1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
Using the word audition can make things sound scarier than they really are. Chances are if you put a lot of effort into your character sheet and create a unique character, you will be accepted!

Please submit your characters here, and only your characters. Questions can be asked in the interest check, or OOC. <--- Strongly advise reading the OOC before applying.

:) Thank you!

Last edited:
ISAAC ALFAIRE
sanguine black pearl
FXJ7OjS.png

"What? Is there something on my face?"
Medical
Birthday:
18 October 2000
Species: Warlock
Height: 164cm
Weight: 57kg

Legal
Grade:
Occupation: When asked, he claims to be a landscape photographer, but it's really more of a hobby that he occasionally gets paid for.

Personal
Personality:
Isaac can be a little stony around acquaintances, which seems to mask how laidback he is. If introduced with a group, he would likely be the unnotable middleman, but on his own, he has no shortage of character. He is particularly levelheaded, and his own natural calm seems to give him somewhat of a mellowing aura. Isaac doesn't mind excitement, but fundamentally values peace of mind. He possesses a dry sense of humour, along with a mysterious sense of amicability that doesn't quite qualify as charisma.
Positive Traits:
Reasonable
Sharp
Cordial
Negative Traits:
Disingenuous
Sarcastic
Manipulative
Arrogant

Abilities
Strengths:
  • Good at reading people and predicting their reactions.
  • Great capacity for logical reasoning, including the self-awareness necessary to recognise his own biases. This seems to largely mitigate effects such as a vampire's charm as well.
  • Excellent mediator and emotional/moral support.
Weaknesses:
  • Loses interest in tedious things very easily.
  • Perhaps as a sort of trade-off for his charm resistance, he has a notable vulnerability to hypnosis, only being able to muster up any considerable resistance when angry, which means pretty much never.
  • Despite being able to resolve the feuds of others, Isaac panicks when someone is upset with him personally.
Skills:
  • Resourceful and capable of thinking on his feet in a tight spot.
  • Has a simple defensive hand-to-hand fighting style that takes advantage of a good reaction time. Developed from scuffles that sprung from his seemingly cold demeanour, it is unorthodox but reasonably effective against superior opponents.
  • A surprisingly skilled photographer for an amateur with no training.
  • Despite an ineptitude when it comes to first impressions, persuasiveness comes naturally to him.
  • A skilled programmer, but largely held back by a lack of expertise. People often comment on his messy code.
Gift: 「Ichor of Lugh」 - Restoration (self)

Gift Description:
A passive "ability" that affects Isaac's blood. In reality, it is more of a disorder, locking an inordinate amount of magical energy into his bloodstream, even when he tries to use it. While this does give him slightly enhanced physical abilities and regeneration (similar to a weak werewolf in human form), it renders him a third-rate hack of a Warlock who has extreme difficulty using conventional magic. However, due to his incredibly potent magical blood, he is an almost priceless commodity among prey to extrahumans, especially considering a Witch's blood is of such high value under normal circumstances. Drinking Isaac's blood restores a vampire to full strength much faster than normal, and restores a witch's vitality both physically and magically, and even werewolves can ease their recovery rate with it. Isaac has wondered if these effects spread to his other bodily fluids as well, but the implications leave him reluctant to find out. He speculates as he gets older, more magical power will become trapped in his blood, so he will gradually and very slowly get more powerful, but finds it frustrating that there is nothing he can do to truly catch up with other Witches. Curiously, the "Ichor of Lugh", as Isaac himself nicknamed it, does not seem to be in its original state, but there is no trace of exactly what changed.

Miscellaneous
Attitude:
Humans:
"They're a little vanilla, but I have nothing against them."
Werewolves: "I feel an odd kind of kinship with them. Maybe it's because our powers are similar. I don't really like dogs, though."
Vampires: "I'm in a bad habit of constantly reminding myself about their charm. It makes it hard to tell whether or not I genuinely like them, but I try to be friendly regardless. I wish they would just ask to bite me instead of just using their powers to get their way, but I get the feeling that they aren't taking no for an answer if I tried."
Witches: "They feel about as close to me as werewolves do. I'm sure there are more callous ones who would like to dissect me, but I'm mostly just disappointed that I can't do everything they can. I would've liked a mentor if it had even a one percent chance of working."

Bio:
Isaac has lived in Roseburn his whole life, mostly trying to get by with his lack of power and gleaming cardiovascular beacon attracting unwanted attention. He has a vague memory of meeting a "large woman" when he was younger who he is fairly certain was a werewolf, and he speculates that she might have been the cause of his condition somehow, but he also admits he has no idea one way or the other. He has lived a largely human lifestyle due to his magic training being cut short by abruptly reaching his limits, so he has no special connections or even much knowledge of the "dark side" of Roseburn. To fill the gap it created, he took up landscape photography around three years ago, and has sold... some copies of his first anthology, as well as taking part in a few competitions where he would consistently place in the top five, but never higher than third place. He is still a student however, and he spent most of his school life staring out of windows in an introverted way... until a murder happened.

Sample post:
[bg=#cc0000]It was common knowledge that one could spot a main character in a classroom by simply picking out whoever was sitting on the third desk from the back on the left side by the window, so Isaac Alfaire had made a point of deliberately avoiding ever being placed in that particular seat, even having the relative fortune of being in the front row when sorted into alphabetical order.
It was not because he had any particular aversion to the idea of a lead role. He had a healthy amount of self-esteem, so he was naturally his own center of attention like any respectable sentient life form, with the possible exception of octopi, but he didn't exactly respect octopi to begin with.

That was exactly the problem. Not a lack of respect for octopi. Rather, being the center of attention would have gotten him eaten. As such, he had carefully, tactically positioned himself in the very back row in the very middle. A corner would have been suspicious enough, but the middle was just blatant enough to have him overlooked in almost all circumstances, and so he had made himself comfortable and gotten stuck into a certain PDF on his phone. The graphs hadn't rendered very well, but that wasn't much of a concern for him. He was more interested in the actual results of the survey rather than the topographical distribution of the people who took part. After all, "what are your favourite podcasts" wasn't really a complicated question.[/bg]

Relationships:
"I don't know anyone."
(subject to change)

Extra Info:
Nothing in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: envogue
shinobu18.png

Name:

Siegrid 'Sieg' Erickson

Birthday:
July 16th, 2001

Species:
Werewolf

Height:
5'9"

Weight:
152 lbs.

Grade:
11th

Butcher's assistant at the local meat market

Personality:
Sieg is very approachable, mainly due to her looks, and enjoys the attention she gets from them.
She is very easy going most of the time, though she is very proud.
Take a jab at her close friends or family and she will quickly jump to the
defensive with a smile on her face. Being a seventeen year old werewolf, she tends to be a

bit flirtatious and boastful when she feels like she has no competition, which is all the time
and will never back down from a fight.

Positive Traits:

-Intelligent
-Brave
-Protective

Negative Traits:
-Holds grudges
-Competetive
-Vicious
-Can be lazy

Strengths:
-Tracking
-Easy to talk to
-Will go to great lengths for the ones she cares for
-Physically strong

Weaknesses:
-Has a hard time keeping her emotions in check
-Doesn't commit to things easily
-Closes herself off when she gets in bad moods
-Most animals don't like her

Skills:
-Can talk herself out of most situations
-Very good at tracking and hunting with ranged weapons
-Trained in hand-to-hand combat
-High endurance as a human
-Enhanced senses

Gift:
Speed

Gift Description:
As a wolf, Sieg has incredible speed. This of course, causes her to be a bit weaker than
other werewolves, but not by too much. Her endurance falls a bit short as well and her attacks
as a werewolf work best in short bursts. The control of her shift is about 90%.

Though she hardly ever loses control, if she shifts in an emotional state,
it's harder for her to focus and not let her emotions take over.

Attitude:

Humans: "Ah, they're not so bad. A little boring, maybe,
but I suppose that can't be their fault."

Werewolves: "Obviously I prefer my own kind when they're acting right."

Vampires: "They smell bad, like death. As long as they don't bother me or start a feeding frenzy
I could really care less. Though blood feuds are hard to forget."

Witches: "I find them a bit hard to trust. You always hear those stories
about how you meet a beautiful girl and then she
turns out to be an old hag."

Bio:
Siegrid was born into an old blood family of wolves that go back to ancient times when they were
still feuding with vampires. Of course she wasn't alive for any of that, but her great grandfather
would always tell her stories about the werewolf uprising and how their family played a significant
role in the treaties. When she was around seven years old, her pack moved to Roseburn by some ominous
call that they just couldn't seem to resist. It didn't take long to realize that the other inhabitants of the city
weren't all human. Even after all her years living there, she still isn't sure what draws so many
supernatural beings to Roseburn. All she knows is that the moonlight feels purer there.

Even though she's never really lived in a true human society, she adapted quickly. When she started
going to school, she made friends quickly and even though she was never scared of how
people would react to what she was, her family urged her to keep it a secret. When she was fifteen, she got

a job at the local meat market assisting the butcher. He taught her a lot about how to wield various
blades and let her take home some prime cuts at least once a month.

Sample post:
[spoili]
This wasn't exactly how Sieg had imagined her day going. It's not that she didn't like spending
time at school, but not cleaning. Though it wasn't unusual for her to get detention, most of
her punishments were confined to study halls or finishing homework. It seemed her teachers
were starting to get a bit more creative since it didn't exactly stop her transgressions.

"I can't believe this." She sighed as she folded her hands on the mop handle she was holding
and rested her chin on them.
"Don't the janitors get paid for exactly this?"

"Well, maybe if you hadn't punched me in the hallway,"
Sieg scoffed before glancing to the right to see the boy she had 'assaulted' in the hall. "I don't
know why I got detention too. I'm the victim here. Just look at my face!"

"Looks better than before, in my opinion." Sieg smirked and shook her head before
she continued to mop the floor of the cafeteria. The boy just growled before
scrubbing down the tables.
"I think I did you a favor. And maybe it's because you hit me in the
back of the head with a football."

"Maybe you shouldn't be standing in the middle of the hall!" The boy retorted as he
threw the wet cloth on the table and Sieg turned to face him.

"What do you think the hall is for, idiot?!" The girl replied as she clenched her jaw. She took a few steps
towards him and the boy did the same.

"You two!" Sieg and the boy flinched as their teacher folded her arms over her chest and frowned.
"Get back to work!"

[/spoili]​

Relationships:
August: "He thought I needed guidance. But I'm pretty sure I know more
than he does. I keep him around so he won't bother me about being his friend."

Hibiscus: "We got teamed in school once. She smells like burning wood. She's
a bit of a jerk most of the time. I find it amusing."

Extra Info:
Transformation
[spoili]
tumblr_n3x841ZZUp1txx70ho5_400.gif

tumblr_n3x841ZZUp1txx70ho6_400.gif

[/spoili]

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Aurora Rhiannon LaBelle
Basic Info
Birthday // October 31
Species // Witch
Height // 5'3
Weight // 120lbs.
Grade // 12th Grade
Occupation // Assistant Manager at the Olde Bookshop

Personality
Aurora is truly kind, but is known for her unique way with words. She is a proud frenchwoman at heart, and bears the soul of a poet. But do not mistake her for being weak, for if the situation calls for it, she will not hesitate to put you in your place. It is often said that the world lights up when you are in her presence, and she is very intuitive. Aurora knows exactly what she wants in life, and can bounce back easily from any setback. She’s an open-minded individual, and is very passionate about the many things that she loves.

