Road Trip: Eleven Weeks to go (Minamoto Thunder & Jade162)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Lightning

Edgeknight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
Monday: N/A | Tuesday: All Day | Wednesday: N/A | Thursday: N/A | Friday: 9:30PM-12:30AM | Saturday: N/A | Sunday: 12:00PM-3:00PM *Times are set at Pacific Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Realistic, Romance, Horror, Modern, Scifi, Zombies, Action, Adventure, Fandom, Drama
For the past four years, Yolanda had it all. A loving Fiancée, a Best Friend who cares deeply for her, a Loving Family and now, a little one on the way. However, just when she announces that she is expecting, her relationship took a terrible turn; her Fiancé starts to treat her horribly, emotionally and mentally, most likely out of jealousy for the baby. However, he eventually takes it too far and hits her one night, which drew the last straw and he would land in Jail, where he would get a 30-Day Sentence and two weeks of rehibilitation, followed by a chat with her sisters, and a beating from her brothers. But at the urging of her Family, Yolanda decides to take her Babymoon a bit earlier then expected, albeit with her Best Friend, who has been caring for her throughout her pregnancy, besides her Sisters and her Mother.

My Character

Name: "I'm proud of who I am."
Hyun-Rin Kwon

Nickname: "That's my English Name."
Yolanda

Female

Sexuality: "Straight all the way, sorry."
Heterosexual

Personality: "Don't judge me."
-Kind: Ever since she was a child, her mother taught her how to show sympathy, tenderness and generosity not just to people she already know for so long but also to people she just met or in other words everyone, which results to her friendly nature and easy to get along personality.

-Weak: Although not physically weak but emotionally weak; just one rude comment can make her burst into tears and fall down but she hates this part of herself, often times she would hide this side of herself and only shows it to the people very close around her or more often just bottle it all up inside of her.

-Obedient: Before becoming a servant in the palace, she already know how to obey the people that she needs to respect and she's always always willing to obey everysingle thing that people asked her to do as long as it doesn't go too far and is still on her standards.

-Naïve: Because she grew up with old fashioned parents, it has been in here nature to be child-like and sometimes be too blunt at things that she needed to understand and know at her age but slowly, that will all change after being a servant at the palace.

-Yappy: With what we have said so far, you might misunderstand that she's quiet and taken back but you're wrong, there's also this side of her that's outgoing, talkative and sometimes high pitched way of talking and expressing herself.

-Understanding: Although sometimes she can't understand her feelings, she's a professional when understanding others, she can get a person's feelings and know what to do just by talking to her. This results to her forgiving side too, which sometimes becomes her dilemma 'cause even of someone did a really bad thing to her, she would forgive him/her easily even before s/he apologizes to her.

-Responsible: Family affects her life the most, they're all she has apparently until that one incident come and she have learnt to become responsible ever since, having 5 other siblings to support not only makes her strong but also triggers this feeling of being responsible to her siblings.

-Intelligent: Due to her family's poverty she didn't have the chance to go to school and learn but that didn't stop her, she read a lot of books and from there she knew more than a person going to school knows.

Why you decided to go on the road trip: "Just want to enjoy one last trip before I have my first baby...So I can guess you can say I'm on a 'Babymoon' if that makes any sense?"
Yolanda wants to get away from her fiancée who has been abusive to her both mentally and emotionally a little after she got pregnant, presuming that he is jealous of the unborn child. After one particular night, where he hit her, she decided that it was the last straw and called the domestic violence hotline while he was away. Police would go to his workplace and arrested him, where he is to serve thirty days in Jail and three weeks of rehabilitation. After that, he gets to deal with Yolanda's siblings, with a nice chat from her two sisters and a beating from her three brothers, something that she doesn't plan to be around for, but hopes that he will learn his lesson. Speaking of which, she is currently twenty-nine weeks pregnant with her first baby.

