INTEREST CHECK Roleplay Idea..

@Lawkheart playing a witch is very much like playing a wiccan ^_^

@Lawkhart : According to Neo-Pagan religions "Every wiccan is a witch, but not every witch is a wiccan." So, yeah, if you go based on that, it's pretty much the same?
Buuuut..
Like I said..
I'm not exactly sure about what their magic is based in, right now. e.e;

How about it be based on elements?
Earth
Wind
Fire
Air
They may look bad, but we don't care.
XD

@Tenchi & Duchess : Mm'kay. Ooooh. >_>; That just gave me an idea...
Hmm.
For active powers : Should they be more..mental based things (i.e. Empathy, clairvoyance, possible tactile telekinesis) or more...active ones? (Kinda like the ones on the t.v. show Charmed for any who might know it.) (Or..i.e. Actual telekinesis and other kinetic abilities?)

Awsome then I'm definatly in

It will be an awesome challenge and I think I have Character sheet for something like this saved on my flash drive. I make character sheets for fun and for roleplays so if your interested in it let me know and I can send you the link.

Also magic wise, are the witches/wizards going to have elemental bases, like someone is more power with destruction spells and offensive spells because their life force or mana is based in fire?

also, they would have the power of the fifth element on the star....akasha...or spirit...and each witch would be able to hold a portion of each element. all the elements needed for life or creation. otherwise how would they have created a town? which is why their magick would be more spell based with a few active spells here and there

@Tenchi - I was actually thinking something along the lines of each witch having an affinity for a certain element based on their astrological sign (since they do correspond to the elements in actual witchcraft)...not necessarily control over it, but it's something that they need to know for spell casting? Each element has to be in their respective corner for the spell? -- Or we could do that and minor control of their element?

Nice work Duchess. I never knew you had a thing for witches XD

@Lawkheart - Ermm. Good question. o-o;'
That might be something to consider, actually.

@Duchess - Yes, cannot forget akasha. Hmm..

@ Wytch; i love that idea, it suits it perfectly and it would give it balance

@ Tenchi: *blushes awkwardly* well...might as well let it out... I AM A WITCH!!! hehehe

*stands proudly in thread for all to see*

I think it would be interesting to have different branches of the coven based in the elements they base their magic in. Like for exxample when there is a new member they go visit each line of elements and finds out which one their affiliated with.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for inviting me Tenchi

@Duchess: Then I might as well admit.... I AM A DRAGON!!!! >:3

@Wytch: I love your knowledge of witches. It's frikin awsome!!!!

@Lawk: Branches=Power ^^; You're welcome

@Duchess : :3 Yay! I'm not alone. /steps out of the broom closet, too. xD

@Lawkheart : Hmm. That's definitely something to consider. Especially when you take into account the fact that astrological sign doesn't necessarily indicate element in the real craft. (I'm a Gemini...born smack dab in the middle of Gemini. Gemini is supposed to be an air element. =\ Yeah..not so much..Even my rising sign doesn't work for me. I've got basically no pull by the normal astrological symbols...Celtic astrology, on the other hand, that's a totally different story.)

I am in on this. IDK if this was suggested or not but what about having some people with magic ability while others have to use physical items or use enchantments? just throwin it out there:)

@Tenchi - I love witches, and I am a solitary eclectic, which means I have to learn everything by myself (with the exception of some things that my best friend teaches me.)

OH! Spells! Should they have correspondences? (I.e. herbs and stones that will make them more powerful?) If so, I have great links to a list for both. >_>;

@ I_AM_THAT_IA: that is an awesome idea.

@ Wytch: yay for being outta the broom closet lol. and as for the astrology thing...im an aries, and NO MATTER what kind of astrological sign i use...i fit them all PERFECTLY..so, i am a fire..mmmm fire...mmm..but we could just set it up that there is a test to determine at initiation if that is their affinity or not....*shrugs* and let the player decide