Positive Traits // Kind, Intuitive, Charming
Negative Traits // Sometime Intimidating, Stubborn, Sarcastic, Unpredictable
Strengths // Aurora is very stable, mentally. He has amazing control over her magic.
Weaknesses // She is not very physically strong, and can be easily overpowered in a fist-fight. Sometimes she can rely too heavily on her magic, and will exhaust herself.
Skills // Aurora is proficient in her magical skills, and is very knowledgeable about the history of the supernatural. She is a walking encyclopedia of magic, and botany.

Attitude Towards...

Humans // She's fine with humans- she admires how far they get without magic.
Werewolves // She's got no problem with wolves.
Vampires // Dislikes. Finds them to be on the same level as a tapeworm.
Witches // Considering that she IS a witch, she's find of her own kind, but is aware of how terrible her kind can sometimes be.​
Gift
Aurora's gift is the affinity of Earth.

Gift Description // Aurora is exquisitely gifted when dealing with plants. She can grow plants straight out of the dirt, and enhance whatever properties they may already contain. For example; Aurora can enhance the healing properties of aloe vera, to make it heal burns at a fast er rate. She can manipulate plants in such a way that they bend to her will, which takes a good amount of hard concentration. Occasionally, if Aurora gets too distracted or is emotionally unstable, her magical energy can cause the plants to grow too large too rapidly and become exceptionally dangerous.​
Bio/Extra
Aurora comes from a very old family of witches. It is said that her bloodline reaches far back in history, all the way to the first witches. Her family, the Labelle's, are self-proclaimed curators of supernatural history, and have one of the largest collections of books and artifacts relating to the supernatural and occult. Her family owns a large estate somewhere in France- and they will not tell where exactly, for the safety of their collection.
Aurora was raised in France on the above mentioned estate and has been taught, as all Labelle descendants are, how to curate and take care of the history that they have gathered. Because of this, Aurora has an extensive knowledge of occult/supernatural things.
Her parents are largely absent from her life, as they spend most of their own taking care of the old Labelle Estate in France while Aurora attends school elsewhere.

Relationships // TBD

Extra Info // Aurora lives alone in a townhome near the heart of Roseburn, She is multi-lingual.​
Sample Post

Amarante's heart began to thunder inside of her chest once the two left her alone with herself. It beat so hard and loud that it was the only thing she could hear and it clouded her thoughts. Tears threatened to fall, and she didn't stop them- she couldn't stop them, because she was scared out of her mind.
With her tears flowing freely, Amarante darted into the control room and took charge of it, getting a hold of everything and just barely managing to steer the boat properly, and as best as she could.

Everyone just needs to make it out alive. If that boy comes back, he'll perish!

Amarante squeezed her eyes shut, her hands were shaking.

I might die- this might actually be the last thing I see. The ocean, crashing and threatening.

She opened her eyes again, pressing buttons on the control panel here and there while she held the ship steady against the waves that rose twenty or more feet in the air. She had no wish to die- but she felt an obligation to save these people. She wanted to keep them alive- and if the only casualty was herself in exchange for those who might survive, then so be it.
Amarante's heart calmed, and her breathing evened out. She had made peace with her fate, and she was able to look death in the face and not turn away. For the good of others, she could do it. Her confidence built itself up, and she kept steering the boat, struggling to stay upright as the boat was hit with wave upon wave of rain and water.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
latest

8f265351831a323371363ddd02099711.png

Birthday:
May 13th, 1910

Species:
Vampire

Height:
5'11''

Weight:
122 lbs.

Grade:

CNA at Nursing Home

Personality:
Byron can be seen as a great many things. They can be seen as the sweetest person you've ever seen, or they can be the harbinger of death. It all depends on their mood and how hungry they happen to be.

Byron, for the most part, is seen in the most glorious light. He is a sweet-talking, hip-swinging guy with the attitude of a well-mannered princess. However, this princess has some bite. He is sensitive to others, but he is protective of what is his. He will not allow anyone to badmouth another person or to hurt them in any way.

However, when his hunger gets the better of him... People for him to feed on best run fast and run far, as he is as menacing as a vampire may get. Though, Byron does wonder... Does this hunger reveal his true nature as some sort of bestial creature? Is he turning away from being human entirely?

Positive Traits:
- Persuasive to boot
- Effeminate
- Highly Social

Negative Traits:
- Illogical
- Arrogant
- Manipulative
- Effeminate Takes Things Personally

Strengths:
- Memory capabilities are much higher than average
- Charms are ineffective against Byron for the sole reason that he is able to see through them because of his own gift
- Excellent at noticing minute details in speech or body language, although he cannot predict actions accurately

Weaknesses:
- Does not feed on people who are not about to die because of his strong morality
- Fears his hunger
- Hunger develops faster for Byron
- Unskilled at noticing minute physical details

Skills:
Connections - Byron might not know about a specific person, but he is sure that he knows someone who does.
Quick Thinker - Byron might be a 'princess', but he isn't stupid. He works quickly and efficiently when dealing with people.
Makeup - Over the past almost-century, Byron has learned to skillfully change his appearance using makeup. It will take time, but he can assuredly fool someone of his identity given enough time.
Medicine - Byron picked up a thing or two when realizing that studying a medical profession would be a much easier way to get blood for his hunger. Byron has the trainings of a full-blown nurse and knows how to treat serious wounds.
Intensity - Byron keeps eye contact with people at all times, causing them to feel slightly uncomfortable and be more vulnerable when giving up information.

Gift:
Charm

Gift Description:
Byron is not known for his physical attributes. His speed is that of a humans and his strength is not much better than a humans either. However, his aura is certainly something that will make others quickly go into submission. His aura is easily his second-strongest attribute.

Opinions:
Humans:
"Well I must hide among them. What would be the point in hating them?"

Werewolves:
"Ah yes, the blood feud and all. I don't care for it. I don't care about what these idiotic ancestors of mine did."

Vampires:
"Well... My kin are certainly... Interesting. I happen to dislike them. Too... Personal. And it's not like I asked to be a vampire."

Witches:
"Now now now we get to the fun ones, don't we? I've had many-a-bout with the witches and I find them absolutely fascinating~ Mmm, I think I had one for a cozy afternoon in my bedroom once. Things began flying, oh my, it was such good fun. Absolutely adore them."

Bio:
Byron arrived in Roseburn shortly after some things went sour in a town that happened to have an entire coven of vampires. So to speak, someone died and Byron was blamed for it. He was hunted and yada-yada-yada, Byron is now in Roseburn after escaping their grasps.

Byron spent his time in Roseburn forging documents and finding a way into the schooling life in Roseburn. He worked out how to get in, as well as how to get a job at a nearby nursing home for his hunger. Once he inserted himself into the Roseburn community, there were no problems. He seemed to fit in just fine. And then the popular girls found him prancing around the halls. "OH MY GOD. YOU'RE GAY, RIGHT?" And then Byron was immediately inserted into the high echelons of popular society. He tried his best to just be nice and keep aggressors to a minimum. He was over 100 now. He couldn't keep exhausting himself with fights forever.

Then news spread that a girl has been brutally murdered, one person that he happened to know. Now was not the time to freak out, but Byron had felt he was being watched. Byron now worries that a witch hunt will ensue to find those of his kind.

Sample post:
Byron wondered why there was such a commotion today. People seemed to be whispering to each other and they seemed to be looking around scared. Some people were crying and others looked incredibly sad. Byron looked around, completely confused. Something definitely happened, but he wasn't sure what. Then he saw Cassandra coming toward him at full speed. "Bitch, we need to talk," Cassandra dragged him into the nearest classroom as she said this. "Have you heard yet?" Byron looked at her, even more confused than he was before. "I mean, I see everybody around looking sad, but no. I haven't heard. What happened?"

Cassandra pulled Byron in close and whispered in his ear, "One of the girls who goes to this school was found dead last night." Byron whispered back, "Who was it?" Cassandra paused for a moment. "I... Byron... I'm sure you'll hear soon. I would tell you, but... I'll just say that you'll find out later today." Byron shook his head and held his hand on his hip. "Excuse me? Cass, you can't just walk away when telling me something like that." By that time, Cassandra had already moved through the door and she seemed highly upset. "Wait Cass, I...!" Byron rolled his eyes at himself, then scoffed at himself. "Nice going, genius. You're 100 years old and yet you can't tell when a girl is being affected by the death of one of her friends. Nice going."​

• Thank You
"I'm violent, and bitter, and ugly both inside and out."
- Juniper
*note: to close the entire accordion click on the top slide.
⌈GENERAL INFO⌋

Name
Juniper Moon Kempler

Nickname
Jun, Juni, Junun, Jun Jun, Moon

Specialty Names
Bench Bud (August)
Junebug (TBD)

Birthday
Friday, April 17, 2000 (17)

Biteday
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2014 (3)

Deathday
Friday, November 11, 2016 ( 2 months)

Sex
Female

Androgynous
Gender-Fluid

Orientation
Pansexual, but appears very disinterested in dating.

Species
Vampire

Grade
Third Year

Occupation
Professional Shit Starter. Just kidding. She volunteers at the school library, and works part time as a museum attendant.

⌈APPEARANCE⌋

Juniper is 5'11 and weighs 142 pounds. She's very masculine looking for a woman, and it has gotten her plenty of shit growing up. Despite all that she quite likes her appearance. She has fair skin that is blemish free, soft hazel eyes, plump lips, and angular nose. Her short blonde hair is soft, full, and stylized. Her taut body is covered in both scars and tattoos, giving her more of a tough look. The tattoo's on her knuckles are fake and drawn on every day to spell out her mom's name Circe. The hand tattoo is just an intricate detail work. She had a few others. Juniper tends to dress in sweaters with slacks, and oxford shoes. Her style tends to be described as "the casual gentleman". She accessorizes depending on the weather! Sometimes she wears nice leather gloves with scarves, other times its bangles and neck ware. Year round she is found wearing nail polish, typically black or a metallic color, and ear studs.
⌈PERSONALITY⌋

Juniper is a mixed bag due to being clinically diagnosed with depression. On a good day she is polite, sarcastic, and playful, but even on a good day her mood can shift to being indifferent and withdrawn. On a bad day she is very difficult to deal with. She is aggressive and self destructive. Despite her bad days, and her behavior during her bad days, Juniper is genuinely trying to get better and feels deeply ashamed for her actions. She hates herself, and it's part of the problem. She is still attending therapy sessions.

Positive Traits
- Humble
- Generous
- Perseverance
- Polite
- Playful

Negative Traits
- Aloof / Indifferent
- Self - destructive (goes about this in several different ways)
- Aggressive
- Miserable / Disconsolate
- Unpredictable

Quirks
- When in an uncomfortable situation she will intertwine her fingers and hold her hands behind her back.
- When excited, upset, angry, embarrassed, spooked, or aroused her fangs will pop out prematurely.
- When she gardens or harvests she talks to the plants and asks for permission before picking.
- Always carries a totebag of art stuff with them, mostly sketchbooks, pencils, laptop, and tablet.
- Mumbles things to themselves constantly (songs, poem, quote, thoughts, ect.)
- When bored or idle Juniper tend to rock on her heels to stay active and focused.
- Even though she can't taste them, she likes eating mints like they're going out of style.

- Gardening
- Smoking
- Stormy Weather
- Literature
- Cats
- Candles
- Walks
- Night
- Cheap thrills
- Naps

Dislikes
- She no longer enjoys food.
- Bullies attacking her friends.
- She hates painting with a passion.
- The strong attacking the weak.
- Hated coffee even before the turn.
- Mornings. She isn't a morning person.
- When strangers rag on her for smoking.
- Being disturbed when sleeping or reading.

⌈STRENGHTHS⌋

Arsenal

Physical

Mental

Skills
- Literacy. She likes to write short stories, and dabbles in poetry.