Bio: "Story of my life..."
Early Life to Young Adult Years: Yolanda was born into a fairly large family in Seoul, South Korea as the fourth of six children. She grew up poor in the vibrant city, but that didn't stop her from smiling. Around the time she was ten years old, her Family moved from their poverty stricken lifestyle to live in the United States. After two years of being in the United States, her parents would get well-paying jobs in order to take care of her and her siblings. Her Father joined the National Guard as a Military Policeman and her Mother opened up a Beauty Salon which quickly became popular. As time passed, her Eldest Brother Hisashi would also join the Military, eventually becoming a Navy SEAL. Her Eldest Sister Tracy would graduate from a prestigious University with a Master's Degree in Nursing and become a Obstetrician and Midwife. Her Second Oldest Brother Bryan would graduate from Community College with an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice, followed by graduating from Police Academy top of his class and is now a valued member of the SWAT Team. Yolanda herself would go to Vocational School for Auto Mechanics and is now working as a Mechanical Technician for the North American branch of Mitsubishi Motors Inc. Her younger sister Sarah would follow in their Mother's Footsteps and get a Bachelor's Degree in Cosmetology and start working at her Mother's Hair Salon, hoping to one day become owner of the shop. Her youngest brother Brandon is currently attending a prestigious University in hopes of getting a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering.

Present: Yolanda loved what she did for a living, especially working with Mitsubishi. Her Family is everything to her. Not only is she now a Mother-to-be herself, but she is a Loving Aunt. Hisashi has switched to the Reserves, wanting to settle down and raise a Family and is now happily married with two kids. Tracy too has settled down and is also happily married, except with three kids. Bryan is currently engaged and is planning on getting married soon. Yolanda herself is engaged as well, but is getting the rare occurrence of becoming a Wife and Mother at the same time, which is a first for her Family. Both her Younger Siblings, Sarah and Brandon are also currently in relationships, but have yet to consider marriage and settling down, with Sarah still feeling that she is currently too young and Brandon still being in School. While choosing Hisashi and his Sister-in-law Gwen to be the godparents, Tracy also seems to be happy that she gets to take care of Yolanda throughout her pregnancy, such as giving her medical advice and being the one that Yolanda sees during her prenatal check-ups. However, up until recently, Yolanda's relationship with her Fiancée Drake has taken quite an healthy term because he seems to be jealous of his unborn baby, which makes no sense to Yolanda because its his child that she is carrying. After one night that he hit her, she would call Bryan the following day to tell him about what happened, Drake would end up getting arrested (and badly beaten) by Bryan himself, shocking the rest of the Kwon Family. Bryan would get stuck with a desk job because of the beating, but most of his SWAT Teammates would defend his actions because it was indeed personal. At the urging of her siblings, Yolanda has decided to take a vacation and leave town for a little bit.

Appearance:
snsd-girls-generation-yuri-wallpaper-3-jpg.42064

Last edited:
Name: Natalya Kyrkov
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:
  • Intelligent
  • Protective of friends and loved ones
  • Stubborn
  • Often understanding
  • Sarcastic
  • Childish at times
  • Extremely serious with matters at work
  • Strong (Although not very much in physical terms)
Why you decided to go on the road trip:
Having been told of what had happened to her best friend, Yolanda, Natalya had made sure that if not anyone else, that she especially would be the one going on the 'vacation' with Yolanda.
Bio:
Growing up with two strict parents, it might've come off as a surprise that Natalya could at times be rather childish. When it comes to work, however, or any serious matter, she's the complete opposite and couldn't be anymore serious. Sent to the tip of the top schools, Natalya has one of the best education's someone could hope to get, and finished college early due to her fervent studying, along with the help of skipping at least four grades during elementary school.
Present:
She works as a CEO in a large office building, managing the business well, allowing it to prosper greatly beneath her directions. She hadn't given much time for relationships, and although she was surprisingly highly ranked in the looks department, she hadn't gone on a date since high school.
Appearance:
167482557.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Blood Lightning
After an abrupt and fairly horrifying night, Auto-Tech and Expectant Mother Yolanda Kwon has decided to take a little road trip with her best friend, at the urging of her family. Not only that, but she needed to get away from her Fiancé, needed some space and quality time with Natalya, whom her parents love to death, especially her Mother. Right now, her Fiancé, Drake, was sitting in Jail for Domestic Violence and Assault. Yep, he hit her...So there was a cut on her left cheek. Though now he's probably regretting his actions because he was badly beaten by the Officer that arrested him, who happened to be her Brother. While waiting for Natalya to drop by, she was making sure the house was spotless, every dish has been cleaned and every single piece of laundry was washed. After spending her morning cleaning left and right, practically against her will because of her "Nesting" instincts, she decided to rest in the living room all stretched out on the couch. She put one hand over her belly. "Wish Daddy wasn't so mean..." She mused.

