INTEREST CHECK Rot to Rot

S

Snakey

Original poster
Rot to Rot

"The day we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

skeletal_warrior.jpg

The Idea:

Simply put, this would be an undead "survival" RP.

A long time ago you died. How so is irrelevant. All that matters is that after a millenia of peaceful slumber you were rudely awoken. By what? I don't know, It doesn't matter.
You retain all memories of your past life. Who you were, what you did and, assuming you saw it coming, how you died. Now, in a dead world scoured of all but the most malefic of living things, you walk. Unfortunately, you do not walk alone. You are joined by others like yourself as well as a whole host of demons, foul machinations and impossible creatures left over from dead civilizations.

So, anyone up for it?

Thanks for the interest! The idea is still rather bare-bones so feel free to dig up some setting and plot details while I get this off the ground.

Sure thing! Though, from reading this, it reminded me of the Dark Souls game plot a bit. But anyway, I'll figure out something to help you! :D

This is beautiful, and I want to be a part of this.

This does sound pretty cool.

I could see this working well if perhaps there was some sort of Necromancer involved summoning the dead to serve his purpose. Or the characters are striving to achieve some sense of normalcy in the form of building a Necropolis to live out the rest of death in peace. (Ref. the novel 'Cabal' or the film 'Nightbreed' both by Clive Barker.)

I've been waiting for someone to come up a plot like this actually. It's an awesome idea, unfortunately I probably won't be able to join.

Be sure to let us know when you're thinking of putting an OOC tag up, if you are still interested in running this. I'd really love to join.

Wow! Thanks for the interest everybody, OOC will be put up after everything is all figured out. This sort of campaign presents some unique problems.

Speaking of which; Language.

Characters could be separated by centuries, if not millenia. As such, it is reasonable to assume that they don't all speak the same language. Now this could lead to some interesting character moments, or it could be an absolutely pointless character element that would do nothing but complicate everything. It would be nice some feedback on this.

I've got most other things done.

Though I'd advocate against foreign languages for clarity's sake, different dialects of english could be really interesting!

Ditto. That's something that should be left up to players, whether they want to incorporate something like a language barrier into their character. It's a cool concept, granted, but fussing over dialects will take time and energy away from building central themes, which usually results in player/GM burn out.

This would be neat, I'd get the opportunity to bring back my old deader.

I'd be up for it.

Well, this has garnered far more interest than I thought it would.

OOC will be up tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.

Right, I had just been informed that my roommate is selling house. So I'll probably be spending the next two days moving. Because of this, the OOC will be delayed until Thursday or Friday afternoon.