Rogues Gallery - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valor Linens

The young woman narrowed her eyes at the white haired boy while he explained how he can feel what he so call gravitation fields. Also, that he knows she can teleport.

"You're connected to gravity? Gregory, right? As in...how connected?"
She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, can you press people onto walls or fly in loop-d-loops in the sky or something like that?"

She carried on asking, she wanted to see if the boy Actrally had unnatural powers, and if he would risk reveling them in public with all the chaos going on. Before the strangely electronic voice came in again, suggesting that perhaps everyone here has powers. Which, really isn't that big of a stretch if you think about it. But, Valor thought to herself, are they really feeling so confident, to the point that they're going to revel it here?

In before a rusty peice of metal...it could be a truck, barged into the road with no account of the people who are standing there. The speed of the truck and the dust it picked up made Valor stepped back a few steps, just back enough to step on something.

The item made a cracking sound, upon better examination, it was your average aluminum can. The faded words printed on it was barely visible, but it seems to be a beer can. Valor raised her head to check the roof, she never gave the place a good look since the group gathered beneith was way more entertaining to watch.

Picking up the beer can and tossing it along with the others on the rooftop area, it was clear that there was a party up here. Strange, holding a beer party on the top of a club and not inside the club. There was a small patch of ground that shined a metallic light, it seemed like a door. Looking down at it, it wasn't see through at all , without proper understanding of the space, Valor can't complete nessecary progress to teleport, meaning no way to get inside. Unless...

She turned back towards the edge, the drunk was gone from his spot, and so was the young woman with him. In fact, the young woman was heading towards them.

"If you want to break in, I think I might have a better path."
Valor stretched her arms as she announced to the group below. "But hey, it's still too much for me to open. You guys can try, if you want." She paused for a bit, on purpose.

"If you can get up here. The smart sounding girl said something about powers right?"

Valor was slowly getting more sure about the fact that the others in the group had powers too, and perhaps she'll get to see if her prediction is right or not.

Josué furrowed his brow at Gregory. It'd been a while since he heard anything academic given his work as a longshoreman, and he needed a minute. He raised a hand to scratch at the back of his head with nails just barely grown past his fingertips. Gregory confused him, with all the information he shared. "I really don't want to get into the body count of a bootlegger right now." He said, starting to lean back and slowly disengage from him and Romee. He nodded at them with a weak smile, and turned back to the truck that sped past, with its musty smells and aussie accents so familiar to him that he didn't bat an eye.

What can I do? All I have is the power to twist someone in a corkscrew. That's not what anyone needs right now. It sucks, since I'm sure nobody here is gonna turn me in for it. I have people who might depend on me, and I can't help them right now.

Seeing the young drunk board the truck was nothing; it's clear his part in this was over. He blinked a few times, and before turning to face the door, Valor spoke up. Josué glanced up at her, and shrugged his shoulders when she seemed to ask for input. "I'd love to, but I can't just get up there in an instant. I figure it'd be time-sensitive. Take him instead." Josué mumbled, jabbing a thumb at Gregory. He then looked down at the pavement, and sighed.

Josué adjusted his beanie, and sat down against the wall. He looked up from where he sat, eyes back on Valor. "I'm sorry." He said, looking back to his feet.

I should've showed up to work today. Or failing at that, I should've drank with my boss today.

@RecentlyInsaneRussian @Cresion Breezes

Last edited by a moderator:
And so she held the damn thing in front of them.

The lithe Latina had one hand on a hip as it jut out. With the other hand, she swept the ancient plastic beast in a semi-circle, seeing if she could get a rise out of them. Any of them.

She cleared her throat at the other girl wearing a very cool designed mask when it was in her direction. Then she moved the displayed cellphone on over to the towering fella with the cocksure smile on his face. Sway made a couple of kissy sounds at him; sounds that one would make at a dog to 'come here.' Then over to the-- anda... what a hottie --blue tipped brunette while making a light inward hissing noise that sounded rather pleasurable actually. Then over to the dude with the beanie-- he made a thumbing motion towards the taller fellow and instantly proceded to plop on down on the pavement.

"I'm sorry." He said to the young woman on the roof, before looking back to his feet.

To Sway, he looked Latino. And so to him she had to express her disdain. She shook her head then shrugged her shoulders with much over-exagerration. "Sorry? For what! Be a man, man..." she tossed a chinbob at JC, "iVamanos, chico! You just give up? Let's go get that blanca loca, man!"

Still shaking her head she let out a breath that was more of a sound of disgust. No one wanted to go after the trap setter? "Pendeja..." said Sway with a growl as she leaned forward, taking three huge running strides then-- BOOM!!

