Rock Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abele paused a moment, blinking owlishly at the other man, before beginning to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. He had been expecting Struan to know what a car was; after all, 'gods' were supposed to be all weren't they? And yet, a car, a common machine of all things, managed to escape being known by them. So, out of a bit of surprise and amusement, he continued to laugh a bit longer, before he regained his composure. The late night, it seemed, had really gotten to him, if he found something this simple funny.

"It's a car, moron." He said, keeping the door open "You drive it to places, it doesn't kill anything. Well, if you hit someone it does, but no one inside the car gets injured too often. Now, I'd personally like to get home, so could you get in the damn thing already?"

"Don't fucking laugh at me," he bitterly responded, albeit under his breath. As tough as he was, and as happy as he was to brutally kill someone as already displayed that night, there was one thing he couldn't stand: being laughed at. It did degenerate him into a sullen, moody teen-like presence, pouting and glaring without actually providing a coherent response, because he could rarely respond when someone laughed at him. It did genuinely hit him hard.

He could, however, get over it quickly, shooting him a wary glare before taking a seat in the vehicle, awkwardly sitting until growing a tad more confident, lounging back with feet placed up on the dashboard. "I could still ruin you, let's remember that. You laugh at me, but if I dragged you to my realm, you wouldn't last a day. Can you control magic? Can you cause earthquakes and misery? No? But hey, you can drive a car, that's super important too."​

He got into the events side, buckling his seat belt "Yea, yea, world of pain, torture, and death, I get it. Now, get your feet off the dashboard and put the seatbelt on. I will attempt doing it myself if you don't." He replied, waiting to start the engine til Struan complied. After all, he wasn't keen on getting pulled over at 11 at night; that'd just be a bit annoying. He just wanted to head home and see if this would fix itself in the morning.

If he wasn't so exhausted from the day's events (even if he had done nothing but sleep before the summoning), then he would have easily continued to make himself as awkward and as irritating as humanly (well, as godly) as possible. However, he was physically drained, leaving him to obediently do as asked as attempted awkwardly to buckle himself into the car. The last thing he wanted was to get help from the human, though the longer he struggled, the more he appealed reluctantly.

"Just help, would 'ya?" He spat angrily, sitting back with eyes focused on anything other than the human. "And I want cake. You have cake here, don't you? I want cheesecake. As a God, I expect you to fetch it for me. I am, after all, more important than you~"​

Abele rolled his eyes a bit, leaning over and helping put the buckle in. He should have figured that the god would need help, considering he didn't know what cars were in the first place. Though, he was a bit surprised that Struan actually do the task ; Abele expected him to refuse.

"You can keep on dreaming with that demand." He replied, leaning back in his own seat once more and starting up the engine "Unlucky you, don't buy things that I don't need. So, no, you're not immediately getting cheesecake. It's also 11 and night, so all I'm going to be doing is SLEEPING. Try again tomorrow."

"Nobody asked you to sacrifice your time to worship to a God you didn't believe in," he grunted bitterly, his clearly grumpy remarks not just confined to the human, no matter how awful he felt he was. He would easily treat anybody like this, friend or foe, and perhaps the fact he disliked Abele only set the other out for worse treatment than usual. Hell, perhaps he shouldn't be so cocky.

Slumping against the chair when his demand was unsurprisingly refused, he did rest back, seemingly nicely, until reaching to act as childishly as possible - interfering with the mechanics of the car by pushing any button he felt like, and adjusting the gear stick with a faux innocent smile. "No cheesecake, huh? Ooh, give me a go at the wheel, huh-- I'm not asking, I'm telling. Unless you buy me some cake because, y'know, I am pretty important an' all."​

Abele was going to die on this car ride. He was going to die, and it would be painful. Why? Because he had a moron sitting next to him. Now, he knew Struan didn't know how cars worked, but the man obviously knew he probably shouldn't touch things- it just made SENSE. Yet, here he was, touching every single damn thing within his reach. Abele felt like he was bonded to a five-year-old rather than a ageless being of destruction.

He ground his teeth a bit, hands gripping the wheel "If you don't stop, I will make us WALK THERE. No cake and walking sound like a HORRIBLE TIME, and I'm sure it would be to you too. So stop TOUCHING things." He demanded, stopping the car, as thankfully no one was on the road, and fixing everything. Or, well, trying to. He wasn't sure that he could find everything that had been messed with. "Jesus Christ, you're a spoiled brat. Do you just get everything you want usually? Is that why you act like this?"

"I get whatever I want, whenever I want it, yes. You know why? Because I'm a God," he gloated again, happy to continually reflect upon how utterly important he was; how he was far beyond this simple human, and just why that sense of entitlement ought to be honoured. Flopping back with a now content smile, seeing he had pissed the other off greatly, he simply rested his hands behind his head with feet perched back onto the dashboard.

