1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk

R o s e b u r n

Discord | Char Index
OOC
fc1XdZsmuD_YqeQsV4k2lTzjmGY.gif

"Things are about to change..."

• "Hazel was only the beginning..."
    In this roleplay, we will follow the lives of our supernatural and human characters as they attempt to go on about their daily lives after Hazel Pearson's death. The witches were always a tightly knit community, but for a long time they dealt with the vampires and werewolves positively. Many made friends with the others, aiding each other by sharing their strengths where others were weak.

After Hazel is murdered, a dark cloud seems to form over the supernatural community, and no one knows who to trust anymore. One thing is for certain, only another supernatural could've taken Hazel out. She was a formidable witch, a mentor to many young witches, and was kind to all. Her death shocked not only the supernaturals, but the humans as well. The last known murder was over a ten years ago and the killer was caught red handed within days. But the detectives have no leads, and not a clue about where to start. Naturally her peers begin to look into the murder, pulling others into the madness along the way. Many vampires and werewolves hope to clear their name from the witches's list of suspects, and find themselves down an even darker rabbit hole than they imagined.

We will delve into a town of secrets, lies, and conspiracy, as the characters try to unravel the gruesome murder that took place on December 29, 2017.

• Vampires: Immortal, sensitive to sunlight. Needs human blood to sustain themselves. Has the ability to glide, heals quickly. Can only be killed by stakes, decapitation, werewolf bite and intense UV exposure.. Change involves being bitten by a vampire and drinking their blood, the human body has to die in order to change, but the change isn't guaranteed.

Werewolves: Immortal, shifts uncontrollably on the full moon. The more they fight their shift, the more feral they are in the beast form. Weak to wolfsbane and silver, sensitive to high pitched noises and high voltage electricity. Can shift whenever they like into a bipedal wolf beast. Have their consciousness when shifted, but it's weakened on the full moon. Can be killed by large doses of wolfsbane, decapitation, vampire venom and silver poisoning. Can change humans with a bite, but only an alpha. A bite from a non alpha will result in death

Witches: Not immortal, able to use magical powers. As magical powers are used more often, the more toll it has on its user, pulling away from their overall stamina. Magical spells take time to invoke, so they are weak against fast and immediate attacks. Witches can be killed by any normal means of killing (buckets of water don't happen to work here, sorry). Witches can use spells whenever they like, but the cost that comes to themselves is something they really need to watch out for. Witches are essentially normal humans with some magicky magic.

• 1. Obviously all Iwaku rules apply here. I do consider this an adult roleplay, because it will explore darker themes, such as murder and sacrifice. All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, at least in appearance.

2. I'm not going to tell you to do anything crazy, but GMs word is law. Please respect that, and your fellow roleplayers! I love drama, but it needs to stay IC. No bickering, no arguing. If you have an issue, come to me and I will do my best to solve it.

3. To be apart of this roleplay and to continue participating, you must post at the very least once a week. Failure to do so may result in your removal in the roleplay. What happens to your character is left to the GMs. If you're going to be away, please just let me know, so that I can make plans for your characters absence. If you need to drop, lemme know! I might even let you come back if you want.

4. All posts need to be at at least two full sized paragraphs, with minimal typos. Nobody is perfect, obv. So I won't hound you about it, unless there are a lot of typos often.

5. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues. Be reasonable with your character creation, and be sensible when writing their strengths, abilities, and weaknesses.

6. You are encouraged and expected to be able to help move your own individual stories along, as well as contribute to the plot in small or big ways.

7. There will be mature themes, but there will be no sexin' in the IC thread...or OOC thread. If two redstars or bluestars want to take it to the PMs I have no issue with that, but please fade to black otherwise, before it gets too steamy.

8. Be consistent. Consistent with your characters personality, and with your posting! Just be consistent. :)

• Name:

Birthday: (It just seems easier than asking the age of every species separately. So, how long has your OC been alive...er, undead? All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, for now, except vampires. Vampires, no older than 200, and the older they are, the less time they've spent in Roseburn.)

Species: (Human, Vampire, Werewolf, Witch)

Height:

Weight:

Grade: (10-12 Year 2-4)

Personality: (Three sentences minimum giving a basic overview of your character's personality.)

Positive Traits:
    (Top three personality traits that your OC will exhibit the most.)

Negative Traits:
    (Top four traits that your OC shows during negative situations.)

Strengths:
    (Can be physical or mental.)

Weaknesses:
    (Can be physical or mental. Must have at least three, not relating to your species.)

Skills:
    (A maximum of five skills that your OC has regardless of species. Please be specific!)

Gift:
    (Applicable to Witches, Werewolves, and Vampires only. Vampires may choose between speed, strength, charm, and aura(hypnosis), meaning they're better than average in that category. Werewolves will choose between, control, speed, strength, stamina, and intelligence. Witches will place their affinity/element here. Witches are expected to elaborate on their gift. One max.)

Gift Description:
    (Witches are expected to elaborate on their gifts, as well as listing strengths and weaknesses relating to their gift. Vampires and Werewolves, please explain how they fare in categories other than the gift you've chosen for them.)

Attitude:
    (Can just put like or dislike.)
    Humans:

Werewolves:

Vampires:

Witches:

Bio:
    (At least five sentences discussing their life before, or after their stay in Roseburn. Can also discuss present time!)

Sample post:
    (Can be anything. Must be at least two paragraphs.)

Relationships:
    (Optional)

Extra Info:
    (Optional)

JackBanner1.png
At the memorial/ at the table, preparing to leave/ @Sailor Moon @Fox of Spades @SaberWolf (officer Ross)
==================================
"What sort of animal tears open a girl's chest?!"

