Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, from 5pm-10pm US EAST
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Warlike, and Furry RP's.
~10:00 PM~
~ANITEK LABS~

"A-Assistant Lila?"
"Yes Miss Orlaine?"
"I-I'm not feeling so well...I am so s-sorry to say this, but could you finish with the testing here? I-I have to go home a tad bit early today."
"Oh it's no worry! I'll take care of the labs while you are gone!"
"Thank you so much! I-I promise to m-make it up t-to you!"
"Umm Miss Orlaine? Are you sure you can get home?"
"YES! OF COURSE I CAN GET HOME!"

~Approximately 15 minutes later~
"AIEEEEAGH!!!"
*SMACK*
"..."

View attachment 96454
*Smack*
f.baseball_bat_image.jpg

*Smack*
*Drops bat*

"OH GOSH!"

"WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!"
~~~

Welcome! One and all to ROLEPLAY ON TRIAL!!!: an Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban-style Investigation/Trial roleplay? Complete with Crime Scenes, Coffee Breaks, Smexy sprites, and Arguing! Yes who doesn't like arguing!

In this particular and most peculiar case, It seems our dumb-looking doggy friend Devon Denali has smashed out the lights of this prestigious, well-known lab professor Lisa Orlaine with a bat, on the side of the laboratory around yesterday afternoon. It is most obvious that Devon's the killer and this trial will go very quickly, right? I mean, we have witnesses, credible evidence, and the finest prosecutors in the land, no?

I guess how smooth this case will go all depends on the Lawyers that take the stand either FOR or AGAINST this poor puppy!

(and yes, we can have as many Lawyers on these cases as I so please)

Now before you start your arguing, there ARE quite a few things you will need to know about the case:

<The Rule Page>
<The Interest page>
<The Character Sheet Page>
<The Case File>
<The City of Furkan San>
The City of Furkan San is VERY different from the rest of the world, and most EXTREMLY something very weird and eye-popping, so for all you newbie lawyers out there, here is some need-to-know stuff about the current situation of Furkan San.

1. The court system differs just a tad bit in that up to five Lawyers can work for either side, to ensure almost maximum coverage of the case with little corruption among st the lawyers themselves, the jury is halved for minimal bias, and a one-day grace period is given to lawyers to compile evidence that may have been missed.

2. Furkan San got really popular with the city's advances in science in both transgenic crops, animals, and humans! Which stirs up much controversy, especially that of the latest success which put the company Anitek on the map and the spot-light. The major success? Succesful gene-crossing and accepting between humans and some domestic animals, such as dogs and cats, which result in people like our suspect floating around in the city.

3. This, of course, was highly controversial and stirred up many hate groups against these animal-people, Anitek, Furkan San, and genetics as a whole. The most effective/interesting group out of the bunch would have to be the G.A.H (Give Animals Hate) Group, which has a firm hold within Anitek's main competitor, Ginentek, and even in Anitek itself.

4. Shawarma Joints are very popular around Furkan San, So I hope you like your food rolled up!

CRIMMINAL INVESTIGATIONS DIVISION
SUPPLEMENTAL DIVISION (Up to date)

AGENCY CASE NUMBER:
TNF-2
AGENCY NAME:
Furkan San Police Department
CASE REFERENCE (OFFENCE/INCIDENT):
Murder (degree TBD)
DATE OF OFFENSE:
<yesterday>
DATE CLOSED:
<open>
REPORT DATE:
<today>
VICTIM:
Dr. Lisa Orlaine
SUCPECT:
Mr.Devon Denali
CURRENT WITNESSES:
Dr. Izzy Lila (Victim's Lab Assistant)
Mr.Jackson Miles (Anitek Security Guard)
CAUSE OF DEATH:
Repeatedly beaten an uncountable amount of times with a blunt instrument, with no signs of struggle.
MURDER WEAPON:
A wooden baseball bat owned by Mr.Denali
TIME OF DEATH:
Between 10:00 and 10:30 PM

~Le Rules~
~HEED THEM WELL~
1. Keep any arguing in IC, I do not want terrible relations coming on you guys over some RP!

2. With that being said, Keep IC chats Civil or you will be THROWN OUT in contempt of court for civil disobedience

3. Iwaku and Court standard rules apply to this IC

4. Romance is kept at PG-13

5. Rules may be changed by announcement of the GM

6. PM me before deciding on having a Neutral role

7. Only 5 lawyers allowed per side, and only 4 Neutrals allowed in the RP (5 if someone wishes to play Suspect)

8. If I have the Wright to throw Lisa Randell and Anthropomorphic Creatures into this case, and change names of them, then you sure as heck have the Wright to be any Canon character from Ace Attorney or ANY universe for that matter, so long as it isn't TOO weird, and does not involve any of the Witness/NPC Sprites! (That being Young Ema Skye, Security Guard Larry Butz, Lana Skye, Angel Starr, any Aotsuki's and Damon Gant)

9.Posting speed should be once a week, as Trials go in Turns, and if the one side brings up an interesting point that the other side cannot prove in a week, than the winner becomes the side with the point, and the RP ENDS! So keep it going with your counter attacks!

