Roleplay ideas and seeking GMs/CO-GMs <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shayla @Malicious_Issac Here is a brief about the Exalted world I found on Wikipedia.

In Exalted, the player characters are chosen by a deity and imbued with their powers (thus, "exalted", or "raised high"). There are numerous varieties of Exalted, each chosen by a different deity or group of deities; however, the core game is based around the Solar Exalted, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, with the Core Rulebook covering the Solars' abilities, powers, and place within the setting. While the core rulebook mentions and discusses the other Exalted to the extent necessary for them to appear as supporting characters in Solar-themed games, additional sourcebooks provide the depth of detail necessary to stage other Exalted as playable characters.

According to the core sourcebooks and the supplementary materials, the history of the setting begins with the Primordials: vast entities akin to Greek primordial deities or the Outer Gods of H.P. Lovecraft's works, even going so far as to use similar epithets to the latter. They shaped Creation – a flat world of finite extent – from the primordial chaos, and placed the gods (numberless immortal spirits resembling the Kami of Shinto) to watch over it.

In time, the Celestial Incarnae, the greatest of the gods who represented great celestial objects such as the sun and moon, decided to end the rule of the callous and destructive Primordials and claim the Games of Divinity for their own, but they were forbidden from taking arms against the Primordials themselves. Instead, they imbued exceptional humans with their power (the titular Exalted) to fight for them. After a cataclysmic struggle, the Exalted finally triumphed over the Primordials, slaying many and then forcing the others to surrender.

Upon victory, the gods retreated to the city of Yu-Shan to oversee from on high, and granted the Exalted the Creation-Ruling Mandate as a boon for their service to the new order. The surrendered Primordials were banished to/became the Hell known as Malfeas, the Demon City. Now they are half-remembered only as the Yozis: ill-understood and impersonal cosmic deities whose continued worship is reckoned among the highest of heresies. The slain Primordials are known as the Neverborn, quiescent monsters whose impossible ending resulted in the formation of the Underworld.

Common to all of White Wolf Publishing's games, the primary character archetype, the Exalted, suffer from a systemic character flaw. In this case, this flaw is represented by a "Great Curse", uttered upon the dying breaths of the slain Primordials. This Great Curse manifests itself in a variety of ways and causes the "heroes" of the setting to be fatally flawed. In the game's history, the Solars eventually grew decadent and corrupt from this influence. After centuries of plotting, the Solars were slaughtered in a massive insurrection known as the Usurpation by the Terrestrial and Sidereal Exalted, their servants and advisors. After the Usurpation, the majority of the Exaltations of the Solar Exalted were locked away, and an organization known as the Wyld Hunt was organized by agents of the Sidereals and Terrestrials to kill all the others, and drive the Lunar Exalted from the civilised lands of Creation.

During the intervening age, the Terrestrial Exalted became the rulers of the world, ruling in a system not unlike the Shogunate of feudal Japan. After the Great Contagion (a plague engineered by the Neverborn to swell the population of the underworld and weaken Creation) and the Balorian Crusade (a war with the Fair Folk, who seek to return the world to Chaos) wrought devastation across Creation, a young captain of the Dragon-Blooded armies gained access to powerful weapons of the First Age. With these, she first beat back the Balorian Crusade, and then asserted her rulership over much of the world, dubbing herself the Scarlet Empress. Nearly eight hundred years later—in the present day of the game—there are eleven Great Houses of the Realm, nearly all of whom claim direct descent from the Empress.

Five years prior to the default starting point of the game, the Empress vanished. While she had temporarily disappeared before, by the present of the game it is believed she will not return, and the Realm stands on the brink of civil war. Simultaneously, the Solar exaltations held in the Jade Prison have returned. With the Houses ignoring the threat of the Celestial Exalted to position themselves to take control of the Realm, the number of Solar Exalted in Creation is slowly growing. Thus, the backdrop to the setting sees the newly arisen Solars (among various other heroes and villains) struggling to survive their enemies in this time of tumult long enough to make their mark upon the fate of Creation, for good or for ill.[1]

The flat world of Creation is the primary setting of Exalted. Creation has two continents, the Blessed Isle and the unnamed super-continent which covers the northern, eastern and southern edges of Creation, populated by many nations and tribes, with the settled regions along the inner coast of this super-continent being known collectively as the threshold. The Blessed Isle is located in the center of Creation. The Realm rules the Blessed Isle and its proximate archipelago directly, and indirectly rules numerous tributary states known as satrapies along the threshold. The elemental poles of Creation color the directions of the map: the frigid North, near the pole of Air, is divided by the White Sea; The element of Wood influences the heavily forested East, the most densely populated region of Creation other than the Blessed Isle; the Scavenger Lands, formally named the Confederation of Rivers, is an organization of allied nations within the East; the South, drawing from the Pole of Fire, is a hot, arid region; the influence of the Pole of Water upon the West shows itself in the Great Western Ocean encompassing various major and minor island nations; finally, the Elemental Pole of Earth, the least dangerous of the five, is located at the top of the towering Imperial Mountain in the centrer of the Blessed Isle.

Surrounding Creation is the infinite ocean of Pure Chaos known as the Wyld. The cosmology of Exalted also includes the Underworld, the celestial city of Yu-Shan, the demon realm of Malfeas, the machine world of Autochthonia, and Elsewhere.

• Useful
Reactions: Maleficent_Issac
From what @Sailor Moon and I have been discussing, there are the six Princess roles and a possibility of five Prince roles. It's up to her if we need all six Princesses to start. ;3

@rhea I didn't want to get too heavy into the lore before obtaining interest. WoW is quite complex. :3 I'll be happy to provide the GM with more info.
If you need help with the WoW lore I am quite familiar with the Gilnean lore ((the cursed humans that the nightelves give refuge to following the catacalysm events))

I do have to ask: of all the races in Azeroth, why restrict it to just elves? ((Oh and what timeframe we using?))

I'd has interest in this WOW rp but I am not a elfy kind o' guy X.x

• Love
Reactions: YuriLucien
@YuriLucien Well, I'd be more than happy to GM it. Hit me up with the information whenever you can!

• Love
@Furasian YuriLucien has expressed to me that GMs are free to go crazy with it. It's only an extremely vague outline, but that doesn't mean the races are only restricted to elves, in my opinion.

• Love
I'm working on Princess Waltz, btw. :D Maybe will be up this weekend, but I want to have the first plot solid before I submit anything.

• Love
@Furasian YuriLucien has expressed to me that GMs are free to go crazy with it. It's only an extremely vague outline, but that doesn't mean the races are only restricted to elves, in my opinion.
Nice to hear. Being a Warcraft player meself I find the rp in that lore rather fun! ((If you ignore the demigod 1 hit win characters that is XD))

• Love
@rhea @Furasian Rhea is correct. :3 It's really open to who wants to GM/CO-GM and great a fun world from a WoW based game. I went with making it more about Elves cause it seems like we need more Elf rps on here, but it's really up to who wants to run it. ;3 I'm a terrible GM or I'd do it, lol. XD

@Sailor Moon Awesome! I'm looking forward to this! <33

Sooo happy Iwaku is back! >w<

Totally looking forward to Princess Waltz and will certainly want to be a part of it!

• Love
Totally looking forward to Princess Waltz and will certainly want to be a part of it!
It's gonna be beautiful! X3

I'm up for helping out with anything I can regarding the WoW topic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.