Roleplayer Guild - Homeless: Will Roleplay for Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to access RPG for a few days now. It just has to be bogged with holiday traffic -- that's the only thing I can think of that would make it so inaccessible right now. (I mean, it's obviously not Guildfall all over again.) Granted, I haven't been able to confer with fellow moderators to even see if they're having the same problems that I am logging in, but I assume that's the case since so many regular members are also having issues. Assistance and/or advice -- I can give none.

Day four. Still no contact. The natives are becoming restless...

I haven't been able to access RPG for a few days now. It just has to be bogged with holiday traffic -- that's the only thing I can think of that would make it so inaccessible right now. (I mean, it's obviously not Guildfall all over again.) Granted, I haven't been able to confer with fellow moderators to even see if they're having the same problems that I am logging in, but I assume that's the case since so many regular members are also having issues. Assistance and/or advice -- I can give none.

Day four. Still no contact. The natives are becoming restless...
Yeah, the past few days, I've only been able to get on for like five minutes per day, and that's generally fairly early in the morning, so probably when there are fewer people online.

For people who don't check as frequently, I can easily see them being locked out completely.

Psssh. Just stay here on Iwaku, then.

We're nicer!

=D

I have to admit I've been pretty impressed by the community here so far. I may continue to hang around even if the guild does eventually go back up.

Reactions: Tempusst
Yeah. My opinion of the site only grows more positive with each visit. I honestly thought I would never find a new place to roleplay with an active community.

Hey. I was on RPG until 2007. I'm confident enough in this place that I brought Legend of Renalta and the rest of my role playing activities here. Kadaeux came too, and Jorick.

If all of us have decided this place is a suitable place to colonize integrate, then it's probably a safe bet that it is. Is it the old RPG? No. Nothing will be, old RPG is dead. However, life is about changes, and Iwaku is a nice place to move to.

It's like if your house you grew up in burned down. Yeah, it's a damn shame, but if the rebuilt house is literally just a foundation with a shack on it, then maybe it's time to move into the nice apartment building a few streets away. Is it the same? No, but is it inferior? No. It's just different, and a pleasant kind of different.

• Such as custom tabs which were promised and never delivered on? They're here.
  • On Iwaku.

Mahz refusing to admit that he gives 0 fucks about the site is the primary cancer that is killing RPG. I literally have web designers and coders in my Skype contacts that are willing to invest a fraction of their free time in the development process of the site; others are willing to donate funds if need be.

Only problem I have with Iwaku is the distinct lack of Arena-based Rps.

Mahz refusing to admit that he gives 0 fucks about the site is the primary cancer that is killing RPG. I literally have web designers and coders in my Skype contacts that are willing to invest a fraction of their free time in the development process of the site; others are willing to donate funds if need be.

Only problem I have with Iwaku is the distinct lack of Arena-based Rps.
You could always ask them to implement it... I'm sure they'll be receptive to the idea, or at least consider it!

From RPGuild as well. Took multiple names; oZode, AlienBastard, zombieaccount and eDozo.

However due to site rules here it would seem my constant name changing shall end with Ixion.

Anyhow, I have a question. How often do nation roleplays appear on this site? I am aware kadaeux is hosting a sci-fi roleplay, but on the whole how common are nation roleplays?

There is a name change feature on the site! :D

@ASTA START ONE. O__O It's about time we got some new fresh ideas and things!

There is a name change feature on the site! :D

@ASTA START ONE. O__O It's about time we got some new fresh ideas and things!
She's right! I just changed my name today! (and in October!)

Also, seriously guys: stop name dropping folks when you're grumbling about them, even if they're not on this site, or I'll have to lock the thread.

It's Christmas. Keep it positive and shit.

Also, seriously guys: stop name dropping folks when you're grumbling about them, even if they're not on this site, or I'll have to lock the thread.

There's no point in changing saying Mahz.... he's the only admin, and the only one I think we've talked about. Saying "The Admin" or something similar would still dictate that it could only be Mahz. Saying anything else kind of dilutes the point of posts. However I agree on not saying the names of users of the site, or the names of mods seeing as how there are multiple! ^^ Say "a Mod" or whatever!

Anyway, I guess it would be fair to remember all the good things we once had too...

Remember when we all had our own custom user pages before guild-fall? That was pretty cool... (and sometimes annoying)

Hey now, it was new folks name dropping. They'll learn.

Eventually.

Just try soft taps with the hammer and not heavy swings is all I ask. These are all my cousins after all.

I was actually just able to get the site to load! It's a Christmas miracle!

I was actually just able to get the site to load! It's a Christmas miracle!
Yeah, it was up for a little while an hour or two ago, as well! o.o I was amazed at how long it stayed that way.

I miss the stalker wall. Seriously, I loved seeing who was checking my profile. I think that's about the only thing I miss from the old guild, other than my partners that disappeared. And the rp I had going on....man, I really miss that rp. @_@

I miss the stalker wall. Seriously, I loved seeing who was checking my profile. I think that's about the only thing I miss from the old guild, other than my partners that disappeared. And the rp I had going on....man, I really miss that rp. @_@
Ahhhhh the stalker wall. Memories. XD

And um... why can't you try to revive or migrate that RP? It should still be possible, I think. The Guild isn't permanently down 100%. You should be able to get online often enough to retrieve what you need and contact your players.

Status
Not open for further replies.