1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk

R o s e b u r n

Discord | Char Index
OOC
fc1XdZsmuD_YqeQsV4k2lTzjmGY.gif

"Things are about to change..."

• "Hazel was only the beginning..."
    In this roleplay, we will follow the lives of our supernatural and human characters as they attempt to go on about their daily lives after Hazel Pearson's death. The witches were always a tightly knit community, but for a long time they dealt with the vampires and werewolves positively. Many made friends with the others, aiding each other by sharing their strengths where others were weak.

After Hazel is murdered, a dark cloud seems to form over the supernatural community, and no one knows who to trust anymore. One thing is for certain, only another supernatural could've taken Hazel out. She was a formidable witch, a mentor to many young witches, and was kind to all. Her death shocked not only the supernaturals, but the humans as well. The last known murder was over a ten years ago and the killer was caught red handed within days. But the detectives have no leads, and not a clue about where to start. Naturally her peers begin to look into the murder, pulling others into the madness along the way. Many vampires and werewolves hope to clear their name from the witches's list of suspects, and find themselves down an even darker rabbit hole than they imagined.

We will delve into a town of secrets, lies, and conspiracy, as the characters try to unravel the gruesome murder that took place on December 29, 2017.

• Vampires: Immortal, sensitive to sunlight. Needs human blood to sustain themselves. Has the ability to glide, heals quickly. Can only be killed by stakes, decapitation, werewolf bite and intense UV exposure.. Change involves being bitten by a vampire and drinking their blood, the human body has to die in order to change, but the change isn't guaranteed.

Werewolves: Immortal, shifts uncontrollably on the full moon. The more they fight their shift, the more feral they are in the beast form. Weak to wolfsbane and silver, sensitive to high pitched noises and high voltage electricity. Can shift whenever they like into a bipedal wolf beast. Have their consciousness when shifted, but it's weakened on the full moon. Can be killed by large doses of wolfsbane, decapitation, vampire venom and silver poisoning. Can change humans with a bite, but only an alpha. A bite from a non alpha will result in death

Witches: Not immortal, able to use magical powers. As magical powers are used more often, the more toll it has on its user, pulling away from their overall stamina. Magical spells take time to invoke, so they are weak against fast and immediate attacks. Witches can be killed by any normal means of killing (buckets of water don't happen to work here, sorry). Witches can use spells whenever they like, but the cost that comes to themselves is something they really need to watch out for. Witches are essentially normal humans with some magicky magic.

• 1. Obviously all Iwaku rules apply here. I do consider this an adult roleplay, because it will explore darker themes, such as murder and sacrifice. All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, at least in appearance.

2. I'm not going to tell you to do anything crazy, but GMs word is law. Please respect that, and your fellow roleplayers! I love drama, but it needs to stay IC. No bickering, no arguing. If you have an issue, come to me and I will do my best to solve it.

3. To be apart of this roleplay and to continue participating, you must post at the very least once a week. Failure to do so may result in your removal in the roleplay. What happens to your character is left to the GMs. If you're going to be away, please just let me know, so that I can make plans for your characters absence. If you need to drop, lemme know! I might even let you come back if you want.

4. All posts need to be at at least two full sized paragraphs, with minimal typos. Nobody is perfect, obv. So I won't hound you about it, unless there are a lot of typos often.

5. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues. Be reasonable with your character creation, and be sensible when writing their strengths, abilities, and weaknesses.

6. You are encouraged and expected to be able to help move your own individual stories along, as well as contribute to the plot in small or big ways.

7. There will be mature themes, but there will be no sexin' in the IC thread...or OOC thread. If two redstars or bluestars want to take it to the PMs I have no issue with that, but please fade to black otherwise, before it gets too steamy.

8. Be consistent. Consistent with your characters personality, and with your posting! Just be consistent. :)

• Name:

Birthday: (It just seems easier than asking the age of every species separately. So, how long has your OC been alive...er, undead? All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, for now, except vampires. Vampires, no older than 200, and the older they are, the less time they've spent in Roseburn.)

Species: (Human, Vampire, Werewolf, Witch)

Height:

Weight:

Grade: (10-12 Year 2-4)

Personality: (Three sentences minimum giving a basic overview of your character's personality.)

Positive Traits:
    (Top three personality traits that your OC will exhibit the most.)

Negative Traits:
    (Top four traits that your OC shows during negative situations.)

Strengths:
    (Can be physical or mental.)

Weaknesses:
    (Can be physical or mental. Must have at least three, not relating to your species.)

Skills:
    (A maximum of five skills that your OC has regardless of species. Please be specific!)

Gift:
    (Applicable to Witches, Werewolves, and Vampires only. Vampires may choose between speed, strength, charm, and aura(hypnosis), meaning they're better than average in that category. Werewolves will choose between, control, speed, strength, stamina, and intelligence. Witches will place their affinity/element here. Witches are expected to elaborate on their gift. One max.)

Gift Description:
    (Witches are expected to elaborate on their gifts, as well as listing strengths and weaknesses relating to their gift. Vampires and Werewolves, please explain how they fare in categories other than the gift you've chosen for them.)

Attitude:
    (Can just put like or dislike.)
    Humans:

Werewolves:

Vampires:

Witches:

Bio:
    (At least five sentences discussing their life before, or after their stay in Roseburn. Can also discuss present time!)

Sample post:
    (Can be anything. Must be at least two paragraphs.)

Relationships:
    (Optional)

Extra Info:
    (Optional)

hTIO3Br.png

"Well I'm Shea, Shea Hemme. Nice...conversing with you all. At least I know SOME of you are human." she exaggerated at Augustus, glaring at him. "I will now let you know I had NO intention of talking about this AT A MEMORIAL. I will also let you know that I AM INDEED HUMAN and KNOW NOT WHAT TO DO."

This time, considering being under a table for once, she crawled out and stood up. Brushing off dirt and grass from her dress, she answered Jack. "I will tell you this now though, he probably knows more than he should. Now, I invite you over to my apartment to talk about this later. Maybe tomorrow, AFTERNOON. And please, don't bother bringing any ANIMALS. Unless they happen to be of the non-Augustus types." she glared again at Augustus.

Turning back to Jack and the others she apologized. "Sorry for the rough first impression. Especially to you Jack, I'm not usually like this. Sometimes. Maybe. But still, I didn't mean to come off the rail like that. Just an odd morning is all."

Finding her gaze landing on the treats on the table, she turned once again to the others. "If you all are interested in what I've found out, please, don't mind coming over to my apartment sometime tomorrow afternoon. Here." she grabbed Siege's arm. Pulling a pen from a pocket in her dress, she wrote her address.

'Dead Willow Street
Mother Anne's Apartment Complex
Building 5
Apartment 4594'

"I look forward to having you guys" she finished, popping the lid back on the pen. "Most of you at least" she directed at Augustus again.

