Rough Riders ( Modern High Fantasy RP )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to make a character for this. I've been fairly busy, but I should have time to work something up come Tuesday night. Hopefully that won't be too long to wait. How mature of themes are we thinking here? This sort of dumpy, run-down housing suggests dumpy, run-down people, and I'm considering an unwilling prostitute. Obviously, I won't go into any great detail, mostly hint at things, but I wanted to make sure that's cool before I dive in and finish her up.

Reactions: Sir Basil
Mad that everyone has such nice profiles and I got lazy because someone rushed me to make one >:T @Elendra

I'd like to make a character for this. I've been fairly busy, but I should have time to work something up come Tuesday night. Hopefully that won't be too long to wait. How mature of themes are we thinking here? This sort of dumpy, run-down housing suggests dumpy, run-down people, and I'm considering an unwilling prostitute. Obviously, I won't go into any great detail, mostly hint at things, but I wanted to make sure that's cool before I dive in and finish her up.
With the ideas @Elendra and I go over, that should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
gaige and his harem
Oh buddy, I hope not. It'll be the most unsexual harem that ever harem'd.

So, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Will like to get the RP's first post up then.
Just a fair warning, I'm in Flood Land right now and I don't have power or internet (obviously.) I'll definitely try to stay current (i.e. ninja internet at work, like I'm doing now.) But if you don't hear from me, I promise I haven't died... hopefully.

I should get power back either today or tomorrow, but the cable company has given a solid "we have no freaking clue" on the internet status.

This is my life.
>_>'

Oh buddy, I hope not. It'll be the most unsexual harem that ever harem'd.
I, for one, welcome our new daddyyyyy~
Either that or just be a band. Gaige and the Gaigettes.

if we're the gaigettes will we have cool gaigette gadgets?

With the ideas @Elendra and I go over, that should be fine.
She's not wrong.

I mean just amongst the named NPCs we got a serial rapist and an entire group of white supremacists- among characters we got a recovering drug addict with uncaring parents, someone physically deformed, someone who appears to be a sociopath, an alcoholic, and someone basically completely left to the wayside, and the trend kinda continues from there.

And this also, as Dipshit pointed out, also doesn't even go over the things planned ahead.

So yeah, @Piper you should be fine.

I would gladly gallivant across gardens and garrisons to gleefully gear up as a gaigette, gathering a gazillion ghastly gadgets while gabbing and guffawing gayly with gallant gamblers and gaggles of gangsters.

• Useful
Reactions: HerziQuerzi
I would gladly gallivant across gardens and garrisons to gleefully gear up as a gaigette, gathering a gazillion ghastly gadgets while gabbing and guffawing gayly with gallant gamblers and gaggles of gangsters.
okay you're pretty much accepted after that. I mean you were gonna be anyway but whatever. Want me to PM you your power? c: And what name CRIT will call you if you don't name yourself?

okay you're pretty much accepted after that. I mean you were gonna be anyway but whatever. Want me to PM you your power? c: And what name CRIT will call you if you don't name yourself?
Yay, thank you! :3 It was fun to write. And I would definitely be down for you to PM me that stuff!

I, for one, welcome our new daddyyyyy~
Haha. Yeah. When I made the character I was like: no one's going to look at him be like "I'm going to tap that." But I always enjoy being proven wrong.
He's like a loofa he's so rough around the edges.
That was not a good comparison, but my brain has gone out to pasture for the day.

That's some alliteration, now. *applies gold star*

Want me to PM you your power? c: And what name CRIT will call you if you don't name yourself?
After reading Gaige's I'm really excited to see what everyone else's is. I'm digging the uniqueness of this all.
But I can be patient.
Maybe.
A tiny amount patient.

That's "Princess" to you, bitch.

Also because I don't think @Elendra has the mental capacity to do so herself. I'll let you all know I am "Vice-GM"ing this RP.
I don't take part in main story development. But I help with NPC's, small story details, etc.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask me as well. If I can't give you an answer I'll figure it out.

That's "Princess" to you, bitch.

Also because I don't think @Elendra has the mental capacity to do so herself. I'll let you all know I am "Vice-GM"ing this RP.
I don't take part in main story development. But I help with NPC's, small story details, etc.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask me as well. If I can't give you an answer I'll figure it out.
Well that's fucking presumptuous of you, ain't it, Dipshit?

I mean you're right and you basically are.

But shut up.

Well that's fucking presumptuous of you, ain't it, Dipshit?

I mean you're right and you basically are.

But shut up.
Don't make me embarrass you in front of your new friends.

