Roleplaying Pet Peeves

Do you have a roleplaying pet peeve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: K3l
Characters that are in jobs that they really don't belong in. Angry and spiteful character who is a complete introvert and dislikes the world yet they're in a position that thrives with enthusiasm and socializing (teller, clerk, waitress, etc).

Everything @Dervish said.

Characters that are in jobs that they really don't belong in. Angry and spiteful character who is a complete introvert and dislikes the world yet they're in a position that thrives with enthusiasm and socializing (teller, clerk, waitress, etc).
How bout teachers? :D

People spending time and effort bitching about things they could have easily solved using said time and effort.

People making characters that claim to know mine without any consent or input from me. I happen to like the interactions of first time meetings and it also helps me settle into my newly made character.

More of a nip pick about myself, but worrying about what my threads look like and being very very impatient

People making characters that claim to know mine without any consent or input from me. I happen to like the interactions of first time meetings and it also helps me settle into my newly made character.

I'm a fan of establishing existing relationships before the game, but you're absolutely right; everyone has to agree on it.

Reactions: Shiri
Invincible OP Characters that has no weakness, physically and mentally. Their player will play them never taking a hit, never flinching, and never make wrong decisions.

More of a nip pick about myself, but worrying about what my threads look like and being very very impatient
Honesty about oneself is a good characteristic. You can't control or forcible improve others, only yourself. :ferret:

Speaking of... The frustrations of being hung out to dry by GM's. I need some indication of where to go and how to get there, what kind of obstacles might I hit? No? Not gonna tell me? "It's a sandbox" you say? Well, what's the goal inside this sandbox? "To exist." Well, I... Uh... Already do that. Now what? "Uhhh..." You didn't think this through, did you.

Getting multiple rp requests and then they go no where, it happens on every damn site I've been on and then I'm stuck waiting around, I go ask them about what had happened to our rp and they never respond to me or they're really rude to me and act like they don't know who I am.

Reactions: LunaValentine
People who have give new rpers to a certain site a chance to roleplay with me. especially if they have the same style of rp or the same pairing as them. or people who stick with one type of partner.

People saying they're going to join an RP and then never show up.

Me. I hate me, people.

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeCake
When you join a neat little group for RP, make a bunch of IC posts interacting with loads of people.

Then the group leader vanishes without a word and more people are joining asking questions about being accepted and whatnot.

Don't think I'm in the wrong for stepping up and doing the GMs work, am I?

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Fuck. I fucking hate people who fucking decide to quit one me. 1. before the rp gets started. 2. when we get a good plot going and they decide there two fucking busy and don't like the way the rp's going. 3. because they decided to change there mind. I don't quit on people, I never fucking do, if there is a problem I explain what's going on and ask if we can change something.

Characters with no mind-reading abilities or similar that know that the other person is thinking.

Stop.

Reactions: CoffeeCake
Status
Not open for further replies.