Shea had found she liked this bunch already. Siege, Jack, Hibiscus, and.....that's all. Augustus can be very intimidating. Actually, he is intimidating. No doubt to that. But again, she was intimidating herself sometimes. Sometimes.

"I guess I'll be off then, unless you'd favor me sticking around. I've been eyeing those treats over there and I think I'd like some." she decidedly said, heading over to another table.

She would actually like to stick with the bunch, but she remembered she was in charge of the political column. She had a job to do. After she had her fill she'd have to check out what's been happening with politics this week.

But she'd see them tomorrow. Hopefully.

@Sailor Moon @Fox of Spades @Baddamobs @SaberWolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiril.png

D-did she just... fall...? Through... through the hedges? What?

Kiril had been leaning upon a part of the maze wall that was hardened, either by interlocked stems or some metal framework that the whole maze was initially grown on, he had never actually bothered to check. He had also never even imagined someone just sinking through it. What would owners think? Wrecking a grieving family's property on their deceased daughter's memorial was not something anyone ought to do, much less the son of the town's mayor. The same mayor, under whose leadership the aforementioned daughter was killed. The ensuing loss of face would be devastating!

Of course, those thoughts only came to him much later. Much later after he'd leaned over and pulled her up by her upper arms. She was surprisingly light, he didn't even break a sweat, although he was rewarded for his efforts by about a dozen scratches from the hedges all around him. A sleeve of his blue shirt was also cut but he couldn't care less - he wasn't going to wear so light a colour anyways. However, the realization of his own, albeit very minor, injuries made him instantly think of Jade - she had, after all, fallen straight through. "Are you alright?" he asked, rather concerned, almost instinctively turning her arms over and checking her skin for any deeper cuts.

It was only after all of this, that Kiril realized he'd been leaning over and ogling at this girl for the better part of a minute and hastily let go of her arms. "Uhm... those hedges seem to really hold it against you. You almost got stepped on a moment ago, now you literally fell through." he smiled at his own poor attempt of a joke because, well, what else was there to do? "But seriously" he added in a more serious tone "Are you alright? A fall like that can be dangerous. An accident at a memorial in a small town may be a movie cliche, but it's one for a reason."

Last edited:
Jadee.png

Twigs and sticks and branches and stems. All scratching and scraping. Until he pulled her up. She had a few scratches, a sore rump from the fall, and a Hell of a bruised ego. But she was really alright. Until her mother saw her... And her ripped dress. Even her leggings were a little torn but Jade would hardly care about those.

Jade felt herself be pulled from the collapsed hedge. My hero.

"I'm alright just-" Jade struggled to untangle an unruly branch from her blonde locks. "Just this damn-" She finally pulled it free and threw it to the ground. "Phew. Aside from my hair and my dress, I'm okay. I think." She tried to look at the ripped side of her dress, twisting in the blue fabric and making the rip even bigger until most of her left side was showing through. "Ugh. My mom's going to kill me but... I guess it wasn't my favourite. Thank you for the help."

Turning back to the mayor's son and shooting him a smile. And did a little curtsy. Oh crap. Oh no. Did she really just... Yeah, she had. She had God damn curtsied! What was wrong with her? Why would she even- Okay, no. She just had to play it off and act cool. She could still salvage this and seem like a reasonably acceptable person. Right?

"So, shall we go and meet those people you mentioned? Your school mates."

Jade collected her shoes, her phone, her little bag, and what little self respect she could manage to muster before starting the walk out of the maze. After a few paces she she stopped to look back at Kiril just as her phone buzzed in her hand. She could check in a minute.

"Shall we?"

Kiril.png

Did she just curtsy at him? Like a proper lady from some old movie? Was he supposed to bow back? Kiril just stood still as this girl, who had put him in more confusing situations over the course of the last few moments than he'd been in for the last year, yanked an actual branch off her hair and cleaned leaves off her dress. Her blue dress, which she-

"No, don't-" he had spent more than his fair share of time on black tie events and he'd witnessed what can happen to those tightly wrapped fabrics upon sharp movements. Alas, he was too late, as Jade twisted the fabric to observe the damage and what was just a surgical incision became an open wound.

Kiril just shook his head as she imperturbably collected her things and just stood there, perplexed, as she even began walking towards the house, turning to usher him in the same direction. Did this girl completely lack in self-awareness or was she simply that selfconfident that nothing could disrupt her composure. He'd witnessed girls and even older women completely freak out over much less severe damage to their outfits. Stranger still, he found out he didn't care which was true, as this behaviour was quite charming. Or was that simply the effect of that pretty smile she'd shone him? Before she had fucking curtsied, that was!!!

"Wait-" he said firmly. Wait what? Wait, you can either act with the mannerisms of an impeccable lady from the last century or you can walk into a room fool of people with your dress and leggings ripped apart. Pick one, you can't do both. Of course, even though he wanted to say that, he could never be that direct and impolite. So instead he followed up with "Your outfit is quite damaged, it may be, uhm, improper(?) to just waltz inside like that. Plus, people may look at you weirdly. You know, unlike me, because I totally get you and everything about you." he couldn't help but chuckle at that "Anyhow, I've got a jacket in my dad's car, I left it because it felt too warm inside, I should fetch that for you. That way at least most of the damage would be hidden. It's even similar blue colour to your dress, so it may even seem intentional."

Last edited:

Aurora LaBelle

Aurora's eyebrows raised, and her gentle pink lips curved into a delighted smile almost immediately after Juniper spoke to her in French. She could easily tell by the accent that Juniper wasn't even close to beginner's French- and normally she would've laughed at such a bad accent- But something about Juniper's aura just made the whole thing endearing. Perhaps it was the way Juniper's cheeks flushed, or the way her eyes dazzled Aurora with their brightness that endeared her to the girl. In any case, Aurora made a mental note to get to know Juniper better.

Juniper's question about whether she and Claire knew Hazel caused Aurora to come out of her meandering train of thoughts, and she was reminded that she was at a funeral.

Aurora let Claire respond first while she pulled her thoughts together on a response, and she smiled and nodded in acknowledgement towards Claire,[color= #d29393] "Oui Hazel was the kindest of souls. I knew her quite well, actually. I believe she was a bright mind, and she could have done many things, had she lived. She quite liked to read and learn new things, so she was always coming by my bookshop. And I agree...she did not deserve the fate she met..."[/color] Aurora paused for a long moment, her hands clenching slightly, and her eyes casting downwards, [color= #d29393] "Mort à l'animal qui l'a tuée."[/color]

Aurora lifted her eyes after a short second of silence, her tone returning for the dark turn it had taken, [color= #d29393]"Bon, I think I'll be having tea and snacks at my bookshop tonight for Book Club- though I'm not sure anyone will be coming, due to the funeral. I have said this before, but a cup of tea can help calm the soul, oui?"[/color] Aurora smiled, turning her gaze to Juniper, her expression taking a daring turn and her eyes glinting playuflly,[color= #d29393] "Ma cherie, es-tu doux comme tes yeux? I think I should like to see more ofyou around- stop by the Olde Bookshoppe anytime you like." [/color]She gave a bold smile, knowing that more than likely, neither Juniper nor Claire would know exactly what she said.

