Roleplay with Tsimmu

Isabella took the information in and put two and two together very quickly. Her hesitance to speak made it clear that she was thinking about his words carefully, eyes shifting to the fire rather then his gaze while she thought. He was formal, strait forward as if reading from a book and she wondered how many times before the elder vampire had sat down with other newborns and had this conversation. So... whoever had done this to her made the choice before hand, singled her out and attacked her deliberately. It just didn't add up. "My maker... why would someone do that and then leave? If its deliberate does that mean they had a reason? I don't even understand why someone would want to... make more. Is the population very large in this city? You said usually deliberate, so does that mean I could have been a... mistake?"

As she spoke Isabella seemed unable to sit still, although she did not often leave his eyes her hands fidgeted around. She brushed a lock of hair over her shoulder and then pulled it back again, playing with it, skimming her fingers through it, all of this absent-mindedly. Her body language did not say nervous, but was still pointing towards rather uncomfortable because in all honesty they had been in the basement for a very long time -to her standards, any more then an hour was too long to be in one place- and despite the much needed answers to her questions Isabella was wondering in the back of her mind when she would be able to leave.

What ever his reply, half of it was lost as the question surfaced and caused her to lean forward slightly, scanning his eyes for a moment. Her mind always worked on a very fast pace, acting in the moment and speaking what ever came up. She wasn't sure if now was a good time to ask it as he was explaining all this information she needed to know. However it was bothering Isabella, distracting her from thinking about much more, even the questions she had asked a moment ago and demanded answers too. They seemed less important now. The room with although nice now seemed a bit tight for her tastes, she rubbed her arm thinking about what to say when he finished whatever reply given to her previous questions and ignoring any questions he had asked in return. Even though her posture was suggesting she was calm her tone was not. "When will I be able to leave here? I understand that before I didn't know the rules but I mean... I can behave myself now."

Isabella knew this wasn't necessarily true, as stated before -and slightly regretted it upon learning the man in front of her did not share the tendencies- she knew her control in situations with humans on the streets was limited. It wasn't necessarily the thirst or choice to do so, just natural instinct that had caused a bigger mess then originally thought. Still, the girls self pride and confidence had already convinced herself that she would be able to control it- when needed. Half of it was also not wanting to be kept here any longer then preferred.

Marcel was simply staring at the fire during most of their conversation, particularly when answering her questions. He would slip into that eery stillness when she would ask her questions, just listening to what she had to say. His eyes flicked to her when she had finished the next round of questions, and he sighed out a breath he had been holding in since he had last finished talking before he spoke again. Forgetting to breath was another problem of his. He only really needed to when speaking. "There is a fairly large population of vampires here, yes. But vampires are destroyed every day, and numbers of death are on the rise for us lately." He could hear when she fidgeted, he didn't need to see to know that she was getting restless. "It is possible that you were made accidentally, by a young vampire that knew no better. It is more likely that a young vampire who meant to only feed on you lost control and killed you by mistake. Panicked, they perhaps thought they could make it right by turning you, but did not know what to do beyond that." On the outside, he looked just as cool and calm as before. Internally he was dreading the question he suspected she was working on getting the nerve up to ask. She had asked him once before, and he had stoically ignored it.

He frowned slightly when he finally heard the dreaded question. "No." He looked at her fully, and there was no hint of humor in his eyes right now. "No, you will not be able to behave yourself. Either you are lying to me so as to leave, or you are lying to yourself if you truly believe you have a handle on your instincts. You are not even a single year into your new existence." He paused, but his stare was intense, and he quickly put up a hand to interrupt any of her possible rebuttals. His eyes held his authority, bright with it. "But, you are not a captive here." His voice calmed, and he tried to look more understanding. "I am giving you a choice. You can stay here, in one of these rooms, and be my shadow. I am giving you the opportunity to save yourself, to learn control. Because even if I were to take pity on you and simply cast you from my city, the next Master vampire you encounter might not be so forgiving. You are young, and there is still time to correct the mistake whatever putain put you into this situation." A hint of anger had crept into his voice, and power could be felt snaking around the room like a living thing, just briefly before it was extinguished, calmed just as quickly as he had become angry. But the anger was not directed at her. He genuinely despised vampires that could not be responsible for their actions. He had lived too long to tolerate such ignorance from his own race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabellas brows furrowed with the single word, her most hated word. "No." Immediately her whole aura and body language changed, she didn't leave his eyes but stared him down just as intensely, seeing it as almost a challenge. He didn't even need to say anything else for her to go from uncomfortable to threatened, for in her eyes that's just what he did. Threaten her freedom, although he had seen through her lie she did not intend to hold back protests. Did age really have much to do with it? It left her wondering how old the vampire in front of her was. "Well what-" The simple gesture to stop her from talking and brought up a growl, just a light one rumbled in her throat.

The understanding look was lost to her, he received a guarded and slightly angry one in return behind fiery brown conflicted eyes. A choice. She didn't want to know the other alternative, by the way his words were spoken Isabella had a feeling she already knew. She felt like a dog backed into a corner, the simple words leaving her paniced enough for it to show even though she tried for it not to. The thought of staying in one of these rooms after so many months of street sleep did not sound appealing, it was too cramped and closed off. Even in the lavish room heated by an electric fire, it felt cold on the inside and too quiet. All of this was happening to fast, one moment she was having her questions answered with the feeling of relief and the next she was being told the reality of the situation. At first, she didn't even listen to what he was saying. It ran through her head as she leaned back, but despite the fact that Marcels anger was not directed towards her it still had an effect- seemed to snap her out of it.