Jack snapped his head around, eyes widening at the sudden shout.

By the time he had turned around in his chair, all he saw was a police officer being led away by a second officer, the former shaking and looking like death had just walked through the door.

Considering their proximity to Hazel's picture, Jack had a fairly sound idea of what they had been talking about…

Jack felt himself start to get pale at the unbidden mental images, and he all at once thought it might be a good idea to vacate the memorial. It probably wouldn't be good etiquette if he had to be sick in Pearson's bathroom, assuming he didn't break down in tears first. However, he did have one thing to take care of first.

Hibiscus and Augustus were still waiting on him to actually confirm if he was willing to go along with that Shea's suggestion of dropping by her place tomorrow. Jack honestly didn't know what to make of the situation, though he knew that it was currently his best bet at finding any peace with this…event. He knew if he was just left to his own devices, and taken away from any possibility of discovering the facts, he'd probability shut down. He'd already spent several days locked away in his room, staring at the ceiling in-between fits of restless sleep. If he let this opportunity, however slim it might be, slip between his fingers he could easily see himself falling back into that rut.

"Well…I'd be lying if I said I didn't want answers to this whole thing…" Jack fidgeted with his shirt's cuff, trying to run through the possibilities. He didn't know how far they could trust that reporter, but at the same time they didn't exactly have a lot of options. In the end, he simply nodded his head. "If you two are willing to take a swing for it, then I'll tag along. Ha, to be honest, it'll be a little reliving to not have to go alone."

Jack smiled, though the gesture didn't quite meet his eyes.

"I'd better be making a move soon, though. It was good meeting you two."

(And not the least bit relieving.)

16ktaq1.png

Hibiscus' attention was drawn away suddenly when someone began shouting some horrible things about...Well, Hibiscus had a pretty good idea of who it was about. Everyone unfortunate enough to hear seemed to wear the same expression, and when they saw it was a police officer they could only look away. Hibiscus didn't stop watching, however, as she was too appalled to do so.

Not long after the event, the faint sobs of Mrs.Pearson could be heard. Her quiet cries evolved into a long shriek, and she fell to the ground. Only then did Hibiscus look away from the scene. It was too much to watch Mrs.Pearson break down on her knees, while Mr. Pearson knelt down to try and calm the distraught mother. Other members of the family stepped in to shield them from the crowd, and Hibiscus saw her own mother do the only sensible thing left to do.

"The Pearson's appreciate the love and support you've all shown here tonight for Hazel, but we're ending the night so that the rest of Hazel's family can grieve in peace. They thank you for spending this very special evening celebrating Hazel's life and wish everyone a safe night."

Hibiscus closed her eyes for a moment, her mother's voice as well the whimpers of Mrs.Pearson sounding far off in her mind. She tried to focus on the fact that they were going to find out what happened to Hazel, and used the police officer's outburst, and Mrs. Pearsons cries as fuel to seek the truth. As Jack began to speak, Hibiscus looked at Jack and felt optimistic at the news that both Jack and August would be helping her. The longer she thought about it though, the more she wondered if her ideas were too big for them.

"Hibi, Andara ā'ēṁ," Shaiya called for her only child, in a gentle, but authoritative voice.

Hibiscus turned around to see her mother walking over to the table, and once more she repeated herself to make Hibiscus move faster. Shaiya gently took her daughter by the shoulders and began to lead her away from the table. Hibiscus looked back at Jack and August with pause, before offering a subtle wink at the duo. She was dragged away and into the Pearson's home, where her family intended to stay for several hours even after everyone was hurried out of the backyard, and the Pearson's family home was left with only their closest friends and family. Their doors were locked and dozens of shadows could be seen moving through out the living room as they tried to recover from the bomb that had been dropped.
@Fox of Spades @Baddamobs

• Love
Reactions: Saber
5igwsA6.png

August had been waiting on Jack's answer when something one of the officers had said grabbed his attention. The man was talking to someone from his school, something about Hazel's chest being torn open, about her death being something more than a freak encounter with a rabid animal. The description of the attack was gruesome, and August winced in response. A tiny part of him wished that Jack hadn't heard the officer, but judging by the look of terror on the guy's face, August knew he'd heard.

Surprisingly, instead of turning away, Jack ended up agreeing to join them.

"Yeah? Guess we're going to be the three musketeers then. See you tomorrow, man." They'd barely finished exchanging goodbyes when the memorial drew to an abrupt close. Mrs. Pearson had broken down into sobs, and another woman had stepped in to try and remedy the situation. The same woman soon approached their table to collect Hibiscus.

August nodded slowly in response to her wink. "Tomorrow."

It was just him and Jack now. August rose to his feet, made his way to the grieving boy, and gave him a firm pat on the shoulder. "Almost forgot." He paused to whip out his phone. "I'll give you my number, it should make investigating easy enough. I forgot to ask for her number though, ah well, Sieg will probably know." August gave Jack enough time to copy the number if he wanted to then headed towards the gate and back into the neighborhood streets.

It was around 10pm when August returned to his home. After the memorial, he ate out then spent a good chunk of his evening walking around and pondering the day's events. The lights in his house were off, but as soon as he stepped inside, he noticed his older brother sprawled across the living room couch. Demetri was watching the news.

"Thought you were heading back to work?" August asked as he left his shoes by the door.

"I don't leave till next week, baby brother," Demetri was quick to answer. He was still looking at the TV and hadn't so much as turned to acknowledge August's return. "You went to the Pearson girl's memorial?"

"Yeah."

There was a moment of silence. "Never knew you guys were friends."