Natalya had absolutely insisted that it would be the best choice, both for comfort and safety reasons, that Yolanda and herself should take the new SUV she'd gotten for their trip. Not only would there be enough room for everything they needed to take, but if Yolanda found it necessary there was also enough room for her to lay down in the back. Although it was increasingly rare for anyone from her work place to see her in anything but a pencil skirt and official, suit like tops, Yolanda was probably one of the only people whom she didn't feel the need to dress so nicely around. She ensured that she had packed everything that she would need, including a few extras of things. Along with this she packed plenty of snacks, among other various things. Natalya almost always had everything with her that one would think you'd need. Band-aid? Got it. Snacks? Got it. Water? Got it. Dressed that day in simple jeans and a rather casual t-shirt that she'd found in her closet, Natalya was on her way over to Yolanda's house when she pulled out her phone to call her best friend. She waited for an answer before she cheerily began talking perkily. "Ready? I'm heading over now. Don't worry about snacks, I've got that covered. I'll help you pack when I get there- So don't you dare start yet," As soon as Yolanda had notified Natalya that she was pregnant, well, she couldn't have gotten more protective over her friend, as if she hadn't been already. She was always insisted that Yolanda allow her to do things for her- To drive, go out shopping for her, cook for her, anything that she could to prevent Yolanda from doing much.

Yolanda was still upset over the fact that she couldn't fit into the pants, so for now, she was just wearing a dress, which she's been wearing a lot throughout her pregnancy. Although it was her first, she felt she got really big really fast. Normally, from what her sister Tracy and her Sister-In-Law Tasha told her, women who get pregnant the second time around are the ones that get bigger faster. When Natalya called, she picked up the phone immediately. "Yeah, I'm ready for you to come over. I'll be in the living room. The door's unlocked for you too." She felt the baby kick as she spoke with her best friend.

"Perfect! I'll see you soon." Natalya made sure Yolanda didn't have anything important to tell her of urgency before hanging up, and driving the rest of the way there. When she arrived, she was quick to practically bound from the car to the front door, casually opening it up before stepping in, and closing it behind her. She went straight to her best, pregnant friend, with open arms for an embracing hug. "How're you feeling? Not bad, I hope." She paused a moment, before insisting that they go to Yolanda's bedroom to pack.

When Natalya arrived, Yolanda got up straight away to give her a hug. "Every day, when I don't think I could possibly get any bigger and then I do." After she gave Natalya a hug, she figured that they should probably get packing. As they walked upstairs, Yolanda wondered why her Fiancé hit her. "Just wish Drake didn't have to hit me last night." The cut on her cheek stuck out like a sore thumb. As they got into her bedroom, Yolanda's suitcase was already sitting in the bed. All she had packed were her toiletries and it wasn't often she wore make up anyway. "Go ahead and look through my wardrobe. Pack what you like...As long as I can fit in it." Her current Wardrobe consisted mainly of maternity clothing and other clothes that could accomedate with her growing belly.

"Of course!" Natalya insisted, before shaking her head. She hadn't liked Drake in the first place- And if it were her who would've arrested him, she probably would've beat the shit out of him, too. She helped Yolanda pack a few more things, making sure there was an adequate amount of clothes for her best friend, before dragging the suitcase out to the living room. "Alright, is there anything else you need? If you forget, don't worry- I'll get anything you need for you while we're there, I promise."

Although Natalya wasn't very fond of Drake, he wasn't abusive at all when they first got together, which was around four to five years ago. It still didn't make sense to her when she started being abusive. While her Sisters thought he was jealous of the baby, even though it was his child that she was carrying, her brothers found him too controlling. Natalya thought the same as her Brothers, most notably Bryan, who was a Police Officer. Oddly, Drake was intimidated by her Brothers, especially Bryan and Hisashi, where Hisashi was a Navy SEAL and Bryan was on the SWAT Team. Although now, because Bryan beat up Drake, he was now stuck in the Gun Cage until he could be cleared of all charges. Not that the incident ruined his life, but Drake was probably going to be spending half of his Prison Sentence in the Infirmary. "I'm sure I have everything." She zipped her boots up and slipped on a Black Cardigan that she had in the closet. "Now c'mon, let's get going. Probably gonna want to beat the traffic." As Natalya loaded her Suit Case into the Back along with everything else, she just hoped into the Front Seat. The SUV was more then likely brand new, because it had that new car smell.