She leaned forward again resting her elbows on her knees and sighed, hung slightly. She ran what he had said through her head again and how he had said it, it was clear the master vampire was trying to help in the way he had to. Save herself? Learn self control? That was a bit harsh, but then again maybe it was the harsh truth. Hearing him call her a mistake hurt a bit, even if she already knew it. She scrunched her hand up in her hair looking more human in her posture and actions then she had in a long time. There was still something silent about her breaths, the way her shoulder were held back and lips slightly parted that would always suggest something more feral within her, but at the moment in a silent room with only one other vampire she was at her best. Finally she looked up, probably being quiet for the longest time since they had begun to speak. Her eyes didn't meet his this time, cast down slightly but her tone was soft. "What does that mean, be your shadow? How will I learn... self control?" She wanted to ask how long it would take too, but that could wait. "And don't you have other things to worry about, being the head of the city? I don't fancy..." Her brows furrowed slightly, hesitating because she was a bit nervous for his response, that it might set her off again. "How much time will I be spending down here?"

Marcel continued to stare at her until he felt certain she was calmed enough for him to speak to her reasonably. Then he leaned back into his arm chair with the barest of noise and folded his hands in his lap again, staring at the fire in thought. He had known she wouldn't take kindly to his answer, but the truth was often not something one wanted to hear. He took a moment before he would answer her questions this time, closing his eyes and steepling his hands beneath his chin. "It simply means you will stay by my side, or with another experienced vampire, at all times. You will watch the way we handle situations with humans. You will be exposed to humans in a setting that will require your utmost control.If you cannot control yourself, someone will be there to stop you. It is just an assurance that you do not continue killing." He glanced at her, the seriousness not having left him yet. "We will teach you how to feed without losing control."

By her other questions, Marcel realized he had not explained why this was such an important situation after all. And she clearly did not yet know. "Vampire kind is at a very critical point in its... transition. We have decided it is in our best interest to allow ourselves to be known to human kind, after centuries of hiding. Therefore, it is very important that we do not allow the humans to know how volatile we can be. Especially in these large, highly populated cities. If vampires are running around killing people on the street each night, we have little hope of convincing the masses that they are perfectly safe living along side us." His eyes traveled back to the fire, lids half closing in thought. "It is of the utmost importance that I keep that particular situation under control in my own city." He was not entirely sure why she was very insistent on the timeline of being in this basement specifically, but he could feel her emotions heavy in the room, much of it anxiety and insecurity. He spoke slowly. "You will sleep down here as I do, in your own room. Most of these rooms are currently empty, and you may choose whichever you prefer." He waved a hand in the direction of the door absentmindedly. "Otherwise, you always be with me or some kind of supervisor." Honestly, taking her on as a pupil of sorts would not be that much of a burden, and the result would be keeping a potentially deadly vampire off the streets to rehabilitate, so it was time well spent. Marcel would spend most of his time doing his job normally, just with her there as well.

"We will teach you how to feed without losing control." Isabella bit her lip, dropping his gaze again. Although the thought that she would be getting help rather then being... removed from the situation should have been comforting it was not for some reason. Perhaps it was the fact that someone would be there when she was in that state, it was an extremely uncomfortable thought even with the encounter last night. The more humane half of her was encouraging Marcels words, reminding her of all the times she had regretted her actions shortly after within the last few months. Still, the notion that she would have to stick with someone at all times almost like a babysitter was threatening to her temper and almost nerve wrecking- in the same thought she couldn't help but wonder how many times a more experienced vampire would have to step in and stop her if she got out of hand. Or how much of an actual handful she would be. How humiliating.

She took a deep breath for no particular reason as he talked, no reason other then to keep herself calm. She was prone to those sudden panic attacks, it was not a natural thing but something that had been introduced upon her death date. She knew it very well too, much like each time she would snap into a feral mode, after it was over she would recall and often regret her behaviour. This calm state was hard to maintain, alone it was no problem when the elements and environment around her was stable as well. With even one person it was difficult, on a crowded street it became near impossible. She wondered if this was also something new vampires were prone to, upon learning her feeding and attacking habits weren't normal for an elder more experienced vampire she had begun to wonder what other of these unpredictable instincts would fade with time and experience.

"...perfectly safe living along side us." Isabellas brows furrowed in confusion at the words, along with his others. "Why would we want to come out to the public?" She asked sounding baffled. It took her a moment to remember that he probably knew a great deal more and her tone had suggested the mear idea was completely preposterous, so she covered up quickly. "I mean, I don't know much about the relationship we have with humans already... is it bad?" She was slightly oblivious to just how bad her actions of the last few months had been, or how large of a scale damage they had done. But her mind was away from that, back on track asking questions to her many curiosities. It took a great amount of effort to push the nervousness of staying down in what was almost a cage to her but Isabella managed, for now anyway.​

Marcel wasn't going to tell her that the human police were on the verge of bringing in an FBI special unit on serial killers to try to hunt her down should the murdering spree continue. It was almost to the point where Marcel was unable to keep the problem under control. Vampires were suspected due to the nature of the killing, but there had been so many in such a short period of time and small area that it was suspected to be a single killer. They would be right, but Marcel had to hope that they would not delve too deeply into vampire investigations. For a while they should be kept at bay out of fear, fear for the unknown.

