you don't have them, fake it. I'm not saying to be dishonest, but to specifically look for the good until you find it, and don't give up on that.

You can alter how you think, and the more you have certain thoughts, the easier they are to have. Make a practice of seeing positives, and over time, it will become easier. It will get better.

Your reputation will get better, and people will feel they can better engage with you, making them in turn put their best foot forward to make something truly wonderful with you.

People don't and shouldn't RP with others out of pity. They play with others because it's fun—so make it fun.

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Indabayou and Kitti
Everyone here has offered some really good advice. I'll just add a small note.

You can also try searching other users' interest checks and find something that interests you there. You can start an RP then ask that partner (in the future) if they'd be interested in your particular story lines. I have a couple partners with multiple stories and it came from just asking, "Hey, would you be interested in RPing XYZ with me?" Most of the time the other partner is more than willing to try and since you already know and understand each other's writing styles it makes it easier to plan a new story.

Good luck with your search. Hope you find that special partner soon!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
I thank you guys for the advice. I could do some of what you guys have suggested in terms of what can i do, though i will be honest there are some of the things in the advice you guys have given me that i disagree with like a comment or something. I could go after said things that i disagree with but i won't do that because if i do then i don't want to upset you guys if i push back out of defense of myself which is a habit of mine when i feel no one understands or looks at things from my lens. Even though it still bugs me but i'll try to listen to the advice and not go on the offense on people on push back.