Rosa Mystica Interest Check (Still Open!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted. It okay?

It's perfect. :D

First time I saw your banner. Loved it!

The "Love" rating I gave you just now is actually for the banner.

• Thank You
Reactions: firejay1
Gotta love dem Dragons.

Name (surname optional):
Samael the Fierce.

Type of Doll or Art:
Modern painting.

Color Rosa Mystica:
Quicksilver.

Why You Chose that Color:
Cold and deadly, quicksilver is a white metal color that represent more than just strength and purifying energy. Silver tongue and steel claws will lead to Samael's success in battle.

Tool:
Claws.

Power:
Capable of flying high up in the air, and maintain flight for a long period of time. Doing battle, powerful steel claws will appear on both hands. Resistant to heat. (Includes steam)

Appearance (remember, it's a doll, sculpture or painting):
dragon__s_child_by_sakimichan-d45fv3y.jpg

Brief Basic Personality & History:
Mixing up modern and mystical often lead to some interesting pieces of art. Like the painting you see to your right. The artist is unknown, but it was given the title, "Samael's Silver Portrait" after purchase and have been a part of our gallery collection for two months now. Expects have been arguing about whether or not it is half Demon or Dragon. They never reached agreement, but if you ask me do the wings look more Dragonic than Demonic. Any questions? No? Alright, let's move on.

Samael is obsessed with gold and power. Dominant by nature, he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Deadly like quicksilver, he move for quick attacks rather than long battles. He may appear lazy or bored but under the skin he is more than ready to defend himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FiliaFlammae
Pretty sure @firejay1 said you had to be humanoid.

Also, I'm not sure on this, but I think black was taken by one of the first people to join. (Not me; I have turquoise.)

Just checked. Yes, the very first person to post a character sheet has black.

Thanks.
Regarding paintings, its the person inside it that becomes able to step out of it right?

I...don't know. I don't think anyone's done a painting yet. I'd imagine so.

Yup. You're both right. Has to be humanoid, black is taken, and it's the person inside that steps out. Please don't use any wildly famous paintings like the Mona Lisa, though. :) welcome!

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Nemopedia
@Rion
Just found this, saw there were no paintings yet, and was thinking the same thing...

@firejay1
This looks super cool! I had lots of questions about the setting when I started reading this thread, and fortunately some have been answered, but I'd very much appreciate a little more information...
  1. As Rion mentioned, if a painting awakens, does the subject step out of it? Never mind, you answered this. XP
  2. Do the characters become human-sized when they awaken, or do they retain their original stature?
  3. If they do become human-sized, how well can they masquerade as human, if at all? For example, if a ball-joint doll woke up, would its joints smooth out to look like flesh or stay the way they are?
  4. Do our characters need food, water, and sleep?
  5. What's the setting? I take it the characters will have to find each other somehow because they're supposed to fight each other, but if they wake up in places all around the world, that might take a while.
I hope this isn't too much to ask! I'll start thinking about a character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about it. I love all these questions. :) Yes, paintings step out. No, they don't become human, they retain their original size and general appearance, exactly as they were, excepting the paintings, which become a little more 3D. Yes, they wake up in different places all around the globe, but they all have access to a shared space for combat called "the Cliff Without Rain" C-space for short. C-space looks different with every new match, so you have liberty to describe it however you like for each match as long as partners don't contradict each other. It is accessed through living plant matter, though it doesn't matter what kind or size. Your character cannot get disease or allergies. They do not need to eat or drink, though they can taste and may do so if they want, but they do need to return to their original place and sleep. There is no set curfew, they simply respond to lack of sleep the way humans do. They do not need to breathe. Any more?

• Ah Seen It
Oh! I forgot to mention, you may also use digital art, but no taken pictures. It doesn't have to be just paintings.

• Creepy
That should be all for the characters, but C-space intrigues me... Do our characters know of it when they awaken? Could they enter it by accident, i.e. they brush past a bush with their arm and end up teleported somewhere? Or will the need to touch a plant to access C-space become apparent to the character at some given time in the RP when a match is due to begin?

I'll go ahead and post a first draft of my CS. Let me know if I need to fix anything!

---

Name: Aemilia

Type of Doll or Art: Painting

Color Rosa Mystica: Gold

Why You Chose that Color: Gold signifies wealth and riches, not to mention a lazy summer sun.

Tool: An enchanted peacock feather as pictured below. It makes for a very poor weapon, but she uses it to direct her pet, Tigris. (It's his favorite toy.)

Power: Complete psychic command over Tigris, her companion. He normally masquerades as a cute tabby kitten, as pictured below, but upon command, he will transform into a deadly full-grown tiger, ready to maul any who threaten his mistress. While she holds the feather, his mind is hers, but if she were to lose hold of the feather, the bond would be broken, causing her to lose control of him and be pretty much defenseless.

Appearance: John William Godward. Idleness, 1900.
Art-Painting-Girl-with-cat-mustard-colored-dress.jpg

Brief Basic Personality: In a word, spoiled. In the world of her painting, she is the daughter of a highly successful textile merchant and hasn't worked a day in her life. While refined and nominally polite to others, her self-centeredness often peeks through in her words, and though she can be moved by sympathy, it will rarely be strongly enough to get her out of her seat doing anything about it. She gets huffy when things don't go her way.

The moment they awaken they know. They have to, because they need to consciously open it. They can choose when to battle, though. They don't have to right away. Someone will choose to enter, then must lay down a challenge. Everyone will instantly know that a challenge was sent. There are two types of challenges, general and specific. A specific is one with a particular person in mind, a general is inviting everybody. Either way, everyone is notified. Challenges are sent by using your power alone in the C-space. If an alliance is making a challenge, they must use their powers simultaneously, but not fight each other.

Filia, your CS is accepted. Rion, I know I probably should have made this clear, but tools should be separate from your body, and required in order to carry out your power. All contestants can fly, float, and hover. Think of your power like a magic you have control over, not a body transformation.

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
@FiliaFlammae: I liked your post. Now we're just waiting on...well, everyone else. Who do you think would win in a fight between our characters? I think I have the edge with a piece of wood that can generate hurricane force winds.

@Quiet One
Thank you! Coral's off to a really promising start too!
Hmm. Depends on whether I give Tigris a fire aura... I've been considering it. But if he doesn't get one, your character would win, I'm sure. :P

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Status
Not open for further replies.