Roleplayer Guild - Homeless: Will Roleplay for Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guild is back up.

yes, but it is skechy, I think Iwaku is the best RP site now. You have to re-register on roleplayer guild, there are a lot of glitches, the only thing I see good about it is that its back.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
yes, but it is skechy, I think Iwaku is the best RP site now. You have to re-register on roleplayer guild, there are a lot of glitches, the only thing I see good about it is that its back.
Well, yeah, of course it's still scetchy and buggy. It's back up for all of three days or something so yeah. And since Mahz stated in advance that he was going to get the site up as soon as possible, then build on it from thereon, a buggy early build is to be expected, right?

All of our writing, lost...I know it's not like I was ever going to do anything with it, but it still breaks my heart :cry:

I actually did things with it! I was continually going back to old threads to remember players, re-read character sheets, look at maps, and such.

Oh,good point, I did have all my character sheets and stuff.

Plus I don't remember the user names of my newer roleplays. Like I started them a week before, and my short term memory can't remember lol

AND I had a roleplay in the "finished roleplays" section that I was quite proud of :(

You finished a roleplay?! I didn't even know that was possible.

Haha! It's usually not, but this guy had a battle planned out and all.

Plus people always tend to disappear...

I don't know if it works this way anymore but way back yonder I had sites have massive date lossage where I had beloved RPs. Sometimes the right keywords(like exotic character names plus RP titles) into Google you could find an old cache file still on there. Also does the Way Back Machine website still exist? There's nothing more heart breaking then losing RPs... Okay there are, but we won't discuss those. I hope my suggestions might help some of you recover parts of your RPs

There was a website about enneagram stackings that I liked, but the site vanished. Later someone linked a site that had the exact same thing; a sort of archive site. So I'm not sure about a wayback machine, but those sort of things exist.

There was a website about enneagram stackings that I liked, but the site vanished. Later someone linked a site that had the exact same thing; a sort of archive site. So I'm not sure about a wayback machine, but those sort of things exist.

The "wayback machine" is at http://archive.org/web/

I think it was mentioned by someone on the temporary forum that the site did not cache anything after the first page. I have no idea, though, as I didn't look.

I'm sorry you guys lost all your data, though. I hope you can find some of the stuff cached somewhere.

I was a little ahead of the bandwagon from RPG, since I've been on Iwaku since before RPG went down. I'm really glad I was here when it happened, since having to frantically scramble to find another active rp site would have sucked.

At least RPG is back up now, though it does hurt that all of the data was lost. I was in an awesome Zelda roleplay over there that had been going on for many months... *sigh* I shall miss it forever.

In case anyone knows me from over there, my RPG username is Bad Wolf. Hi.

Sorry for necroposting but its down again
Well yeah, but not for an extended period of time like the incident this thread was made for. It's been suffering periodic downtimes like this for a while now, probably just because of a server that's getting a little too much traffic to handle.

But yeah, it should be back online soon. I can't imagine we'll be waiting more than a couple hours max. Is this the first time you've gotten a "Guild is Down" screen?

Nope yesterday I checked and it said the same thing the site was down.

rw8o02.jpg

People are still on RPG? I couldn't get back into it after it went down the first time. I tried, but it just wasn't the same. I lost nearly all my decent partners, and none of them returned. ; ;

Status
Not open for further replies.