Roleplay or Bust: I have an idea? (Gang rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletNova

Otaku Mode Activated
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
11:00pm to 2:00am weekdays 11:00pm to 4:00am weekends
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
OOC: OPEN SIGNUPS - INFO DUMP - Youth Gone Wild OOC

I got this idea that suddenly turned into what I’m about to tell you. I don’t know if anyone would be interested or if this will be a complete bust because it’s weird but I’ll try my best to explain all the thoughts jumbled in my mind for this idea without being too confusing.

*I want dedicated roleplayers who are more confident in the fact that they would be able to stick around for a long-term rp (excusing sudden situations). I don't want to plan everything out and really invest into this rp to have it die before it gets anywhere.

The idea:

I want to do a gang rp but I want to do it where gangs are made up of all guys and it’s not allowed or expected for women to be a part of gangs in this specific area. What I want to do is have one specific gang where the leader is actually a girl but not even the members know about it. She actually pretends to be a guy and then keeps two separate lives, as a male gang leader and as a female high school student. Things will get complicated when her two worlds start to collide and when people start finding out her secrets. I want to play that female gang character.

A couple aspects:
- I want to highlight the controversy of the lack of girls in gangs especially with the hidden secret of one of the leaders and as people find out I want to make those situations even more complicated.

- Most of the characters will then be male since I only want male gang members. However, if anyone is interested and want to play a girl, they can be the high school friends of the main girl who can end up getting mixed into the gang stuff as well.

- I’m debating to have more than one gang. Maybe a rival one that you could have a character in as well.

- I want a lot going on with this rp. I want it detailed and to really get into the feelings and emotions of characters.

- I want this rp to have gang action, drama, and serious stuff but also on the flip side have funny situations, relationships and romance. I want all of it.

- As for romance. I absolutely love romance and shipping so I totally want all kinds of it in the rp as well. I don’t care what kind because I’m open to it all. I like love triangles too. To clarify, I don’t mind gang members liking each other, high school girls and gang members if we get other girls, and if there’s a rival gang romance between them as well.

- As for my character in regards to romance. I personally prefer FXM pairings in the end for my characters; however, I’m okay with other situations that aren’t that for crushes and such. I don’t mind if a guy member will like the guy her, or a high school friend liking the girl her or whatever possible combination you can think of because I think it would make everything more fun and interesting.

I think that’s all for now. I hope it wasn’t too confusing because it’s all just a bunch of ideas and thoughts right now and I had trouble trying to get them all down into words.

Let me know if you are interested in this idea!

Last edited:
I want in as female high school girl and a male gang member maybe a bit higher ranked close to the Leader

one question is this going to be real FC or not

I want in as female high school girl and a male gang member maybe a bit higher ranked close to the Leader
Great!

one question is this going to be real FC or not
I usually prefer to use anime face claims, but I'm okay with you using something different if you don't want to use anime. I don't want just an appearance to turn you away from the rp.

Great!

I usually prefer to use anime face claims, but I'm okay with you using something different if you don't want to use anime. I don't want just an appearance to turn you away from the rp.
Mmm I will think on it

Reactions: ScarletNova
This actually sounds interesting. Would a male high school friend be ok? I was thinking it might make interesting situations if her high school friend tries to join her gang later.

are you still looking for people to join?
Yes! I am still looking.

This actually sounds interesting. Would a male high school friend be ok? I was thinking it might make interesting situations if her high school friend tries to join her gang later.
That sounds like a great idea. A male high school friend would be completely okay.

Reactions: rechonq
Has some familiarities with Durrarara. Not the male aspect. Just high schoolers and gang activities. Interesting.

what spots are open for characters?

also is their an index where we will put our Character sheets?

also is their an index where we will put our Character sheets?
I haven't made one yet because I was waiting to see if this idea would get any interest. There will be one though.

what spots are open for characters?
Anything is open, whatever kind of spot you want besides the leader of course. The only things I have prepared so far is what was on the first post of this thread. Again, I was waiting to see if I would get any interest.

Just to clarify in relation to gangs, are you talking like gangs in an american, british or other setting? just so i can look at social climates etc. I love this idea and though i prefer gang stories with an older demographic I am all for dealing into this plot. would easily be able to play a gang member (male) as an enforcer (dirty hands).

I also find this interesting from the point of knowing of girl gangs that exist today. Not as common as male orientated gangs but i still love your idea to play out interesting and complex consequences of the situation you've created.

are you talking like gangs in an american, british or other setting?
I am creating a fictional city in Japan so the setting will be Japan because I plan to use anime face claims so Japan just seemed to fit.

ah ok, unfortunately not my forte
Anime or Japan because we can work with both of them if you are still interested in the rp. Those really aren't the main focus of the rp.

Anime or Japan because we can work with both of them if you are still interested in the rp. Those really aren't the main focus of the rp.
both hahahaha, im just not very knowledgeable on the culture and how gangs operate and are portrayed there. I will have a bit of a read and work out if i can do something.

both hahahaha, im just not very knowledgeable on the culture and how gangs operate and are portrayed there. I will have a bit of a read and work out if i can do something.
Okay, but fair warning I'm not being realistic with it all so you really don't need to know much. I'm only going to base everything I know off of all the anime I have seen, but I'm a laidback GM and really am cool with not being really realistic to things.

Reactions: KC
Status
Not open for further replies.