Roleplayer Guild - Homeless: Will Roleplay for Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno. I got this second hand, but I think just today or yesterday. But apparently the Guild has a facebook page, and it was posted there. I wanted to make sure that people heard about it.

Heyyyyy this site is admin-sanctioned and, looky looky, the news post from Contra Fates says that the site WILL be back up eventually! No date yet, but at least we have confirmation that efforts are being made to get it back online! LET IT BE KNOWN THAT RPG IS NOT DEAD. :D

I also feel kind of bad for shouting that on another RP forum. Sorry if that's bad.

I been on RPG for a very long time, so I hope that the RPG does come back up on January 8th in 2014. I'm getting very agitated and annoyed about the RPG being offline, but I will still wait anyways. I just found Iwaku randomly on the top ten RP website list so I clicked it and joined Iwaku. I might create some kind of rp on this site, but i don't quite know how the rp threads work since the RPG you had to do a ooc thread then a In character thread to start roleplaying on RPG. I won't quit the RPG because I had friends on there and on Iwaku you can only follow the members on this site and not add them as your friends on here.

"January 8th"? Where'd that date come from? Were there rumors that that's when it would come back? Or does something else happen then?

http://www.oldtower.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

this is what it said: " Update #1 [1/5/14]: Mahz has informed me that he is aiming at January 8th as an effective date for getting the Guild back on. Still no confirmation on ideas of crowd-funding, but progress is being made to bring the main forum back online. "

in this place it was updated today Kage-kun.

Feel free to let the admin know that I am offering webhosting to anyone who is interested ;)

Reactions: Atlas Child
*Finally pokes his head into the General Chatting forum and see this thread* Heh... So that's why I was suddenly trampled by a huge crowd of new members on my way to work the other day.

As a former RpG moderator this actually comes at little to no surprise to me. Mahz was always juggling personal life, college studies, and funding and maintaining the forum for a long time. Adding new admins helped, but I still figured it would all catch up to him eventually. If Blackfire and Hyz were still around the site would, I'm sure, would be functioning as smooth as butter (then you'd have the visionary, the iron fist, and the web guru as the perfect trifecta of awesomesauce).

Well, I wish good luck to all of the Guild members (and apparently refugees, I suppose) and hope that the site returns soon.

I tried logging into the temporary site, but no luck, it wont even recognise my email, so I may have been "deleted" or something. I'll try again on RPG when its back, see whats going on there, but as far as it goes, I like it here and plan to stay ^___^
So many of my old rp buddies were disappearing and there was lots of usernames on RPG that I never recognised and instead of having a small group of good partners, I floated from one stranger to the next and some were rather disappointing to rp with :( I like it here because its a totally fresh start, I hope to find lots of quality rp-ers here too, so far, I'm really impressed with the high standards of rp's Im in (both forum and pm etc) Its kinda like the spark in my RP-ing has come back.

That said, I will check back on RPG too, but as far as it goes, I'm enjoying the breath of fresh air Iwaku brings. I always thought I was perfectly content on RPG, but its kind of nice spreading my wings a bit and checking out new sites.

Reactions: 2 people
I tried logging into the temporary site, but no luck, it wont even recognise my email, so I may have been "deleted" or something.

The backup site does not contain any of RPG's forum posts, threads or even members. So you'll have to create a new account (though using the exact same login info as you do on RPG is fine I'm sure; it's what most people are doing). It's just designed to give RPG members someplace to go and keep in touch with fellow RPers as well as admins while all this is going on. It's just plain comforting to be able to see an admin and other familiar RPG faces with some confirmation that they're at least working to get things back on track.

Ohhhh I thought as much, it said something about a temporary database but I was too lazy to read what they actually had on the database (my own fault for being a lazy d!ck!!!)
Yeah, its a relief to have something resembling the site back up again, I hope the admins arent stressing themselves out too much over this, these things happen they shouldn't worry themselves into oblivion and push to get it up and runinng at the expense of their health!

Being a Former Webadmin of a Certain Fan based Site I could tell you he is probably freaking out!

Not going to lie a few weeks ago and I would of been jumping at logging into this backup; but since I have snooped around here for a bit I have come to truly enjoy Iwaku. Even if I haven't really found too much to play in yet. The set up of the site is fantastic and offers newcomers some simple guides. Everyone is also fairly sweet and since I just came back into rping after an off and on stretch over the past few years it seems like a good place to start fresh. Rebuild those roleplaying muscles and whatnot. :p

I cannot wait for the guild to get back in shape. At the same time, though, I might just make a permanent account here. Not this one though. This would be a trial, to see if I really wanna go this route. I'll likely keep up appearances in the Guild... not sure how I'll balance this with other things, but I don't forsee it being a problem. I'll play here when I hit lull in guild activities, and visa versa. But wether or not I become permanent here, I will resume my guild activities as soon as the guild gets back up on its feet. There would be just too much to leave behind.

I checked the site and it said coming soon so the Guild will be back up.

I checked the site and it said coming soon so the Guild will be back up.

Well yes, but, starting over from scratch - all the old posts and threads are still gone.

Are we for sure that is what is going to happen. I wasn't big into keeping a lot just PM and two threads. I guess it will stink for me but not by much.

Here is how I feel about this.
bxY9Ahz.gif

Besides the awesome people, layout, and nice little features, THERE IS FUCKING AUTOSAVE SWEET BABY JESUS!

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Status
Not open for further replies.