@Vio @Celestial Scorpio

5igwsA6.png

August scowled when Hibiscus rose to Shea's defense. Compassion my ass. Jack is right here. Had he had it his way, he would have removed Shea from the premises and dumped her onto the street, but he wasn't family friends with the Pearsons and he didn't exactly know Jack all to well. Bottomline, he didn't know any of them well enough to know if they'd appreciate it and he would rather not cause an even bigger scene despite how disgusted with the journalist he was.

So he kept an eye on Jack instead.

The guy seemed taken aback at first, but eventually - though still frazzled - joined Hibiscus.

Well... if he'd rather learn more, August had no right to deny him the information by removing Shea from their table. He sulked of course, he was still fuming. August looked away, bits and pieces of their conversation merely drifting in one ear and out the other. They were asking about the animal attack again. He felt sorry for Jack but didn't butt in anymore.

He only resumed his participation when Sieg introduced him as the "mean" guy.

For fucks sake... he was looking out for the grieving boyfriend of the very recently deceased Hazel.

"Sure, I'm the villain here. Stand up friend you are, Sieg." He wasn't going to lie to himself. He was interested in what Shea had to say, especially when the girl outright stated that her boss knew more than he should have. What did the mean? Shady shit... that's what it meant. "Glad you have enough decency to save it for after the memorial," he spat in response to Shea. "Doesn't make what you did any less Goddamn awful. I'll be tagging along of course to make sure you don't pull anything."

He eyed the address Shea wrote down and continued to scoff until she announced her departure.

He watched as Shea left for another table then turned to face the stunned Jack.

"Some people. Hey, you coping okay? You didn't need any of that, man. Also, I take it we're going to Crazy's place tomorrow?"

@Sailor Moon , @SaberWolf , @yourwarriorangel , @Baddamobs

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue and Saber
Jadee.png

There were only so many ways that Kiril could continue to prove to be a perfect gentleman but Jade was not sure he was going to run out of those ways just yet. He was right about the dress though. It would certainly seem indecent. And she'd never hear the end of it from her aunt. Or from her cousin-brother-nuisance-hybrid-thing.

"A jacket'd be great, thank you," she replied. "If it's not too much trouble?"

Jade really did not want to put him out or bother him. She had already caused him enough hassle. Despite this, she was smiling at him again. Her eyes watching him through the reading glasses she never took off. He was rather cute. And taller than her. And kind. And funny. And had not yet rejected her or put her down despite her complete idiocy with the hedge. Best of all was that Kiril had offered her his jacket. His jacket!

She should tell Juniper about him being so cute. Though Juni would either like him a lot or threaten to break his legs. Was it really wise to tell Juni about Kiril? Juni very well may scare him off. Jade quickly decided against it. Besides, it was not as though he had shown he liked her in any way. Was he not just being polite? Thinking about Juni was the reminder she needed to check her phone.

She popped onto her phone to read the text:

[Yeah I got here a while ago. Someone bumped into me at the buffet table, but I never got his name. I just met a girl named Claire though, and we're talking at the moment. Otherwise I'd come find you. If he tries to pull a fast one on you let me know......I'll come over there and break his legs. :P ]

Knew she'd threaten to break his legs.

Jade thought about what to text back. Who was Claire? Claire. Claire. Hm. Jade didn't care, she was spending time with Kiril. And he was going to give her a jacket, his jacket. She began typing out her text reply, her thumbs tapping at the touch-screen keyboard once again:

[Ripped dress. Kiril getting me his jacket. Then going to talk to some some of his school mates, maybe we can meet up when I'm back in the house.

Also... What's this stuff about the Pearson family being Wiccans?]

Short. Simple. And it would show Juniper just how little Jade cared about this Claire girl. And she was curious about what Kiril had said about Hazel and her family being Wiccans. And about the animal attack. It was kind of confusing and suspicious. And finally she looked back to Kiril.

"Want me to come with you to your dad's car?" she asked.

Oh. Wait. It wasn't his car, but his dad's. So he didn't drive. Jade mentally shrugged that one off. Not driving was hardly a deal breaker.

Reactions: Saber and envogue
ellia_everleigh__1__by_xhelena_skyx-dc27r2c.png

It was a while that she sat in the cool grass simply enjoying the evening. She knew they were celebrating Hazel Pearson's life instead of grieving so people were mingling in a considerably normal manner all over the place, she could feel the heat each person gave off as they roamed around the property. Ellia could hear the many conversations going on around her and if she cared enough to focus on any given one, she knew she'd be able to hear it like it was occurring right next to her. Fortunately for them she didn't much care so it all became background noise to her.

This though, relaxing out in the open while breathing in the crisp winter air. A spot to herself to reflect and enjoy the evening out of her home, which she rarely left aside from school or work. To her this was celebrating. The only downside about this evening for her was that she hadn't hunted in several days and was hungry. Here she was with all these potential targets around her to lure away and then make them forget she'd even bitten them. However, this was still the memorial for a girl from her school. Even if she didn't know her in the slightest, Ellia refused to damper the celebration of her life by sneaking around and preying on those attending the memorial. She would just have to deal with her hunger and the tantalizing scent of blood underneath all the assorted perfumes and such used to cover the tracks of other supernatural beings. She could wait to hunt until tomorrow. She'd have to.

It was a while longer that she enjoyed the night. No one bothered her and she didn't bother anyone else. Besides, it was always unsettling to feel the stares she tended to get around people both due to her disability and the resulting eye color it gave her. Since she was blind no one ever thought she noticed, but she always got this weird chill on the back of her neck when she was being stared at and that was even before she was a vampire. It didn't help any now that her hearing had improved to the point where she could hear the whispering without even trying. Sometimes she let it get to her while others she was able to brush it off. It was more difficult now without her brother to defend her and tell them to lay off her. She'd had to get thicker skin and learn to ignore it. It was so hard though.

For a moment, even though she was here to celebrate the life another had lived, she almost slipped back into her depressive tendencies as thoughts of the comments people would make and that her brother wasn't here to help her anymore clouded her thoughts. She felt so guilty at times that she had woken up after that attack and he hadn't when he had been the one so full of life that had deserved to live; not her.

Spiraling farther and farther down the rabbit hole, soon it would be days before she could pull herself out of it again. However, she was fortunate enough to be startled out of her train of thought. A crash in the the nearby hedges made her almost jump as her head spun in that general direction. Mentally she reminded herself why she was here and beating herself up over events in the past that she couldn't change wasn't one of them.

She knew she couldn't be alone, not now, lest she risk dropping back into her own mind. So, she gracefully rose to her feet and picked up her cane once more.

