Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claudia Al'Ryan Steward of Atanwan, SeaGreen
Name: Claudia Al'Ryan
Height: 5' (152cm)
Appearance:
While smaller then the people around her, Claudia still seems to have the ability to command an entire room. Her posture is always perfect and she somehow seems to be able to look people in the eye without craning her neck. Considered an "incredibly beautiful girl" in her youth, her looks have since taken a far more subtle turn as she aged and people now tend to notice a look of wisdom and authority about her instead. She has piercing gray eyes and somewhat chiseled features. Her long, curly, golden hair is flecked with gray (mostly at her temples) and is usually worn either pinned up, or in a fishtail.

Clothing wise Claudia prefers draped dresses with an empire waistline, usually in jewel-toned colors. She is also fond of Asiluppe lace (her one luxury) and has several shawls made out of it, each in a different color to match her wardrobe. She very rarely wears any jewelry, excepting only the silver circlet of the Steward (which she wears only when performing the duties of her office), her wedding ring (a simple band of silver), and a copper bracelet that was given to her by her late mother.

Official Title: Lady Steward of Atanwan, Madam Steward, Lady Al'Ryan, Lady Claudia

Family/Friends:
  • Husband – Caius Al'Ryan age 44, (current Guildmaster of the shipping guild) aka. Guildmaster or Master Al'Ryan
  • Daughter – Aelia age 16, aka. Miss. Al'Ryan or Miss. Aelia
  • Son – Raul age 12. aka. Mr. Al'Ryan or Mr. Raul
  • Cat – Rafi, NPC this orange tabby roams the palace and essentially owns the place. (because I thought it would be an interesting tool for people to use if they needed one. I'll nix the cat if you like, Murasaki_Sama)
Skills/Abilities/Training:
  • She is a master of negotiation and mediation. She has, on numerous occasions, convinced sides that were renowned for hating each other to compromise.
  • Well versed in political games and manipulation from a young age, she tends to think of it as a giant game, one she intends on winning.
  • She is quite gifted when it comes down to keeping track of the Atanwan economy.
  • She is an accomplished musician including playing both the flute and harp.
  • She is an accomplished equestrian.
Interests:
  • History – by studying the history of both politics and trade Claudia has been able to learn which methods both historically worked well and which were epic failures. She believes in learning from the past.
  • Horses – Claudia's main form of exercise is riding
  • Music – She finds nothing more relaxing then listening to, or playing, the works of some of Atanwan's greatest composers. She believes there is nothing false about music, while it holds different meanings depending on the person listening, she finds peace in the fact that with music, at least, she doesn't have to read between the lines.
Personality:
  • Somewhat reserved Claudia never saw herself as a leader, rather she has always viewed herself as someone who can see a solution to a problem and implement it. In her opinion leaders are supposed to be social, Claudia is not. That being said she married a man who is extremely fond of other people's society, and so she has learned how to be a good hostess when the occasion calls for it.
  • Very soft-spoken she can never-the-less make herself heard when needed. After all "he who balks at a roar will very often strain to hear a whisper."
  • She has a very calm outwardly demeanor and is capable of finding a way of diffusing many tense situations.
  • She has an excellent work ethic. In her opinion if there's something you truly want you should be willing to work for it.
  • Claudia does not suffer fools lightly. It is one thing to not know a thing and ask questions, it is entirely different to blatantly refuse to learn. Likewise, to know the consequences of one's actions beforehand and still perform that action knowing it will lead to disaster, is a surefire way to loose any and all respect she may have for you.
  • While she may maintain a polite and mannerly attitude no matter what the situation, Claudia's respect must be earned. It is, after all, possible to show respect for a person all the while believing them to be a first class moron who wouldn't know commonsense if it jumped up and down in front of them singing the national anthem.
  • In her opinion good manners are the mark of class. Anyone can learn them and thus prove they are worth knowing. At the same time a person who should know proper manners and refuses to be polite isn't worth the acquaintance. She does however know and understand that what is polite may differ from culture to culture.
  • Claudia can also be a warm and caring woman. She loves her husband and children dearly and will not hesitate to show affection for them at any given moment. She is the same way with anyone who is fortunate enough to earn her friendship.
Biography:
An only child, Claudia was born and raised in Atanwan by a merchant belonging to the tailoring guild. She grew up learning both the craft and how to trade and make a profit by doing so. Economics and politics were part of her training and she was a highly gifted student, learning quickly and very rarely making the same mistake twice.