Her question of the vampire community's choice of actions towards humans was not surprising. "Humans are coming a very long way in their advancement. The increase in knowledge and technology has been exponential since my human life. Sooner or later they were bound to discover us. Therefore, it was decided that it was best to come out to them as a non-threat before they could discover us in the shadows and make their own judgements. It is likely they suspected us before we did, based on their popular culture items." He paused in his explanation, taking note of her fidgeting and discomfort, but refraining from commenting on it. "We rely on humans, but they outnumber us significantly. The fewer truths they discover about us, the better. This way we control how much they know, and give them a false sense of power over us." The old vampire shrugged, appearing nonchalant about the whole matter. In reality his position required it to be a matter of great importance.

Shifting in his seat for the first time in a while, Marcel turned to look at her fully, away from the flames of the false fire. "You are uncomfortable." He stated, not as a question. "Why don't you choose a room, and we will begin your first lesson tonight if you think you are ready." That wasn't much of a question either, but he wouldn't force her too harshly this first night. The last thing he wanted was an uncontrolled young vampire in his bar at the peak of business.

Since his human life? Isabella wondered again how old this vampire in front of her was, there was no way of telling really and it didn't seem like an important question to ask at the time. It made sense after he explained it why now was a good time to come out, however she couldn't help but dully think of why any human in there right mind would accept Vampires as a part of life- with there feeding habits and what not. Granted, Marcel had informed her there were ways to 'feed without loosing control' but she wasn't sure quite what that meant yet. Did it mean not killing the human? Or maybe just making quick work of it.

When he fully turned to look at her Isabella was instantly alert to Marcels actions and met his gaze full on. She hadn't realised she had been fidgeting until he bluntly pointed it out, her discomfort that was. "I just don't like staying still." She covered quickly and honestly, it was best he knew that now anyway rather then expect her to do it often. "Alright." She replied instantly, curious and nervous for this lesson planned but there was no point in waiting around. This place was giving her anxiety. Hopping up without another word Isabella walked for the door on quick steps and paused for a moment to glance over her shoulder at Marcel before opening it. When she found herself back in the center of the main room, she couldn't help but glance at the large steel door- or more like give it a death glare. He had mentioned most of the rooms were unoccupied, so she simply opened one to the left and found it free of personal belongings. It was simple unlike Marcels room, painted to match the rest of the basement with bland coloured accessories and bed. She liked it, perhapse the lack of a window because they were in a basement was a bit unnerving but other then that it was perfect for her tastes. It probably would have been proper to pull off her jacket as they were in doors, but the fabric around her waist was comforting. "What type of lesson will we be doing?" She questioned turning back to look for him.

Marcel had stood when she did, folding his hand behind his back, and followed her into the room of her choice. He stood in the doorway, and gave her one of his smiles from before their conversation. Though it may have seemed long ago since they had begun their session of question and answer, it had not been so long ago, and his regular personality was returning. His eyes glinted with a hint of mischief and his half smile seemed mildly amused. "The kind that involves human interaction." He said simply, putting an arm around her shoulders to guide her out of the room, then closed the door behind her.

He then turned towards the metal door at the top of the staircase that she had been glaring at, putting his back to her. He went to the base of the staircase before he turned and silently motioned for her to follow him. The staircase was a long one, and not very well lit. The lights in the basement were shut off when he opened the large metal door, and the noise of the upstairs club flooded into the hallway where they stood.

Marcel guided his charge out into a darkened room that looked like a somewhat comfortable office space, the entrance covered by a black curtain instead of a door. Once she had stepped out into his office, he closed the door behind her, which simply looked like another part of the wall once it was closed, the handle folding back into the wooden panel as though it had never even been there. This secrecy added yet another level of security to the basement for those living in it. As soon as Marcel had entered, a younger looking man entered the room. He had dark brown hair and soft features, looking to be about 18 in age. He certainly didn't look like he was supposed to be working in a risque club with a fully stocked bar. He looked at Marcel, then to the girl, then back to Marcel, a little confused. He shook it off and spoke hesitantly. "Sir, the new dancers are about to begin." Marcel nodded at the boy. "Thank you. I will be there shortly." The young man took the hint and started to leave, but at a gesture of Marcel he paused. "Please bring a donor, would you?" The boy bowed his head slightly and left quickly.

Right now Marcel knew that she would probably begin to feel the pressure of the situation already as the music, conversation, and background sounds of the club were filtering freely now into the small room. He stood close to her, keeping an eye on her reactions. The young man that had come in shouldn't have triggered anything, though - he was a vampire, one of the servers here. "We will take this slowly." He said quietly. "This bar serves a number of patrons, which include vampires, werewolves, humans, and many other species of creature. This is my establishment, and it is of the utmost importance that we do not scare the customers... too badly." Marcel smirked. He knew a little bit of terror was part of the draw of this place, particularly for the humans that came, and kept coming back. "But first, you must feed. Being sated should help you keep control." Just then the young vampire came back, with a nervous looking human girl, but she smiled at the waiting Marcel. The vampire boy left again, and Marcel motioned her to come over to them, then brushed her long blonde hair away from her neck to expose it to Isabella. His gaze on her was telling her to hold onto her control for as long as possible and listen to his words first. "You will drink, but you must do it slowly. Take a little less than you feel like you need. If her heart wavers even slightly, you will stop. If need be, I will stop you."