"I'll behave, but I still expect to get what I ask for," he piped up joyously, his devious eyes flicking open to glance him over. "Because I think I can cause you pain without physically touching you. Messing with the car and having it crash seems logical. Especially when I won't die along with you."​

"You don't have proof that you won't." Abele grumbled, looking back at the road "And feet off the dashboard. I'm not catering to your every want, god or no, because you're a fucking moron. Christ. Do you have any sense of remorse? Empathy? Common Sense? I'm guessing no. Maybe it's natural for morons of any species not to have those."

He paused a moment, considering whether or not to start the car once more, before deciding to go for it. Hopefully the other wouldn't try and crash the car in the short ride to the apartment. Maybe, even, he'd stay quiet. That would be a blessing in itself.

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response," he muttered, simply turning his body to the right a tad to avoid facing the other, his eyes glued again outside into the passing scenery and, out of stubbornness, letting his crossed feet remain settled on the dashboard. Surprisingly, he was able to keep his emotions to himself, whereas usually he would be weak to his own desires and would say everything on his mind. In this instance, however, he sat as quiet as a mouse, silently fuming inwardly and, for his own calm, planning the destruction of the human when he could hurt him physically. That was something to look forward to, no matter how far in the future it could be.

However, eventually he talked again. Hell, he didn't have it in him to sit consistently silent. Pigs would fly before he sat silent for more than a minute.

"I don't care, by the way, what you think of me. I can go through my life -my eternal life- without caring what a stupid, ugly little human thinks of me."​

"....very convincing." Abele responded dryly "I'm SURE you don't care. I mean, that's why you're so annoyed that I don't worship you 'like I should', right?" He glanced briefly over at the man, raising an eyebrow "And why you're saying this to me in the first place. I'd think that you cared less if you just said nothing, to be honest. It'd also be a less annoying car ride. But I'm pretty sure you don't care about the latter."

He sighed to himself, thinking over how he could possibly do all the things he needed to do with this guy in tow. It seemed unlikely that anything in his life would go well from this point on; after all, Struan seemed like he was intent on making Abele miserable. In truth, Abele couldn't REALLY blame him. However, he could still stop being a fucking brat; that'd be great too, in his opinion. Of course, that wasn't about to happen, and he knew it.

"Oh, gosh no. I'd rather it be annoying and irritating for you. If you aren't going to show me an ounce of respect, the respect I, as a God, deserve, then I'm going to make your life hell. Why not, hm? It's sort of what I do," he snapped in response, fiddling with a few more buttons purely to irritate him further as indicated, though did stop the moment music blared out from the radio. From the look of hatred crossing his face, it was clear that he really didn't appreciate the generic pop hit blasting his eardrums.

"This. This music is absolutely dreadful. Is this what passes as music in your little realm?" He snapped in annoyance, miserably jabbing some buttons in an effort to turn it off, though, accidentally lowering the volume passed as a success too. "In my superior realm, we only have the very best. Classical music, hm? Actual music, not pathetic droning and upbeat notes. It makes me ears bleed."​

"Somehow, you're making it harder for me to try and respect you." Abele replied dryly "And it's pop music If you don't like it, you can expect to hear it a lot over the course of the next few days." He turned the wheel, going onto a different stretch of road that would lead directly to where the apartment building was as he continued to speak "We have classical music, but I'm not putting it on after this fiasco. Rude people don't get 'good music' privileges."

And here, again, he felt like he was scolding a child. This would probably be a recurring feeling, considering what he had witnessed from the other man. Since he was basically a child personality wise, it wouldn't be all that surprising.

"Fiasco? I haven't done a single thing wrong. You were the one who dragged me from my home; you were the one with the psycho friends who wanted me here. Deal with it," he simply responded, adjusting the collar of his shirt as a way of distracting himself. Without a single distraction, he would easily have ended up causing the other's death by forcefully crashing the car for him. As desirable as it was, he knew it wasn't entirely an option - if Abele did die, then he really didn't know if he could find a way back to his realm.

After all, Abele's cult would hardly want him to leave after spending weeks planning to summon him. The last thing he wanted was to spend the next few centuries stuck in the human realm being worshipped by a bunch of nutters in long hoods.​

"They aren't my friends." Abele replied, a bit irritated "They dragged me into this because I apparently had some 'magic aura' around me. It's bullshit, but they pestered me more than you have in the last five minutes, and that's rather amazing."