"She was a good person," August answered curtly.

"Well, don't stay out too late. Something weird is going on."

"I can take care of myself."

"Of course you can, baby brother."

The last part had caught August off-guard. He and Demetri had grown distant over the years, especially after his older brother left to pursue a military career like his folks. Unsure of what else to say, August uttered an awkward thanks and made his way to his room. It was a whirlwind mess of half-read books and hoodies sprawled over the carpeted floor.

Instead of bothering to tidy up like a normal person, August flopped onto his unmade bed and whipped out his phone. He had a few messages he needed to send so he started with one addressed to Sieg.

Yo, Sieg. We're going to crazy's house tomorrow. Forgot to ask for Hibiscus' number. Do you have it? No worries, bro code is always in effect, my dude. You should change your mind and come with, it'll give you some time to hang with her. She seems nice. Jack will be there too. We heard some cops say some disturbing stuff and think it might be worth looking into.

The second text was sent to the Book Club's chat group.

Hey guys, I might skip out on book club tomorrow. Something came up. Gonna check out the forest with Hibiscus, dragged Jack into it too. Heard something weird at the memorial today so gonna investigate. Fill me in on book club deets next meeting? Also, what are we reading again?

August clicked send, placed his phone on his nightstand, then closed his eyes. It had been a very long day.

@Sailor Moon, @Baddamobs, @SaberWolf, @Mars Walker, @Vio, @Lockheart

Last edited by a moderator:
6RHxDVz.png

As everyone was ushered out of the home and backyard Claire raised a brow. Something had happened to make things go south. Looking at the other two she stood up. "Well I guess we need to head out. Or they'll make us." She gave a small wave as she headed out. "It was nice meeting you two. Maybe we will see each other at school." Her words quick and faint as she left. It's not like she wanted to see like she wanted to get away but well she kinda did. Claire never found herself liking many and the odd sexual tension was not something she herself liked. Though Juniper and Aurora seemed nice nonetheless so if they came up to her at school she would talk with them. Until she had a reason not to.

Some were social butterflies, she was.. a moth. She had enough social interaction for a few years of solitude and she wondered if she went too far. She offered Jack a shoulder to cry on, talked to some stranger and did so willingly. Maybe Hazel's presence clung to her. It could have easily been the guilt she harbored. People needed friends and missed opportunities could be seen as bad. Yet she was curious why she even felt such new emotions or needs. She was content with years of solitude but one single death was shaking her scales of balance. If they even existed at this point in time.

Making her way to the car Claire watched as other too began to leave. Not catching sight of the reporter she sighed. In her seat she pushed her knees into the one in front. Digging deep into the back of the cushion as she rested her head back. Blonde hair falling to the side as she heard her family get it. It was silent, so silent that it could kill. Whatever had happened to end the event seemed to kill any mood there could be. Even her cheerful mother was dead quiet as they made their way back home. No words were spoken and as she closed her bedroom door she could make out her parents talking.

Even if you felt like you were in private, the thin walls were nothing to a wolf's hearing. "We all know the animal attack is an excuse. A bullshit one at that. When do you think we will be questioned? When our daughters are held guilty for just being different?! That cop caused a scene and you know people will question his words. Question the truth." Claire sat on her bed before just flopping face first into her pillows. So it was true? It wasn't just some animal? Something.. or someone killed Hazel? She needed to know more. Needed to know why the one soul to show her such kindness was taken. She needed to see this Shea girl. To get any information she could. But there was also the book club meeting Aurora had planned. And she was invited.

On one hand she could make friends and find out information that way. People had secrets right? On the other hand she could snoop a snooper and gain possibly false rumors. Either way there was no right answer. Nothing that led her to a straight path to a solution. Did she even trust people to tell the truth if Hazel was killed by a supernatural? No one knows about others unless the secrets are spoken of. Rarely did anyone know of her genetics and she knew about literally no one elses. Sure maybe someone here or there who spoke with her parents. But no one has came to her going "I am a vampire and drink blood."

And if it was more than an animal would she be persecuted for it? Would her identity come out? Would everyone's? Could this shake the sensitive ecosystem of the town? All the secrets unfolding and chaos consuming everything? Could one simple murder destroy more than one life? Or the few connected to it? Claire screamed into her pillow. This was just too much. Why couldn't it have just been simple? Instead the murder held more to it than death. It held life. And she feared what would come to the town. This wasn't a game of clue, but life.​

Reactions: Saber and envogue
hTIO3Br.png

She finally finished cleaning her apartment enough so that it at least looked decent for visitors to come. Glancing at the digital clock on the oven in the kitchen, she saw it read '2:32'. It was only afternoon, but she felt the night quickly edging closer.

Making the finishing touches to the table, she wiped her hands on her apron and glanced back at the clock. '2:33'. And she thought she'd be scrambling. I mean, that's why she woke up at four in the morning.

Grumbling, she walked to the kitchen window and shoves it open. She wasn't happy, waking up so early. Tired as she was, she still had to take a shower. In attempt to wake herself up, she turned on the sink and splashed herself with water. The sun was at it's peak in the sky, being in the afternoon.

Turning the sink faucet, she sighed. But then, the sink didn't turn off. Why? Because the faucet didn't budge. In another attempt, she turned it. It was still stuck.

This really wasn't the time for this to be happening.

She tried turning it again. And again. And again. Later, she wasn't turning it anymore, more TUGGING it. Her tugging action turned into quite literally attacking the sink.