Isabella followed quietly, but tensed and paused as the music came through and her brows scrunched up in obvious confusion. It sounded like club music, which made no sense at first until she realised that may just be what they were underneath. After all such a beat would have no reason to play elsewhere, she didn't know why but it made her senses sharpen slightly triggered in something of a feral way so she could sharply hear each step the elder vampire took, notice each movement and his body language. He seemed somewhat relaxed, which did a number to keep her calm until they entered the dark room. Her eyes adjusted rather quickly to the dim light so she could make out the young man that stepped in. Marcel was right, he did not appeal to her instincts being a vampire but this didn't mean she kept a calm posture. Anything but, actually. Isabella took a step back glancing from the boy to Marcel as he did with them, wide eyes until the boys set on hers and she drew her lip back slightly as a subtle warning. Hmm, dancers. That near confirmed her suspicions on the activities above, some sort of a club. Large loud crowds, music, odd sorts, the thought oddly enough didn't make her anywhere near as nervous as being locked in a room alone or with one other person. Large crowds were easy to disappear into, easy to blend in. She wasn't focused and didn't catch Marcels last words to the man before he left.

It was curious to hear of the variety of customers the bar served, Isabella gave him a surprised look. To badly. She couldn't help but return his smirk with a small smile of her own, entertained at the thought of a vampire owning a night club. However when feeding came up, all signs of amusement left her face and the clear concern was back in her eyes. Of course, she had known this is what he most likely meant with the fraise "Human interaction" but the thought of feeding in front of him now that she knew her actions were clearly wrong was highly embarrassing and just plain nerve wrecking. She wasn't even thirsty, would it even help? Doubtful in her mind. She was doubting his better judgement, despite his clear knowledge. As the girl entered her head snapped to the side, it was clear to see that she was nervous but seemingly willing and in a more mindful time Isabella would be wondering why anyone would be willing to get there neck bitten into and drained. Hmm. She looked back to Marcel, fully alert now although it was a bit different from the previous night. It was clear the effect a controlled environment such as this room had as opposed to open in the streets were her target was running. That is, if this girl was running despite the controlled environment there would be no hesitation to go after her.

She listened to his instructions, taking them in although it was hard to stay focused. The room already carried a tense aura reflecting off of her and the volunteer that he could probably sense. She had never once 'taken it slow' so decided that's what she would be focused on, as Marcel brushed the hair back Isabella glanced at him seeing if it was an invitation. It seemed so, so almost sharply like a strike Isabella stepped forward and sunk her teeth in. She ignored any sounds the girl would have made, one hand behind her head to keep it in place. She did good at first, not as messy as usual -but perhaps that's because her target was staying still- and definitely slower, but after a few moments Isabella forgot about Marcel and it became clear that she wasn't going to stop.

When she bit down, the girl had gasped, but otherwise managed to stay fairly quiet. Marcel watched Isabella very closely from the beginning, noting how her entire demeanor changed when the human had simply come into the room. He also took careful notice of how fervently she attacked the girl's neck. At first, she appeared to be doing well, but he soon realized that she had lost herself in the feeding. Though this was certainly a problem, it accomplished two things in her favor - it showed irrefutably that she was not ready to leave his watchful eye, but it also showed that she was capable of control, even if she had lost it after a time. Not particularly worried, he grabbed the back of her neck in a firm grip, continuing to steadily add pressure and refusing to let go of her until she either let go of the girl's neck or something snapped. Not that snapping her neck would kill her, being a vampire. And that was, of course, the point. He was simply there to teach her lessons, no matter how much pain he had to put her through to get to that point.He couldn't just rip her off of the girl's neck and vaguely regretting not choosing to let her drink from the wrist instead. It would have been a little less risky, but he had needed to see just how far she could get before she lost control of herself. Letting power slip into his voice, Marcel spoke to her. "Isabella. It is time to stop this. Now." As soon as she let go, he would pull her head back away from the girl, for safe measure. Feeling the power in the room, the young looking vampire from before stuck his head through the curtain, wondering if he was needed, but Marcel simply shook his head.

Isabella was so unto the feeding she didn't even notice Marcel placing a hand on the back of her neck at first, although her absent mind responded with a low growl as she continued. She didn't care for the drop in the girls temperature as he had mentioned, or the fact that he was standing there any more. However as the pressure increased his grip became painful, then extremely painful and still going. After only a moment she growled again, this time much more threatening but the powerful vampires speaking, or rather more specifically the use of her name, snapped her out of it and the sound from her throat cut off as Isabella let go and was pulled back.

She had known this was going to happen, although there was a thought that maybe she would have been able to maintain self control this time in such a situation. Maybe this was the cause for the incredible embarrassment and sense of failure that set in as Isabella glanced to Marcels eyes for only a moment before looking down unable to hold them. If he were to let go of her she would step back, her outer emotional walls already raised in defence and her senses as alert as ever. Her eyes flickered back to the human for a moment, part of her was still edging her on but it definitely wasn't as strong. Especially with the powerful aura Marcel was giving off, now that she was aware of him again.

She wanted to recoil and apologise for her actions, slipping out of control and even growling at him now that she knew it was inappropriate and after all he had been so patient with her. Then again, another part of her wanted to attack him for forcing her away from the human girl. She did her best to ignore this part, this aggressive feral part and push it aside because the shame and guilt was still eating her up. It had severely damaged her confidence, the fact that she had to be stopped forcefully and even though she did not meet his eyes to tell Isabella was sure he was disappointed or even angry- at least that's what her conflicted mind was telling her. "I'm sorry." She said rather quietly keeping her tone guarded without looking up.