Appearances, appearances.

A sigh left her lips as she began using her cane to feel her way around once more despite knowing exactly where she was going. In her path of exiting the maze there were two people, one of which she assumed was the one who had startled her earlier with their unexpected tumble through the hedges. One male, human by the scent he gave off along with the scent of the blood coursing through his veins. The other was a female covered by an orange blossom perfume. Definitely not human then. As she got closer, Ellia could smell the delicious tint to her blood. Definitely magic.

Even though she knew they were they and could hear them talking even from back where she had been sitting, she still knocked her cane into their ankles on 'accident' Her white eyes widened as she appeared to look around in an attempt to see the person in her path. Unseeing, white eyes drifted in the space between the human and the orange blossom witch.

"I'm sorry..." Ellia said softly, pulling her cane back slightly so it was no longer making contact with them. "I didn't know there was anyone in my path. I didn't mean to hit you...." Her voice was timid, yet melodically sweet. Any who assume this melodic lilt came from her being a vampire excelling with her charm would be wrong. She'd possessed it her whole life. It had especially proved useful when Derek used to ask her to sing along to songs he'd written on the keyboard.

"My name is Ellia, by the way, and I'm sorry if we've met before but until one of you speaks, I've really no way to tell." A blatant lie told with the most honest and innocent look. She knew she'd never met them before even if they did attend school with her. She'd never actually spoken to anyone here since she'd just arrived in Roseburn earlier that year. None of them knew that she'd never truly spoken to anyone here though, preferring to stick completely to herself unless hunting or working.

@Lockheart @Archmage[/hr]

• Love

"It was a little harsh, August." Sieg couldn't help but smirk at the way Shea was addressing August. Augustus. Not even she called him Augustus, for several reasons. One of which that it was just too much of a mouthful to say, but Shea made it seem easy. This girl was very erratic and Sieg wasn't exactly sure if she could be trusted. Humans always claimed to have something worth while, but most times it turned out to be a wild goose chase. Whether Shea's boss had factual information was questionable. And she wasn't about to go to some strange girl's house with a bunch of people she barely knew, August not included

"I appreciate the offer." Sieg said as she stood and glanced down at the others. "But I'm going to have to pass. No offense, Shea, but you're an unreliable source. How are we suppose to know your boss isn't just spitting bullets to make a better story?" Sieg wasn't a very trusting person to begin with, so when a girl who was hiding under the table, spying at someone's memorial said she had more details...she found it a bit hard to believe.

"Well, it was nice to see all of you." The wolf continued as she shoved her hands in her pockets. "I think I'm going to get going. All of this isn't really my scene and all this talk of how Hazel was murdered is unsettling. I wish you all good luck, though."

Sieg turned her back then, waving her hand as she walked away. As she made her way up the porch, she passed three police officers. Two of them were in their mid forties, but the third was young, maybe twenty three at the most. She inhaled deeply as they passed and almost coughed at the anxiety and fear that was radiating from the younger one.

Sieg glanced over her shoulder as they passed before making her way through the house. She walked to her grandfather's car before jumping in and starting it up. The engine roared before she peeled off down the street towards her home. She didn't go as fast this time, but it was still faster than the recommended speed limit. When she got home, she parked the car back where it had been and headed into the house. She hung the key fob back up on the hook and started looking for her grandfather.

"I'm home." She called as she walked into the living area and glanced into the study, seeing her grandfather sitting quietly at his desk. "What's up, grand dad? You look like you're working hard." Sieg stood in the doorway to the study and leaned against it. Her grandfather didn't say anything and she tilted her head a bit as she looked at his back. "I was thinking about checking out the Pearson girl's murder site tomorrow in the forest."

"Are you sure that's wise?" Ragnar asked as he finally lifted his eyes from his desk and glanced at Sieg. "I'm sure there's going to be investigators and police scouring the area."

"Good thing I can turn into a wolf." She grinned at her grandfather and shrugged her shoulders. "It makes exploring the forest a bit easier. I'll see you later."

"Siegrid," Sieg paused and looked at her grandfather. "I know you're eager to prove yourself, but if this was a werewolf kill, we need to be smart. That means there's a rogue from another pack or an omega." He sighed and removed his glasses before glancing at his granddaughter. "But you need to be..."

"Cautious...I know." Sieg finished his sentence with a roll of her eyes.

"You're still young." Ragnar turned completely to face Sieg and furrowed his brow. "You may be my beta, but you're still wet behind the ears." Sieg hated that analogy. "Just watch yourself. We don't know what killed that girl and I don't want you putting yourself in needless danger."

"Yes sir." Sieg knew her grandfather was serious, and so was she. Even though she hadn't really known Hazel, she wanted to know if a werewolf had killed her. And then efficiently deal with that werewolf. Some lone wolves were known to wander and kill when they passed through areas on the full moon. It wouldn't be unbelievable if that was what happened to poor Hazel, but she wanted to know for sure. Call it peace of mind for her. Not to mention her own curiosity. Something just didn't seem right about the whole thing and it was nagging at the young wolf. So she was going to figure out what happened, one way or another.

JackBanner1.png
At the memorial/Yep, you guessed it, still at the table/@Sailor Moon @SaberWolf @Fox of Spades @yourwarriorangel
=====================================

"Do you really think that now is the best time to be given details about Hazel's murder?"
The unknown girl sat next to Hibiscus shot a glance around, though Jack wasn't blind to how it focused specifically on him for a second. "Surrounded by her friends and family, at her memorial? If you're really that persistent to get details, maybe we should go somewhere a bit more private. Or at the very least, wait until more people leave."

Jack frowned, his lips drawing into a thin line. He knew it was hardly appropriate to be talking about the details of Hazel's death at a time like this. Hell, he would have probably had more reason than most to find the whole thing inappropriate. But right now, there was some core part of him that was willing to throw aside social graces for the moment.

Jack needed to know. This whole memorial was helping, but until he knew exactly the why and what's of Hazel's death, he didn't think it was going to be possible to be at peace. He would take a risk if it meant finding even a small piece of the puzzle, even if that meant listening to this odd reporter.

"Well I'm Shea, Shea Hemme. Nice...conversing with you all. At least I know SOME of you are human. I will now let you know I had NO intention of talking about this AT A MEMORIAL. I will also let you know that I AM INDEED HUMAN and KNOW NOT WHAT TO DO."

…Then again, maybe it would be wise to aim for a more reliable source…

Jack knew some people were just naturally quirky, but this was…starting to get a little bit beyond him. 'I am indeed human?' What the sweet heavens was this girl even talking about?

Now that Jack thought about it, they only had the girl's word that she was even a reporter. For all they knew, she could just be a slightly…'touched' individual. While her offer of hospitality and apology were slightly more controlled, Jack was starting to wonder at the practically of this whole endeavour.

