RP in - Threads vs PMs???

RP Threads vs PMs???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you said it was one of the reasons why you RP in PM's instead of threads, since you wouldn't want someone bugging you about that sort of thing, so... figured it was worth bringing up that I never see it happen.
Well, I saw it happening in the past, I felt flattered but at the same time sorta guilty of not giving that person the attention she needed
And I love to live guilt free XD

Well, I saw it happening in the past, I felt flattered but at the same time sorta guilty of not giving that person the attention she needed
And I love to live guilt free XD
:/ What I'm trying to say, though, is that there's no reason to feel guilty in the first place, because, so long as you're not avoiding a certain thread deliberately, the other person really shouldn't be so possessive about what threads you post on first, because some threads just naturally move faster than others.

Just thought I'd mention that that sort of thing isn't the norm.

I don't have it either. Which makes me think that it is a staff thing, since the two in this thread who can see it are staff of some level.
Huh. I could have sworn I had it before becoming a CV. It definitely should be something all members have. @Diana I summon you for answers.

EDIT: Confirmed that both regular users and donating members don't have it. It does seem to be a CV/staff thing. Odd.

Last edited:
Agreed, @Diana that is weird. Aren't all users supposed to have Last Read Dates?

Also, to add back onto the conversation, I always prefer threads, but that is also partially because I enjoy large RPs with lots of people in them!

I could probably manage a PM RP, but just haven't tried. Besides, when people in the RP make really awesome posts, I wanna share them with people and I can't do that if it's in PM!

Threads. Always threads for me.

My reasons are the same as everyone who has posted above. I take the time for plot development, characters, settings, finding the best partners for the rp, and compromise with them for all my rps. I think after doing all that work, hiding them in PMs would be a bit of a shame.

A part of me also hopes that someone comes across any threads I'm in and becomes a fan of both the rp and maybe of my characters as well. It's also the best way to advertise yourself. Sometimes, I'll have people requesting rps from me based from a thread I was in.

PM rp feels too secretive for me. I also had the worse situations with PM rps that I cringe when someone suggests one.

I thought they DID have it. O__O I would be quite relieved to find out that they don't.

As for me, I get so many damn PMs, I just lose RPs in there. The few rare times I did PM rps was because I didn't want other partners to get jealous and huffy at me for speed posting with someone, yet neglecting my other rps. .__.;

I belong in chat roleplays. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.