Marcel glanced at the human girl only briefly. Isabella had taken a lot, but she would still be fine. Human's had this immeasurable talent for being able to function with low blood levels, and only the healthiest humans were brought in to be fed upon. Once he had pulled her back, he released her neck quickly. There was no more reason to hold on, and he motioned for the human girl to go. She nodded and disappeared through the black curtain, holding her bleeding neck tightly so as not to make a mess on her way out. She seemed a little woozy as she walked, but otherwise not in terrible shape.

Once the human had left, Marcel placed a hand on Isabella's shoulder in some semblance of comfort. He could feel her shame, and the energy he had been producing to give power to his words dissipated from the air. He was significantly less angry or disappointed than she was probably assuming he was, and his relaxed expression tried to convey that to her. "Your first lesson, and you have gained some important knowledge, non?" His demeanor had shifted dramatically as soon as she had let go, and he was back to his usual laid back calm once more. "You do not need to be sorry. You just illustrated that you are an inexperienced vampire with a strong blood lust. But you are capable of control, and did well up to a point. Our next goal shall be to find that point of no return, acknowledge it, and know when to stop." A look crossed his face, and his eyebrows raised. "Ah, but first, the dance. I nearly forgot. Come. It is time for your second lesson, or perhaps it is more of a test." He started for the black curtain, waiting for her to join him before he stepped through.

There was no sign of the human girl from before, but the club was dense with people of all kinds, men and women, vampires, werewolves, sorcerers, and numerous others that were all chatting and dancing and drinking. The club and bar itself were darkly lit, though the scenery was actually on par in luxury to Marcel's private bedroom in the basement. It held a sort of old Renaissance charm, with plush upholstery and a very similar color theme of black, red, and cream. Servers could be seen wearing collars, some of them plain and others with silver studs. Marcel glanced around briefly, taking note of who was present and who was absent, then stepped out into the busy room. He brought her to a stage, onto which he climbed and disappeared behind the golden curtain with her in tow. Here there waited four dancers, two women and two men. Each of them also wore collars, all of them studded except for one, who had spikes on hers. They were all well-built and far from modestly dressed. One of the men looked very nervous, fidgety in fact, while the others looked eager and impatient. He had black hair with a shock of green in the middle and a glove on his right arm that went all the way up to his shoulder. Marcel gave the nervous one a slight grin before he turned to Isabella once more. "All of these dancers are new additions, and I will be announcing them tonight. I would like you to stay with Christopher until I am finished." As though he had been there the whole time - which perhaps he had - the young looking vampire from before stepped forward and gave her a slight bow. "Please, come this way. Let's take a seat." He led her off of the stage once more, taking her to a table near the front. The area was quickly fillinf up with patrons who knew that the show was just about ready to start.

Isabella looked up as he begun to talk, she was obviously surprised at the tranquil his tone was- in fact his whole demeanour. More then surprised she was confused, at how he could be so patient. Seriously. She nodded at his first question rather then speak again, but in all honesty at first her shame was still slightly there so she didn't see what had been learned at first. She had lost control, again as apparently was to be expected... certainly with how calm the elder vampires composure was he had expected as such. She wasn't sure if this should offend her, it didn't although maybe it was another prick to the self confidence. The hand on her shoulder offered little comfort, despite its perpous. She let out something of a soft sigh, calming down again slowly mimicking his own emotions that calmed the room like a mirror. At least he wasn't upset, for now that was. In his tone, it was easy to listen now with sharp ears despite the music, picking apart every word. Second lesson? Test? "Dance?" Only the last question was stated but still in a rather low tone with hidden confusion. She followed Marcel regardless, although once more the questions were burning along with others that had been pushed down until now.

Being a young adult, she had been to clubs and bars alike before her turn. Hell... she had been to a few more then would like to admit, with her sister that was as her sister had been a dancer- a good one much to Isabellas amusement and there parents distaste. Still, even with the panic attack this morning and the drama last night Isabella could easily say nothing had given her quite a shock as much as what laid behind the black curtain Marcel had pushed aside. Humans, sure there were humans and a fair amount of them too. There were vampires, she could easily pick them out now although many of them carried the calm composure she seemed to lack. But aside from that, she saw so many curiosities it was hard not to stare. Werewolves, she was certain there was one sitting at the bar chatting with the tender. Others she didn't have names for, but they were clearly not human carrying an aura about them that set her off. She took it all in with bright eyes and a confident tall posture, but clung noticeably close to Marcel as not to loose him in the crowd. Odd as it may have been, it was so much easier for her to breathe with so many people in the place. Eyes didn't linger on her for more then a moment in the lovely room, well most of them that was. She lightly growled as a mutt turned his head to meet her eyes for a second longer then preferred, but was satisfied when he looked away and she continued to follow Marcel until the stage was reached.

Isabella eyed up the dancers for a moment and noted the nervous composure of the one. She was rather calm now, her own nerves settled in the noise and presence of more then one person but could easily imagine why he would be in such a state. It made her smirk a bit. New additions, that wasn't surprising. But what sort of test was this, to see how she would do in crowds? She wasn't even drawn in by the scents of excited or anxious humans in the room, there were so many of them it wasn't triggering at all. She wasn't really listening to Marcel so the sudden acknowledgement of Christopher startled her a bit. She glanced back to Marcel once before following, taking a seat and leaning forward on the table to address the young vampire in a hushed tone. "What type of show is this?" Were they strippers? Nothing else came to mind, although if they were the show itself was going to bring a blush vibrant as her hair brushed over her shoulder and curling on the left side of her chest.

