β„π• π•¦π•˜π•™ 'π•Ÿ π•‹π•¦π•žπ•“π•π•– π•„π•–π•£π•”π•–π•Ÿπ•’π•£π•šπ•–π•€: II [Cleaned Ver.] [Interest Check]

That would be the Asian Commonwealth.

The Seven are the American Commonwealth, European Commonwealth, Asian Commonwealth, African Commonwealth, Middle-Eastern Commonwealth, Slavic Commonwealth, and Oceanic Commonwealth.

Reactions: Nomad-22
So, how are the relations between corporations with the government and the 'morally flexible for money' groups? Same for government with said flexible groups, we talking some behind the scenes "Hey, you do this and we pull back somewhat." @Ascendant Aegis

If you're referring to mercenaries for "morally flexible for money groups"-

The MCC officially has taken a hardline stance against corporations and corporate power. Realistically, corporations provide too much of the domestic product on Mars, pay off too many officials, and are simply too profitable to really act against. It would be look shooting one's self in the foot. Additionally, because the corporations essentially handle the civilian market by themselves, the government is left free to essentially invest everything into rearming and industrializing. As such, corporations act with impunity and with few regulations on Mars. Any official effort to curb their power is immediately met with bribes, lobbying, and even assassinations. Simply put, the corporations do their own thing and the MCC does it's own thing; the two hardly ever interact.

As for the UN, corporations have significantly less power, if at all, as the UN/UNCA has nationalized most businesses and industries. With heavy regulations and taxes, corporations are only able to eke out a modest profit from Earth. This isn't to say that they don't have any power; as they have numerous politicians under their payroll. However, with the UN investing more into watchdogs and surveillance, corruption is a risky business. The UN's currency, additionally, is more regulated and of much higher value than Martian scrip, making business on Earth additionally more complicated. Tl;dr corporations don't really like the UNCA or find it as profitable as the Frontier.

As for corporate and government relations with mercenaries. Governments find them unpleasant to deal with, but a useful tool nonetheless; as easily deployable forces that operate without a flag or any connection back. They're often hired to take care of bounties, or small-scale, but important missions that are considered either too dangerous or insignificant for foreign intelligence or militaries to get involved. Otherwise, they're viewed only slightly higher than pirates; the only difference being that they use their guns for money instead of loot. Corporations, while officially feeling the same way, make heavy use of mercenaries when the use of their own private security forces would be much too overt or potentially damaging to public relations. Corporations hire mercenaries all the time, especially to conduct business with illegal parties or outside the sphere of corporate influence, such as in the more remote colonies further out on the Rim. Of course, whenever a group of pirates go too far and make off with a shipment of merchandise, mercenaries are always willing to sling lead and get the goods back without asking questions; which makes them very appealing to most private entities.

Got an idea for a Dreg character.

A throwback Red Guard, who'd like to take humanity back to the glorious days of the Cultural Revolution. Reeducation camps for all the fascist-capitalists and their running dogs. But y'know, cute and all while doing it.

Inspired by this picture:

da6767bd2596aa9deb371ceed36003d3.jpg

Sounds like a good idea! Perhaps give it a Martian twist, as the Soviet Union and such haven't existed in.. quite some time by the events of the storyline; but otherwise, sounds like an interesting character!

I'll post the character sheet/template soon (TM)

I thought it might be funny if she was trying to bring back an entity that hadn't existed in two centuries. Basically a kook, but the kind of kook that can actually be dangerous.

So I got three ideas, but can't decide between: Inexperienced combat medic, soldier that uses gases and other such things, or a sneaky boi for sabotage of corporations.

Combat medics could and would be a good asset for the team; as I expect quite a few injuries as the hijinks ensue. A crowd-control, gas using soldier may hurt his own team-mates; but would nonetheless be effective. A sneaky, rogue boi would also be a good asset for the team as well, and could net some potential rewards later in the story

I'll start fleshing out the three of them and wait n see what the others got in mind before selecting one.

That being said, here's a template.

Name:
Class/Archetype:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Equipment:

Notes:

Have a name and some details for my character. But been having a hard time figuring out what kind of class to make him to be. So far been considering a merc who fights shock troop style or focus on making him be a sniper instead.

The group could certainly use a grunt! But, a sniper would also open up some options as well.

Oooooo I has one more idea, that being a good ol' fashioned Mechanic dude.

Haha, I suppose the "tough mechanic" is a valid archetype, too.

For the appearance section on the template do we write out its description or place an image there instead?

You can write out a description there, and place the image at the very top of the template, to start it off.

Reactions: Nomad-22
So when can we expect a discord so we can brainstorm and potentially synergize with other ideas? @Ascendant Aegis