(That all being said, even Jack couldn't bite back a small snort of a laugh when Shea proceeded to write her address on Sieg's arm, of all things. You'd think a reporter would have a scrap of paper on them somewhere, surely?)

In any case, Shea quickly departed the table, aiming for the buffet. The small group fell into a brief silence with Shea's departure. Say what you wanted of the girl, but she certainly had quite the presence to her. Sieg announced she was leaving not too long after, and soon, it was just Jack, Hibiscus and Augustus. Augustus himself simply scoffed.

"Some people. Hey, you coping okay? You didn't need any of that, man. Also, I take it we're going to Crazy's place tomorrow?"

"I'll admit that I probably would have been better without all that, ha." Jack laugh came out more like a breathless sigh. He gave the other lad a sincere smile. "Thanks, by the way. I really owe you one for standing up for Hazel's parents and me, even when you didn't have to. As for Shea…well, that Sieg girl did raise a good point; it's not like we have too many reasons to trust that she even knows anything."

Jack chewed on the inside of his cheek. He felt out of his depth. He turned to the only other person still sitting at the table.

"Hibiscus, what do you make of…well, all of that?"

16ktaq1.png

@SaberWolf @Fox of Spades @yourwarriorangel @Baddamobs @★Under The Stars★

"Well I'm Shea, Shea Hemme. Nice...conversing with you all. At least I know SOME of you are human." she exaggerated at Augustus, glaring at him. "I will now let you know I had NO intention of talking about this AT A MEMORIAL. I will also let you know that I AM INDEED HUMAN and KNOW NOT WHAT TO DO."

Hibiscus raised an eyebrow at the girl's exaggerated antics, crossing her arms across the table and leaning away from her. She was truly something else, hiding under tables and ranting like a lunatic. It felt like Hibiscus had landed in some cringey teeny bop horror show, and for a moment, she wondered if giving this girl the mic was a wise idea. Still, Hibiscus would allow the girl to speak without interruption. She carefully studied the others' reactions, before clearing her throat quietly and allowing her gaze to settle back on Miss Hemme.

Augustus was quick to speak up, though Hibiscus couldn't blame him, since Shea seemed bent on picking on him. She closed her eyes and shook her head softly, taking in what everyone else said around her as she tried to make up her mind about whether or not to tag along tomorrow. Hmmm. Hibiscus hummed in thought, watching as Sieg dismissed herself from the group. She watched with a curious gaze as the woman walked away, then looked back at Jack and Augustus when Jack addressed her.

"Shea's definitely strange. Maybe she isn't human after all," Hibiscus said playfully, though there was some underlying tone that seemed to genuinely be questioning the possibility. "I think I'm going to go tomorrow. I want to see if her boss knows anything and if he does..." She paused for a moment, appearing to think carefully.