Marcel was pleased to see that she was able to settle into the crowd without too much difficulty. He hadn't been sure how she would react to a crowd, especially one that was a thoroughly mixed as this one was. He was fairly certain she had never been around so many vampires at one time, and he was curious to see how she was going to interact with and react to being under the care of Christopher. He was young in terms of a vampire, but not nearly as young as she was. He was still in the range of a normal human lifespan, and had not witnessed several lifetimes worth of information as Marcel had. For now, Marcel needed to take care of his newest dancers, and would leave her in his care.

Chris turned to look at Isabella when she asked her question, when before he had been watching the stage in anticipation of the show. "Oh. Not exactly. They don't really strip down anymore than they already are, but they are pole dancers." He smiled at her, trying to be friendly. "Marcel tries to keep this place a little more upscale." Right about then the lights around the stage dimmed to set the mood, and Marcel's voice, sounding particularly sultry, could be heard over a microphone. "Mesdames et Messieurs, welcome. I offer you tonight a show of senses, a special treat from your friends of the night.." Spotlights turned on, illuminating the two poles towards the front of the stage, one near each front corner. The seats had filled up considerably since he'd started speaking. The show was usually popular, but tonight it was absolutely packed. "Tonight I present four new dancers for your viewing pleasure, starting with the lovely vampire mistresses Annabelle and Katrina." As he spoke their names, each of the female vampires slid from between the golden curtains with slow, liquid movements. The crowd cheered as they took their places on the poles. They were both very good, obviously well-practiced professionals in what they did. The one with the spiked collar was a bit more interactive with the crowd up front, leaning down occasionally to touch and coerce them into giving her tips. The other was significantly more coy, teasing the crowd relentlessly. It was the humans, however, who were the most active participants. They were fascinated by the vampire women, whether it was by their bodies or by their natures was unclear. Chris looked amused but a little bored, not particularly invested in the show. Instead he looked like he was waiting for the show to get on with it. He leaned over towards Isabella and whispered close to her ear to be able to speak over the excited, shouting crowd. "I promise, it will get more interesting. Tonight is a special show."

Marcel's voice came back over the microphone, a bit louder this time to compensate for the noise of the crowd. The two girls were perched at the top of their respective poles, using their legs to hang upside down with ease. "And now I further present our special guests of the night. Please welcome our mysterious men, Erin and Neon." Two more poles closer to the center front of the stage were illuminated then, as the two men stepped forward. Both had an air of confidence, though the nervous one from earlier looked significantly more brooding than the other. Both men took their places at their poles, and joined the women in dancing as they resumed from before. The nervous man from before, Neon, was very cat-like in his motions, but he took to the pole well. The other man Erin was much larger, but he knew how to move gracefully. Suddenly, a machine produced fog began to appear on the stage, rolling off the edge of it into the audience. Neon held onto his pole and leaned away from Erin, who had stepped forward towards the audience. The crowd' cheer paused, some in confusion, others in anticipation. Even Chris finally looked interested. Suddenly the muscles beneath Erin's skin began to ripple strangely, and he leaned forward in a convulsion. Grey, white and black fur sprouted along his mostly exposed body, as what he was wearing stretched to accommodate a much larger form. His nails grew out into long claws, a tail appeared between his legs, and finally his face erupted into a long muzzle. As he finished his transformation, the large newly transformed werewolf howled into the room. Several wolves throughout the club joined him in a chorus briefly, and then the crowd exploded into applause. It was the first time one of Marcel's shows had featured a transformation, and it was apparently a success.

Isabella didn't return Christophers smile, but mainly because she was fascinated by the show- much more then he seemed to be with her eyes trailed to the stage. It wasn't exactly the dancers she was intrigued by, it was the humans interacting with said lovely vampiresses- some even lingering so close they just might touch. A few of them carried looks of thrill, while others seemed to be caught between nervous and excited to be in the moment. She would say the latter were more sensible, given the power a single vampire had it didn't feel natural for the two species to be interacting in such a way. And that's what interested her, the fact that the humans were thrilled and curious rather then fearful as she would have expected any to be caught in such a room packed with supernatural beings of all sorts. Isabella paid little mind to Christopher, it was easy to forget he was there in such a packed room and that's what kept her nerves down.

As the men joined the stage Isabella immediately liked the nervous one from before more, his movements more feline and sharp but her attention was quickly drawn away by the second. There was something clearly off about him. On the stage next to the three vampires in comparison she could already tell he wasn't one -or a human either, at that-, but what he was she couldn't quite pinpoint. It made her uncomfortable, not knowing and with Christophers attention finally to the stage he probably didn't notice her lean back and sit up strait in her seat. As he stepped to the edge of the stage Isabella tensed but was intrigued like most of the crowd to see what was going to happen. Almost immediately she knew, as his muscles quivered and rippled, it became obviously clear. The humans were ecstatic, cheering like they had just witnessed the most amazing thing in the world because of course the majority of them had indeed just seen something that in regular circumstances, would have probably ended up with them being ripped apart. Isabella herself was a little tipped over with uncomfortable anxiety over witnessing the situation, but as soon as the werewolves howls echoed loudly in the room like a pack her nails dug into the table and most color drained from her face. The sound itself was horrifying, although most others seemed amused with it to Isabella it was just too much. In fact, it almost seemed horrifyingly fermilar and she couldn't understand how Christopher was sitting on the other side of the table looking so dimmly interested and composed.