He parked the car, and got out, not really keen on hearing anything else from Struan for the rest of the night. He needed peace, quiet, and sleep. Especially since he has work tomorrow, too. He was a bit worried on this would work out, but he couldn't do anything about it; controlling the God didn't seem to work well, and he count just not go.

"So, is this your place?" He commented absently, hardly able to keep the complete pretension from arriving in his voice, eyeing the apartment complex with eyebrow raised. "Honestly, this is utter shit too, isn't it? Hardly like my place. I live in an astonishing home. Ten bedrooms, as many bathrooms, complete and utter luxury--"

"Abele! Hey, I fetched that honey you really wanted to try. Cost me a bomb to buy, mind you, but hey, you're worth it!" A voice rather musically piped up. It was late, exhaustedly so, but the voice's owner strolled up to the couple nonetheless, a bright smile on her face until spotting the man accompanying Abele. The owner was a somewhat young girl of around twenty, pretty and lively with a vibrant, dimpled smile and, perhaps her most attractive feature, a pair of bright, uniquely coloured green eyes to compliment her olive complexion. Living opposite Abele in the complex, she had inevitably becoming rather pally with him, occasionally popping over to hang out-- and not once had she seen him with this tall, odd man. "Hey, you must be a friend of Abele's from that weird little cult, huh? I'm Eliza. Liz is cool, though-- you are~?"

"Oh, do be quiet, your voice is utterly irritating." Struan responded flatly, making a show of rubbing his temples and causing the energetic young woman to frown. "I'm not a friend of Abele's. What a disgusting thought..."​

Abele elbowed Struan pretty roughly, shooting him a glare. He couldn't even be polite for five seconds, could he? Apparently, that wasn't possible. He really wished Eliza would've just been in bed at this point, to avoid the encounter all together. But, he wasn't getting out of this, so he could try apologizing and then leaving. That might work.

Abele flashed a smile at her, trying his best to look relaxed and not annoyed "He's just a guest. I'm doing a favor for a friend. This is...." he paused a moment, before going on "Carlos! The friends brother. He can't pay his rent, so he's staying with me til he can get a decent job, you know?" He shrugged a little "Anyway, the honey part is great, but it's kind of late. Maybe tomorrow after I'm back from work?"

"I was out at the nightclub -you know, the manager gives me awful shifts- but... sure I can get you the honey tomorrow," the bright girl responded, her eyes, despite being just as warm, now glancing cautiously at Struan. Not only was she a little wary of him for his clear attitude problem and brutal honesty, but she had never actually heard his name mentioned before. Having been Abele's friend for the best part of two years now, she thought his name would have cropped up in a passing murmur or comment, but to have heard nothing? It did confuse her.

However, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Easily confused and clumsy, intelligent wasn't something she was described as being, so any possibility of working out Abele was deceiving her wasn't that high. In fact, within moments, she was simply smiling at the two again.

"Carlos, huh? Great to meet you!" She beamed, holding out her hand until realising he wouldn't respond to the handshake, and wearily retracted it with an excitable murmur to her friend. "Carlos is pretty darn handsome, Abele-- anyway! I'll see you both tomorrow or something with that honey~"

"Carlos? Honestly?" Struan mumbled, watching the vibrant girl dash into the apartment building. "Why didn't you tell her the truth? That I'm the God you've been trying to summon? My gosh, Abele, you live such a sad, pathetic life."​

"Shut up. I can't tell people you're a God, you idiot, that'll get me killed, and unlike you, I'm AGAINST that." Abele replied, rolling his eyes "And yes, it is sad and pathetic, I accept that much. Actually, I accepted it before you even came here. You've just made it worse."

He trudged into the building, pulling out his keys. He didn't care whether or not Struan liked the place, he had to stay in it and he couldn't do anything about it. So that was that. He wasn't about to let the god get whatever he liked, as he was trying to do already. This might be the only task he could succeed in, but it was at least something. He turned back to glance at Struan, before sighing a bit to himself. It was going to be a long night.

"I hope you know what an elevator is." He said nonchalantly "Because we're taking that. Don't make it break, or....well, if I die, I'm not sure what happens to you, but I'm sure SOMETHING does, so just don't do it right away."

"Don't patronise me. I'm omniscient. I know a great deal of things. Just because I didn't know what a car was, doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the concept of an elevator," he ridiculed laughably, rolling his eyes in derision at the other's attempts to enlighten him. Though it was clearly all bravado. He was as clueless as ever on the prospect of what an elevator was, but if it held the capacity to kill the human, then Struan was already moderately a fan of it.

"Just... let's get to your damn apartment so I can get to sleep," he seethed, rubbing his neck as he opted to trudge behind, rather than beside him. "I care very little about your whining, to be honest. You and the company you keep are my idea of hell."​

Status
Not open for further replies.