Roleplay: The World Inside (Looking for GMs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chaosheart13

Original poster
In the year 20XX, the Internet VR headset was created to allow people to have a better, more fun experience when it came to using social media and roleplaying sites. The Internet VR headset, however, had unforeseen consequences that would change the entire world.

While exploring the vast space known as the Internet, it was discovered that there were people living inside it. Actual people, made of data. They took the forms of a writer's and artist's imaginations and formed communities that, until then, had remained hidden to the outside world. The revelation stunned many and, as the world initiated contact with them as if they were an alien species, people raced to discover more about these creatures within the Internet. Forget space, the Internet was the next frontier that mankind just had to conquer.

Slowly the world began to adjust living with these imaginary people that were created by writers, artists, and roleplayers. The real world where humanity lived became known as Reality, while the Internet…well, remained being called the Internet. But still, the distinction was there, and mankind began to set up governmental systems for each website. These came to be known as city sites, the vast majority of these Internet people coming from art, writing, or roleplay sites.

As time went on, distinctions began to be made and categories created to separate the people from those from the Internet. The artists, the writers, the roleplayers, they all became known as Caretakers for being the ones responsible to take care of the people they created. Those that lived under a Caretaker's rule became known as Charges. For those that did not have a Caretaker or anyone that would be willing to take care of them, they became known as Wisps. The classification for Wisps fell into two types, Palette and Wireframe.

It is now 2098 and nearly the beginning of the turning of the century. Fashion trends had come and gone, politics were still discussed, and the Internet VR headset upgraded and modified to accommodate the many people that now used the headset to communicate with the people that lived inside the Internet. But even then, there are still many things to discover within the Internet world.

The setting here is none other than IwakuRoleplay itself. In the future, the site had grown and flourished under the many different admins and mods that ran the site. Here, everything seems to be at peace, where one can gather with their Charges to create a story together. Of course, there are the Wisps that would act as NPCs to the population by running shops and the like, along with Wisps without a home to call their own. But the setting isn't limited to Iwaku itself. Many Charges visit from other city sites and the roleplaying site has become somewhat of a tourist attraction due to its history. Every day, there's always something happening within the city site. What will you discover?

~*~
Hello, this is chaosheart13 here! This is a setting I've had in mind for quite some time now and I used it for writing a book (Which I haven't published yet whoops.). Basically, it's imaginary people that lives in the Internet that writers, artists, and roleplayers can interact with. For more information, go to here. Right now I'm looking for GMs and my rules are pretty lax. However! I will take into consideration any advice given to me, like if there's something else I can add. Hopefully I can find some GMs to help out with the rp if it ever goes live. Anyone interested?

EDIT: Just a side note here, since I entered in the WaRP competition, this would mean that the creation of the rp happens at the start of the next year, January first. It might take a while so I hope you guys can still keep your interest with this until that happens!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looking for GMs if anyone is interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.