Without a thought of how he would react, and despite Marcels order to stick with the young vampire, Isabella pushed her chair back from the table and stood up quickly. She didn't cause a scene, far from it as people were standing and sitting all around them ecstatic with the transformation they seemed to want to get a better look. She blended in perfectly well just as she liked and without a glance back at her young vampire caretaker she pushed through the crowd headed for the exit- which was easy to see and pick out even from here. She didn't care what Marcel would say at the moment, nor if he would be disappointed with her for not staying put. She didn't care if Christopher would get in trouble -doubtful- or if he would get up and try to bring her back. She just needed some air, to get outside after so many hours in doors and now pushing through a crowded place stuffed with humans and supernatural alike it was too much. She pushed through the doors breaking outside to find it was raining, just lightly of course and she leaned against the wall of the place taking deep breaths and trying to figure out why the chorused noise of the werewolves had freaked her out of her skin.

Marcel knew the moment she had taken off, but he was not yet concerned. Chris, however, was on the verge of panic when he looked up from clapping to see her taking off into the crowd. He had been charged with watching her by his Master and boss and he did not want to find out what would happen to him should he lose her. She had just disappeared into the crowd when he noticed her absence, and his fist slammed down onto the table with enough force to make the two people nearest to him look down in surprise, even over the noise of the cheering crowd.

In the meantime, the reaction of the other man on the stage was almost similar to Isabella's. His attempt to stay out of the way was not fairing well for him, and one of the female vampires had latched herself onto him. He had to go along with it, but he was clearly uncomfortable as the two of them were made to dance for the audience below while the newly transformed werewolf strutted across the stage. The poor young man - who was not a vampire, werewolf, or human - finally tore himself away from the vampire, only to be grabbed at by multiple human hands as they tried to touch him as well. He teased and fended them off in doing so, trying to keep up a show of good-natured enjoyment, but the only thing that finally saved him was the sound of Marcel's voice over the speakers yet again, and a sudden increase in the amount of fog on the stage, nearly obscuring the dancers entirely. All four of them rushed to the back of the stage to make themselves invisible to the crowd once again while the smoke obscured them. The crowd died down only enough to be able to hear Marcel over their roaring. "Thank you, everyone, for your attendance to tonight's show." The cheering increased tenfold for a moment, until the smoke cleared and Marcel was standing onstage in all his finery and it died down again just a tad. "We all hope that you had a marvelous time, but it is time to allow our lovely dancers their due rest." A slight groan could be heard from the crowd through the continuous cheering and whistling, but it was soon drowned in the roar once again.

Marcel bowed, and turned to exit through the back of the stage. Christopher was there waiting for him, looking mildly panicked, but Marcel simply waved him off, still smiling. He was quite satisfied with the events of the night and very little was going to be able to ruin his good mood. He paused to speak with the dancers, in particular the nervous one, who looked about ready to collapse from the events, before he headed outside where he knew Isabella would be. He found her leaning against the side of the building, looking thoroughly shaken. It was not the reaction he had expected to get from her, but he hadn't necessarily thought it was going to be a positive reaction either. He did not look at her as he spoke, but he was certain she knew he was there. "You seemed to be enjoying the show until the end there, ma cher." He folded his arms across his chest and looked at her as he spoke again. "What has shaken you so? The wolves will do you no harm, I assure you."

The light rain speckling her hands should have been less comforting, Isabella hated the rain after all with a ridiculous passion for reasons only she kept but at the moment it was cool and easy to focus on while breathing so perhaps this was an exception for distaste in such a dreary weather. It seemed to have been raining for a while, the side walk the flat of her boots pressed against was stained dark and small puddles of water ran along sides of the roads until meeting there end with a drain. Upon each breath her mind cleared a bit out of that shaken state into a more thoughtful one- but far from calm. Maybe that was what Marcel meant by 'another test' so to speak, it could have been a natural reaction that he had been expecting from her. If that were the case, she obviously would have failed but that would have been better then being the only one to out and for no good reason too, the mutts clearly weren't a threat... Then again, Christopher hadn't seem spooked at all or particularity worried about how she would react, in fact he had been too absorbed in the show to notice before she left which indicated to the latter possibility.

How embarrassing... Isabella scrunched a frustrated hand up in her thick slightly damp hair, she could already feel her face growing red knowing Marcel or the babysitter would be out here any moment demanding an explanation that she didn't have. At least the air was nice out here. Even with quite a few people walking in and out of the place she had just spent hours in, the side walk was relatively empty and whoever was out and about was moving quickly- no doubt to avoid the rain. One of these walkers caught her eye, long black hair peeking out from the tightly drawn up hood of a flushed-cheeked girl as she made her way unknowingly past a young vampire leaning against the wall. And she was alone, Isabellas eyes trailed on her for perhaps a bit longer of a moment then was safe but as soon as Marcel stepped from his domain her attention was back where it should have been. And where she wished she could make it go away again.

Well doesn't he look in a fucking great mood. For some reason, seeing this in contrast to her own was irritating. Isabella removed the hand scrunched in her hair only to reach and pull her fingers through it. Looking away firmly when he informed her of what she already knew -that there had been no threat- Isabella answered in a low snapped tone trying not to let too much embarrassment show through with a lie to cover her actions up. "I know, it was just too loud in there for me. Too many people."

