Roleplay banners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raja

Original poster
I just got a notification encouraging us to test out the 'Roleplay Banners' feature.

I've never heard of this. I can't find an option for it in my roleplay, and I couldn't find any information in the FAQ about what this feature is and how it works. If someone could explain this to me, I would be very greatful.

All the best,
- Raja

Hey Raja, the option is actually in your profile. If you mouseover your username in the toolbar, you can go to My Ads which is where you manage your banners.

HOWEVER.

@Diana

Despite the notification, attempting to create a new ad sends us to this page which, at the moment, doesn't work.

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
If you hover over your screen name you'll find "My Ads". Click on it and you'll be brought to the appropriate interface. Click "create ad" and you'll be brought to another page packed with helpful information and tools for ad creation. If you don't have the ability to make your own, you're more than welcomed to visit the art shop or create your own by using the helpful banner creator Diana has linked but should reconsider the color choice.

At the moment, I'm getting and error saying "There are no user zones created, please contact site administrators." Funny, I was just using it just moments ago o.o'

When you hover over your name in the upper left corner, on the bottom of the left column, there is an option called "My Ads". This allows you to submit a banner for the banner rotation, which will be linked to your roleplay. Other roleplayers will then be able to see your banner, and may click it if they find it interesting.

Edit: Lol, so many responses. :D

Give it a good hard refresh and see if it works now. o__o I think the cache wasn't updating the page for some people. Cause a few people have already submitted banners.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
@Diana It works now. Thank you for all the responses; I'll be submitting an ad shortly.

@Diana

I've submitted a banner, but the image 'breaks' when uploaded. I used the exact 800 width and 100 height pixels specified, so something seems to be wrong.

@Diana

I've submitted a banner, but the image 'breaks' when uploaded. I used the exact 800 width and 100 height pixels specified, so something seems to be wrong.

It uploaded just fine on my side, so that may just be a fluke!

It's not happening with me either...

I keep getting this

Capture_zpsztjlbhdp.png

It's not happening with me either...

I keep getting this

Capture_zpsztjlbhdp.png
The ads are currently experiencing some technical difficulty, I believe. They are no longer being displayed at the top of the page, and the 'My Ads' feature is currently unavailable (as you have discovered). I'm sure the technical team are aware of it; the system was only updated today so I believe some teething issues are only natural. I'm sure it will begin to run smoothly in due course. Perhaps consider using this time to make sure your banner is something you really love and that will really grab people's attention - in a good way!

Alas, we are SO close to being fixed. T_____T Looks like it's gotta be turned off for a little while longer.

@Diana it seems really finicky with how/when it lets you in. I was able to submit banners eventually but had to refresh a few times and come back to try again later. At first I thought it was just a cache issue or something but I guess it looks like it's still not fixed?

Yeah, it's still the same problem BUT closer to being fixed this time. O__O It's not putting out errors AS bad anymore.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Uhmz, I have a similar problem, but with me I don't even get the "My adds" button in my profile. Is this all caused by the same problem?

Uhmz, I have a similar problem, but with me I don't even get the "My adds" button in my profile. Is this all caused by the same problem?
Yep, the ads feature is currently disabled whilst they work on it a little more. Therefore they have removed the link to it, I presume only temporarily.

Ah alright, thank you ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.