- Art. This includes traditional and digital. She's great at sketching, and knows how to use adobe photoshop and illustrator as well as other art programs. She doesn't like other art mediums.

- Languages. She knows a few languages such as Greek, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, and sign. She wants to expand her knowledge on languages. She's constantly practicing so she doesn't forget.

- Singing. She has a pleasant singing voice.

- Math. She is very good a number crunching and handling anything that has to do with numbers. She's very advanced at math, and is capable of solving complex equations in her own head. She's so talented with numbers that math class tends to be a bore for her. This includes money. She isn't a big spender.

Gift
Speed

Gift Description

- Strength: Her strength is above average, but it isn't anything to brag about when it comes to fellow vampires. She can lift a car with out breaking a sweat, but she's never really pushed her limits.

- Charm: Her charm is incredibly high, but not because of some super ability that was gifted to her upon turning. She just has amazing sex appeal with out even knowing it apparently. As a vampire it has increased only slightly.

- Aura: She totally sucks at hypnosis.

⌈WEAKNESSES⌋

Fears
None?

Physical
- Self Destructive: Physical neglect. Refusing to eat and taking care of oneself. Self Harm.
- Like most vampires Juniper looses much of her strength when met with sunlight.
- Has an extreme allergic reaction to garlic. It can kill her if she eats too much of it.
- Is allergic to werewolf bites, it will weaken her considerably. Might even kill.
- She for some reason or another, cannot cross running water.

Mental
- Clinical Depression
- Intrusive Thoughts
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Bouts of apathy and numbness
- Feelings of self-loathing, worthlessness, and helplessness
- Bouts of disconnect from self and the world around them
- Self Destructive: Social Suicide, Purposely sabotaging relationships, Self-Pity, Purposely trying to harm others in the hopes that it will be served right back to her.

⌈RELATIONSHIPS⌋

Circe kempler - (CEer-s) Juniper deceased mother. Greek. Died of cancer. Eventually lead to Juniper suicide.

Tanaka Ken - Juniper's biological father. Japanese. Juniper does not hold him in high regards.

Sarah Puller - Foster Mom.

Micheal Puller - Foster Dad.

Thomas Puller - Foster Brother.

Sehkmet - Her pet cat.

Cassius Grey Lysander - Originally her psychiatrist. The man secretly infected Juniper with his vampire blood because he knew she was suicidal, and for personal reasons. He feels like he can show her how to enjoy life and the world over time. He is now her sire and current legal guardian. Juniper feels conflicted about their relationship and the man in general.

Jade Ethan - Friend. A girl Juniper met while visiting her sire after they moved to Roseburn. Juniper noticed Jade was reading a book she had been interested in, and inquired about it. They discuss literature whenever they meet each other. Juniper hasn't told Jade that their shared psychiatrist is also her legal guardian.

Aurora La Belle - Friend? She met Aurora while visiting her bookshop to get books she needed for a few advanced placement classes she will be taking. Noticing the books, Aurora asked if she was a new student at Roseburn high where she also attended. Since then Juniper will stop by the bookshop every now and then to buy new books, or to chat with Aurora. Over time the two will grow closer.

August Fontaine - To Be Friend. Juniper was surprised when the boy wandered to her table to make awkward conversation. Apparently he has an eye for detail, and enjoys her art work. Juniper feels like they'll have a unique friendship, and wants to get to know him more. For now their conversations is all banter, sarcasm, and simply just messing around. May possibly develop into a physical relationship, but the reasons for that will most likely be due to some hidden agenda Juniper has.

Isaac Alfaire - Future Crush. Juniper has seen Isaac around school. Even with little to no interaction between the two Juniper has developed some sort of attraction to the man that she can only assume is the product of hormones. Though it could also to do with the fact that she's a baby bat, and out of everyone she's met so far he smells the most delectable. Perhaps she finds the young man mysterious and hard to read, which leaves her wanting to figure him out all the more. He casually stops by the Book Club at random whim, which is when the two socializes the most. As they grow closer Juniper will mask her attraction for him with the same sarcastic banter she gives August. The only difference is that when it's with Isaac it isn't empty flirting, but she's banking on no one figuring that out.

Attitude
Humans: Juniper likes them for the most part, but not enough to actively go out of her way to converse with anyone. It really just depends on the individual, as well as her mood.

Vampires: She's indifferent. Cassius, her sire, is the only vampire she's met so far and the way she feels about him is conflicted. She would have to meet more, and take the time to adjust to the change she is currently going through herself.

Werewolves: She's indifferent. She's yet to meet any.

Witches: She likes the IDEA of witches. She's eager to meet them and learn everything she can about them. However Juniper's conception of witches might be more fantasy than reality. She's yet to meet any witches yet in Roseburn.
⌈HISTORY⌋

The hardships of life started early for Juniper. For as long as she can remember it had always been just her and her mom. Her dad had left them when she was a baby, and the action caused a very bleak childhood in Juniper's opinion. Her mother had to work all the time to support them, and couldn't afford a day care center to look after Juniper. Instead Juniper was babysat by her mom's friends, who really wanted nothing to do with her. They took care of her, fed her when she needed feeding, provided her with things to play with, and things like that. Though they never wanted to invest too much of their own attention into her. Often Juniper was left in front of a T.V. with some coloring books. As she grew older Juniper grew accustomed to keeping to herself, but it did cause problems when it came to associating with others at school. Juniper had next to no people skills asides from the manners bestowed upon her by her mother. During recces most would find Juniper sitting on the swings and eerily watching the others play, or she would stay inside with a book or something else to pass the time. Despite not being very approachable, a few kids did try to talk to her. Despite making things mostly awkward, their conversations were typically pleasant. Eventually she and those few would spend their time together discussing cartoons or coloring together. Though kids are kids, and every now and then Juniper would find herself at odds with her supposed friends. At the time it was an ordeal, but presently Juniper finds those fights to be stupidly silly. She thinks on those memories fondly.

Due to making a few friends as a child, Juniper's social skills had developed. Talking to others was easier, but she was still learning and growing as a person just like everyone else. As she entered middle school Juniper felt out of place. None of her friends were going to the same school as her, and once again she became withdrawn and disinterested in others. The kids in middle school were vile in her opinion, and she remembers that this was when things went to the shitter for her. During her first year she had found a group of girls bullying a cornered student. Juniper being raised with certain morals felt inclined to step in, which she didn't regret to this day, but the action certainly painted a target on her back. At first Juniper was able to scare them all away. She was tall and intimidating after all, and the bullies were taken aback by the notion that anyone would so confidently oppose them. The student Juniper saved was unique, and eventually played an important role in her life. Juniper didn't know what non-binary was until she had met this person, in fact she didn't know a lot of things about what was out in the world. She had lived a fairly sheltered life. Still after learning more through her friend, Juniper realized that she too was possibly non-binary. Growing up she had worn hand me downs from both men and women. Baggy clothes, overalls, and beat up sneakers were normal for her, and even as a child she didn't bother to correct those that assumed she was of the opposite sex. In her mind it wasn't important to her. It wasn't necessarily a comfort thing. She just didn't care. Still Juniper grew tired of her frumpy clothes, and adopted her friends more fashionable appearances. The change gave other students material to bully her with, and the occurrence left Juniper blank. She had never truly been bullied before by another human being and wasn't really sure how to react to the situation. Though when it kept reoccurring Juniper started growing annoyed by it all. When they targeted her friend, she became aggressive, but normally they would back off before Juniper would do something she regretted.

In her eighth year Juniper was met with some unfortunate news. Her mother had been diagnosed with cancer. It wasn't the kind of cancer that could be treated, and her mother wasn't going to be around for much longer. The news hit hard. Loosing her mother was the hardest thing Juniper ever had to face. She didn't dare tell anyone though, but it was apparent by her change in character that something had happened. She started acting out in class, not in a bad way, but she just couldn't take anything seriously. She quickly became the class clown, and when confronted by teachers privately she was silent and withdrawn. She became more volatile with her bullies, and more physically aggressive. She would throw things at them, small things, trip them up in the hall way, purposely shove them out of her way. Nothing that would illicit the attention of teachers, but it was almost as if she was daring them to up the ante. As her mother's conditioned worsened, Juniper eventually became just miserable to be around. She was snappy with friends, defiant with teachers, and rude to strangers. Between all the commotion between school, being forced to work, and watching her mother rot away, Juniper eventually snapped at school. All it took was for a mean girl and her cliche to start talking shit about her mother. Juniper quickly put an end to that when her fist connected to the girl's mouth. The scene was animalisitc, and Juniper's friends had a hard time restraining her. By the time security arrived to put an end to her attack she had already beat the girl bloody. As the security cuffed Juniper and pulled her away she looked back to see a group of kids quickly running to the other girl's aid, and she knew in that moment that she had made a terrible mistake.

Juniper was expelled from her school, and the girl's family decided to press charges. Given Juniper's circumstances, and the fact that the girl she had attacked wasn't entirely squeaky clean, Juniper was given a fine to pay and community service time. Juniper managed to pay off the fine in a month or two, and community service wasn't bad either. It most certainly hadn't taught her a lesson, as Juniper enjoyed helping her community, but even before that she knew what she did wasn't right. She had never felt more ashamed of herself than she did those months. She felt ashamed for losing herself like that, for how she treated her friends, for a lot of things really. Her mother's conditioned had worsened and eventually Juniper was placed into foster care. Her new family were kind folks, but Juniper just couldn't keep her head above water. When the day her mother passed away, Juniper grew numb. She couldn't even bring herself to say good bye before she died, and Juniper hated herself for it. Her foster family was suspicious that Juniper suffered some kind of mental illness, but Juniper was very good at hiding how she truly felt. Still given the circumstances, Juniper was assigned a psychiatrist. She thought it was awkward at first, and she certainly wasn't planning on telling the guy anything. Their first several sessions she opted to simply take a nap on the man's couch. He didn't press anything though, and Juniper appreciated that and found it strange all at the same time. Soon enough Juniper was the first to break the ice, and she was the one that started asking questions. She wasn't going to open up to someone she didn't know after all. After a while her sessions became conversations, and after that her walls came down around him. Still she couldn't bring herself to open up about her intrusive thoughts, and how worthless she felt. Though for some reason she felt like he already knew that.

Welp I feel like wrapping this up so the next paragraph will be rushed and feel like a weird time skip.

One of her friends was having a birthday party. It wasn't Juniper's typical scene. It was too crowded. It was too noisy. It was simply too much. Juniper felt miserable and out of place as per usual. Still she tried taking her friends advice and had a few shots to ease her nerves. It helped a little, but she still felt indifferent about the people here. That's when she saw her, the mean girl she had beat up last year. Juniper's heart had began to race as the feeling of anxiety welled up inside her. Their eyes met, and before Juniper could see the other's reaction to her being there she quickly turned away and headed for the kitchen. It was quieter in the kitchen, but not by much. Needing to calm her nerves more, Juniper downed a few more shots to steady herself. Though the notion made her feel like a hot mess. She felt someone tug on her sleeve and Juniper nearly spit out her drink in surprise. The girl had followed her into the kitchen, and wanted to talk. Taking a raspy breath Juniper let her continue. She waited for it. For this girl to tear into her. Juniper felt like she deserved it. She was surprised by the apology, and the confession that followed with it. Though before Juniper could formulate a response a group of boys stepped in and shoved Juniper back. The aggressor was the girl's older brother. Juniper remembered him from her trial. Accusations were thrown, and vicious words. This is what Juniper wanted, but it hurt, and again Juniper felt ashamed. Muttering a quick apology Juniper quickly excused herself and fled the party. The rest of the night was a blur for her. Though most of that year had become a grey haze anyways, so why would the day she died be any different.