Marcel could tell by the bite of her tone that she was keeping her feelings buried again - he hadn't lived for centuries of time without picking up on how to read people. But he had been watching her during the entire event, despite not being visible to the rest of the people in the bar for most of it. Christopher was not irresponsible per say, but Marcel was loath to trust others to take care of jobs the way he himself usually did. Her upset had been surprising even to Marcel, who was rarely surprised by anything anymore. He watched her as she avoided his eyes, clearly uncomfortable talking about what had just happened.

"You did quite well, actually." He said suddenly, his voice earnest. In truth, she had. He had been surprised to find that when she was placed in a room full of humans making reckless decisions, she had kept very calm and collected throughout the club. He had not expected the werewolf transformation to bother her at all, but that fact did make her curious. "No, you were not bothered by the number of people." He decided then to call her out on her lie. "Your level of control inside the club was surprising, and it is a good sign." Still, he wondered at why she had left so suddenly and the only factor he could think of was the wolves. Perhaps she had had an encounter with one before or not long after she had been killed. There were many things about this girl that he was having difficulty working out, and he was fairly certain she did not know the answers either. "I was actually hoping you might enjoy the show, and you appeared to until the end. I apologize that it brought you discomfort. Many of my servers, bartenders, and patrons are werewolves."

In all honesty large crowds obviously didn't bother Isabella the slightest but hey, she was already going with the lie so there was no room to turn around now and tell him that her 'level of control in the club' wasn't really surprising to herself at all. Group together, even humans they were all like nothing more then a flock of squabbling undesirable birds. His lack of trust in her temperament -although, it was probably given with good reason that she refused to see- was just a bit insulting to her high placed pride.

"Werewolves? Oh... yeah." Isabella should have expected him to pick it out, the factor that had set her off. Maybe Marcel had even seen her reaction at the sound and the panic in her movements pushing away from the table before she got up, then again he seemed rather busy so it was hard to say. She made a mental note just in case, of how perceptive the aged vampire was and a goal to better block things like this from him in the future. Without the ability to hide her thoughts from others, Isabella knew she was no more then a mess really that no one should have to deal with but herself. Scrambling for thoughts she tried to work out what to say that wouldn't give away too much, least he feel she was unstable in any way around the mutts. What would that earn her, some more quiet time downstairs? Another lesson face-to-face with one of them? It was a bothering thought, even if both may lead to good intentions Isabella was still stuck in the don't tell me what to do mentality that didn't really like taking orders or advice from anyone and definitely didn't like doing things the didn't feel were nessicary. "They don't bother me really." Oh, that was a bad lie and came out clearly as one in a low guarded tone. Rather then try to cover it up, she unfolded and tried again. "Well, I mean they're a little loud for my tastes. Especially in such large numbers. And I don't know, they just kind of..."

What, 'freak me out?' 'Make me want to bolt?' How about 'make me feel like I'm being hunted by a freaking pack of mutts.' Yeah, that sounded about right although she didn't say it out loud. She didn't want to talk about it, this was so embarrassing and weak, how unreasonably scared the sound and the werewolves themselves made her. Seriously Isabella, toughen up. "I donno. You probably have things to do inside, right? Is it alright If I go for a walk? I'll be back before to early of course." But it wasn't really a question, as Isabella didn't take kindly to being told 'no' and before even receiving an answer she had turned heel to leave with her hands in her coat pockets.

Marcel gave her a sad smile as he listened to her lie through her teeth, knowing it was a pointless endeavor to point out that he knew she was lying. Regardless of her attempts to hide it, the reaction had been clear and he knew now there was an area in which he needed to work. But he would not bring it on so strongly the next time. The so called 'test' he had given her had simply been of necessity. He did not want to keep her locked up in the basement of the club by herself, but he had a job to do and club to run. Tonight in particular had been a special event that he couldn't just ignore. The young vampire was going to have to learn quickly that she was not as 'free' as Marcel was prone to making her feel she was. Especially if she felt like she wasn't free already, she must not think much of his words from before if she thought she was going to be able to just walk off into the streets again with a vague promise to return before too long. Then again, he had never fully explained to her the kind of situation her actions had gotten herself - and by proxy Marcel - into.He wondered if even telling her would make her see the dangerous line she was walking.

And while he did not like containing her, couldn't exactly say he was sorry.

She had already started to walk away and he simply spoke to her back. "Hardly an hour out of the basement and you feel as though you are ready to walk the streets again. My dear, you do not seem to understand your situation." He did not try to stop her, or follow her, for the moment just spoke to her in a very clear direct voice. "If you so much as scratch a human on the streets again, you will not live to see the next night." It wasn't exactly a threat, because there was a sad fact among the vampire community right now that was not something Marcel liked admitting. If he could not get situations like this under better control soon, he was going to have vampires in the city 'taking care of the problem' without his direction or permission. Those riding on the idea that they could potentially blend back into society, or even just keep vampires slightly more under the radar, would be out for her blood if they learned Marcel had simply let her leave and kill again. And that would directly undermine his authority in the city. It was something he couldn't really afford.

Whether she stopped at his words or not he moved quickly enough to practically appear in front of her, giving her a power filled look but that same infuriating smile. "You may walk with a chaperone. For your own safety. The situation is... complex. But you have caused enough trouble that should you leave my protection, I cannot guarantee your continued existence." His expression darkened just a tad as he continued. "If you would rather not it be me, you may have Christopher. Or someone else that I trust. It matters not, you may choose. But you will not walk alone." It was not a question.