"COME ON YOU STUPID DUNCE!! JUST TUUUUUUUUUUUURN!" she was now in a position where she was pulling it hard enough that she was using leg power now. Her feet were on the edge of the sink as she pulled. Seeing that THAT didn't work, she resorted to punching the sink.

"STUPID, SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!"

With a last kick, the faucet broke off. Her eyes widened and she stopped kicking as a geyser of water sprang up from the sink.

Soaking wet, she groaned and gave the sink one last kick.

Guess they'll have to have the meeting at her boss's house. And she woke up early too.

Stomping to the her phone, she snatched it off the table and called her boss. "What the hell is it? I was asleep" he answered. "I'll tell you what the hell it is, MY WATER BILL'S ABOUT TO SKYROCKET!!" she yelled into the phone.

"Wow, you must drink a lot of water" he spoke with a voice sounding more awake than it had before. "Be practical I BROKE THE FAUCET OF MY SINK!!" "That doesn't sound that practical either"

"Anyways", Shea smirked, "Looks like you'll have to get YOUR place ready since we obviously can't do it at my place anymore. See ya at five" Her boss just groaned. "Screw you" he answered before hanging up.

Taking one more glance at her broken sink, she decided she'd just deal with it later. She'd just take a shower and head over to her boss's place. Maybe just leave a sign on her door.

-----------

Walking out, dry and happy, Shea closed her apartment door behind her. After locking it, she took the sign she made and taped it to her door. It read:

'SINK BROKE.
PLACE IS FLOODED.
NEW MEETING LOCATION AT MY BOSS'S PLACE.
ADDRESS:
4352 BAILEY STREET'

Shoving the tape back in the back pocket of her jeans, she started making her way down the hallway. Arriving at the front doors of her apartment building, she threw them open and stepped outside to feel a slight breeze. Nice day outside, makes up for me waking up early.

Continuing down the sidewalk, she realized how far of a walk it was to her boss's place. She was about to groan when she realized, hitchhiking.

She actually like to hitchhike, met more people that way. Though, she doesn't think they appreciated HER.

Shuffling her yellow sneakers down the sidewalk, she stopped and turned to the road up ahead. Putting out her hand, she raised a thumb up. Now she just had to wait for a car to stop by.
@Sailor Moon @Baddamobs @Fox of Spades @SaberWolf

Jadee.png

They were already planning to head to the car. So when they were being ushered out of the garden, Jade figured that she would not be needing the jacket. Much to her dismay. She had wanted to spend time with Kiril. But she could see her cousin - or brother or whatever - approaching her. Their parents would be expecting her at their car. And they would not be expecting a boy.

"I'm sorry," Jade said sheepishly. "But maybe next time you can give me your jacket?" She was internally praying that there would be a next time. "And I'll try not to ruin any more hedges... Or any more dresses... Maybe next time I won't wear a dress." And then it dawned on her what she had just said. "I mean, I would wear other clothes. Clothes other than a dress. I didn't mean..." She was blushing bright red...

Just as her cousin, Nathan, arrived. "Guess it was only a matter of time before you broke something," her brother said bitterly as though that was an appropriate greeting. "And you're dragging two other people into your mess..."

Then Sir Douchealot noticed that one of those was a rather pretty blonde girl. Just his type: A girl with a pulse. He straightened his shirt and swept his hair to the side. And approached her.

"What's a girl like you doing in such company?" he asked.

Jade's fists clenched into balls. "Don't. Even.Try."

He had heard that tone plenty of times before. Usually before some weird, impossible crap started happened. Nathan stepped back, trying to play it off. "No worries. I'll catch up with you later."

And with that Nathan was walking away. Thankfully. Though the damage he could of done may be irepairable.

"I'm sorry about him..." She was totally, utterly, and absolute embarrassed by his behaviour. "He's kind of a.. You know... Ass... Come on Ellia, I'll help you out before I leave"

Nathan may have just ruined her chances with Kiril.

@Archmage @Azazel[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sieg's House --> Hazel's murder site
Sieg.png

Sieg was lying in bed, arms folded behind her head when her phone pinged. She glanced at it on the night stand before sighing and reaching for it with her right hand. Even though she was born into the age of technology, Sieg had never been glued to her phone like kids her age. So she was in no hurry to answer the text as she raised her phone over her head and unlocked it. Her eyes rolled when she saw the text from August.

Yo, Sieg. We're going to crazy's house tomorrow. Forgot to ask for Hibiscus' number. Do you have it? No worries, bro code is always in effect, my dude. You should change your mind and come with, it'll give you some time to hang with her. She seems nice. Jack will be there too. We heard some cops say some disturbing stuff and think it might be worth looking into.

Why did he always send such long text messages? Sieg sighed as she finished reading the text and glanced up at her ceiling. Obviously something had happened with the police that she'd passed on her way out. That, of course, made her curious to what happened after she'd left, but she could always ask someone later. She sighed finally before hitting the reply button and started typing out her reply, starting with Hibiscus's number.

Here's her number, and stop implying things. And I won't change my mind about going to that girl's place since I don't know her at all. I'm going out to the forest later in the afternoon. I'll text Hibiscus to get caught up on the drama. Later.

As short as she could possibly keep it. She sent the text and then stared at her older messages. Hibiscus had texted her a couple months prior concerning a project they had to do in biology class. They hadn't really communicated via text since then. Sieg furrowed her brow a bit before sighing heavily and clicking on the messages. She might as well send a short message to her too, since that's how she liked to keep most forms of communication.

Hey, I heard something went down after I left. Care to tell me about it?

Sieg didn't expect a reply immediately, or at all, so she set her phone back down on the nightstand and clicked off her light. These were things she could worry about in the morning.