Apparently in her drunken stupor and heavy self loathing Juniper took her own life by leaping from a building down town. She was lifeless for quite sometime, before waking up in total darkness and six feet under. The first bouts of panic were quickly subsided by this voice speaking to her. She wasn't sure how it worked back then, but it sounded like her psychiatrist. She felt comfort in the voice as usual, and it calmed her nerves much like the whiskey she had only last week. Listening to his instruction she clawed her way out of her shallow grave and he helped her out of her bed. The world around her was different now. Everything was louder, brighter, and more intense. Yet despite this she new that nothing would change, and red tears stained her cheeks as she realized that the peacefulness of death had been stolen from her...forever. After her transformation Juniper and her sire moved back to his home town of Roseburn so she could properly grow accustomed to her new capabilities as a vampire.
⌈SAMPLE POST⌋

Heavy hands wipe away at blood stained lips, but the action only causes the liquid to smear across her cheek. There is a grunt of frustration before hazel eyes notice a wet wipe dangling in front of them. The man offering is handsome and smiling affectionately down.

"Ugh. Don't look at me that way." A soft voice says up at him, to which he just laughs.

"Why? Does it make you uncomfortable Juniper?" He says a teasing playfulness in his voice.

The woman sitting in front of him simply rolls her pretty eyes, and uses the wet wipe to clean herself up. Juniper could already feel the affect of the blood she just drank with in her. Her entire body felt refreshed as the tiredness that had been plaguing her began to recede away. The young blonde watches her sire move aside, and fall into the couch next to her. Things have been....nice the past couple of weeks. Maybe moving to a new town was just the change she needed in life, though she still wasn't sure if she enjoyed being a baby bat. The constant desire to feed was annoying, but with her sire's help she is slowly gaining control over her urges. Plus she had always liked the man's presence even before the change when he was just her psychiatrist. Although this new development made her feel awkward. What was she supposed to call him now? Dad? Her brow furrowed at the thought. The word felt so foreign to her
, but he is certainly doting like one.
Juniper instinctively looks to her shoulder feeling the subtle touch of her sire's hand. Her eyes shift up to look at the man's face, and his features are soft.

"Relax. One thing at a time." Is all he says to her, and he then motions to the T.V. in front of them. Juniper gingerly takes ahold of the remote and begins to flip through the channels until stopping on their local news station. The anchors on the telly are announcing the sudden find of a dead woman in the woods, and Juniper immediately frowns. She's about to change the channel when her sire's hand reaches out to stop her. The action confuses her for a moment, and she glances up at him questioningly. Juniper is taken aback at how intense his expression has suddenly become, and she quickly returns her attention back to the news. The female anchor finally drops the name of the deceased woman.

"If anyone has any information about the death of Hazel please call your local help line at...." but Juniper's attention quickly snaps away from the telly to her sire. She felt it through the connection that they have, his sudden deep sadness at this news. She has never seen the man cry before, so there is no doubt with in Juniper's mind that he knew the woman. He abruptly stands from the couch turning away from her.

"I need to make a few calls." Is all he says before he scurries off to his study and leaves her in the living room. Alone with her thoughts.

⌈MISC⌋

Theme Song

Extra

Last edited:
Reactions: Phi Chisym

20120505200646_MwtVz_large.jpg

Name:
Shea Rachel Hemme

Birthday:
January 21, 2001

Species:
Human

Height:
5'4

Weight:
125 lbs.

Grade:
12th

Journalist for the political column in the town's weekly newspaper.

Personality:
Though she takes her work seriously, she's a child at heart. She loves talking with people and joking around, but can get really argumentative at times. Having a low tolerance level, she doesn't mess around when people really mess around with her. Even though she has a notorious reputation back in her old town (she moved) for being extremely argumentative, she is also understanding of others.

Positive Traits:
feisty
argumentative
due to her understanding, she is intuitive at times

Negative Traits:
low tolerance level
she is very uncomfortable in emotional situations (has trouble figuring out how to comfort someone)
motor mouth
likes to get in other people's business out of curiosity
not a morning person

Strengths:
debate/speech
writing
when it comes to research or getting in people's business she is seemingly a genius

Weaknesses:
physically weak
becomes emotionally unstable at times of frustration
when made triggered, doesn't think before doing

Skills:
interview/research
digging in people's business

Attitude:
Humans - Loves, loves, and loves. Except for the ones who're rude.
Werewolves - Hasn't confronted any yet but from the stories she's read she admires their super abilities and wouldn't mind engaging in conversation with one some day.
Vampires - Having only read stories and never actually meeting one, doesn't quite have a clear opinion yet. But from reading stories, she doesn't approve of their blood-sucking hobbies. Therefore, she doesn't really like them.
Witches - Absolutely adores them. She's in awe with their different abilities and dreams of socially interacting with one. She used to play pretend when she was young, her being the witch and everyone else being no one. She played with herself.

Bio:
Finds Roseburn to be a decent place to live. Roseburn isn't her birth place though, she moved because she got a job in writing Roseburn's weekly newspaper. There wasn't a problem because her parents didn't care about her and she didn't care about them, plus, she had raised enough money somehow. She was notorious for being annoying in her birth town therefore she didn't really have any close friends to leave behind. After her move she's noticed strange happenings here and there but never bothered to really dig deep or question them. Until poor Hazel Pearson dies. Now she's digging her nose everywhere to find out who the murderer was.

Sample Post:
Shea rolled over in bed, refusing to open her eyes even with notice of the morning light coming from her window. Then she rolled over again, and again, and again, trying to get into another comfortable position. Sighing, she turned over her pillow and threw her head back down. The cool of the unused side of the pillow caused her to smile. Wrapped in her blanket, she rolled over again, enveloping herself even more. The sound of her clock tick and the busy town outside just lulled her to sleep, just like rain does. "I could stay like this forever" she mumbled.
Ring, ring, came a horrid noise from her right. Who would dare call her in the morning? Especially since she wasn't an early bird. Like, at all. She'd just ignore the call for now, she decided, and answer it later today. Or tomorrow. But right after it stopped, she was called again and the hideous ringtone returned. After about five minutes of annoying Shea was fed up. "UGH" she groaned as she reluctantly peeled herself from her covers. Snatching her phone from the nightstand, she glared at the caller ID. Well, she couldn't mess with her boss. So she answered with the steadiest voice she could manage. "HELLO....hello so please explain to me why it was A GOOD IDEA...well it was....KIND OF.....was....to wake me up IN THE MORNING?" Yeah, it was obvious she was pissed.
"Well..." her boss began. What her boss told her next was enough to make all her hairs stand up. A girl was murdered, Hazel Pearson, as she remembered. And worst, there wasn't a lead. This may be big news for the newspaper but not for the girl's relatives or the girl herself. And even worst, her boss just told her to skip her day off and report to the office immediately. Why did this have to happen on a morning she wasn't supposed to work?

Extra:
She's only read stories about vampires, werewolves, and witches from the public library. She believes all these stories because she believes what she knows, but if she came face to face with one and they don't fit the story descriptions, she'd start believing the truth.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray and envogue
@yourwarriorangel
if you go to the interest check there is a discord link if you'd like to join the server.

tumblr_ortfpk2MVw1w5xj1ao5_1280.png

Name

Winifred Marie Suri

Birthday
October 4th

Species
Witch

Height
5’6

Weight
136lbs

Grade
12th

Occupation
Waitress at Espresso Patronum cafè

Personality
Winifred was raised to be a respectable young lady by her family. She’s a polite girl who always uses her manners. She carries herself with dignity and grace, with her head held high and her posture straight. Winifred isn’t very talkative, as she prefers actions over words. She’s perfectly fine with listening to others, if she has something important to say she’ll say it. Underneath her ladylike personality is a fierce and passionate young woman. Winifred possesses a mouth equipped with biting words and thinly veiled insults. She’s passionate when it comes to learning new forms of magic. She’s definitely a curious and knowledge hungry individual.

Winfred has a way with words. In certain situations she can learn how and when to say the right thing. She’s a blunt witch but she knows when certain things are better left unsaid. While Winifred is polite and cool tempered, she is by no means a pushover. She can hold her own with the best of them and give as much as she gets. When she’s comfortable enough with someone Winifred seems like a different person. She’s surprisingly affectionate and compassionate.

Positive Traits
Polite || Regal || Intelligent

Negative Traits
Bull-headed || Intimadating || Frigid || Petty

Strength
Observant || Efficient || Ambitious

Weaknesses
Overachiever || A bit cold || Vengeful

Skills

Photographic Memory - For as long as she could remember her memory has been something extraordinary. Winifred can remember things from years ago perfectly. She can even recall every detail of her childhood

Emotional control - Winifred has excellent control over her emotions. She can make others see what she wants them to see. It’s hard for most to read her properly

Problem solving - When she’s faced with a problem Winifred is downright ravenous when it comes to fixing it. She has a sharp mind that allows her to piece things together and make connections

Attitude
Human
They’re amusing to say the least and impressive in their own right. Winifred knows that underestimating them would be foolish. She admires how they use inventions and such, it’s like they’re making up for their lack of magic or other supernatural skills

Werewolves
Winifred thought little of them before, she believed that they were beastly creatures ruled by instincts and emotions, something that she didn’t like. Now with the death of her own she’s more wary and suspicious. The victim’s wounds had been described as animalistic after all

Vampires
She would admit that they had a certain charm about them...well some of them at least. Winifred views them as living...er life like history books because of their long lives. The vampires that she’s met have had such great stories to tellz Though she is a bit wary around them because of their appetite.

Witches
Ah, her kin. Winifred believes that her kind are magnificent. They’re solidarity towards one another warms her. Winifred thinks that they’re truly blessed to have such wonderful powers and connections to earth. The death of Hazel shocked and sadden her as the woman was like a mentor and sister to her.

Gift
Air

Gift description
Winifred has the ability to manipulate air. Her element is both versatile and invisible, making it a powerful weapon. Winifred can use this ability in a number of ways, for example she can increase the air pressure around or in an object, which results in said abject exploding or being crushed. Her ability allows her to create things like small tornados and whirlwinds. Winifred can lift objects by manipulating the air around them. She has a limit on just how much she can do. Her power is weak against fire, as air only increases flames. Her magical reserve can only handle so much before it weakens and gives out.

Writing Sample
Winifred sat in her family’s library. She was seated in one of the soft couches in the middle of the large room. Around her were books scattered about. Some were on the table in front her and others on the couch. The book that she was currently reading happened to be about magical herbs and their uses. The girl was so engrossed in her book that she didn’t notice a maid slip into the room. Winifred was pulled from her reading when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She took a moment to mark her page and then proceeded to look up. “Yes?” She quirked an eyebrow.

The maid smiled at the girl before her and straightened. “Miss Winifred, you told me to come and get you when two hours have passed. Time is up.” She said softly.

Winifred looked at the clock, time had flew by once she became interested in her reading. The young girl stood up and stretched. With a wave of her hand her books were but back in their correct places. Winifred walked out of the library with her maid behind her. She headed to the kitchen where a snack had already been prepared for her. She hadn’t realized how hungry she had been before until she looked at the food.

Other
Is the proud owner of an adorable Desert Rain Frog named Lucius. Unlike a normal rain frog he’s about the size of a toad.​

Last edited:
  • Thank You
moeka_kiryuu_by_miura_n315-dbh1exz.png

Jade Ethan

Birthday: 14th July 1999.
Species: Witch.
Height: 5'6.
Weight: 140~ lbs
Grade: 12.