"I know it seems strange to you both but I'm going to take my chances with that girl, no matter how...wild she seems. I want to find out who did this and why, and then maybe...I can stop grieving and start to heal. I'd rather say I tried to help before giving up and locking myself away, or...being angry." Hibiscus inhales deeply, lifting her head and looking at Jack and August. "I hope you guys will do what's best for you." She said softly, her voice trailing off as three officers entered the backyard memorial.

~~~

"Still can't believe what happened." Officer Ross said quietly, as he pulled into the Pearson's driveway. He shut the engine off and grabbed the large bouquet of marigolds from the passenger seat, and got out of the car. Three doors closed and the trio of officers walked up to the gates leading into the backyard. Ross scanned the area, his shoulders lifting with tension and his palms sweating against the plastic wrapping around the flowers. His eyes landed on the large portrait of Hazel Pearson, and he had to shut his eyes as the gruesome image of Hazel's body sprawled out in the forest flashed in his mind.

"You alright there, pal?" Officer Kaves asked, giving the younger officer a firm squeeze on the shoulder. His grip was no match for the knots built up around Officer Ross's shoulder and neck. He gave a sympathetic smile, though knew there wasn't much he could do. Rookies always had a hard time with death, and it didn't help that Roseburn hardly had any crime. Mostly petty thievery, if anything.

"I-I'll be okay. Just going to uh, pay my respects." Ross took a deep breath through his nose, lifted his chin and walked over to the table where Hazel's portrait was on display. The tribute was beautiful, and she was beautiful. Looking around at all of the beauty and life around him made his head spin. It was so far off from what he'd seen in the forest that night that he felt like he was in some alternate reality. It didn't help that the investigators had written everything off so quickly. An animal attack... He'd meant only to think those words, but they left his lips quietly, and the disbelief in them could be heard loud and clear to anyone that cared to listen. "I'm sorry we weren't there to protect you." He said softly with a sigh, his bottom lip quivering as he steadied his breathing.

Last edited:
5igwsA6.png

And then there were three. August watched as Sieg departed before eventually turning his gaze to his remaining companions, Jack and Hibiscus. While the latter seemed intent on solving the mystery behind Hazel's death, the former didn't seem to know what to make of reporter's invitation. He was with Jack on this, Shea was weird and fucked up. Not to mention, Sieg had made a very good point - could they trust someone who hid under dining tables at memorials?

Probably not.

"Not a problem at all, man. She was way outta line, a real ass." He would have gone on and on, but Hisbicus' decision quieted him down. She was really going for it, huh? "Hey, if you really wanna jump down this rabbit hole, I'll come with." He hadn't known Hazel on a personal level and they hadn't been friends, but she was one of the good ones. She didn't deserve what she had gotten. If there was a way for them to clear the air and to give her some form of justice by finding the truth, then it was the least they could do to bring some form of closure to her family and the rest of Roseburn.

He wasn't noble, but something about this whole situation left a bad taste in his mouth.

"And truth be told, I don't trust the reporter either. You might as well have a bodyguard with you, yeah?" He left the question hanging then turned to Jack. "Not sure if this will do you any good, but if you really want to know. Well, this might help you figure things out. I'll be here to help too... uh wait, aren't those cops?"

August focused on the duo, watching as they went to pay their respects to Hazel. He noticed that one seemed more visibly shaken than the other, but otherwise, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

"Anyway," August resumed. "Think about whether you really want this, man. You can tag along tomorrow if you want."

@Baddamobs @Sailor Moon

ePAkvOm.png

Byron observed as the group sat the table and began interrogating a reporter, which he immediately began intrigued with. He never actually spoke, mostly because he was more amused by the banter that went on between the group and the lonely girl underneath the table. Jack's expressions of anger, sadness, and a mix of other things were absolutely delightful as well. Byron licked his lips a bit in response, wondering what those expressions would look like if Byron happened to attack him on 'accident' as a vampire. It would be a glorious reveal and the tension would be... Byron shook with so much excitement that he almost drooled.

To keep himself from getting too excited, he moved away from the table. Oh dear, that could've been very terribly bad. If I had not watched myself, Jack maybe would've seen Squire Byron, which... Oh dear. That would not have been good. Not at all. And I'm sure he would've run away from me forever and I simply cannot have that! I'm going to live forever, so I cannot simply have someone escape me for eternity! I need to play my cards much more carefully than I have been and that was almost the most careless move I could've made! Byron slapped his cheeks with his hands as he tried to get his lustly thoughts out of his mind. Dear Jack, how I wish you would come to me for comfort, rather than me having to approach you and forcefully make you a vampire so we can stay together for all of eternity! The thought was simply too much for Byron to bear. Forcing a human to be a vampire was one of the biggest taboos you could commit, and yet, the thought would be so gratifying. A game of cat and mouse with a human you had turned. Mmm~ It would be absolutely delightful!

By this point, a lot of time had passed. Too much time, some may say. However, there was one thing that pulled Byron out of his spiral. A police officer approached the picture of Hazel and seemed to be visibly shaken. Byron's expression was originally uninterested, but then he realized exactly what this meant. This man could be easily manipulated to tell exactly what he found at the crime scene. Byron's charismatic talents were about to come to light as he approached the officer, seeming timid almost.

Byron wore a slight blush as he approached. "D-Dear officer, are you alright? I know that you were one of the officers at the scene and I can't imagine the kinds of horrors that you might've seen." At this point, Byron was wearing an evil smile in his mind, although he kept his original timid-like attitude. "I can't even imagine seeing a mangled body, possibly unrecognizable from all of the damage done to it! Oh, it is too much for me to bear! I can't imagine what kind of agony you must've gone over! And to only see it as an animal attack, although I'm sure you have no idea what it could've been! To be clueless in the face of such a tragedy, how powerless and completely useless you must feel! I do hope that you've recovered from such a horrid state of mind. And if you haven't, I do hope you'll find the time to..." Byron got close to the officer and whispered in his ear. "Rot in hell, you useless, ugly, newbie, clueless piece of shit." Byron retreated and waited for the reaction of the officer, who he hoped would frenzy and disclose a few too many details.

• Love
Reactions: envogue
RSLsooVAA0zWVBMUZBabxguQqSFCn-7VlYb_YQ-suSugUV9_SNya8jAi0WJX73GeMoc7I3DQy1Nm6sZ_UnTDKOzbo8IFR7A4nMkdU1HaiXpaJMZwbCWv_Gkt6TuT6yGDP4qhbDHn

L O C A T I O N : K I T C H E N
M E N T I O N S: C L A I R E ( @Celestial Scorpio ), A U R O R A ( @Mars Walker ), K I R I L ( @Archmage ), J A D E (NPC), C A S S I U S (NPC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juniper's flustered state ebbed off steadily as they eased their way back into a normal conversation. Her blush subsiding enough for it to be something not to worry about, and her broad shoulders relaxed. Resting her chin into the palm of her hand, she inhaled deeply and exhaled with a light sigh while listening to Claire attentively.

"I uh.." Looking out the window Claire continued. "I wasn't close to Hazel. I do know she was an amazing person. I had only met her once and she is the type to bring a smile to your face. She was the friendliest person one could ever meet. She was also smart and she cared about others deeply. She didn't deserve.. this. I can tell you that now. Whoever did this... I hope they burn in hell." Sighing she looked over at Aurora. "You can call me Claire. It is nice to formally meet you Aurora."

Juniper could tell she had made Claire uncomfortable, but it didn't seem like it would be a problem. Hearing Claire talk about her helped Juniper envision the kind of person Hazel might have been. It is a shame they would never be able to actually meet. When Aurora was addressed by Claire, Juniper's hazel hue's glanced to the red head. They lingered for a moment, but her phone vibrating on the table pulled her attention away. It was just for a moment, and since Juniper already knew who it was from she decided to check it during the next pause in conversation, or if Claire wanted to add something again. Aurora sweet voice spoke up with out a moments notice, and Juniper listened carefully as she had done before.

Aurora The red headed beauty smiled and nodded in acknowledgement towards Claire, "Oui Hazel was the kindest of souls. I knew her quite well, actually. I believe she was a bright mind, and she could have done many things, had she lived. She quite liked to read and learn new things, so she was always coming by my bookshop. And I agree...she did not deserve the fate she met..." Aurora paused for a long moment, her hands clenching slightly, and her eyes casting downwards, "Mort à l'animal qui l'a tuée."