As she grew, she worked her way up to a position of helping her father with his negotiations. Claudia was a shrewd businesswoman and very rarely walked away from the table with the poor end of any bargain. But the time she was twenty she had met and fallen in love with Caius Al'Ryan who was then a lead negotiator for Atanwan's Shipping Guild. As the shipping guild was primarily responsible for arranging the transportation of a multitude of products to and from various countries, and the tailoring guild was well renowned for its fine garments and excellent taste, the match was approved on all sides. Claudia was married to Caius at twenty, and by the time she was twenty-three they were expecting their first child.

They both worked their way up through their respective guilds eventually to the point that Caius was named his Guildmaster's successor and Claudia's reputation for fairness and quality work became known throughout the city. It was at this time that the Current Steward of Atanwan passed away and the council of merchants was called to elect a new one. Perhaps it was random luck, perhaps it was a political ploy to keep each other out of office, or perhaps they really believed she was the best woman for the job, but Claudia was chosen as the next steward. At 33 she was the youngest person ever elected to the position. She swore, that regardless of the reason, she would do her utmost to be a fair and impartial ruler and continue Atanwan's movement through a reign of prosperity. As a tribute to her humble roots and a sign that any of her people could do the same she tries never to wear anything she could not have afforded prior to being elected Steward (with a few exception) she does, however, have a weakness for lace shawls.

Now, drawing near her 40th birthday, Claudia is about to enter the seventh year of her term as Steward and the year of reconciliation.

Other:
  • The only weapon she knows how to wield is her belt knife, but well, that's why the palace has guards.
  • Claudia is relatively close to both her children, but both are now teenagers and, well, that's never easy on any parent.
  • Claudia is determined to do everything necessary to ensure that everything goes well during the year of reconciliation. Whether that means being bold enough to tell one of the Reconciled they're out of line, or offering a shoulder to cry on, for the sake of peace she'll do it.

Birthday: 14th of Tokko

Last edited:
Ooh...
I am interested in this game.
I do not have computer access, so it will take a while.

Akkkk! having formatting issues today!
The last bit of the last sentence in my IC post got erased. (well actually the font color got changed to black on me)
To those of you who read it before I caught that I apologize. It's fixed now.

Anyway, Claudia's bio is now finished.

Okays, read Claudia's profile and I approve! I mean, minus the minor typos you didn't catch, I don't approve of those...but ahem, She's in. I'll put her up in the List in the second post of the first page!

Started a post, but will likely finish it up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Announcement!!!
Okay, just a few bits of news.

First off, Falcon has been promoted to Co-Mod. As such she has similar authority to my own. She also knows some of the super secret plot, so yessss...No spoilers for anyone else. Anyway, just letting you all know that, in case Falcon asks you do to do something or whatever.

SECOND! I have added two sections to the front page, under the "world info" spoiler. They are Language (I forgot it the first time) and Calendar (based off a suggestion from Falcon). Please go examine the calendar, when you have time. You may choose a birthday for your character (if you want) and edit it into your profile (find your profile on the first page under the character spoiler).

THIRD. I am going to try to recruit new members once more tonight. If I receive no positive replies in a few days, I will alter the character restrictions. Anyone currently in the roleplay may choose to take on a second Reconciled - Provided, of course, that the second reconciled is not the fiance or secondary relationship of the first (nor that the first is the secondary relationship of the second). This may not happen, but I figured I'd give you all warning, in case you had any ideas or really wanted a second Reconciled. I'm still trying to recruit, soo...yeah.