Personality: Jade has always preferred the quieter things in life. Streaming movies, playing video games, reading books. While she struggles to make friends, she does have a few from school and small group of online friends too. Her typical shyness vanishes when talking through the safety of the internet. For someone able to speak three different languages she does not speak much in person. While online, over a microphone, the only language she really speaks are the yells and screams at her team mates for not supporting the healer.

Jade can be very protective of her friends. Though, of course, she would never last long in a physical confrontation. But she's more than willing to put herself in between her friends and someone who wants to hurt them. This is due to Jade's loyalty which may, in turn, be due to her fear of being abandoned. She wants her friends to be able to trust her so she trusts them.

In her first year of high school, Jade's natural good looks saw her receiving a lot of attention but her popularity wilted away as she tried to avoid people. Thankfully she was never the subject of bullying. But from that point on, she remained on the outside of social circles with the exception of a handful of close friends. Similar, at school in Roseburn she has a few friends but does not fit in anywhere else in the school's hierarchy. Jade is an outsider. And that is the way she prefers it.

Yet to present itself in a serious or dangerous way, Jade does struggle with depression. She also suffers from occasional nightmares. In particular, since moving to Roseburn, those nightmares have been tormenting on an almost nightly basis. It's due to this that her aunt suggested she try therapy... The therapy has been helping some small amount, taking a particular liking to her therapist. And she met her new best friend in the waiting room! So, all-in-all, therapy proved to be a good decision. Right?

Positive Traits:
  • Focused.
  • Kind.
  • Sensible.
Negative Traits:
  • Anti-social.
  • Self depreciating.
  • Shy.
Strengths:
  • Studious.
  • Academically inclined.
  • Fast reactions.
Weaknesses:
  • Socially ignorant.
  • Lack of athletic ability.
  • Easily annoyed.
  • Book worm.
  • Smart mouth.
Skills:
  • Language - English.
  • Language- French.
  • Language- German.
  • Problem solving skills.
  • Adept at FPS games.

Gift:
Though she is yet to discover this, Jade has an affinity for water-based magic.

Gift Description:
She is yet to learn about her gift. But upon discovery and after experimentation, Jade (much like her birth mother) has the potential for clairvoyance. To turn pools of water into magic mirrors, allowing her to see what was once, what is, and what will come to be. She will be able to watch others from over great distances. Her ability to perceive the future only shows one possible outcome and is constantly subject to change. And she may just be able to look into her past and see how her parents really died...

Attitude:
  • Humans: "I like some people. Other people... Not so much."
  • Werewolves: "I guess... Sometimes... I still see that black dog in my dreams... In my nightmares..."
  • Vampires: "I adore Anne Rice's novels! Lestat is far better than Louis."
  • Witches: "I would do anything to have magic..."

Bio:
At a young age, just four years old, she and her cousin were in the backseat of a car. Both her parents were up front, her father driving. They had all gone to the cinema together. To watch a movie. And were turning, in the late hours of the note, to their country home.

Nathan played his gameboy, tapping at the screen with a stylus. While Jade sat in silence. Staring out the window. She watched the scenery pass by outside in the gloom and the dark. Or, at least, watched what little she could through the peerless shadows. They all sat in silence.

Until Jade broke that silence. "Look, a doggy," said the child. She had seen a dog, through the window, all alone in the woods. "Daddy there was a doggy."

For a moment Nathan looked at her. Then returned his attention back to the gameboy advance with a shake of his head.

"You saw a dog?" asked her father, clearly just humouring the little girl. "Maybe it wanted to get some of that fresh forest air-"

Her father slammed down on the breaks as hard as he could. At the same time yanking the steering wheel to one side. The car skidded sideways and then flipped.

And the rest of that night is history...

Her parents did not survive the crash. But, luckily, her cousin and herself did. Nathan was promptly returned to his parent's care after a night of checkups in the hospital. Jade, on the other hand, spent a while in a child's home. She feared that she would spend the rest of her life in that horrible place. Until they came for her. Her aunt and uncle. They had filed all of the paperwork and she would be moving in with them.

So, right before her fifth birthday, the young Jade went to live with her aunt and uncle and cousin. She lived a largely normal life. Her cousin became an annoying brother. Aunt and uncle, both, became overbearing parents. Sometimes she dreams that it never happened and that she was still living her life with her parents. Other times she dreams of the dog in the woods. Of a black dog, monstrous, taking her parents away from her.

Sample Post:
To say that she was bored was an understatement. To say that she was annoyed was a far greater understatement. Jade sat in the backseat of the car, by the window, on the opposite side of her brother. All the while Nathan shot her dirty looks whenever his blue eyes looked up from the phone he continually thumbed for the entirety of the car ride.

Jade was trying to keep to herself. To not blow a casket or start an argument in the car. But Nathan was not making that easy. His phone would ping, bleep, and buzz constantly. Some things never change. For the entire journey the phone had been going off. And she was reaching her limit.

Finally she spoke up. "Could you please put your phone on silent?" Jade asked. Nathan just shrugged. "Ugh. At least put some headphones in so the rest of us don't have to hear that crap."

"At least put some headphones in," Nathan said, mimicking her with an overly high pitched voice.

Jade looked at him, a single eyebrow raised on her face. "Is that what you think I sound like?"

"It's what you sound like," Nathan replied. "I know it's what you sound like. You sound like that. Put some headphones in." Again using the high pitched mocking tone. "That what you sound like."

"Ass," she said sharply before turning back to her book.

Her father had often commented that she would cause herself to get sick if she continued reading while in a moving vehicle. But, unlike her dearly adoptive father, she did not suffer from motion sickness of any kind. Thankfully. Things returned to silence as she delved back up into her book. Then the hone pinged again. Jade put the book down and shot a dangerous glare at her brother. He was looking right back at her. Had he done that on purpose.

"Alright, Nathan, mute your phone, or put in headphones, or something," said their mother from the front passenger seat. "Your father will turn this car around if he has too."

"He should do," muttered Nathan as he turned the volume down on his phone.

Nathan had made his opinions on the move very clear. But they had been struggling to pay the mortgage and their mother got the job offer... So their house was sold, their belongings packed, their old lives piled into the moving truck or left behind for good. At least there was something both Jade and Nathan could agree on: Moving to the little town was going to suck.

Jade was about to return to her book, again, when she noticed Nathan looked at her. What trick or prank was he planning now? "What are you looking at?" she asked bitterly.

Nathan just turned back to his muted phone and continued playing games. Jade took one final look out of the window. Just for a second she thought she saw a black dog, standing alone beside the road. But just as soon as it had passed by, it was gone when she looked through the back window. So Jade returned to her book.

Relationships:
  • Helena Ethan, nèe Marie, birth mother. Died in a car crash.
  • Jack Ethan, birth father. Died in a car crash.
  • Aunt - Adoptive Mother. Works as a nurse, just found a new job in a nursing home in Roseburn.
  • Uncle - Adoptive Father. Manual labourer, currently looking for work and hopes to find a job in Roseburn.
  • Nathan, cousin - Brother via adoption. Older than Jade, his constant annoyance at her seems to explain his hobby of always trying to get involved with her business. Was in the car, with Jade, when they crashed.
  • Juniper Moon Kepler, friend - Student volunteer and part time museum attendant. She started speaking to Jade one day while they were both in the waiting room to see their therapist. Juniper inquired about the book that Jade was reading on that day and ever since, whenever they see each other, the two discuss literature and poetry together.
  • Cassius Grey Lysander, therapist - Dr. Lysander was recommended to Jade's aunt by one of her work colleuges. For reasons unknown to Jade, her aunt was initially hesitant to trust Dr. Lysander. But Jade trusts him with her life. How could she not? He had this aura about him that seemed to pull Jade in...
  • Aurora Rhiannon la Belle, friend - Assistant Manaager at the Elde Bookshop. Jade frequents the Olde Bookshop after school, having met Aurora in there rather recently.
  • Augustus Fontaine, source of great angst - Cashier at a flower shop. Often around Juniper, much to Jade's dismay. And he also visits the same bookshop as her. Jade initially met him through Juni. He is kind of cute though.
  • Small circle of friends from her home town. Promised to stay in contact online after moving to Roseburn.

Extra Info:
  • Needs additional credits to attend the university in Roseburn, so is repeating her last year at the high school.
  • Considered to be rather pretty by most people but does very little to accentuate her looks.
  • Usually smells like her citrus body wash. When expected to be out in groups of large people, her aunt insists that she use an orange blossom scented body spray (though Jade has no idea that this is to cover her scent as a witch from other supernatural creatures).
[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

• Thank You
Augustus "August" Fontaine

NjCIZhE.jpg

5’9 | 165lbs

Birthday: April 1, 1999 (18)
Species: Werewolf
Grade: 12

Personality:

Flamboyant to a fault, August likes dramatic entrances and rousing speeches almost as much as the next theater kid - but he wouldn't be caught dead with those dorks because ew theater. He gestures expressively when he talks, laughs out loud whenever he damn well pleases, and unabashedly does whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's genuine like that, but it also means he has poor self-control and has a tendency to be pretty much an open book.

Alongside his love for bombastic gestures is a misplaced sense of confidence. August fancies himself to be Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome (the absolute complete package
) and can be arrogant and obnoxious even when he's trying to make a good impression. Coming from a family of substantial material wealth, has led to more than a few people pampering his ego and tolerating his rude behavior.

Positive Traits:

• Genuine
  • Determined
  • Hardworking
Negative Traits:
  • Harsh
  • Arrogant
  • Stubborn
  • Hot-headed

Strengths:
  • Physically fit
  • Surprisingly well read
  • Knowledgable on plants and their uses
  • When he commits to something, he will finish it

Weaknesses:

• His pride - When he feels his pride has been wounded, August will step up to the plate to defend it. He will fight tooth and nail for it, often allowing negative emotions to cloud his judgement
  • His inability to put on facades - August is easy to read.
  • His arrogance - August sometimes overestimates what he can do.

Skills:
  • Plant know-how: August is surprisingly well-versed when it comes to plants and their uses
  • Cooking: He likes to use fresh produce and can whip up a good meal
  • Hunting: He knows his way around forests and is good with a bow and rifle
  • Street smarts: He likes to fight dirty, and his gotten into enough brawls to have a few moves up his sleeves
  • Parkour: Immensely helpful when he's running away from the authorities

Gift:
  • Speed

Gift Description:

• Control: He can barely control his own temper, a hint at his utter lack of it. While August isn't exactly bad at shifting, he can lose himself to his more animalistic tendencies when he gets too upset.
  • Strength: Average werewolf strength, he's strong, but nothing special.
  • Intelligence: When it comes to street smarts, he's above average. However, in terms of assessing situations and making good decisions... to put it bluntly, August Sucks.
  • Stamina: Above average, he lives a very active life and is in good physical condition

Attitude:

Humans: Indifferent
Vampires: Dislikes
Witches: Likes
Werewolves: Likes

Bio:

August was born to a well-distinguished family of military status, and while it meant he would want for nothing, it also dropped a weighty load of expectations onto his unwilling shoulders. He grew up in a house where order and respect reigned supreme, and his parents (while okay in terms of parenting) were often away on duty. He and his older brother spent the majority of their childhood with the household staff, and while Demetri (older than him by seven odd years) didn't exactly mind, August did mind - he minded very much.

In the Fontaine family most children enlisted at the age of 18, and all made sure to keep their family secret hidden.

Werewolf.