Well? I wonder....no no! She probably just meant they were friends.... Juniper refused to assume things about the woman she had just met. There were quite a few words that grabbed Juniper's attention with Aurora's response. Mostly that Hazel liked to read and learn, much like herself, and that Aurora owned a bookshop. Juniper's brows furrowed at this a bit perplexed by the woman. She looked young, so Juniper assumed she was around her age. Although, Juniper had never heard of a teenager owning a bookstore. Maybe it was a family business? There was so much Juniper wanted clarification on, but she was sure it would come in time. Hazel eyes narrowed in immediately on the subtle change of body language as the french left the other's parted lips. She was upset. Maybe even angry, and she had every right to be if that was the case. Given Juniper's lack of knowledge, she could only make out the first half of the statement. ' Death to the animal...' It gave her a enough context, and the words surprised Juniper. To hear that from someone who well....looked like an angel, at least in her eyes, would say that was enough to prompt Juniper to conclude that there was a lot more to Aurora than meets the eyes. Just as quickly as it came, it left, and the red headed woman was right as rain again.

"Bon, I think I'll be having tea and snacks at my bookshop tonight for Book Club- though I'm not sure anyone will be coming, due to the funeral. I have said this before, but a cup of tea can help calm the soul, oui?" Aurora smiled, turning her gaze to Juniper, her expression taking a daring turn and her eyes glinting playuflly, "Ma cherie, es-tu doux comme tes yeux? I think I should like to see more of you around- stop by the Olde Bookshoppe anytime you like." She gave a bold smile, knowing that more than likely, neither Juniper nor Claire would know exactly what she said.

Immediately when Aurora mentioned Book Club, something clicked. She was sure Jade had mentioned something about a Book Club at their favorite store before. Juniper just never felt prompted enough to go, until now at least. Though when Aurora's gaze took a playful turn towards her, Juniper's voice cracked "O-oh!" She coughs immediately to get her voice in check, and she chuckles nervously. "Ahaha..., Uhm, Are you the owner of The Olde Book Shop? A friend and I were actually planning on stopping in tonight, so I guess that's a funny coincidence then. What about you Claire? Think it'd be something you're interested in?" Juniper turns to Claire asking casually, though internally she felt so embarrassed. It was so uncool to have her voice crack like that. While waiting for Claire to respond, Juniper quickly opened up her phone again to read Jade's text.

[Ripped dress. Kiril getting me his jacket. Then going to talk to some some of his school mates, maybe we can meet up when I'm back in the house.

Also... What's this stuff about the Pearson family being Wiccans?]

"Huh." Juniper muses verbally at the text she had received. There was a lot to address in this text. Why was Jade's dress ripped? Did he do it to her? Though Jade probably wouldn't be so calm right now had he done so. Though there was enough vaguness in the text about this Kiril guy to make Juniper not trust him. He was a politican's son after all, probably a no good snake. Maybe he actually did hurt Jade and was using his influence to threaten her to stay quiet? The thoughts was starting to make Juniper anxious, and well pissed off. While bodily Juniper was able to keep herself still, it was easy to see by the scowl on her features that her mood had shifted. She glanced out of the room to Cassius, who was giving her a warning look. He knew when Juniper was about to do something stupid just by looking at her, but the reminder of his presence gave Juniper an idea. She shoots him a quick text, and watches him read it with out hesitation. He nods to her, and dismisses himself from his current company to go find Jade and this Kiril person. With out really thinking, Juniper said the first thing that came to mind as an attempt to distract herself from her current situation.

"Did you guys know that the Pearson Family are Wiccans? My friend just told me about it. I think it's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if a memorial is something akin to Wicca traditions. I've only read a little of pagan religions, but I do find it fascinating! Wicca is such a wholesome religion. I mean any religion that worships a patron goddess alone, is kind of awesome. I can dig stuff like that."

hTIO3Br.png

She couldn't help but hear some of Augustus's input on her, standing at the buffet table. In a quiet rage she stuck her tongue out at him. 'Geez, I didn't mean to offend or anything. If they knew what I knew.'
Snatching a pastry and stuffing it in her mouth, she started to make her exit from the memorial. 'Didn't find out much today except for the fact that sometimes, just sometimes, daft slags did exist in this world. What was that thing's name again? Eggo? Augment? Hmm...it had something to do with a month right? August? Augusto?'
Well was it really worth using her head for?
The wind blew her hair, causing the gate to creak shut behind her as she left the backyard of the depressing house. At least she had people to look forward to, but would they really come?
I bet they really do see me as that one annoying stereotypical journalist that leaves no one their privacy. Man, I bet they think I'd even follow them to the privy! BLEH.
But even that thought made her snort and laugh a little. She didn't even do much today but she was DAMN TIRED. Continuing to walk down the sidewalk, she noticed a black car pass by. Slowing down, she realized it was stopping for her. Halting in her tracks, she let the car come to a stop before her.
The window rolled down, revealing her one and only boss. In sunglasses.
"Boss?!" she choked. "Nice shades" she added in between coughs. "Thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing" her boss answered with a smirk. "What were you laughing at? Your foot size?"
"Well what're you smirking at? My schmexiness?"
"Just cut it right there that's going way to far. That's going way beyond physical science."
Shea rolled her eyes. "So how'd you even get the energy to step out of your office, let alone your chair?"
Her boss let down his shades, "Okay, good to know you don't stalk me, after all it was a great possibility. I actually work out you know, in the gym somewhere downtown."
"Wait.....are you actually driving?"
"I'm not that retarded, give me my due"
"Like I owe you anything"
"Just hop in the car already"
Opening the car door, she bounced in the front passenger seat next to her boss and slammed it behind her.
"Don't slam my precious' doors too hard, you'll make me deaf. I don't want to be made deaf any more than what you've already done with that mouth of yours"
Shea actually laughed at this. "You're funny you know that?"
"Nah, my looks must be drugging you, being your age"
Shea just smirked. "But seriously what's the occasion?"
"Just wanted to drive by, honestly. I'm getting sick of just hanging in that old office anyways. So how'd the job go?"
"Well one, I got caught hiding under a table by a bunch of dudes"
"Might be wrong about you being a stalker after all"
"And two, I invited them to come over to my apartment to converse, y'know, share stories. Told 'em you knew stuff" she snorted from his previous response.
"As long as we can tell 'em something. Those guys were the ones related to the late Miss Pearson right?"
"Well, yeah."
"Then they deserve to know what we know. It's not every day a loved one dies, not that you you'd know"
"My parents were NOT that bad!"
"Yeah, you're right, they were worst"
"That line is so CLICHE"
"Cliché but true"
Rounding the corner, they came up to Shea's apartment.
"Well here's your stop princess." her boss dismissed her.
"See ya tomorrow, thanks boss"
"Anytime...well almost anytime."
Shea hopped out of the car and slammed the car door, quite purposely.
When she started to head for the main door, her ears started ringing. BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Whipping around, she saw her boss pounding on the horn on his wheel. When he rolled down the window she yelled "What was that for??! I could've gone deaf!!"
"Not deafer than I" he laughed, driving away, parting her finally.
Checking her mental list as she headed upstairs to her apartment room, she realized the only thing planned was getting prepared for that meeting tomorrow.
Let's see just how this will go.
@Baddamobs @SaberWolf @Sailor Moon @Fox of Spades

• Love
6RHxDVz.png

Listening to Aurora Claire shifted her eye's to the other. When the french was spoken she didn't even bother to try to understand it. Of course she found nothing wrong with it but it was something she had no knowledge of. It was an interesting language though and maybe one day she would learn some things from the french woman. Tea? She often rarely drank it due to the strong flavor. If she did tag along she was curious if it would be okay to pass or if it would be taboo to not accept the drink. Maybe she was overthinking it and thankfully Juniper brought her from her thoughts as she spoke. "Hmm I don't see why not." Her tone not overly excited but not dull either. Claire's attention left Juniper as she seemed to look at her phone then elsewhere.

