INTEREST CHECK Roleplay Idea..

@Tenchi: THANK YOU!!!

@ Wytch: why dont we use the bloodmagick for the opposing coven? cuz i really like your idea, and love the ocean...also Des says something shamanistic would be a good idea.

Ahhh. Demons.
Ooh. That could be part of the opposing coven, then? >_>;

@Duchess : Great minds think alike. xD
Oh! And...a shamanistic healer for the coven?

yeah that could work. i like that idea. and that the rival coven uses the bloodmagick to try to take over the land...maybe they use it to infiltrate our coven and try to take it over from the outside in??

I think, like everyone else..It is time for me to sleep. (It's like..1:30 a.m. here..or..close enough, anyway.)
I'll make a post with all the information in it tomorrow so I have something to reference and I'm not scrolling through all five pages of this thread trying to find every last detail. xD

OKi doki, nighty night

Actually..I was wrong.
I want to get that post done before I go to sleep, otherwise I won't get to sleep for a while 'cause I'll be thinking about it while I'm laying in bed. Lol.

It doesn't help that I have mild insomnia on a regular basis, anyway. x.x;

What's a good natural representation of fire that could be an element of the landscape in this roleplay?
(The only things I can think of right now would be a volcano or a natural hot springs...)

Its okay, I never sleep so I'm either on here or doing some work most of the night. It's 2:40 am where I am and I have school at 7:30am

o-o Wow. I would die. xD
However, I have no life..so sleep isn't that big of a deal to me at night. >_>;

Well i have three jobs, which includes running my own company and I'm a full time student so I really do need to sleep sometimes but its never happens
oh well

I think a good representation for fire in nature is dry areas.

I'm interested in this roleplay. Read through all five pages just now. All I have now are just a few questions, mainly regarding magic, since magic was discussed but wasn't completely summarized.

Will Magic be subtle like in Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings? Or will be it be like the Dresden Files, in which is more explosive and flashy, balls of fire, barriers of energy and all that. That's something more important to me; I'm quite big on combat and magic so I do want to know what I'll be able to do and not what I won't be able to do.

My second question; must I play someone from either coven? I was planning to play a cynical, hermit male witch/wizard/sorcerer/whatever you want to call it who just moved into the town recently and all he wants is to be left alone. If you guys were planning to include demons in the story we could say that he's had dealings with them in the past and they to a degree respect, fear him, just to help with the mystery aspect. I will be making him a powerful character, if possible, but he won't be taking part in combat (unless it involves people of his tier) because he no longer wants to fight. He just wants a quiet life.

My character's identity will be hidden. The witches and other magically sensitive people will know that someone new and powerful has entered the town but they wouldn't know who because my guy would have warded himself.

What do you guys think?

o-o Wooow. And you still manage to find time to roleplay?

Hmm. A brown plains area that, despite the rain from the ocean, never seems to be green?
Or...Well..I, honestly, have no freaking clue. xD

@Xion Caranthacus : I was actually in the middle of working on a post that would better explain the magic and such.
I think the spells are going to be more subtle, where the active powers are gunna be more...flashy..ish..(That's going to depend upon the "level" of the witch in question.)

I don't know if you're familiar with the television show Charmed (which had it's series finale back in like..07? Idr.) but think of the active powers like those.
The spells won't be quite so flashy...but then again..they only really used spells for demon hunting and banishing.
The witches in this roleplay will use spells for other things...mostly the protection and prosperity of the town.

I have no problem with a character or two that's magical outside of both covens, but I don't want them taking over the roleplay. That would upset me very much so.

@Xion: That would be really cool.

@Wytch: I manage. I'm only 18 but I like working for myself. I make T0shirts for a living and make jewlry and do murals as well. I also do musical performances at Venues and write my own music.

Wow. Artistic.
Makes me feel...lame. Hahaha.

Okay .. Here's the basic idea of the roleplay in general. (The next post I do like this will be about the magic.)

We've got a modern day coven that lives in an ocean-side town. The town has a field at the northern boarder (representing earth), a forest at the eastern boarder (representing air), a - at the southern boarder (representing fire), and the ocean at it's western boarder (representing water, of course.) These natural representations of element were what made the area an ideal location, according to those witches who founded it. The town is small enough that all of the townspeople are aware of who/what the witches are. They, and the town itself, rely on the witches for things such as protection and prosperity. They also come to the witches for things like love potions, or spells to detect infidelity. (Of course if the witches give them the "love potions", they aren't anything that will cause long lasting effects, and will only actually uncover any affection that may already be there, instead of causing infatuation. They have to be careful with that sort of thing.)
Their patron goddess is the Morrigan, a wickedly dangerous goddess to worship. She does tend to be a bit tempermental when it comes to dealing with witches, but she's never failed to offer them the protection that they need. As a goddess of war, she finds the coven to be boring most of the time, but doesn't let that take away from their choice to worship her. After all, a god (or goddess as the case may be) is only as strong as their followers. More often than not she tends to annoy the witches when she pops in with her cryptic messages.
The big plot in this roleplay is going to be a coven of opposing witches. Mostly dark (and/or blood) magic users. Their objective is to infiltrate the coven, working away at the protective spells cast on the town as they do so, and attempt to claim the town as their own "base for evil magic."