It made them efficient and deadly fighters - a cut above others who didn't hide similar secrets. Sometimes, August wondered if a handful of the higher-ups knew, if for some reason they merely kept his family around for some sort of advantage. He didn't have the answers, but as far as he could tell, the Fontaines who enlisted were always cautious and vigilant. It was a double life filled with lies, a life August didn't exactly want. His brother eventually enlisted in the army while he stayed and grew both rebellious and resentful. August wants to pull away from his family traditions and forge his own path.

Sample Post:

I don't wanna make a block of text so have some links: Skeletons | Requiem

Relationships:

Juniper (Friend) - Despite Juniper's bloodsucker status, August finds himself drawn to her - she's mysterious, difficult to read, and everything he's not. Their friendship began when he noticed her drawings. Being an appreciator of pretty things, he started hanging around her and they became bench buddies - partly because she was a mysterious girl he wanted to impress. Awkward conversations and horrid flirting eventually turned into a friendship of sorts. Of course, August still enjoys messing around and flirting with her whenever he can.

Aurora (Friend) - The Keeper of the Books (and another cute girl). August is a constant visitor of Aurora's bookshop, and - thankfully - she hasn't kicked him out yet. He appreciates her tolerance and enjoys her wits and funny threats. August secretly looks up to her because she seems like she has all her shit together. He's ended up a regular attendee at her book clubs.

Jade (Juniper's Friend) -
Jade dislikes him, and because of that, he dislikes her back. August thinks of witches as cool gals with cool tricks and was genuinely shocked when he learned that "boring" Jade was one of them. He thinks that Jade is way too quiet to be interesting - the fact that she's constantly calling him out is no fun too, but she hangs around Juniper, so he makes due. That, and her reactions of annoyance and disgust are quite amusing.

Isaac (Acquaintance, Possible Rival) - August doesn't really
know Isaac. To him, the warlock is the quiet boy who occasionally joins their book club sessions. August isn't quite sure what to make of him - he has no reason to outright dislike Isaac, however, he does think the kid is a little wimpy and easy to pick on. August doesn't like how Isaac can read him like a book and masks his insecurity by being a bit more of an asshole than usual.

Sieg (Friend, Lil Sister Figure) - Somewhere between friend and little sister, August has known Sieg for quite some time now. The flower shop he works at is a short walk away from the butcher's shop, and he was quick to notice another werewolf working in the vicinity. They were acquaintances for quite awhile before August decided to become her self-proclaimed mentor and teach her the ways of the wolf. Sieg didn't need him - not one effing bit - but he constantly pestered her and insisted. He was more of a nuisance at first but they eventually ended up with a shared sense of camaraderie.

Extras:

Has several indoor plants. He also keeps a small garden at home, it helps him calm down and clear his head.

• Thank You
Reactions: envogue and Esmeray
9805d390362e707c6e478ff8cd9be90b.jpg

"Victory is in my veins."

Name: Kiril Zarovich

Birthday: February 2nd, 1999

Species: Human

Height: 1,80m

Weight: 90kg

Personality: Kiril always seemed to live on a different planet from his peers and not because of being aloof or artistic, but because his priorities were always quite different. Nevertheless, he had never been anything but pleasant and friendly whenever he was addressed or addressed someone else. He just never took the steps towards fitting in a certain group or making a lot of friends. Even though is somewhat detached, he had never been unsympathetic towards others and often times actually offered pertinent advice to people who would have never expected it.

Positive Traits:
Inquisitive "Would you care to elaborate on that last bit?"
Silver-tongued "Eloquence is to speech what spice is to a dish and I fancy myself a chef."
Sympathetic "I see... Well, if I were in your shoes I would...."

Negative Traits:
Lazy "I shouldn't push myself too hard, life is too short to spend most of it doing hard work."
Entitled "I'm the mayor's son, ordinary rules don't apply to me!"
Condescending (although he rarely makes a show of this quality) "I'm quite impressed, I've never thought you to be able to do something like this."

Strengths:
Knows people in high places "The town's chief prosecutor? You mean Nathaniel? Sure I can arrange a small meeting, he's a good friend of the family."

Knows many of the town's secrets "Yes, yes, calm down. A man turned to a wolf you say? Yes, it's called a werewolf, they've been around since the dawn of time and yes, we have some in town. Three packs to be precise. They're mostly harmless, though - no need to worry. Please don't disturb during their transformations, I'm given to understand it's considered rude."
Knows as much of the supernatural creatures as they do themselves "Of course vampires need human blood to survive. It's a great leverage, actually. They all pay top dollar to be able to access the hospital's blood bank, that's like 20% of the town's profits."

Weaknesses:
Will drop anything he considers not worth his time "Ah, f*ck it."

Tends to underestimate supernatural creatures and powers and overestimate himself in the same time
*standing in front of a house's door*
"Mr. Vivander, I fully understand that you are over a 1000 years old and the concept of technology is still somewhat unfamiliar to you, so I have provided some instructions.
*hands him a crude drawing of a phone*
This is called a cellular phone. When it starts blinking and emitting noise, you ought to marshal your powers of concentration, limited as those may be, and press the green button to answer. My father wishes to see you in his office on Friday, 11 o'clock sharp."

Tends to be rather arrogant towards other people his age "Hey, that's not a weakness! How could I not look down on them when they have no clue what responsibility or respect are?"

Skills:
  • Sneaking
  • Good at persuading people
  • Decent shot with a hunting rifle

Attitude:

Humans: "Some of them bore me, others I dislike and some of them I actually like. It varies from person to person, what kind of question is this?"

Werewolves: "They tend to be rather... ferocious. I believe they tend to act more in impulse than reason. I can't say I dislike them but I do find them harder to deal with."

Vampires: "A vampire is like a good wine - the elder, the better. Some of the younger ones can me too impulsive and thus cause problems, but the elder specimens are surprisingly easy to reason with, especially the ones who come from some sort of a noble background. As I said previously, there are some bad apples, of course, but so far I've never had to deal with those."

Witches: "I'd treat them just like any other human, actually. To be completely honest, I rather pity the lot - in a century or two their powers will be quite obsolete as science advances further and further on. Rather sad thing to build one's identity on."

Bio:
Kiril hasn't really been out of Roseburn, though he certainly hopes to travel around the country one day and visit distant relatives. Born in one of the founding families it's not a surprise that he ended up with more than his fair share of knowledge regarding the town's political landscape, including its supernatural elements. He participated in his father's election campaign last year and considers his efforts fundamental in getting his father the lion's share of the highschooler votes. Winning the election and attending all the parties, both public and private, that followed served as some sort of a semi-formal initiation
of Kiril into the small circle of people who ran the town. The head of the Zarovich family had always been among them, ever since the very founding of the town, often leading it. Even though neither his father nor his grandfather actually mentioned or explicitly urged him towards it, he could clearly comprehend he was being prepared for the moment he would become the head of the family and, hopefully, the town. A responsibility that he relished until recently. Until recently he had thought that running the town was all about negotiations, compromises, stern warnings and other political veerings. Then the murder happened, less than a year after his father took office. Now Kiril isn't quite sure about how he feels about becoming a mayor one day. What he is quite sure of, however, is that the culprit must be found and dealt with as as soon as possible, otherwise a lot more than his father's power was in jeopardy.

Sample post:
"Kiril, honey."
his mother's sweet voice failed to prepare him for the urgency that her call actually conveyed "Your father would like you to come home immediately."
That was bad. It could only be bad, for his father to actually reward his son's rule-breaking tendencies. He had three classes left for the day and going home would require him ditching them. His dad would then have to call the principle and request a favor so that those absences were excused, which would place Vladimir (father's name) in an unfavorable position.
"Being the mayor's son does not give you a free pass, understand?" Vladimir had said in a serious voice that had sent chills down Kiril's spine a few months ago, when the boy had decided to just ditch school for the day for the first and last time "In fact, it doesn't give you anything. The more you abuse power, the more people resent you having it. I cannot have that. Our family cannot afford having that. We do not show our hand unless we need to. Tomorrow you go to school and you and start behaving like a normal school senior. In fact, you start behaving better! Otherwise..." Vladimir had never specified what would happen otherwise and that ominous silence was more terrifying than any threat of punishment.
Today he explicitly breaking his order. Unless... "We do not show our hand unless we need to". Something must have happened that required his presence. Something that required them to show their hand. And such a thing could only be bad.
"I have three more classes, mom." he said softly, trying to see if his hunch was correct
"Your father had already talked with the principal, honey. Drive safe. I love you."
"Fuck." He didn't say it out loud. A Zarovich ought not swear like a common street thug. Without a word to anyone, Kiril began hurriedly packing his bag.

Had he known why he was called, Kiril would most likely have sworn back there at school in order to get it out of his system and save himself the embarrassment of swearing in front of his father and grandfather as the two briefed him on the situation. They only took a few moments to do that, before he was brought before three policemen and asked to identify a dead body. The girl was young so they needed a local student to identify her for certain. Kiril had never seen a dead person before. Well... a dead person who wasn't walking and talking just fine, that it. His first encounter with a corpse didn't go as smooth as he'd liked. If he'd known that he would see the ravaged body in his dreams for a week afterwards, he would never have stared at her for so long, trying to identify the corpse.

Relationships:
  • - Father: Vladimir Zarovich, architect and the current town mayor, rather cold but certainly not an evil man
  • - Mother: Lana Zarovich, a kindergarten teacher, an exceedingly kind woman
  • - Grandfather: Lav Zarovich, mayor of the town for fourteen years straight, before another founding family took over. A surprisingly well-read and agile man for his age of 86
  • - Grandmother: Irina Zarovich, dead
  • - Their only communication with his mother's side of the family consists of Christmas cards

Extra info:
- His mother is quite ignorant of the supernatural side of the town and his father is intent on keeping it so for her own sake. He is worried how such knowledge might impact her.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: envogue and Esmeray
Hibiscus Arora

20ginmc.png

Name:
Hibiscus

Birthday:
December 28th, 2002

Species:
Witch

Height:
5'0

Weight:
102 lbs

Grade:
Junior/Year 11

DJ/Disc Jockey

Personality: Hibiscus is not one to judge too harshly, but she finds herself disinterested in most people, whether they be human or not. Small talk often bores her, and arrogance and pride are major turn offs for Hibiscus. While most would describe her as 'nice enough', she doesn't go out of her way to be overly friendly or accommodating. Her gaze is cool, and her lips are usually kept shut, unless she feels it is worthwhile to speak, and/or acknowledge someone. She has a weak spot for small animals and children, or anyone perceived to be vulnerable, such as the elderly. Otherwise, she will usually turn a blind eye to any happenings in Roseburn.

Don't let her fool you though, she is definitely not blind. When Hibiscus wants to be she can be amicable, charming even, if the circumstances are right. However, the cause must be worth it, and in Hibiscus' mind it rarely is. She isn't all bad, though. A DJ has to have some people skills, especially when their end goal is to make a career out of it.

Positive Traits:
Honest | Conscientious | Confident

Negative Traits:
Indifferent | Unfriendly | Careless | Finicky | Sarcastic

Strengths:
~Resilient in the face of danger, and/or adversity.
~Hopeful, though it may not seem like it, Hibiscus remains optimistic even in the worst of situations. Of course, you'd never know what was really going through her mind.
~Reserved. Hibiscus uses her silence as strength, as it often causes people to overshare while trying to get to know her, allowing her to gain useful knowledge.
~Mature. Hibiscus is calm and composed, making her seem older than she is. Not much seems to bother her. She did seem uncharacteristically disturbed when Hazel's body was discovered.

Weaknesses:
~Anyone perceived to be weaker than herself being in danger.
~Hibiscus is physically weak, partly due to her small stature and lack of muscle.
~Stubborn. Hibiscus is pretty set in her ways and good luck getting that to change. If she really doesn't want to do something she won't. That means backing down, even when faced with death.

