Rivals OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have Walter go through with it then skip to the diner scene with some edited dialogue.

Okay. I think you should try to keep as much of the diner scene as you can. I loved the idea of 2050s being retro! :)

Okay. I think you should try to keep as much of the diner scene as you can. I loved the idea of 2050s being retro! :)
Kinda gimmicky that it's still '50's', but I figured I'd go for it. Gotta figure there's still a love of retro-style culture somewhere, especially in a big city.

Reactions: Quiet One
Though technically, since it's around the 24th century, it's less retro and more ancient. Like you were going to a restaurant themed after the Renaissance.

Yeah, may be better to change that date too.

Expect a finished product by Thursday!

I'm drawing a blank as to what sort of endurance the Rays would want to test... The obvious thing is randomly putting them into fight-or-flight situations, but I want it to be as much about the pilot's ability to reason and think through things (lending itself to a little bit of morality), but not something that would seem like stealth training stuff like avoiding tails, dodging patrols, etc.

I'm picturing a holodeck style video game, maybe the sort that people play all the time in the future. Like the next step for first person shooters; a digitally blanketed room that changes shape to its new environment.

For this game I think we should keep the enemies and objectives amorphous - in other words, look like different colored blocks or something. We can make one scenario be to take a gold ball from a group of red blocks and get away to a safe zone without being surrounded. Or maybe one where they do an obstacle course where they have to avoid these blocks and make it to the other end without being tagged. I also don't think we should give the players weapons, but give them tools in the environment to slow down the enemy blocks.

What do you think?

Reactions: ze_kraken
Ok, I think I've gotten it close enough to a point where I can sit down and finish it. That'll probably be tomorrow - I spat out about 800 words on a page today for a project I hastily left to the last-minute, so my muse is still set to 'caffeine overdrive' with a subroutine of 'academic writing'.

Okay. Just let me know when you're finished. It's looking good so far.

I think I'll leave the post at that for right now. I really want to keep that dialogue from the diner scene for when they actually get the butterflies, and if I add the diner scene, this'll end up being a mammoth post.

Yay! Was good. Later I'll post up a brief bit on the Crusader to show a little future first aid (Max got shot, after all) and then jump ahead to Aguaceles and the diner.

Started, but I might be a little slow. Patience, please.

No worries!

You'll pretty much be able to take it from here, if you're okay with controlling Singh and Arabella. I just have to wrap up.

Yeah - so this scene'll be them receiving the butterfly. Should I keep that little bit similar to how you did it earlier? Or does it vary case by case?

You can do what you want, but it has to land on them and accept them in the end. You can drag it out or make it quick, whichever you want.

Sorry for the eternity-and-a-half I took, but it's done!

I should be able to get a reply up before my Model UN conference over the weekend, no promises though.

Status
Not open for further replies.