Launched up high like a rocketing mortar was the lithe Latina. Her teeth clamped together in a lightning white sneer as she now began her descent on the roof of the Sahara. From up here she saw the messily placed furniture, centred cooler and the cans strewn about like fallen confetti. The black leather overcoat she wore snapped and flapped away, revealing her skimpy white baby doll dress beneath. It too flew upward, leaving those below with a surprising, and rather sexy, peekaboo at her lacy whites covering her lady parts.

A bit out of practice was the young Freak, for she had over shot her mark, which, was supposed to be right beside the bespectacled teen. Her landing would find her closer to the furniture; and it was a bit rough too. Not clumsy, just her timing was off. Again she was a bit out of practice to show off her 'epic hero posed landing' but still Sway held the fist to the ground, one knee down pose. It was not as epic as she would have liked, but still nice looking nonetheless; and she did not lose Danny's hat either! It was, however, very loud. Boom!! The cans went flying and the chairs toppled away. Sway had to overcompensate her lost timing by tossing down a concussive blast stronger than she would have liked, if only to soften her landing.

"And what about the powers...? Is that what you want to see, chicatita...?" with a flourish of her overcoat, Sway rose to her feet, spinning as she did so. Marching towards the teen with much oomf-in-the-hips now, she of course held out the ancient plastic beast towards the teleporting youth, "this how you lure the Freaks out? So cheap, man! Ughs! So. You work for the 'I'm-not-in-the-mood' Samuel?"

Glinting from behind the lavishly patterned white skull mask, eyes that were once bright and sparkling light hazel were now hued pitch dark. Just like a tomb. A dead humoured smirk pulled up at the corner of full lips.

"What is your name, chicatita...?" she asked softly as she raised the ancient plastic beastly cellphone up to Valour's face. She did not care right now if the people in the truck witnessed her little Freak show. Or anyone else for that matter. If they had a problem with her, they would be next after she was done dealing with Sammy's little lapdog here... "My name is Sway. You know it, girlfriend? Maybe that's why you called me out to this little party? Nice little rooftop fiesta you gots going on here, no?"

And then the controlled inhale. Sway would wink and instantly thereafter, the pretty little young thing in front of her would be picking out shrapnel of exploded ancient plastic beastly cell phone and fishing for shards of broken glasses from the back of her pretty little young skull.
<~~~<★>~~~>​

Last edited:
Valor Linens

While Valor was think about if she should teleport the young man who just responded to her up onto the roof, another sound caught her attention. There was the sound of footsteps that clicked against the ground, and they were getting faster, and faster. The footsteps were like the countdown of a timed bomb, because before Valor could actually turn her gaze to the sound a shape of a human came flying though the sky.

It was the young woman, with long curled hair and caramel colored skin who was talking to that drunken teen. It appears that she was propelled by a force up to the sky. She would have landed right beside Valor, but almost instinctively the tomboyish girl vanished from her spot and reappeared a few meters away from the landing site.

It turns out that was the correct choice, since a blast suddenly came from the ground right after that bold young lady's landing, knocking the littered cans and chairs around. A blast like that, if focused, would be able to break that little trap door, or probably just tear down the entire ceiling of the second floor. Valor just looked at her, with a long leather overcoat covering a white dress, and that pretty laced mask, with a knee and fist down on the ground. Just like the entrance of a comic book heroine.

But then it became clear that the teamwork plan would probably be called off when the "heroine" started marching up at Valor, in a very...aggressive way.

"And what about the powers...? Is that what you want to see, chicatita...?"

Valor had a pinch of trouble understanding her familial tongue, Spanish, it seems like, but did understand her words. Normally, Valor would have answered the elegant looking lady like the properly raised white collar family child she was, because it was manners, and also, she have that cellphone held up in front of her. But this wasn't normally, since her tone of voice was screaming the emotion "death threat". Valor was never good at reading the atmosphere, but you'd have to be dumb to not feel threaten in this situation.

"Um..."

"this how you lure the Freaks out? So cheap, man! Ughs! So. You work for the 'I'm-not-in-the-mood' Samuel?"

"Um...No...?"

"What is your name, chicatita...?"

"It's-"

"My name is Sway. You know it, girlfriend? Maybe that's why you called me out to this little party? Nice little rooftop fiesta you gots going on here, no?"

After being cut off three times in a row, Valor's eye slightly twitched under her glasses lens. Not because she was cut off, mostly because she didn't know about half of thing stuff she was cut off about. There was no way to properly talk like this, she needs a way to calm this girl's flames. So right in front of the currently very aggressive but nicely dressed beauty's eyes, the sloppily dressed, half awake tomboy vanished. In the same second reappearing a few meters behind the young Latina.