Anyway, that is all the announcements! I hope everyone is doing well and having fun, and I look forward to reading any new posts. Take care!

Ugh when the forum had the crash/downtime this morning it ate the post that it had saved... I knew I should've used Word >_<

Oh well... gotta start from scratch again.

EDIT: Just finished the post when I was struck with the realization that I have no bio for Kaz's friend Javeter. Should I create one?

Last edited:
Announcement!!!
Okay, just a few bits of news.

First off, Falcon has been promoted to Co-Mod. As such she has similar authority to my own. She also knows some of the super secret plot, so yessss...No spoilers for anyone else. Anyway, just letting you all know that, in case Falcon asks you do to do something or whatever.

SECOND! I have added two sections to the front page, under the "world info" spoiler. They are Language (I forgot it the first time) and Calendar (based off a suggestion from Falcon). Please go examine the calendar, when you have time. You may choose a birthday for your character (if you want) and edit it into your profile (find your profile on the first page under the character spoiler).

THIRD. I am going to try to recruit new members once more tonight. If I receive no positive replies in a few days, I will alter the character restrictions. Anyone currently in the roleplay may choose to take on a second Reconciled - Provided, of course, that the second reconciled is not the fiance or secondary relationship of the first (nor that the first is the secondary relationship of the second). This may not happen, but I figured I'd give you all warning, in case you had any ideas or really wanted a second Reconciled. I'm still trying to recruit, soo...yeah.

Anyway, that is all the announcements! I hope everyone is doing well and having fun, and I look forward to reading any new posts. Take care!
You ought to know damn well that I add birthdays to every character I make.
Then, how in the Hell were they born?

They were born... from our IMAGINATION!

Of course!
It just makes everything realistic.
Guess I got carried away!

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Haha as a joke I should list my character's birthday as July 15, since that's the day he was created ^^;

Or going by the roleplay calendar, Torba 15.

In fact, I think I actually WILL do that.

Haha as a joke I should list my character's birthday as July 15, since that's the day he was created ^^;

Or going by the roleplay calendar, Torba 15.

In fact, I think I actually WILL do that.
I see...
Go ahead and do that.
Nation 9 wants to go SOLO.

Zathura, I do not understand. Why would I know that? I've never really RPed with anyone here before... How are who born? The characters? the normal way, I assume... I am very confused.

Also, fatal, clever idea. Go for it, if you want.

As for Javeter, that is up to you. You can have a side character or NPCish type character, like a handmaiden or bodyguard, without having to create a profile for them. However, if you expect them to interact with other characters and/or make their own independent posts, you probably want to make a full profile so that they are counted as their own character.(Also, good first post.)

And now, I get to go make a new character. yay.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
Mehh... I was half-drunk...

But who knows.... People were born out of... Who knows?

The site was down, so I gotta step on it...

I would like to reserve Nation 7 and its Reconciled, if that's alright! I'll get the information posted later tonight or tomorrow. ^^ I appreciate the invite, as well!

• Love
Zathura - okays then..

Surpy - consider it reserved!

ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT! (well, on reconciled. I'll still take other players, I'm not picky). Anyone want it? or know someone who might want it?

I have some one who might want it, but they've been a bit iffy about giving me a straight answer, so if someone else claims it first that's fine too

Anyway . . .

Added Birthdays to my Character Bios, but so people don't have to go searching for them:
Claudia - 14th of Tokko
Oujin - 7th of Afur
Julius - 21st of Jala.

Go nag them about it, falcon. let them know its the only one left and if they don't act soon they might lose it! Then we can move forward without worry! ...well, sort of, still waiting on two of the reserved profiles, but whatever.

I put up your calendar! Things are moving along nicely, yesss.

• Love
Sent them a message, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Glad the calender's up
Yay for People who want to join! Here's a cookie :cookie: (just discovered that one, had to use it :) )

• Love

OH FINE!
I'll join in. Nation 10 is hereby claimed by Winterhual (Pronounced "Vin-ter-Howl")
Full workup to follow

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.