The next day started out fairly normal for Sieg. She woke up, showered, ate breakfast, and went on with her day. She finished a paper she'd had to get done for her literature class. Around three thirty, she'd finished all her work and glanced out of her window. The weather was fair, still a bit cloudy, but at least nothing was falling from the sky. She started tapping her foot on the floor and glanced at her phone. She technically wasn't supposed to go out without her grandfather being home, but he was late. And she wanted to get out in the forest before it got too late.

Sieg sighed before getting up and heading downstairs. She scribbled down a quick note and stuck it to the fridge before leaving through the front door. The temperature was pretty nice, no wind so that helped keep it a bit warmer. The blue haired girl glanced towards in the direction of the Pearson's. She moved towards the porch before stripping off her shirt and jeans, folding them in a way so they were easily tied together.

When her clothes were wrapped in a bundle, she closed her eyes and rolled her neck as her body started shift. The sound of bones grinding and breaking could be heard as she grunted, falling down on all fours. She shook her head and felt her skull grown and elongate. Within a minute, a deep blue wolf with blue eyes stood in her place. She shook her entire body before picking up her clothes in her mouth and bounding off towards the Pearson house.

It only took about seven minutes to reach the area where the Pearson house was at a full gallop. She stayed out of sight in the surrounding brush as she moved past the houses towards the woods. As she passed by, she caught the scent of a campfire and paused briefly. She huffed softly before moving on, deeper into the forest. The animals all seemed to be hiding, or keeping their distance from the foreign wolf as she passed through the trees. When she reached the river, she found a shallow part and waded through, doing her best to keep her clothes out of the water.

Once she reached the other side of the river, she immediately caught the faint scent of human blood. She exhaled before bounding off in that direction. The scent got stronger as she neared a small clearing. Sieg skidded to a stop, dropping her clothes by a large pine tree and crouched low to the ground. There was an intense, heavy feeling in the air that was hanging near the bloodstained area that was roped off with yellow police tape.

Sieg couldn't shake the feeling on the back of her neck that told her to run. Her wolf instincts were telling her to run from whatever was lingering around that area. Her more curious and thickheaded human instincts, however, pushed her closer. She kept her head low and tried to walk as quietly as possible. She inhaled slowly and was assaulted by the irony scent of blood. There was so much blood that was soaked into the ground the grass had died and dried up. Sieg began breathing heavily and she was starting to feel a fear creep up her spine. What exactly had happened to Hazel?

5igwsA6.png

He'd slept like a log. August awoke to the sound of his blaring alarm clock - 9:45am it read. Why'd he set his alarm clock for 9:45? Bleary-eyed and still tired, he decided to dismiss the question and instead turned off his alarm before reaching for his phone. Wow, none of the book club people had so much as answered him. Ah well, there seemed to be a reply from Sieg so that was a start.

Thanks, man. If you ever change your mind, you know where we're at.

Once that was over and done with, he sat up and eyed his messy room. Doesn't meet certain livable standards, his brother had described it. His room was none of Demetri's business, he'd clean it when he felt like it. He had a frigging murder to investigate and now that he had both Hibiscus' and Jack's numbers, they could get things moving.

He sent both Jack and Hibiscus a text and added Sieg in for good measure.

Yo, Sieg gave me your number! I nabbed Jack's before I left the other day. Figured we'd need to do some communicating. We're going to the weirdo's place in the afternoon, yeah? Where are you guys at now? Just woke up, but I'll catch up.

With plans in the works, he decided it was time to prepare for the day. August shimmied out of the clothes he'd worn at the memorial and began rummaging through the mountains of clothes on his floor. He pulled out some black pants, a shirt, and a jacket and promptly changed into those. Reaching for his phone, he stuffed it into his pocket and made his way downstairs. Breakfast first, crime solving afterwards.

@Sailor Moon @Baddamobs @SaberWolf

JackBanner1.png
The next day/ His house -> Outside Shea's apartment/ @Fox of Spades @yourwarriorangel
============================================

Jack had awoken already feeling exhausted.

The boy had pried his eyes open, and forced himself to rise off the pillow. He yawned and stretched, but the sluggish feeling of sleep clung to him. He turned to look at the clock, not too surprised to see it was fairly early in the morning. He'd woken up at his usual time, but felt like he had risen far too soon.

This was starting to feel familiar. Despite going to bed at a reasonable hour and getting a good few hours of sleep, every day was beginning to feel like a struggle to greet. The memorial yesterday had helped, but it was clear this weight in his chest wasn't going away any time soon.

But staying in bed wasn't going to help anything. With a sigh, Jack climbed out of bed, and started trying to pull his daily routine back together. It was still a good few hours before he had to head out to Shea's place to meet with the others, so he should at least make some kind of effort to get his things in order.

It was a few hours later, while he was making a failing half-hearted effort to look at the school work which had being piling up, when his phone buzzed. Jack at first didn't recognise the number, but the message cleared things up.

Yo, Sieg gave me your number! I nabbed Jack's before I left the other day. Figured we'd need to do some communicating. We're going to the weirdo's place in the afternoon, yeah? Where are you guys at now? Just woke up, but I'll catch up.

Jack laughed a little at August's bluntness. The guy was clearly the sort to refreshingly speak his mind. Jack quickly texted back,

Hey, August. Just getting some school stuff handled on my end. I think we're fine for a little while since we're meeting her in the afternoon, right? I looked up Shea name in relation to the newspaper, by the way: she's actually a pretty good writer, despite everything, lol. Maybe she is legit?