" Look who's on their period today, geez girl..." Valor muttered as she turned around. "First, what the hell is a Samuel. Second, I have no idea who you are." Valor drooped her head a bit to collect her thoughts, and took a deep breath.

"My name is Valor, and..." She raised her head and looked into the Latina's dark hazel eyes with the expression of a person who haven't slept for three days in a row, "...before you turn me into a chunk of dead meat," Valor teleported that ancient cellphone out of her coat pocket and into the air a few inches above the girl's long curly hair. It plopped down onto the fluffy dark brown hairstyle.

"...you might want to see this."

Eva Lucy LeBlanc

"I got no clue about this 'Samuel' guy but 'ey, it's s'all for you guys to worry about." Her gaze shifted from Tracy to the girl up top on the roof of the building, considering options. The girl up top seemed like she'd be calling the shots, though from what was being said, well, it all seems like things were just as confusing for them. It didn't all seem to line up perfectly.

The little group went from about zero to a hundred at the small little mention of freaks, and Eva muttered a quiet but slightly drawn out 'shit.' all to herself. The Latina did her little jump up to the rooftop and it was at this where Eva started to feel on edge. Much more on edge than she was before, though this whole set up? Yeah, didn't seem to fly. A handful freaks showing up here at the same time? Hard to play against someone's hand when you've got no clues and no tells to see. She turned to the other guy on the ground, shaking her head. Play it cool now, you're just passing through. At the very least stick around the block on the off chance this is worth something.

"You with that chick or somethin? She seems like a bit of a badass. I wouldn't get involved, Freaks usually cause trouble these days. At least that's what I've seen. Whole lotta 'em are crazy. That one up top too." The girl smirked just a tad, not waiting much for a response. Eva let out a soft 'heh.' before taking a few steps away from the building. She quickly spun around though, properly turning to address the one guy left down here. The girls up top seemed to have their engagement, and it was right about now where Eva wanted to divert the situation. "You want a few drinks? I'll pay if y'want an excuse to bail from these two. Unless you're staying for the absolutely shitty party which seems to be going on."

In the quick second she awaited a response, Eva inspected the guy in front of her, awaiting some queue of retaliation. She put both hands behind her back, although on a whim she could easily fight him off if need be. It didn't seem to be heading that way though, so Eva backed up a few paces, towards the end of the building. If he said nothing important, the girl would pass around the building before sticking by the water. Close enough to notice anything happening.

Josué Costa.

His eyes widened to owl-like proportions as he watched Charlie jump up to fight Valor on the roof. He had suspicions about both of them, but if one could vanish and the other could leap two stories, they were probably in the same boat as them. Better to let that problem work itself out than to jump in. His eyes were glued on her when Charlie stuck the landing, and he had to shake his head to snap out of it. It was just like some comic book, or some folk song.

Samuel wasn't important to him, he could figure out the mystery of the building on his own time. What made him perk up was Eva trying to talk to him. He'd gone largely ignored by the people he was the most afraid of, but this was different. He yawned loudly, turning to face Eva. Chances are, she was some goon with superpowers too. It's just a matter of when in the conversation she tries frying his brain or gutting him bare-handed.

"I don't know her. --The 'freak' business is a little strange to me. I know there are people who kill folks with eye-beams, but I have a perfectly stable job as a dock-worker. I'd rather you not talk down to me on my day off, but I won't hurt you over it. If you're here, you must be just like us." He said dryly, narrowing his eyes at her. Josué wasn't mad, really. Tired, definitely. He'd been lectured at by a dopeman, and watched a woman scale a building from the outside. This day was more eventful than most. He was used to loading and unloading ships with a handful of soccer hooligans, and drinking after work with his parents. "You know what? I'd love a pint right about now." He declared, holding an open hand out to Eva and walking towards her very slowly. A smirk slowly grew on him, but the fact that his eyes didn't shift with his mouth was telling. He wanted to look nonthreatening, but he really didn't care that much.

@Kit-n-Kat

Sway had missed seeing Valor teleport away the first time. And that was a huge mistake on the Latina's part.

One really good thing about having a 'shoot first, ask questions later' type of attitude was that it got you some serious rep out there in the streets. When people heard that the Dayla siblings were out to 'ask you a few questions,' those people who knew that they had wronged the family began to tremble in their boots. The thing about the enforcer trio was that they were as effective as they were unified. They anticipated each others moves, teamed when need be, split away if they needed to regain the advantage in a fight. They fed off of each other and had each others backs. Serious rep yes, but one bad thing was that such an attitude could get you in some serious trouble, especially if a Dayla sibling was alone. Like right here, right now...