Skills:
~Hibiscus is a talented DJ. Mixing and matching beats, songs, and effects to create her signature sound.
~Not excellent at reading people, but very observant of her surroundings and situations.
~Holding her tongue. Hibiscus is good with secrets. If you tell her something, you can be sure she'll never repeat it.
~Dancing is her forte. She loves to dance, and when she isn't making people do the dancing, you'll find her at some over 18+ club enjoying the music herself. Her connections as a DJ have made it easier to get into certain establishments.

Gift:
Fire/Healing Flames

Gift Description:
Hibiscus has the gift of flame, but she has learned to harness her power in a way that causes healing effects to those touched by her fire, as opposed to instantly burning any who step near. This ability mostly comes natural to her, and she doesn't have a true explanation for why that it is. Her mother believes that Hibiscus' true gift is in restoration, and not fire itself. The fire only acts as a catalyst for her unconventional healing abilities.

The downside to this ability is that, if her flame somehow separates from the main flame then it will become a regular fire, burning anything it touches without any special properties. The same will happen if her concentration is lost, and she isn't 'actively' channeling her ability. Being healed by flame is a dangerous endeavor, one that Hibiscus doesn't take lightly. Normal fire can still cause her injury, but she has the ability to extinguish her own flames with relative ease. The heat is a pleasant warmth, though the longer she holds the fire the hotter it burns, and healing serious injuries can result in severe burns to the victim due to how much longer they need to be exposed to the fire.

Attitude:
Humans: "They're everywhere, sticking their nose in any and everything. They always show their true colors eventually, don't they? The small ones are amusing, and the really old ones aren't much different."

Werewolves: "Roseburn seems to have a lot of stray dogs these days."

Vampires: "There's nothing to like about mosquitoes, is there?"

Witches:"It's nice to have people around that are just like you, but then you find out you have nothing in common."

Bio:
Hibiscus was born in Roseburn to Shaiya and Bodhi when the pair was only just 15 and 17 years old. Despite their young age, the two spent as much time as they could raising her. They did so with love and care, but it wasn't long before her father had graduated and enrolled at Roseburn university immediately after, where he would go on to become one of the most sought after family physicians in present day Roseburn. This meant that he wasn't as active in his daughter's life as Hibiscus wished, but he always made sure his daughter and wife was provided for.

Her mother spent much of her time at home, right until around the age where Hibiscus could fend for herself. In that time, she taught Hibiscus about her magical lineage and about the other supernatural creatures that inhabited Roseburn, before going on to continue her education herself.

After that, Hibiscus gravitated towards her laptop and discovered a free music making software, where she began experimenting late into the night with music and sound. Her father happily provided any equipment she needed, but her mother was disappointed in the girl's development. As a compromise, Shaiya made Hibiscus dedicate at least an hour a day to practicing magic with her, helping to harness the girl's dangerous abilities into what they are capable of doing today.

Relationships:
N/A

Extra Info:
Owns a small fennec fox named Cha, who she affectionately calls Chacha.
Hibiscus' DJ career consists of playing at birthday parties and weddings, but she has played a night club several times behind her mother's back.

Last edited:
Claire Rose
latest

Birthday: October 26, 2000. (17)

Species: Werewolf

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 142 lbs

Grade: 11th/3

Personality: Claire can be seen as distant. She is quiet and reserved, only talks when spoken to. On the outside she is calm and collected. On the inside she tends to hide her emotions and battles with them internally. Losing her composure she is loud and gets aggressive, at times she can get physical. Once she loses control she will speak her mind and the truth. From time to time she can be overly dramatic when expressing her emotions when sad. Her trust in other's is lacking so she will never tell you how she truly feels, unless she is angry with you that is.

She hides away when upset, not wanting others to see her sad or crying, to be seen as weak. If she trusts you she will show everything to you. Some see her as brave, though deep down she struggles with fear and anxiousness when situations arise to that level. She chooses to push through, through all the fear. She wishes she could go with the flow but Claire struggles to not over think everything. Due to her emotions she is very compassionate and understands other's on a deeper level but not many get to see that.

Positive Traits:
Reserved, Compassionate, Brave

Negative Traits:
Aggressive, Anxious, Depressed, Distrustful

Strengths:
Emotionally Intuitive- Due to her emotional state she can sense other's emotions easily.
Reserved- At times due to her nature to sit and watch she can avoid problems or think of options to handle them. It helps her gather information as well.
Greater Physical Strength- Thanks to the wolf genes in her she is stronger than many other females her age.

Weaknesses:
Emotionally Unstable- If she loses her composure she can go from calm to either angry or sad. One being everything is against her and she has to beat it, the other being the opposite and she must run and hide.
Distrustful- Due to her lack of trust for people she can hide many things from them. The most obvious is to humans and her secret of being a werewolf. Other things can be her true feelings towards someone.
Weaker Compared to Supernatural- Although she is stronger than other girls, compared to other supernatural beings she is actually a bit weaker physically.
Fears- Her fears can actually cause Claire a lot of stress. Too much and she is stuck in place, unable to get herself to move. (Common ones being the dark, spiders and heights.)

Skills:
Claire can be creative and uses it as an outlet for her emotions. She draws, writes, paints, anything that can distract her or express her feelings.
Gardening is also a way for her to pass time and it gives Claire a break from everything else as she tends to her plants and unwinds.

Gift:
Intelligence

Gift Description:
Claire's intelligence is higher than most other wolves. Since her other traits are a bit lacking compared to others she's learned to think before acting and creating plans and solutions while in wolf form, able to fight off some instinct. Though she is stronger than humans, her strength can be less than other supernaturals. Her control is good but under stress it can falter and she can lose it easily. It takes a toll on her to not shift when under stress and when she is angry it is inevitable. Even though she is faster than humans, her speed compared to other supernaturals is far slower. Claire's stamina is better than humans but she can be left behind on runs with her family.

Attitude

Humans: She at times can envy them for being "normal" but overall she likes them.

Werewolves: Depending on the wolf she either likes them or dislikes them, it is more of a personal thing than an overall thing. Overall she is fine with her own kind.

Vampires: She doesn't necessarily like the blood suckers but she can tolerate them, most of the time.

Witches: Again it depends on the witch but for the most part Claire is fine with them.

Bio:
Claire is the youngest of seven children. Being born in Roseburn she knows the town well. Her parents moved here wanting a quiet life and to hide from large populations of humans for the sake of their children. Raised here she calls the place home and has gotten to know many of the residents. Though she dreams of leaving one day for now she lives her life here like any other normal teen, except for the fact of being a werewolf. Some of her older siblings have left, other's have stayed. She did not personally know Hazel Pearson but she knew of her and her life in the town. Her parent's knew of the woman though but do not share much with her.

Sample post:

Finding her pencil Claire opened her sketchbook. It was getting late in the evening but a long day meant she needed to get everything out. The lead ran across the paper as she began to draw. Her eye's glancing up as June stood in her doorway. "Did you take my shirt again?" The woman's voice held anger and Claire shook her head. "No, why do you think I always steal your thing's?" The blonde's tone annoyed as she went back to drawing. "I know it's in here!" The older sister walked in as she looked through the closet.

Frustrated Claire stood up, tossing her sketchbook and pencil on her bed. "Get out! I don't have your stupid shirt!" A low growl left her throat as she pushed June out and slammed the door. Sighing, her back slid down the door as she sat on the floor. Tears began to well in her eye's and Claire felt them fall. A rough day for her, the simplest of thing causing her to lose her composure. Knee's to her chest Claire crossed her arms on them and laid her head down. "Stupid sister.. stupid classmates.. stupid life." Her words soft as she groaned in a mixture of sadness and frustration. A bang on her door caused her to jump. Feeling the door nudge, Claire plopped over on the floor and looked up, June sticking her head in. "Is everything okay?"

Relationships:
Father: Celeste Rose, 47. Security guard at the local hospital.
Mother: Beatrix Rose, 44. Owner of her own shop of oddities.
Siblings: Ajax Rose, 26. Left after graduating high school.
Anthony, 24. Joined the military after school.
Silica, 23. Went off to college and stayed in the city.
June, 21. Stays to help with their mother's shop.
Derek, 20. Left for college.
Lily, 19. Stayed in town to live with her fiance.

Extra Info:
Claire is not open with her sexuality but she is demisexual.
She likes anything sweet and has a sweet tooth.​

Last edited:
Jack.jpg

Jack

Name: Jack Duston
Birthday: August 23rd 2000
Height: 5’6” (“I’m, uh, still growing…”)
Weight: 137lbs
Grade: 11
Occupation: Has a part-time job at a quaint café in the middle of town
Personality: In a word, ‘demure:’ Jack is gentle, almost fragile, and speaks in a soft tone because of it. To complete the image, Jack is also oddly quiet; he’s content with silence and stillness, and can be comfortably left without outside stimuli for long periods. Don’t mistake this for a lack of friendliness, since the guy truly believes that there isn’t a bad time to be cordial and polite to others, and takes a great deal of joy in making new friends. Likewise, Jack wants above all else to see the best in others, and hopes that everyone can get along well enough.
The recent passing of Hazel, his girlfriend and best friend for many years, has left Jack more than slightly withdrawn and melancholic, though he’s trying to not let the feeling halt him entirely. Underneath his soft exterior, there is a solid core of determination and drive, one that can push the boy onward. Unfortunately, said drive is also at the whims of Jack’s sometimes volatile emotions, even if the boy does his best to hide that fact.
Positive Traits: - Has a seemingly endless source of determination when he puts his mind on something.
- A complete sweetheart; polite and kind.
- Highly reliable and loyal
Negative Traits: - Lack of foresight/a poor planner
- Clingy, and often doesn’t realise when others want to be left alone
- Acts without thinking (+ speaks without thinking)
- Emotionally volatile (feels extremes of emotions)
Strengths: - Quick learner
- Attunes to new situations/problems quickly (as long as his fear doesn’t get the best of him)
- Practical
Weaknesses: - Is easily scared, and panics when things start falling apart
- Poor endurance/becomes fatigued easily
- Easily influenced by both his own emotions and outside sources
Skills: - Bounces back: Despite being fairly ‘soft,’ Jack has a pretty impressive record for recovering from, and tanking through, injuries. Attitudes it to the number of times he got himself hurt as a tyke.
- …like the back of my hand!: Jack’s come to learn quite a few shortcuts around town, and knows a few sneaky routes to get around.
- Sprinter: He’s pretty light on his feet, and can put on some bursts of speed; note that his poor endurance means that doing so will quickly exhaust him.
Gift: N/A. Has been told he’s a good kisser, something he’s a little happy about…
Gift Description: …Though that comment came from Hazel, so it’s a little bittersweet.
Attitude:
Humans: He’s extremely optimistic about people in a ‘glass half full’ kind of way. He believes that there has to be more good people than bad, and that even bad people must at least have a good reason for acting like they do. He tries to be friendly to whoever he comes across.
Werewolves: Completely unaware that werewolves are real. Does (perhaps not unreasonably) think the idea of a human sized wolf monster is pretty distressing.
Vampires: Completely unaware that vampires are real. Thinks that living a life without sunlight must be a pretty lonely way to live.
Witches: Completely unaware that witches are real. Due to all the media he’s absorbed through the years, incorrectly assumes witches are by default old crones, something that seemed to give Hazel a great deal of amusement, though he never figured out why.
Bio: Jack was born as the only son to the small Duston family, and as the only child to be born in Roseburn itself. While his family was official a young one compared to many of the other residents of the town, the small clan was welcomed with open arms, and as far as Jack was concerned Roseburn really was ‘home.’ The Dustons themselves revived a fracture while Jack himself was very young, resulting in his father splitting off from the family for reasons as of yet unknown, and he doesn’t dare poke the subject with his father. Despite that, he considers himself to be exceptionally lucky: his two older sisters doted on him frequently as a lad, and his mother provided both a home and a loving matriarch for the family. Jack kept his nose clean growing up, and enjoyed a fairly placid childhood, marked only by his unusual enthusiasm for making friends. Jack was quite content to with the quiet years as they passed, and probably wouldn’t have objected if the years that followed would be similarly calm.
There was one point in his life that stood out, however, or more accurately one person. Hazel was one of the first real friends Jack made in the town, both first meeting when their ages were still in the single digits. Hazel accepted her new friend into her life almost without missing a beat, and the young Jack soon found himself being dragged on all kinds of adventures throughout the town. The two quickly became inseparable, and the pair could be spied playing any number of games whenever they were together, including an odd game where Hazel insisted she was the daughter to a witch, and she was going to be one in the future. Jack never did understand that particular game. Regardless, the girl became an important person in Jack’s life.
More important than even he had realized, as it turned out. It was only when he was older did he realize the warmth that he felt whenever she was around, and the ache he felt when they had to part, had come from his feelings towards her becoming less platonic. He felt more than little bit out of his depth: this was the first time in his young life that he’d felt this way about anyone, and Hazel was such a bright star compared to him. She was joyful, enthusiastic, charismatic, confident, somewhere beyond beautiful…Jack felt like he lucky just to be her friend, let alone anything more than that.
Despite his fears (and after a lot of embarrassingly enthusiastic encouragement from his family), Jack confessed his feelings to Hazel, who seemed kind of taken aback at first. To his never-ending shock, Hazel actually accepted his confession, though both knew that it would take some time to truly get past the fact that they had grown up as just friends. While the relationship started off awkward as all belief (Jack had actually yelped in shock the first time she had held hands with him in public), the two did indeed grow closer, and it wasn’t too long before they settled into the role of a couple sweet enough to cause tooth-ache in passersby. If Jack had merely been content before, being in a relationship with Hazel had been one of the first times that he could say with complete confidence that he was truly and utterly happy. For the next two years of his life, everything around Jack seemed to glow, and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky that could dampen his mood.
Even as the freezing temperature of December, 2017, rolled in, Jack could say with certainty that life was good. Whatever the future held, he was sure that he could face it with Hazel by his side.
Snow fell gently, almost calmly, when the 29th of December rolled in…
Sample post:

Jack had once pressed his fingers against a rabbit’s chest, and felt how fast its heart had beat, even while the critter was calm. He had tried in vain to imagine how rapidly a rabbit’s heart must beat when it ran, when adrenaline was forcing its muscles to pump. He wondered how that would feel: to have such a vital organ beating so quickly.

Right now, as he dived between buildings, feet almost tripping from how quickly he was forcing them to move, Jack was starting to get a good idea.

His breaths were coming out in harsh pants. It felt like an icy claw was being dragged down his throat every time he forced down another mouthful of air. His legs were straining, begging for a reprieve. But he could still hear them: dog-like panting, and growls that stalked him from the shadows. He even occasionally saw them, large figures with claws and fangs dodging between streetlights, moving so quickly they could be confused with mere tricks of the light. Only these ‘tricks’ could tear out a man’s throat.

Jack forced himself to keep running, the fingers on his right hand tightening against his left arm. The limb hung limply, pain shooting through it with the jolt of every footfall. He could barely defend himself before: this broken arm all but guaranteed that being caught meant that he’d be little more than a stain on a werewolf’s coat.

Shifting rapidly, the boy turned to aim for a narrow alley. He felt more than saw the pack shift direction to follow behind, the panting growing louder even as Jack slid into the alleyway. The sudden oppressiveness darkness that hit Jack as soon as he was off the street nearly caused him to slow, but the sound of large paws behind him forced another burst of speed.

For what felt like hours, the chase continued, though it couldn’t have been longer than a handful of minutes. Twist after twist, under and over fences, until the sound of his pursuers began to dim. Only when he was sure there were none within sight, Jack finally dived behind a large trash bin, the burn in his legs affirming that, if nothing else, he was still alive.

Jack sat there, his heart hammering away in his chest as his breathed several haggard breathes. Only after he could feel his heart begin to still, and when each gulp of air stopped feeling like a knife sliding down his throat, did Jack finally let his head flop back against the brick wall behind.

His gaze briefly locked with the sky, the inky blackness of night being punctuated with dots of stars. He was slightly confused when the precious few dots of light became blurry and indistinct, at least until he blinked and felt several wet trails drift down his face. Shuddering, Jack drew his knees up and rested his head against them, choking back sobs for fear of being discovered.

How the hell had it come to this? Two weeks ago, Jack’s greatest ambition was passing finals and getting a dog. Now, sitting in some dingy alley, the smell of blood on the air, he’d be happy just to survive the night.

After what was probably too much time crying, Jack dragged himself to his feet.

The others.

They had to be around here somewhere, right? If he could just find them, he’d be safe.

…Safer, at least.

With timid steps, Jack staggered out of the alley, quickly losing himself in the endless twists and turns….
Relationships: - Is the younger brother to two older sister, both of which he looks up to. Samantha, the eldest sibling of the three has already left the town, however, and Charlotte is often busy.
- Is on good terms with his mother, though dishearteningly the two don’t have much in common.
- Was in a relationship with Hazel, aka the now dead witch that started this whole mess. Both grew up as childhood friends, though Jack finally screwed up his courage and admitted how much the girl meant to him. They used to be one of those sickeningly-sweet couples, the kind that seemed to have a medical need to cuddle each other and constantly flirted. He was almost completely enamoured by Hazel, and would have moved heaven and earth if it would have made her happy; her death naturally hit him extremely hard. He remained completely oblivious about her true nature, though he’s likely heading to a rude awakening…
Extra Info:- Something of animal person. Used to own a rabbit as a child, and was planning on getting a dog before all this mess broke out.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
ellia_natara_everleigh_by_xhelena_skyx-dc2468c.jpg

Ellia Natara Everleigh

Birthday: 06/23/1991
Species: Vampire
Height: 5’1’’
Weight: 92lbs.
Grade: 11
Occupation: Works as a transcriber at the library, translating books into braille.

Personality: The meek and timid Ellia was once frequently in the care of her older brother. But not since the attack… With him no longer around, Ellia has had to look after herself. Despite being blind she has learned to be more confident and learned to be independent.

There never goes a day when she doesn’t think about her family.

Positive Traits:
  • Realistic world views.
  • Self confident - since becoming a vampire.
  • Well mannered and polite.
  • Both intelligent and knowledgeable.

Negative Traits:
  • Self loathing.
  • Depressed.
  • Anti-social.
  • Emotional.
  • Oddly naive.

Strengths:
  • Good spatial awareness.
  • Very good hearing.
  • Pretty (easy to attract prey).

Weaknesses:
  • Pretty (easy to attract assholes).
  • Other than her time as a Vampire, Ellia knows little about the Supernatural.
  • Blind.

Skills:
  • Can read braille.
  • Very talented with her Charm gift.
  • Knows how to use her enhanced sense, very well.

Gift:
Charm

Gift Description:
While being quite talented with her aura, she is rather in speed and strength. Ellia typically hunts by luring prey to quiet and out of the way places. Then she entices them close, close enough to bite… Using mostly Charm, but a little hypnosis can go a long way. Typically her prey is left alive, believing they just made out with a pretty young woman and then were told to go away.

Attitude:
  • Humans: Cruel but the right ones can be tolerable. None will ever be able to replace those she lost.
  • Werewolves: Recently discovered that werewolves are real since moving to Roseburn. Has no real opinion on them.
  • Vampires: Despises other vampires. This applies to herself, feeling robbed of her family and her life.
  • Witches: Recently discovered that witches are real since moving to Roseburn. Has no real opinion on them.

Bio:
A small, frail girl who was born blind had no shortage of people trying to torment and bully her. But her older brother, Derek, made sure that never happened. He protected her. Kept her safe. Helped her in her studies and even learned to read braille so that he could help her. When she came up to high school he changed his electives that year and made sure that he was by her side for as many classes as possible.

But then everything went wrong. Her parents. Her brother. Herself. All dead, killed during a vampire attack. But Ellia is a different kind of dead to her family. She had been turned into a vampire.

After graduating high school she found out, from others, that she was remaining youthful. In fact she had not aged at all since seventeen, since being bitten. And it was gathering her a fair amount of suspicion. So Ellia decided that a move was in order. She would move to a new town and pretend to be a seventeen year old girl again.

Sample post:
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Dark Wood's Circus ~ IC

Relationships:
  • Adam, father. Dead. Killed during a vampire attack.
  • Cordelia, mother. Dead. Killed during a vampire attack.
  • Derek, brother. Dead. Killed during a vampire attack.

Extra Info:
  • Is blind as a bat…
  • Has found that alcohol makes her victim’s blood taste bitter.
  • Smells of chocolate and cinnamon.
  • Refuses to kill unless necessary.
[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lockheart
993968_www_wallpapersfan_com_by_xhelena_skyx-dc64mju.jpg

Krista Annmarie Cardin
Birthday: December 27th, 1999
Height: 5’5’’
Weight: 134lbs.

Personality: Krista can be pretty defensive and sarcastic. She’s extremely used to people finding her views weird and trying to push her around, but she’s not having any of it. If she could punch that boy in third grade in the face for calling her a freak, don’t think she won’t hesitate to sock you too. She prefers to spend most of her time with her nose buried in books. Fantasy, mythology, and books of old lore to be more precise.

Everyone always said she has her head in the clouds due to her fantasies, but she thinks they can shove it. Vampire and witches are real. There are such things as fae and nymphs. If people choose to laugh at her for her belief in the mythic and the occult than so be it.

Positive Traits:
  • Open-minded.
  • Curious.
  • Loyal.
  • Committed.
Negative Traits:
  • Defensive.
  • Sarcastic.
  • Confrontational.
  • Impulsive.
Strengths:
  • Intelligent.
  • Fast talker.
  • Confident.
  • Athletic.
Weaknesses:
  • Low Blood Pressure.
  • Impulsive.
  • Isolates herself.
  • Rash.
Skills:
  • Knows Martial Arts.
  • Quick Reader.
  • Good Problem Solving Skills.
  • Fast Comprehension.
  • Vast Knowledge on Supernatural Things and Mythology.

Attitude:
  • Humans: "Judgmental and over all pretty sucky. None of them understand. "
  • Werewolves: "Sound pretty cool. Being able to be a wolf for a night and roam the forest freely... It sounds amazing."
  • Vampires: "The books paint them as so alluring. I wonder what it's be like to actually meet one. Would they really drip sex appeal?"
  • Witches: "Magic is so amazing!! I mean, I've tried spells I've found in books, but none of them work. What would having magic at my finger tips really feel like? They're so lucky..."

Bio:

Krista grew up in the suburbs, always the outcast for her interest in fantasy and the occult. It didn't take long though for her to take her fate into her own hands and begin showing that she wasn't gong to put up with any of the crap her classmates threw at her. So, they ignored her and she dove deeper into her Wiccan books and her fantasy novels.

Her mother didn't much approve either, being a devout Christian. Not like Krista cared anyways. Her mother could suck an egg. They were always arguing. Which is why on her 18th birthday, Krista took all her money and moved out. She was quick to single out Roseburn and moved herself into a small apartment over Christmas break. Little did she know she'd be moving right into a murder mystery of the supernatural kind.[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Status
Not open for further replies.