Jack set his phone down after sending the message, leaning back in his chair. Despite his misgivings about the whole thing, Shea's writing did help to quiet the uncertainties in his head. If she was actually getting a chance to write for the paper, it could mean that she found out something that the public might not be aware of. Maybe this was an actually sound idea after all.

Jack could only hope, as he made to stand up. He'd make one last attempt at this work, and then head out with plenty of time. Hopefully the walk would do him some good.

=====================================================

The trek to Shea's place was uneventful, though not exactly peaceful. There was a thick, uncomfortable presence in the air, just out of perception. It was like invisible fog choking the entire town, tension charged. It was like Heather's death had taken something fundamental out of the town.

Although, maybe that was just Jack…

The boy, preoccupied by such grim and idle thoughts, almost didn't see Shea, standing with her thumb held out. Jack blinked. He ran through a mental map of the town, determining that they were right next to the address she had given the group yesterday. Was the reporter hitchhiking away from her own apartment that she told them to head to?

"…Shea?" Jack called out, voice uncertain. "Hey, how are you? Aren't we, uh, supposed to be meeting at your apartment about now?"

Jack checked his watch. They were definitely in the afternoon by now.

"Did something happen?"

16ktaq1.png

Home ----> Shea's Boss??

Outfit
Hibiscus was sat at the bar table secluded from the rest of the witches that gathered and passionately discussed the events of the memorial. The police officer's words weighed heavily on everyone's minds, including Hibiscus'. She had to wonder if what he said held any truth, and what would happen now that at least a dozen or so people had heard what was said. Mr. Pearson was trying to rally the other witches and take things into their own hands, just as sure as Hibiscus that there was foul play at hand. Hazel's mother was the exact opposite. She wanted nothing to do with murder investigations and was trying to keep her nerves together.

What good will come of using magic? You can't bring back the dead! Our daughter is dead...

The sound of defeat in Mrs.Pearson's voice made Hibiscus feel as if she had intruded on their conversation. Was she supposed to say that? Seems everyone else thought the same as the room fell silent, and Hazel's parents left the house, one right after the other as Mr. Pearson seemed to be chasing after his wife. Hibiscus lowered her gaze onto her hands, when her phone vibrated gently against her thigh. Hibiscus pulled her phone out of her pocket and flipped it open.

Siegrid? The raven haired woman raised an eyebrow as she read the message. Hibiscus considered what to say, then looked over at the witches in the living room who were quietly speaking to each other. There was no way Hibiscus was going to tell Sieg about any of this, and last she checked, Sieg wasn't all that interested in working as a team. She knew it would be petty to reply with her true thoughts, so she shut her phone and hopped down from the bar stool. Her parents seemed ready to go, their faces deep with worry. Hibiscus didn't utter a peep, mostly because she wanted to be in her own room to think over what had happened. She needed to collect her thoughts, and find out how to go about this without exposing herself.

@-->--->

The next day wasn't nearly as bright, or as warm as the last. The sky was gray and the weather had chilled enough for the potential for snow, fitting considering how depressing the town felt now. No matter what though, she wouldn't let the weather interfere with her plans to head over to Shea's Boss' place. And if Jack and August's replies to the group chat were worth anything, then she wouldn't be alone. Speaking of the group text... Hibiscus still hadn't replied to it, but reminded herself to make that a priority after she was dressed. She fished out a dress made of a thin, sweater like material. It wasn't thick enough to keep any one warm, but this way, it would create the illusion of being cold. She stuffed her Polaroid camera and other miscellaneous items into a tiny book bag.

Grabbing her keys, she headed down the stairs and flipped her phone back open and her fingertips rapidly tapped at the tiny buttons. Omw. See you soon. Hopefully this chick's boss is a little more composed lol

The ride to Shea's was a short one thankfully, since this whole trip could prove to be a total waste of time. Hibiscus was confident that this girl would help though, especially since she had her own information of her own to contribute. She parked her car across the street and got out almost immediately after pulling the key out of the ignition. As Hibiscus got out, she looked up at the house and wondered how her parents would feel knowing what she was up to, and if the Pearsons knew where Hazel was when she died. Taking a deep breath, she walked the rest of the way up to the address and knocked on the door.

@yourwarriorangel @Fox of Spades @SaberWolf @Baddamobs

Reactions: yourwarriorangel
Jadee.png

Morning. Unfaltering, blinding, glaring morning that discerned the night owls from the early birds. She had been woken up too early by the light of a new day. Far earlier than she really should of, after having stayed up all night gaming. Her alarm had yet to go off. But rather she had left her curtains open all night and now the rising sun was bursting through. Jade lay in bed for a moment. Mulling over her night. Two achievements and a new high score, good. Nightmares about the black dog, bad. Her therapist often told her to try to focus on the good things, no matter how small.

She was hungry. Like, really damn hungry. So a tired, exhausted, hungry, Jade dragged herself from her bed and headed out of her room. To the landing. The landing in their household was one of the most daunting of places. Awkward, difficult morning encounters were always a risk. Especially if her cousin had risen from that decrepit nest he called a bedroom. Ugh! But thankfully he was not awake so early in the day.

Stealthily she crept to the staircase. Until she put her foot down on the very topmost step. Jade winced at the boards creaked. A long, slow, noisy squeak. A moment after that, she judged there was no movement from anyone else's bedrooms and continued on her daring escapade.

As Jade neared the bottom of the staircase she heard voices. Her aunt and uncle must already be awake. And they were talking. Almost arguing, a pretty heated debate over something. Jade stopped to consider waiting on the staircase, in quiet and silence, to listen to their conversation. But this was their private conversation. And she was hungry.

"Morning," her aunt greeted, causing her uncle to turn around.