The shockwave that was to explode the phone and shove shrapnel into Valor's face failed to come to fruition. Instead, when the other girl vanished into thin air, hazel eyes widened in shock and full painted red lips parted in a huge 'O' shape. In that moment when the other Freak announced her power, Charlie was forcefully thrust to realize a glaring error in her tactics. The Epiphany was so strong she nearly peed herself. Oh, she had a feeling that once this teen disappeared, she would rematerialize somewhere close, somewhere tactically advantageous. Like right behind Sway.

The Epiphany was not the realization of Valor's power. No, The Epiphany was that Sway was terribly inexperienced and ill suited to enforce alone against another Freak with 'slippery' kind powers. That, and Charlie realized that if Valor was holding a gun when she winked out and winked back in, Sway would have taken a bullet, maybe even two into the back of her skull and it would be Sway picking out pieces of shrapnel out the back of her skull and not the other way around.

<~~~<★>~~~>​

Sway had to assume that Valor had pulled a gun and was raising it up to the back of her head right now. Her only hope was to wheel around and blindly spray the entire area behind her, full force, and hope she was in time to--

"First, what the hell is a Samuel. Second, I have no idea who you are."

The expression upon the Latina's face went from one of a woman about to scream her final breath and unleash Hell upon this earth, to instantly, the expression with wide, doe-y eyes, lips forming an 'O' shape once more. No gun. No threat. The other young lady just sounded a bit annoyed; she was even looking downwards! This was not a fight. Not at all. This other Freak, she--

"My name is Valor, and..." She raised her head and looked into the Latina's dark hazel eyes with the expression of a person who haven't slept for three days in a row, "...before you turn me into a chunk of dead meat,"

--she was just a kid. No, this was not a fight--

Something heavy, plasticky, ancient, and beastly fell into her kinky hair and found itself stuck there. "...you might want to see this."

--for if it was it was over before it even started. Valor could have teleported anything beside Charlie's head. And if that ancient cellphone instead had been a bit of explosive set to go off in a few seconds--

"Boom..." said Charlie neath her breath, "you got me, chicatita..."

A deep inhale and long, slow exhale did Sway give out as she lowered her hands at ease now. Hopefully her mask covered up the heated pinks rising upon her cheeks. If not, then so be it; Sway had been bested and it was time to concede. Now to see just exactly what this heavy, plasticky, ancient, and beastly--

"Ay dios mios..." said Sway with a chuckle. As soon as she held the damn thing to untangle it from her hair, she knew exactly what it was. But she just had to see it, "No kidding, man... so I guess you are not Sammy's lapdog afterall...? No dead meat then, supongo que no..." It was the closest thing to an apology Valor would get from Sway.

"Valor, right?" she said as she compared both ancient cellphones together, flipping them open and closed, turning them over and round and round, as if they would reveal more clues as to why they were summoned here, "...so that like short for something...? I dated a girl named Valerie once... loca, loca, loca, chica... sexy! But ay, cray-to-the-cray, man. Or that like meaning you are... brave? Like a some kinda' heroic soldier, no? Yeah, right... check out my girl right here with her glasses... La 'Poof!' Soldado...! I joke, I joke... cuz you're okay in Sway's books, man. Nice powers too. You gots some good Freak goin' on, girl! Yeeeeahhh!!"

A long-lashed wink and a playful chinbob she tossed at the other girl to show that she meant no harm. That, and Chicatita, La 'Poof!' Soldado was kinda cute in a frumpy, glasses wearing, weirdo white girl kinda way. She had nice boots too--a slinking, slow-moving smile spread across full reds lips in a very sly and sensual way. Rrrawrrr... wonder what those legs look like underneath--callate! She's just a kid...!

Sway coughed twice then cleared her throat. Once recomposed, she began to saunter over to the teen, the much too young and very underaged little teeny girl, Charlie would like to add, while holding out Valor's cell to return it to her. The other phone she tucked back into her inner coat-pocket. "And I don't know who this Samuel is. But that drunk kid, Tracy, with those mutha' truckers down there, he mentioned that this Samuel was not in the mood to talk. Maybe he sent for us here? But no 'Hola! Hey, you guys, welcome! Have some gunshots or something!!' Is strange, no?"

Towards the others on the street below now, Sway cast her gaze. A series of rattling and clicking sounds came from her mouth as she ran the bead of her tongue piercing against the back of her teeth; Sway remained in thought for a second or two. Now it was the lithe Latina who was curious to see if these others were Freaks as well and curious to see just what kind of powers they did have. Maybe get some more answers for all of them. Speaking of which...

"So. You think Sammy is in there?" Sway now turned back to Valor and jerked her head at the direction of the roof surface beneath them, "so what now, Chicatita, you going to poof! your way in there and unlock it for us..."

A knowing wink, and killer smirk she tossed over at Valor as she cracked her knuckles, "... or should Sway just knock...?"

<~~~<★>~~~>​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.