10. Finally, I do not care with posting length so long as it brings up a point, or that the post has meaning to respond too, if it's something useless like *character one waves* then I am smiting it >:D

11. Have fun arguing and OBJECTing with care!

~Character Sheet~
(if you want a NEUTRAL ROLE, please PM me!)
Name:
Appearance(descriptions are okay, pics are better, Sprites would kill the competition):
What drove you to have your role?:
Trial Record(Basically, if you are some new lawyer starting out don't put much, or if you have built yourself a reputation as a lawyer, put what u did):

~Accepted Characters~
~Defense~
Name: Mila de Haven
Appearance: This is what I have so far, but this is to give you an idea

Clicky here for Mila

Role (PROSECUTION or DEFENSE): Defense
What drove you to have your role?: "I'm here to make sure the innocent don't suffer for the guilty."
Trial Record(Basically, if you are some new lawyer starting out don't put much, or if you have built yourself a reputation as a lawyer, put what u did): Started off with juvenile cases, helping guilty teenagers get lenient sentences and innocent ones leave with clean records. Only recently she had bumped up to more serious cases, this one being her first murder case. (W: 8 L: 2)

Extra: Mila is near sighted, which has been used against her to make her lose a case.
~Prosecution~
Name: Leon Crattson
Appearance:
hYGG7j2.png

Brown, medium-short hair. Prefers a white shirt and a black jacket.
Role: Prosecution
What drove you to have your role?: "I do believe speaking the truth should be much easier, Your Honor."
Trial Record: Going right on the big cases after graduating law school, his first attempts in the court usually ended in defeat. This pushed him down to the smaller ones, in which he's still awaiting a breakthrough.
~Neutral~

~Characters on Trial~

-VICTIM-
Name: Dr. Lisa Orlaine
Appearence:
lisa-randall-brings-theoretical-physics-to-the-masses.jpg

Role: A leading geneticist at Anitek Labs, world-renowned for her mutation control methods, also known for being the Vice-President of Give Animals Hate Organization.

-SUSPECT-
Name: Devon Denali
Appearence:

Role: Unemployed and early test subject of Anitek's successful 'Animan' program. States he gets his income by 'whatever's available'. Highly aggressive, and has been accused of past assault charges.

-WITNESS 1-
Name: Izzy Lila
Appearence:

Role: Lab assistant to Dr.Orlaine and an intern at Anitek Labs, unlike Dr.Orlaine, Izzy loves animals and is not affiliated with the GAH hate group. She claims to see the trial through the window of her lab during the course of the murder.

-WITNESS 2-
Name: Jackson Miles
Appearance:

Role: Security Guard at Anitek labs, little is known about the guard in terms of background information, other than his cheery behavior and his job. He claims to be on patrol duty during the time of death and wittiness the murder firsthand, as well as arresting the suspect on the spot.

(note that there are probably more characters to come ^^)​

Last edited by a moderator:
*This post is for all items Lawyers can use on file*

CRIMMINAL INVESTIGATIONS DIVISION

SUPPLEMENTAL DIVISION (Up to date)

AGENCY CASE NUMBER:
TNF-2
AGENCY NAME:
Furkan San Police Department
CASE REFERENCE (OFFENCE/INCIDENT):
Murder (degree TBD)
DATE OF OFFENSE:
<yesterday>
DATE CLOSED:
<open>
REPORT DATE:
<today>
VICTIM:
Dr. Lisa Orlaine
SUCPECT:
Mr.Devon Denali
CURRENT WITNESSES:
Dr. Izzy Lila (Victim's Lab Assistant)
Mr.Jackson Miles (Anitek Security Guard)
CAUSE OF DEATH:
Repeatedly beaten an uncountable amount of times with a blunt instrument, with no signs of struggle.
MURDER WEAPON:
A wooden baseball bat owned by Mr.Denali
TIME OF DEATH:
Between 10:00 and 10:30 PM
f.baseball_bat_image.jpg

*A blood-stained wooden baseball bat, owned by Devin Denali*
-VICTIM-
Name: Dr. Lisa Orlaine
Appearence:
lisa-randall-brings-theoretical-physics-to-the-masses.jpg

Role: A leading geneticist at Anitek Labs, world-renowned for her mutation control methods, also known for being the Vice-President of Give Animals Hate Organization.
-SUSPECT-
Name: Devon Denali
Appearence:

Role: Unemployed and early test subject of Anitek's successful 'Animan' program. States he gets his income by 'whatever's available'. Highly aggressive, and has been accused of past assault charges.
-WITNESS 1-
Name: Izzy Lila
Appearence:

Role: Lab assistant to Dr.Orlaine and an intern at Anitek Labs, unlike Dr.Orlaine, Izzy loves animals and is not affiliated with the GAH hate group. She claims to see the trial through the window of her lab during the course of the murder.
-WITNESS 2-
Name: Jackson Miles
Appearance:

Role: Security Guard at Anitek labs, little is known about the guard in terms of background information, other than his cheery behavior and his job. He claims to be on patrol duty during the time of death and wittiness the murder firsthand, as well as arresting the suspect on the spot.

Last edited:
I'd really like to join this, just a question. Would other's footage of the game be decent as experience with Ace Attorney, as I have none myself? I, ahem, can do research, that's probably by biggest strength in this roleplay, I on the other side don't really have experience with courts either, but again, that can be learnt!

Guess who's gonna marathon Judge Judy...

Also, sprites, no problem.

I'd really like to join this, just a question. Would other's footage of the game be decent as experience with Ace Attorney, as I have none myself? I, ahem, can do research, that's probably by biggest strength in this roleplay, I on the other side don't really have experience with courts either, but again, that can be learnt!

Guess who's gonna marathon Judge Judy...

Also, sprites, no problem.
Honestly, I think that the intro's a bit of to much Bark, you don't really need much prior info, but I think watching a video is an absolutely GREAT IDEA AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! (in fact, that's what got me into AA myself :3)

So yeah! Do whatever you feel is necessary to give you the edge in court!!!

Even if you do not know anything about the game or Court of Law, It'll still be fine, one can just shoot a message of anything they need, from a debriefing to a relaxing back massage...I'll be there!

Here's an educational video about how ace attorney works...to a humurous degree:

Last edited:
Hey! @Librarian Cat

Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot about this. I can make someone of the prosecution~ Thing is, I wanna draw all of my pictures from "Objection" to their own sayings. Is that okay?

Hey! @Librarian Cat

Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot about this. I can make someone of the prosecution~ Thing is, I wanna draw all of my pictures from "Objection" to their own sayings. Is that okay?
TOTES!

so long as they mean similar things!

Yay! Hopefully I can get this done by today~

Last edited:
One thing about the CS; in the Trial Record section, do I make up cases he's been in, or are you looking for other roleplays like this, or...

And just a disclaimer: The sprites and name of the character isn't mine. The artist is credited in the sprite sheet.

Appearance:
hYGG7j2.png

What drove you to have your role?: "I do believe speaking the truth should be much easier, Your Honor."
Trial Record: Going right on the big cases after graduating law school, his first attempts in the court usually ended in defeat. This pushed him down to the smaller ones, in which he's still awaiting a breakthrough. (W:6 L:4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nue
Oooh, a prosecutor.

Guess I'll make a defense attorney instead~

Clicky here for Mila

What drove you to have your role?: "I'm here to make sure the innocent don't suffer for the guilty."
Trial Record(Basically, if you are some new lawyer starting out don't put much, or if you have built yourself a reputation as a lawyer, put what u did): Started off with juvenile cases, helping guilty teenagers get lenient sentences and innocent ones leave with clean records. Only recently she had bumped up to more serious cases, this one being her first murder case. (W: 8 L: 2)

Extra: Mila is near sighted, which has been used against her to make her lose a case.

One thing about the CS; in the Trial Record section, do I make up cases he's been in, or are you looking for other roleplays like this, or...
NOPE! ^^ You make up whatever case you wish! No Prior RP experience required ^^
And just a disclaimer: The sprites and name of the character isn't mine. The artist is credited in the sprite sheet.
I'm not one to mind that, but I thank thee for bestowing credit where it is needed.

Clicky here for Mila

Accepted! And are you really drawing up Mila?

Appearance:
hYGG7j2.png

Trial Record: Going right on the big cases after graduating law school, his first attempts in the court usually ended in defeat. This pushed him down to the smaller ones, in which he's still awaiting a breakthrough.
Bruh, Leon seems like an amazing guy actually, I cannot WAIT to see his prosecution!!! ACCEPTED!

Accepted! And are you really drawing up Mila?

Yup. Thing is I can make like... Nine different still image poses and have it done by tomorrow, but if I want to animate this all, it'll be weeks before it's all ready.

Yup. Thing is I can make like... Nine different still image poses and have it done by tomorrow, but if I want to animate this all, it'll be weeks before it's all ready.
d56db82aa3396e3c0a2e53922f88383535a87d948c7f8a64126ab07da2c72654.jpg

Since I am no artist...PROPS TO YOU, DAWG!!! Do whatever it is you wish, whether u want it static sprites or animated sprites doesn't bother me, since I am using both, just my only pet peeve is if the sprites are huge and kills computers, because I cant post if my comp is dead ;-;

~ONTO A DIFFERENT SUBJECT @YALL~
Would you like to start with just the three of us? Do you wish to invite anybody into this roleplay? Or do you want to wait until we reach a certain number of each side?

Tbh I really don't mind either.

I'll see if there's anyone I know on here that could be interested. In the meantime, I sugggest waiting for more.

Thanks for accepting me!

Status
Not open for further replies.