As soon as they saw her emerging from the staircase, her aunt and uncle shut right up. Her aunt had seen Jade first and pretty much called her out to her uncle. She stood for a moment with them. It was by no means a large house and the kitchen had since been expanded into the backroom. The same backroom that the stairs fed into. So Jade with the two of them in silence.

"Everything okay?" Jade finally asked before the everything became even more awkward.

The two of them looked at each other for confirmation. Then her uncle nodded. "Well, here's the thing," he began, "your aunt and I were talking about something. About you." Oh boy. Here it comes. "Your aunt thinks that-" Her aunt faked a cough. "We both think that it is time for you to learn about your parents. And about the family as a whole."

Just then she heard her cousin pipe up from behind her. "Oh, we telling Jade that she's a witch?" he asked. "Finally"

Jade looked at him with utter scorn and contempt. "Of course you'd make jokes about the Pearson's faith," she replied. "What are you even doing awake, anyway?"

Nathan just shrugged before walking over to the fridge. "Just hungry. Why did you drag yourself up from coffin and grace the living with your presence?"

Jade stuck her tongue out at him. It was childish and immature. But she was childish and immature at times. Instead of wasting more time on her loathsome sloth of an cousin, she turned her attention to her aunt and uncle. "So what were you saying?"

"Honey, we have to attend a meeting today. And we want you to come with us," her aunt said. "You'll learn and discover a lot of things there, I'm sure. A lot about this family and your parents. And about yourself too."

"I've already got plans today," Jade replied.

She did have plans. But she was also not in the best place emotionally or mentally. Anything to do with her mother and father would just make her even more depressed.

Her uncle piped up: "That settles it. Another time then." Her aunt seemed less than pleased.

Nathan laughed as he passed by her on his way to the staircase. "You and the book bashers meeting today?" he asked before running up the staircase like a ridiculous naughty child. And she heard him call down from the landing: "When are you bringing your girlfriend to meet our parents?"

That little piece of- Ever since they were little, whenever she had a friend he would joke about her fancying him or liking her. As they got older, Nathan did not grow up. He kept making the same jokes about her having a girlfriend or a boyfriend. He even made disgusting animal jokes when she had wanted a pet lizard! Why must she put up with such an infernal cousin?!

Jade had to force herself not to swear in front of her aunt and uncle. Instead she made her way to the fridge, no doubt raided of all the good food by her brother just moments earlier. She took the first thing she saw that required as little effort as possible. Chocolate pudding. She loved chocolate pudding!

As Jade went to the silverware draw to procure a spoon, her aunt spoke up about her eating habits. "Goodness, child. Have something proper to eat for breakfast. You need actual food. Real food. Not just ice cream and pudding."

"I'll get some actual food when I go out in a few hours." With that Jade went back to the staircase. "Oh!" She paused on the first step. "Do I have an appointment, today, with Dr. Lysander?" she asked.

Her aunt pointed to the calendar on the fridge, held in place by a magnet. Jade looked over at the fridge. Before decided she was too lazy to trudge all the way across the kitchen and back to the fridge. So she shrugged it off and made her way back upstairs with her sweet chocolate prize in hand.

• Love
Reactions: Azazel and envogue
6RHxDVz.png

"Claire we are off to the store! Be back later!" Groaning she rolled in her bed at her father's voice. What time was it? And when the hell did she fall asleep? Reaching over to grab her phone the bright screen made her eyes burn as the light hit her sensitive pupils. 10:23. Damn she slept a bit later than she wanted. Sighing she closed her eyes, just five more minutes. It was the weekend after all. Wait, no she had plans. Eyes darting open she sat up. "Reporter girl!" The words just tumbling out as she slid from her bed.

Stumbling to her closet she looked through her clothes and pulled out a few things. Quickly Claire went to the bathroom to shower. Scrubbing at her skin with soap and a cloth, hurrying as much as she could. No time to wash her hair, she was out in five minutes. "Brush.. brush.. hairband? What the fuck is..?! JUNE YOU LEFT THE TOILET UNFLUSHED AGAIN!!" Huffing she pressed the knob and grabbed a towel. Wrapping it around her body, brush and hair accessories in hand she was back in her room. "If I am too late then I'll miss the meeting. And Sheo.. Shee? Shea? Yeah her." Speaking to herself the teen brushed her hair roughly, not caring much. The mess just needed to go into an elastic to put it up.

Applying some simple makeup, mostly natural tones for eyeshadow and a thin line of eyeliner Claire smeared some pink lip balm on and tugged her hair into a side low ponytail. Slipping on her white crop top, denim Daisy dukes and colorful bracelets her eyes looked into the mirror. A mess as always. "Too late.. dammit." Slipping on some ankle socks and her sneakers she made her way downstairs. June was OK the couch eating chips as she looked up. "Sporty Spice cosplay?" The teen rolled her eyes. "And you're lazy ass spice.. did mom make breakfast?" She crossed her arms. The older sister shooed her away. "Yeah yeah.. eat some cereal princess. We have like Cap'n crunch or some shit."

Another eye roll and Claire was in the kitchen. She didn't have time to sit and eat cereal. Granola bars? Nope. Fruit? Nope. Right grocery store.. "Why does your fat ass eat everything!" She groaned at June and grabbed a bottle of water. "You're a pig more than a wolf." She huffed as she left the house. Now it was time to figure out where and the hell this Shea girl was. She only had half the address and the scent was faint. By the time she made it to the building Jack and Shea were gone. And as she stared at the sign she grumbled. Squeezing the empty water bottle she threw it at the trashcan in the corner and walked back outside. Great all this rushing and no breakfast was for nothing. "Stupid people..."