Natalya gave a brief word of agreement towards Yolanda while loading the suitcase into the back, then slipping into the drivers seat. "Alright, let's get this show on the road," She stated casually, slipping the key into the ignition with a simple, easy turn to start the engine. Pulling out onto the road, they were quickly on their way, although Natalya made sure never to go even a mile over the speed limit. "You can turn the radio to whatever fancies you,"

"Hmmm, no it's okay. Radio doesn't have the best songs in the world." Yolanda set down her purse behind her seat before tying her hair into a ponytail. She settled in to relax herself as Natalya drove. "So you found a guy yet?" She asked. Yolanda didn't know so much about Natalya's Love Life, so she was very curious. Of course her own was in the toilet because Drake was in Jail. As she looked out the window, she felt her baby kick. "It's okay. Mommy still loves you, even though she can't fit into her pants..."

Natalya made a face that would've resembled one that a child would've made when looking at a piece of broccoli. "I don't exactly look for guys, as I'm sure you know," She insisted with a small laugh. "I haven't found one that's appealed to me yet, anyhow. But, that's alright- I've made along just fine without one." She gave a small shrug, glancing towards Yolanda when hearing her friend speak again. "You are getting pretty big.." She teased lightheartedly. "Does it hurt?"

"Oh you know, nausea, heartburn, backache, frequent trips to the bathroom, people asking to touch your belly...No, it doesn't hurt at all." Yolanda answered in a sarcastic matter in response to her friend's tease. "You know, when you're pregnant...People will say a lot of interesting things...Some of them...Abrupt." She smiled.

"Then I guess it's a good thing I never plan on getting pregnant!" Natalya laughed, pretending to wipe invisible sweat from her forehead with the back of one of her hands. "I can't imagine going through all of that.. I mean.. I can't imagine who'd take my spot at work, even," She insisted, scrunching her nose slightly at herself briefly. "Tell me if you've got the sudden urge to pee, or if you get hungry. We can pull into a rest stop, or some restaurant, or both."

"Well, I was put on leave. Because Car Assembly and Pregnancy don't mix." She said, concerning her Job. "You sure are ambitious. You sure you don't want kids?" She asked. "My Brother's married with two kids and my Older Sister has three. They're all so adorable." She momentarily thought about her nieces and nephews. "But I can tell you now the five worst things that were said to me. They were interesting...Yet abrupt."

"Well, feel free to." Natalya welcomed, enjoying being able to talk to her friend this way, as Yolanda was probably the only person she actually did get to talk to in such a friendly manner, not to mention carefree. "No matter, I still don't plan on ever having a kid of my own. I'll just have to spoil yours," She lightly teased Yolanda with a friendly smile.

"It's so weird when people ask to touch the belly. I mean, I don't mind if it's you, my Sisters, my Mom or people in my Family. But it's so awkward when total strangers and co-workers ask. Like last week, before I was put on leave, one Co-Worker just said 'Wow, you're huge.' when he saw me clocking in. Another Coworker said 'Quite the beer belly you got there.' and I don't drink, which made it awkward. 'Wide load coming through' was really not funny, and that came from another coworker. 'You sure you're not having twins?' and that came from my Mom, which I found very insulting. Then the worst thing that was probably said to me...was "Wow, you got even bigger, I never thought it was possible." and that came from my little sister. But she didn't mean it that way." Yolanda started laughing.

Glad that Yolanda could at least still laugh about these things, Natalya shook her head with a small grin playing against her lips, giving a small laugh as well. "Wow." She stated. "That's a handful, surely. I think I would've already smacked someone's head off it anyone said that to me," She insisted, pretending to flex an arm to show invisible muscles that would never be there. "How do you ever deal with all that?"

"Half the comments I do sometimes find a bit humorous. Well...At least until someone touches my belly without asking." The baby started kicking where her hand was, which prompted her to look down. "But if my little sister wasn't related to me, she would've been slapped. I would be slimmer, but um...I have a baby growing inside of me, so I think I have the right to be bigger then I normally would be." She then pulled down one of the mirrors so she can put on a pair of purple feather earrings, which she took out of her purse.

Natalya nodded in understanding, glancing towards Yolanda's growing belly. "I can't imagine trying to get something that big out of.. Well, you know, down there." She stated with a growing, playful and teasing grin over her lips. "Don't worry, though, I bet your baby will be beautiful just the same- It has to be with such an awesome mother,"

Status
Not open for further replies.