Rowan High School

"No, totally my fault. Shouldn't have ran off. " she sat in the spot next to him, and plucked a grape from the vine. "So... tell me about yourself." She said as she chewed.

Reactions: 2 people
"I clearly said something wrong though.." He smiled and looked at her "well, I'm Brendan.. I'm weird. I moved here a couple of weeks ago, I supposedly live with my parents, but my parents have gone and only pay the rent and the other bills. How about you?"

Rachel smiled, glad she could finally sit and rest. "I'm Rachel. I live with my mom, my dad left with his girlfriend. Haven't seen him for a couple years now." she said thoughtfully."Not sure I want to though." she added.

He listened to her quietly "oh.. That sucks.. Tell me more about you." He continued as he took a grape

She paused. Would it be wrong to tell him about Peter? "Um... well, I used to write stories. And poetry." That was back when she was more conservative. Now that she has friends, she doesn't have time for ridiculous stories.

"Used to? Why don't you write anymore?" He looked at her with a big smile "I like stories"

Rachel didn't want to sound stuck-up, but she didn't want to lie either. "I guess, I never had time for it anymore." She admitted.

"How come?" He looked down "Life is all about enjoying yourself, and doing what you love."

He looked at her "what do you mean?" He realised it was none of his business and looked down "never mind.. Don't answer that.."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Life isn't as sweet and innocent as people would like to think. " she stated. She didn't want to be labelled as a nerd, so she quit writing stories -- and embarrassingly, roleplaying. She didn't even want Brendan to know that she did something as silly as that. Maybe he wouldnt be interested in her after realizing how lame she really was.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Life is as sweet as you make it. Nobody else can do it for you. People shouldn't take it so serious, we're not getting out alive anyway."

He smiled and looked at the sky.

Rachel thought about what he said, and smiled. He was right. She hesitantly moved closer to him, and looked up at the sky with him. "What do you think that cloud looks like?" She said with a grin.

"A dinosaur on a skateboard." He replied calmly "and that one looks like a flower wrapped in a heart." He knew he had a funny way of seeing things, but showing her that side of him maybe would open her up a little.
He wasn't one to judge others, he accepts everyone for who and what they are. "How about you?"

"Hmm... A cupcake with a tail, "she said with a laugh. "And a weird shaped butterfly." Then, Rachel's phone vibrated, signalling a new text message. She knew it was rude to look at her phone, but she really wanted to see who it was from.

He smirked "a cupcake.. Sounds good." He looked over and looked at rachel "aren't you going to answer that?"

Jake studied the two he picked up his pen and started to sketch them staring at the sky but not in a parking lot but in a field under a tree he smiled when he finished then threw his sketch book at a sewer drain forgetting his name was plastered on all his sketch's and laid in his truck bed staring " I need to get a new hobby..."

Brendan looked up when he noticed something flying out of a truck "hey, rachel, wait here.." He got up and picked the sketching book up, and went through it.
He smiled, these drawings were amazing, he looked around and walked to the truck.
He bended over the top of the bed and smiled "hey buddy, I think you've lost this. You're really good, care to join us? We have grapes and strawberries.. And coke.. Because that's a healthy combination." He looked around and then back at jake "I'm brendan, nice to meet you."

"I didn't loose it im trying to get rid of it they're all dumb drawings and Id rather not say my name I have trust issue and now please leave me alone...." he had a very monotone voice and a stoic look to his face

Brendan smiled "jake.. Right? Look.. If you ever need anything.. You know where to find me." Brendan walked back to Rachel and sat back down "so.. Where were we."