Road Trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning around, Urban usually dancing brown eyes are downcast. "I hope so. You know, you know I can't go like this. I love you all so much, but I can't afford to risk the rest of my life for this. And call me a hypocrite all you want, I was the one that brought y'all your first liquor bottle and pound'a weed, but... I can't function like this." Urban breaks into another coughing fit.

Reactions: AnnaBelle <3
" I know... I really do understand you and I realize what consequences lay ahead of you if we continue to do what we are doing." Kayla replied calmly looking at Urban as she placed her hand on his shoulder. " At least your showing some type of mature attitude then the usual partying Urban attitude." she smiled with a smirk and blushed a little. " Times are changing and were all growing up, if you want to take your car instead than that should be fine...?" she added smiling as she started to walk back to the smoky hippie van.

Reactions: Herondale
Urban takes a deep breath, following after Kayla. "And drive alone across the country, by myself? Hell no."

She walks ahead back to the van and sits down in the driver's seat. "Okay let's get this show on the road, I guess I'm driving then... Hello Miami! " she starts the minivan, clicjs on her seatbelt, exited the parking lot, and drove straight towards the entrance to the highway. "I hope I'm not the one stuck driving for the next couple of days... that'll would really suck to be everyone's babysitter. Otherwise, I'll find well my own way to Miami..." she shrugged and gazed upon the sunrise and the empty road.

Urban leans in the front, avoiding the hash smoke, and slips in one of his many mixtapes he's brought, We Are The Champions by Queen being the title track of the first CD. The Latino boy collapses in the very back seat, stretched out like a cat, and singing very off-tune to the music.

Alone in the driver's seat, Kayla pops in one of her ear buds and start listening to "Drive"- Incubus and she smiles looking over at the horizon as the sun comes up. She tunes out all the chatter from the back and stays in tune with the road.

Caroline thought about what Urban said more and more. Two words in particular stuck in Miss Ashley's head. Grow up. Crunch, another funyon, "If you don't want to drive the whole trip I could do some. I know I'm a bit unpracticed but, I can manage." Caroline didn't feel like crying anymore, the pot helped. Thoughts, words, and ideas, no longer flowed through her head. It was just an empty road through a dirty windshield, and the taste of funyons in her mouth.

Caroline knew she probably wouldn't smile for the rest of the trip, she knew it was fun in the first part, of course the little bit of ecstasy that hadn't worn off yet probably helped her feel alive. Now, she knew it was gone, replaced by with subtle calm of weed. Caroline knew that even if the drugs did make her feel something, her normal, real, and unaltered self is back to the ways it always is. Empty, and depressed.

Urban groans, curling to the side and hiding his head under his baggy shirt. "Hell no, Caroline, you're not driving, you're shit-faced stoned and obviously on something buzzy. I know a needler when I see one."

"I'll drive tomorrow." Caroline squinted her eyes at Urban,"You alright there mister hissy fit?" Words flowed from Carolines mouth like silver, painting her saliva, her tongue, and her teeth. It was a weird feeling to be sure. Suddenly Caroline was dizzy and turned back to looking at the road. Car sickness was the worst, thats why she always liked to sit in the front. Eating another funyon didn't make it any better. Looking into the bag she realized it was half empty.

Urban doesn't move a muscle except for raising his middle finger up at her. "Low blow, Caroline. Low blow." The boy was feeling disgusting, even worse than before. He could feel the blunt smoke entering his lungs, the absinthe air floating around him, making him want to throw up. He's been completely sober for six months, and he can't let it go now.

This trip could be either heaven or hell, he decided.

Onxy just sat in the back staying quiet. As they started down the road his mind drifted off a bit but regardless he stayed slightly 'there', in a sense that he knew where he was and what was basically going on, but deeper down he fought a war that kept him distracted. "Can someone turn on the radio? And if there is a tape deck I have one in my bag I wanted to let all of you listen to." He called, wanting nothing more than to distract himself for a while at least.

Urban calls out from under his shirt/blanket, "Ya hear my mixtape on, you doof, O?" Let It Be by The Beatles was crooning from the speakers.

" I wanna hear the Hindrix man, Gotta love it." He called back to Urban. Onxy really like Hindrix, Zepplin, and other musicians from that time. "But I guess I will roll with The Beatles for about a hundred more miles or so before it goes to Hindrix."

Urban snorts from the back. "Do you know me at all, Onyx? I got Hendrix in there, Jesus fucking Christ, boy."

"Forgive me you highness Urban, hahah." He laughed and sat back, and lit a cigarette, smoking slowly.

"Forgive me you highness Urban, hahah." He laughed and sat back, and lit a cigarette, smoking slowly.

" Any one down for Led Zepplin or Rush?" Kayla called out, taking out her earbud quickly; as she rummaged for the tapes in her bag that sat on the passenger seat. She continued to keep her eyes on the road and ran her fingers through her flowing brown hair. The fresh, cool, summer breeze blowing from the open window. "This feels so awesome... Im going to miss California, and the great beaches and places. This is going to be a new start for me... and I can't wait. I bet the others are just excited as I am"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Zeppelin or Rush? Music is music. Just listen to it." Caroline looked out the window for a few seconds before looking back. "Music is how you listen to it. You listen to it full of hate, the music sucks. You listen to it chill, the musics good. So stop complaining. Just be chill and listen to the music."

Caroline began to bop her head. Caroline was lost in the music, the music flowed into her filling her head, like water flowing into a bucket. Swaying back and forth her head sloshed around, water started spilling out, she began to sing along.

"Okay, okay gosh, calm down.." she replied popping the Led Zepplin CD into the tape deck. We were getting close to Arizona and just getting close to the Colorado River. "Anyone down to stop and take a swim? It's pretty sunny outside!" Kayla said happily looking in the rearview mirror to everyone and kept her eyes fixed on the road ahead.

Urban bounces up, embracing any chance to get out of the car. "I'm in. We're still days away from Ithaca, so... I have a little space to party, don't y'all think?"

Status
Not open for further replies.