Roleplay Addicts Anonymous

F

Faulkner

Original poster
I'm one of those people.

Let's see. I'm currently in Dark Reign, Wounded King, and Fateguard here on Iwaku.

I'm also on... three, dedicated RP sites. (You know, the ones where an entire forum is devoted to a single RP scenario?) One of which I've got two running threads on, plus two more planned. The other two I'm working on getting character sheets approved for, but who knows how many threads I'll wind up starting on each once I've joined.

And now I just signed up for another RP here on Iwaku, that superpowered delinquents one Seiji is starting.

So the grand total is: five running RPs, and at least five more pending.

I'm pretty sure I have a problem.

The point of this thread is for everyone else who has the same or a similar problem, to come forward and share it. And then maybe we can keep each other from metaphorically overdosing on too many RPs for us to handle.

So, anyone else?

I used to have a problem. Then, uh... I got the Lazy Disease.

Honestly, I am constantly bombarded by IDEAS. Settings, plots, characters... I just don't do anything with any of them. I don't write them down, I don't try to apply them somewhere, I don't tell anyone about them. I can't tell you how many ideas I've had get lost to the currents of the wind!

But I also have bouts of... a lack, of confidence. As if, my writing is no good, or my RP'ing isn't "up to par", or that the community isn't interested in RP'ing with Seiji (mostly due to my "reputation"). Makes me NOT want to even bother! So...

... Yeah. That's all I got to say about that.

I do that all the time, and then I'll get lazy and not reply and SOOO many people will get mad at me.

I think its normal for roleplayers to encounter that every now and then in their roleplaying life. It does get addicting. You can't really help it you know? You just jump in then after awhile you realize how many RP's you've joined and you just can't help it. Anyway, I totally understand what you're in.

"every now and then"

*does this every single time he returns to the world of roleplay*

>>;

<<;

I'm an addict!

Althought not as active as I used to be, I am constantly thinking about it. I pass time by created characters in my head and details about worlds they might live in.

Hello I'm Zen and I'm a roleplay addict. I've been addicted to roleplaying for about 9 years now and I just can't seem to stop myself. I can't sleep sometimes because my brain won't stop thinking of new plot devices and characters to play with. And it's not just roleplaying, but writing as well! I've even got carpal tunnel and I'm only 21. But I think my serious problem is finding people that I enjoy roleplaying with, or finding people that I enjoy playing with and keeping them on the site and away from real life.

Oh wait... Wait. We want them to have a life? Oh right. Gotcha.

*sigh*

It's just so frustrating Doc. I dunno, you think I can be cured?

I've probably involved myself in more roleplays than I can handle. Right now I am in three one on ones, a DnD and I also am writing a story with a friend. The last time I roleplayed was about 6 months ago so I am feeling a little stressed. But I really can't help myself when I see a plot that I would really like to join. I have a feeling it might just be the holidays stressing me out though making it hard to write. It should be easier now! At least until I end up joining more roleplays.

It's a terrifyingly wonderful curse.

>Have no internet access for like a week over the holidays.

>Lose all will to live (or at least wake up any time before 2 in the afternoon).