Roleplaying Pet Peeves

Do you have a roleplaying pet peeve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own personal pet peeve would probably be Japanese/Eastern name order in an RP that's written in English. I don't care about authenticity. I care about figuring out your character's name.

Also, overly sensitive players. Not every remark I make about them is an insult. In fact, odds are, none of the remarks I make about your character are meant as insults, just observations.

Reactions: LunaValentine
i dont rp no more...
but my pet peeve used to be when people say they would participate in the rp, but then you have to stalk they for 2 weeks cause they actually lost interest...

im so lame Q ~ Q

My biggest pet peeve has to be in romance roleplays where, yes I know the whole point of our story is to get these two characters together, but do they have to fall in love right away? I mean I created a fully thought out character with hopes and dreams and other character traits and they are not going to fall in love with yours because they're pretty. Sure if I made them shallow that is probably a reason why they talk to your character, but can we please have them get to know one another first?

On that note, if I am working towards a plot where they slowly realize they love one another I hate it when I am the only one bobbing the plot along. Please do more than respond to my action. No, crying and running away because my character does not love you instantly (they met three hours ago canonically I know we've been writing for a week, but really) is not action. Thinking depressive thoughts but not relaying those thoughts into any action whatsoever is not plot progression. Looking sad after my character talks to you every time is not enough, sorry.

I also cannot stand when I am writing with an amazing writer who for the love of god cannot roleplay. Oh my god my character expressed emotion, they did an action, and you are beautifully describing that lake, damn that is one beautiful lake I wish I could vacation there someday but, wow, your character is really just standing there doing nothing. I can, maybe, write two sentences as a reply to your seven paragraph post. Maybe you should take up poetry. But, because they are such beautiful writers you keep hoping that they will just get it one day. It never happens.

But mostly I peeve on apprehension. Don't be afraid to take the lead. Even passive characters do things that move the plot along.

And of course lots of things already mentioned in this thread, but yeah, there is always something, right?

When someone accuse you of doing something and when you ask them which part, they just ignore you and leave the roleplay without informing. It would be understandable if it was a twelve year old kid, but this person is twenty five years old. I guess age doesn't actually mature you.

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When someone accuse you of doing something and when you ask them which part, they just ignore you and leave the roleplay without informing. It would be understandable if it was a twelve year old kid, but this person is twenty five years old. I guess age doesn't actually mature you.
I do get alerts to these threads. No reason to be rude about it and try to anonymously call me out on everything in each thread you post in.

Last edited by a moderator:

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg
I do get alerts to these threads. No reason to be rude about it and try to anonymously call me out on everything in each thread you post in.
nothing_like_popcorn_with_a_movie-15084.gif

Could this post not mean about somebody else other than you? Who are you? The queen of the world? You are not that important, dude.

Could this post not mean about somebody else other than you? Who are you? The queen of the world? You are not that important, dude.
Easy there, killer.

Can only prove my point so quickly.
Alright that's enough you two. Drop it, or I'll be forced to call the (wo)men in blue, and their only solution tends to be this: :deadhorse: I happen to like this dead horse.

Be it the katana-wielding badass in the medieval RP
I've actually justified this in an RP before It was a Crusades RP, and we were fighting Mongols (Late Crusades), and a captain had a Katana he took from a Samurai during a raid in Japan.

I've actually justified this in an RP before It was a Crusades RP, and we were fighting Mongols (Late Crusades), and a captain had a Katana he took from a Samurai during a raid in Japan.
Not to burst your bubble, but Fernão Mendes Pinto was one of the first Europeans to ever reach Japan in 1542 AD. Whereas the period of the Crusades started in 1095 and ended sometime in the late 1200's to early 1300's. By the time Europeans truly began to interfere in Japanese politics in any measurable way, the time of the Crusades had come and gone and it the era of the Renaissance was right around the corner, most prominently and evidently during Sengoku Jidai. Look up the Nanban Trade for more details on European influence in Japan. :ferret: Still, I'm certain that the RP was quite fun, and the character was interesting, so, this isn't so much a "you're a bad writer grr" as it is some friendly information from a history nerd.

Reactions: dreamshell
Not to burst your bubble, but Fernão Mendes Pinto was one of the first Europeans to ever reach Japan in [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_European_exploration_of_Asia#Second_wave_of_exploration_.28by_sea.29=]1542 AD[/url]. Whereas the period of the Crusades started in 1095 and ended sometime in the late 1200's to early 1300's. By the time Europeans truly began to interfere in Japanese politics in any measurable way, the time of the Crusades had come and gone and it the era of the Renaissance was right around the corner, most prominently and evidently during Sengoku Jidai. Look up the Nanban Trade for more details on European influence in Japan. :ferret: Still, I'm certain that the RP was quite fun, and the character was interesting, so, this isn't so much a "you're a bad writer grr" as it is some friendly information from a history nerd.
It was a Mongol Raid. The Mongold actually went into Japan, and had war with the Muslims.

It was a Mongol Raid. The Mongold actually went into Japan, and had war with the Muslims.
True, but the Mongols had no use for the curved blades made of pig iron from the Japanese, nor were any of their invasions particularly successful due to a mixture of weather and the inability for the Mongolians to wield their greatest asset--cavalry, as they had to try and make landfall first... And it never ended well for them. :ferret:

True, but the Mongols had no use for the curved blades made of pig iron from the Japanese, nor were any of their invasions particularly successful due to a mixture of weather and the inability for the Mongolians to wield their greatest asset--cavalry, as they had to try and make landfall first... And it never ended well for them. :ferret:
I understand. He had taken it as a War Prize.

I won't argue with you anymore. i love history, but my expertise is in Ancient. not so much medieval.

Reactions: Brovo
I understand. He had taken it as a War Prize.

I won't argue with you anymore. i love history, but my expertise is in Ancient. not so much medieval.
It's fine. It's enough of a stretch to be ahistorical but it doesn't bother me too much. It's an RP, it's fun, and you tried. More importantly, I assume you had fun. That's what matters. :ferret:

Reactions: CoffeeCake
Alright that's enough you two. Drop it, or I'll be forced to call the (wo)men in blue, and their only solution tends to be this: :deadhorse: I happen to like this dead horse.
OMG S&M . Please do it to me! XD please, master. *rolls on floor.*

Mine:

Characters who won't die! Oh my God! A long time ago, on another website, I ran an RP where we were Spies and Supersoldiers. (Don't ask. I was like twelve.) There was a standoff on an Oil Rig, and It blew up. Most characters got to safety. (one even hiding in lockers on the opposite end of the rig. I let him live for Ingeniousness, even though he probably would have died.) One character, was right by the explosion's heart. I killed them off. They said that their character survived by some weird, Deus Ex Machina. Like, what BS is that? You just survived a Nuclear Explosion, plus the oil that was on that rig? Don't give me that crap! You're dead! Deal with it!

Also, Characters who take over the plot. On that same website, I joined a Zombie RP. It was later in the plot. There seemed to be three main characters: Atom, Adam, and Jane. They were holed up in this mansion, when Atom and Jane took over and went on this whole thing, even ignoring the GM, (who quit.) about how Atom was Jane's Father, and there was cloning, and nukes, and all sorts of other stuff, and it basically went from ZAHMBIEZ to SUPAH-SCIENCE SOAP OPERA!
I joined, met another character who wasn't involved, got ignored for a long time, then, we just dropped out. Our characters got eaten.

I never did use that Katana in that RP...

Status
Not open for further replies.