As she began to walk back home Claire looked down the alleyway. Hmm.. was that the apartment's window? It didn't hurt to look did it? Did she feel bad? Not really. This stupid girl made her waste her precious time. Taking the path down she quite couldn't see into the window. Grabbing a trashcan she flipped it over, thankfully it was empty, and stood on top. Wobbling to balance herself she peered into the darkness. Oh it was just the lame sink. This girl was.. messy. Was that... No no.. just tissues. Not something gross. "Shit.. couldn't they give her apartment more windows.. it isn't even fancy so why hide your tenants.."

• Love
Reactions: Azazel and envogue
ellia_everleigh__1__by_xhelena_skyx-dc27r2c.png

F
ortunately she hadn't had to stick around with either of them for too long and was rather thankful to get home. She'd had a little too much fresh air for one night. The door of her small home shut behind her and she breathed a sigh of relief. Alone again. Just the way she had been and just the way she was beginning to prefer.

She didn't need to see a clock to know how late it had become. So, she quickly set about preparing for bed and practically barricading herself in her bedroom due to lingering paranoia. She had been killed in her home once already and wasn't about to let it happen again.

~~The Next Day~~

The next morning she drug herself out bed before noon, which she considered an accomplishment considering how long she'd laid awake haunted by the thoughts lingering in her mind. Her eyes were opened, yet the world remained as black as it had always been to her eyes. "Today's weather forecast is is dark and gloomy as per usual." She muttered under her breath sarcastically as she moved about her room. "Not a cloud in the sky. Or anything else for that freaking matter. Yet still dark as hell."

As she mumbled to herself, she undid the locks on her bedroom door and shuffled to the bathroom. The hot water from the shower was soothing to her sleep-chilled skin. A familiar lullaby echoed around the bathroom as she took to humming in order to help fill the silence.

Out of the shower, she brushed her teeth while her wavy hair air-dried. What was she going to do with it anyways? Style it? She did run a brush through it though to avoid being a fuzzball. Next was her closet, grabbing a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved white top. A sigh left her lips as she realized her shoes weren't exactly in the spot she'd believed them to be in when she took them off the previous night. Thus the mad hunt for her ballet flats began.

It took her a little over twenty minutes to find them on the corresponding spot on the opposite side of the room. Just where had her brain been when she'd gotten home? Everything had a place and needed to be in that place or she screwed her whole system up. Resisting the urge to gripe some more, she finally grabbed her cane and left the house, setting off for the library. It's not like she had anything better to do today besides do some transcribing. Plus, they got in a new audio book she'd been meaning to listen to anyways.

The walk was proving uneventful. Same boring weather. Same people chattering about as she passed the same places. And then she heard it. The clattering of a trashcan in itself wasn't abnormal. The scent of a wolf again not abnormal. But then you add in what she heard next. "Shit.. couldn't they give her apartment more windows.. it isn't even fancy so why hide your tenants.." And then you suddenly had a recipe for something interesting going on.

Ellia paused, tilting her head slightly as she listened. Just what was going on? Carefully and quietly she made her way closer. "Pardon me, but what are you doing?" She asked, a look of carefully controlled curiosity dawning her features. "Because it kind of sounds like you're trying to catch a glimpse of an apartment which clearly is not your own."

@Celestial Scorpio[/hr]​

5igwsA6.png

Afternoon came quickly enough, and August left the arcade he'd killed time at to go and meet up with Jack and Hibiscus. Huh, turns out he'd missed an earlier text from Jack. There was a new text from Hibiscus too.

On my way my dudes. Yep, it was this afternoon. Decent writer huh? I doubt that, but I'll take your word for it. Don't worry 'bout the boss man, if he turns out to be some creeper I'll give him a good sucker punch. You two have nothing to worry about. Was hanging out at the arcade nearby, I'll be there in 10-15 mins. Cya.

As he sent the text, he stepped out of the brightly colored and air-conditioned room and onto the streets. The address Shea had given them was a short walk away, and if he jogged, he'd probably get there in half the time. August broke into a run and sure enough, got to his destination in no time flat. Jack and Hibiscus were already there... Shea was there too.

"Yo, Jack, Hibiscus. What did I miss?" He ignored Shea on purpose.

Hibiscus was already knocking on the door. "I swear if this is some hoax, the weirdo over there is going to pay for it."

@Baddamobs @Sailor Moon @yourwarriorangel

Reactions: yourwarriorangel
hTIO3Br.png

"Hey!" she waved at the newcomer. "Jack was it?" she asked. "Anyways, we had to move the location of the meeting. At my boss's house." she snorted. "Guess he has to get his lazy bottom out of his chair now. Answering my question, my apartment...well....it flooded." she shrugged.

"When'll the others get here, d'ya know?" Coincidentally, as she asked the question she caught the familiar face she recognized as the girl named Hibiscus knocking on her empty apartment door. Shortly afterwards, pea-brain showed up too. "Never mind..." she added to Jack. "I found 'em"

"Yo guys!" she hollered to them, waving them over. "We have a change of plans! We're headin' over to my boss's house so follow me!"

"And before you guys ask, story short, I flooded my apartment. Boss's place isn't too far from here, I was hitch-hiking just now before Jack came. Didn't you guys see the note I taped on my door?

Shea distinctly remembered leaving a note taped on her apartment door, saying the new meeting place was at her boss's house. She wrote down her boss's address too. Surely they couldn't have missed it?

@Sailor Moon @Baddamobs @Fox of Spades @SaberWolf

Reactions: Saber
Status
Not open for further replies.