Wiccan? Just the word made her tense up a bit. She knew there was more to this world than humans, or even werewolves. Surely it was just the practice and beliefs and not actual witchcraft. She was unsure what to say at first before she looked at Juniper. "I mean they could be loose in their beliefs but it is nice to know they have an established religious preference." Claire played with a strand of hair for a moment before she could overhear more of the conversation outside. It had seemed someone, the reporter, had information about Hazel. Yet she didn't the address and sighed. She wanted to go and talk with her but with little to nothing she would be lost looking all day for the girls apartment. Watching as Sieg passed she caught a glimpse of some of the address. At least she had that going for her.

Next to pass by was the reporter, Shea? Wasn't that her name? Claire was unsure but made sure to focus on her scent. If she played her cards right she could use her heightened smell to easily track her tomorrow. She smelled oddly sweet and the blonde raised an eyebrow. Rarely did she find humans who smelled.. like such. Blinking she looked at the two close to her. "So who all is coming tonight Aurora? Any idea? I am not sure who all is in your club." Claire honestly just wanted to know if someone she disliked would be there or not. Not that she disliked many but there was always the small chance it could happen.
@Vio @Mars Walker

Last edited:
Kiril.png

Kiril was taken aback from the new arrival. In fact, he hadn't even noticed the girl until her cane came knocking at his feet. Turning around to look at her, he tried to recall if he had ever seen her around town before and decided he hadn't. Kiril just stood and listened as the girl, who had introduced herself as Ellia, began apologizing for bumping into them. He was remiss to greet her or even speak to her and couldn't figure out why that was. He couldn't possibly be angry at a blind girl for interrupting, could he? And what, as a matter of fact, was she interrupting, exactly? Questions that he had neither the time nor the desire to answer right now. Facts were, he felt a bit annoyed at her intrusion, even perhaps slightly angry. There was something off about her, he told himself. After all, shouldn't blind people have very keen senses? She should have heard us talking from meters away, she should at least be able to hear our footsteps and not just bump into us! It was almost as if... as if she was pretending to be more inept than she really was. Though why would she go to such lengths?

Perhaps, just perhaps, if left to his own devices, Kiril's conspiratorial mindset would have kicked in and he would have been able to come up with at least a dozen reason why. Alas, that wasn't meant to be as Jade suggested coming with him to his dad's car to get the jacket - an offer which succeeded in immediately soothing any misgivings he might have had about Ellia. The thought of being annoyed at her suddenly seemed silly, even shameful now. Quick to reprimand his mistake, Kiril turned to her and smiled politely "Please, there is absolutely no need to apologize, we should have seen you coming." he instinctively reached out for a handshake and just held his hand in front of her, unsure if whether to retract it or not "I'm Kiril Zarovich." he quickly added "Pleased to meet you, Ellia. I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet and I do think I've at least seen most residents of Roseburn who are around our age. Would it be too bold for me to suggest you might be somewhat new in town? If so, I'd like to welcome you to our community, in spite the grim circumstances, that is."

"I would love for you to come to the car with me." He said, answering Jade's offer to accompany him and trying not to sound excited "That way I can make sure you don't destroy any more of the hedge." He teased her.

Realizing it would probably be rude to ignore Ellia he thought of a way to get rid of her without being impolite. Why he would want to do that? Anyone's guess. He didn't feel like dwelling on his impulses too much. "We're going to the parking lot to grab a Jacket for Jade." Crap, this is the first time I've mentioned her name, isn't it? Should I just go ahead and introduce her? Though what should I really say? I have no idea how she might want to introduce herself, do I? Deciding that Jade was perfectly capable of speaking for herself if she wanted to, he continued almost without pause "It would only take a minute and we're going the opposite direction of the memorial. You're certainly welcome to tag along if you wish, but the house is just up ahead in case you were trying to get back inside."

Last edited:
Jadee.png

She found herself to be rather startled by the appearance of the blind girl. And her ankle was no stinging just a little. At least she didn't do another silly curtsy as a greeting. Though Jade was sure she'd find some new way to embarrass herself around this new comer.

More startling was that she found herself torn. Jade wanted to go with Kiril to the car and maybe spend just a little more time talking alone with him. But then this girl, could they really just leave her here? A blind girl in a hedge maze was not a good combination, even if they were right by the entrance. Jade knew that she shouldn't just leave Ellia alone at the risk of her getting lost in the maze.

Oh my god! He just introduced me. And not as someone he just met... Okay, breathe. Just breathe, girl, you got this. He introduced you by name! Does that mean he likes me? Jade was trying to stop herself from internally squealing. But while Kiril talked to Ellia, she slowly managed to compose herself.

"If you come with us, to the car, I can help you find your way to the house after," Jade offered. "If you want? I'd feel terrible if I left you out here alone." Despite wanting be with Kiril at his car, just the two of them...

She supposed there was one good thing about all of this: This girl had neither seen Jade fall into the hedge like a damned idiot, nor could she see the rip in her dress. Though Jade could only guess at what Ellia was thinking based on everything Kiril had said. She was doing the right thing, wasn't she? Oh, but she wanted to spend time alone with Kiril.

[/hr]

ellia_everleigh__1__by_xhelena_skyx-dc27r2c.png

For the few moments of silence that followed, Ellia remained still. She could practically hear the conclusions that were being jumped to along with the annoyance that the human seemed to feel at here presence. Despite her urge to sigh, she kept the smile on her lips. She was sorry that she had much more important things to concern herself with than eavesdropping on their conversation before she interrupted it. Truth be told, she knew she didn't have more important things to concern herself with and that she should have been more careful. The poor blonde had wandered her way into enough awkward positions to last anyone a life time.

"Pleased to meet you too, Kiril." She replied, tone pleasant. "And I am kind of new here. I just moved in a month or two before the school year started." While she could feel the heat emanating from his hand, it's not as if she could exactly give away the fact that she knew he was moving. Thus she seemed completely oblivious to the action.

In her head she debated what to do. She knew when people didn't exactly want her around and wouldn't force her company on those who did not truly desire it. Even if she had been considering going home already, having been out long enough for one night in her opinion, she didn't exactly want to head the same direction as them anymore. She'd feel too much like she was following them.

"I was just going to head home once I retraced my steps out of here." She found herself saying, mentally cursing the fact that her need to get out of the public eye ended up winning over her own personal view and feelings. "So, it sounds like we're heading in the same direction. Don't worry, once out of the gate I'll head my own way though. I wouldn't want to bother you too much."

Officer Ross - Memorial

Ross hadn't noticed the young man that had appeared near him and he barely heard that he was addressing the brunette officer. He swallowed hard and cleared his throat. "I-I'm fine, thanks." He replied as he turned his gaze back to the portrait of the Pearson girl. The image of her body flashed in his mind and he squeezed them shut, shaking his head slightly. "I've just got a bit of a head ache is all. But thank you for your concern." The young man continued to go on and Ross just wasn't paying too much attention. Until he heard him mutter some harsh words. The officer's eyes narrowed a bit as he turned towards the man and was about to give him a piece of his mind, but he let the words sink in.

He's right. He thought to himself as the officer blinked a few times and felt a feeling a self doubt infiltrating his mind.

"If only I'd gotten there sooner."
He whispered as his eyes widened and he was seeing every detail of the murder scene. "Maybe I could've saved her from whatever animal tore her apart. She...she was still breathing when I reached her. Why did I think becoming a police officer was good idea? I'm not ready for this. They said it'd only be minor crimes in this city. But now teenage girls are being murdered by animals. It didn't even look like an animal."

Officer Ross knew he was rambling, but he couldn't stop now. It was like the floodgates to all his thoughts on the murder were just flowing out and he couldn't even begin to think about shutting his mouth. "There was so much blood, and...and, the hole in her chest. It was so massive." Ross hadn't noticed the cold sweat he'd worked up for the fact that he was shaking. He turned towards the young man and said a bit louder than needed. "What sort of animal tears open a girl's chest?!"

"Hey, hey!" Officer Kaves appeared at that moment and put his hands on Ross's shoulders. "I think it's about time we head out buddy! Come on, let's get you home." Ross was still shaking and muttering to himself as Kaves guided him towards the house. "Sorry about that, guy. He's still a bit green, best not to dwell on anything he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.