Get a room you two, jesus christ.
A sheet is here now.
Civilian Name: Zola Bellerose
Mage Name: *Insert Mage Name Here*
Gender Identity: Female (Trans)
Dialogue Color Hexcode: #93F

Appearance: Zola's taller than average, standing a little bit over 6'2". Her body is slender and lithe, with fair skin mostly free from scars or imperfections. Zola's facial features are mostly sharp, although her brown eyes are softer in comparison. Zola has long black hair, with a colorful streak of purple running down the middle. Although she usually keeps it gathered up in a ponytail for convenience, lately she's been letting it all hang out, not bothering to fix it. When she wears makeup, it's generally bright and bold, in matching with her typical attitude, although not so gaudy to be considered tasteless. She has a few tattoos, but they're more or less hidden by her clothes, with only one, a burning rose, clearly visible on her right shoulder.
Presentation: Zola's overall personality and presentation can be summed up in one word: Rockstar. She moves with a confident swagger, as if to say that the world's her stage and everyone is her audience. Her wardrobe, like her music, is generally bold and eye-catching, with bright colors and an emphasis on glitz and glamour. It's a mixed bag of t-shirts and jeans, jackets and scarves, jackboots and sneakers, a few skirts glittering with sequins, and a snazzy floral print dress for when she feels like being fancy. It doesn't matter that she got most of it second-hand, as long she likes it, she'll wear it, whatever it is. Oh, and a really sick pair of aviators that she stole from an ex a while back, she fucking loves those. Even though she's tall, she tends to take a relaxed and open posture with others, trying to convey a friendly and amicable nature. When she speaks, she does so with the confidence and charisma of a rock star, direct and rarely passive, getting straight to the point no matter what.

Primary Motivation(s): Some artists act like all they want is to make music for people to enjoy, regardless of whether or not they'll earn a living off of the fruits of their labor. Fuck. That. Shit. Sure, Zola wants to make music for people to rock to, but she wants to garner fame and fortune as a rock star more, even if that means playing dirty every now and then. After all, you can't be the future rock queen of the Empire if you're stuck playing the same gig at the corner bar every Friday night.
Secondary Motivation(s): Fame? Check. Fortune? Check. Happiness? Yeah, you might wanna think that one over a bit. For all the things that money and status can bring, Zola still wants to find someone who can make her truly happy. Nothing like a house in the suburbs with a bundle of kids, mind you, but something is better than nothing. Additionally, she'd like to have a family to call her own, to take the place of the one she never really had growing up.
Obstacles & Obligations: Zola's woken up to the interior of a holding cell in the morning more than a few times. For the most part, she's avoided any serious charges beyond disorderly conduct or vandalism, but it hasn't exactly helped her reputation any. There's a reason the gigs started to dry up in Chesterfield, after all. Other than that, she's lucky enough to be healthy and debt-free, although she's got no real family to speak of.

Approach to Problem Solving: When it comes to problems, Zola keeps things relatively simple. If she can't talk her way out of a situation, she throws a punch and prays that whoever is on the receiving end stays down. If they don't stay down, she runs away like a bat out of hell. Needless to say, this isn't the most effective approach to more delicate situations.

Magical Power Utility Style: We went over this via Skype and what-not.
Magic Power: *Insert Power Here*

History & Background: Some people reminisce about their childhoods, eager to relive all the cherished memories they have of doting parents, stable families, and joyous birthday parties. Zola would probably be the same way, if her childhood had been different. Unfortunately, Zola's childhood had been that of an orphan, bouncing from foster family to foster family, never really having a place to call home. In spite of this rough start in life, Zola found herself through music, dreams of rock stardom developing in her head. It didn't matter that she didn't have a family like everyone else, she had her music to fill in the gaps, and that got her through the teenage years easily enough. After finishing high school, with no real family to push her towards further educational pursuits, Zola was free to pursue her rock star dreams with reckless abandon.

Sadly, the reality rarely meets the expectation, and that too was the case for Zola. For all her talent and all her practice, she quickly found out that the best she could do as a nobody trying to be a somebody was play small gigs at bars filled with patrons more interested in their drinks than her music. It was disheartening, to say the least. Nonetheless, Zola kept at it, determined to make her fame, even if that meant moving into the Diamond to save money. As time passed, however, it became clear that things weren't exactly going as smoothly as she had hoped. She started waking up in a holding cell more often than not as her behaviour became increasingly more destructive in nature. To make a bad situation worse, her gigs started to dry up as her rent became increasingly harder to pay.

Before long, she had a choice to make: Give up on her dreams and get a normal job with normal pay or Leave Chesterfield and start anew, hopefully achieving her dreams in the process. When Zola heard that one of the Rough Riders had a cousin on the other side of the Empire with connections, her mind was made up. Fuck Chesterfield. Fuck the Diamond. She was gonna be a rock star, even if that meant driving all the way across the country to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Updated the OP. Want to get the first IC post thrown up tomorrow. So finish yo characters, scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.