Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Two questions, possibly irrelevant, but I'd still like to know the answers :)

1. What happens if a kingdom doesn't have an heir to send to the reconciliation, or the heirs are either too young or too old? I was playing around with the math and realized that since Kaoru (Oujin's brother) is only 32, even if he waited until later in life to have kids (early 30s?) Oujin's father would still have been under the age of 15 for the last one. Would the position of reconciled have then gone to a cozen?

2. What exactly does the marriage between reconciled contract entail? is it an alliance between countries only? are the reconciled expected to live with each other in Atanwan, or can they go home afterwards, or even go their separate ways? is there a provision against divorce? in the event a pair is formed of two of the same gender or the pair still absolutely hate each other at the end of the year could they make arrangements to marry another member of the family instead i.e. a sibling?

I'm not trying to find loopholes, really i'm not, I just thought the answers might be info our characters would know prior to arriving at Atanwan.

Ok. Let me make up the nation first before I fill in more details for my character. I kinda wanted her to develop as the story progresses (imagine a home-schooled girl suddenly thrust into public school) but I guess it doesn't hurt adding more stuff.

---Oh! and her potions are purely chemical at first (for healing and poison) but as the story progresses and she is exposed to more minerals in Atanwan, her skills will lean towards alchemical (explosions and whatnot).

First, there is no such thing as an irrelevant question, at least not to me. This is a brand new world and systems, and I just came up with it sort of at random. So unless someone asks me questions, or I ask myself the questions, I don'tt actually have answers. I love when people ask me questions, because then I have to think up new stuff, and develop the world more. So, yay!

Right. hm.

1. The marriages are arranged prior to the previous Ritual, so like 50-55 years in advance. A little bit of magic is used (although no one knows this except the people deciding the pairs), although mostly its just a sort of lottery mixed with records of previous marriages (so the same two nations don't end up paired together too often). The contract generally says something like "the youngest child of the then High Lady" (Lava's requirement) or "the first daughter born to the house of x who is of age when the ritual comes around" (random example). Technically, anyone from like, 13 to 70 could take part in the Ritual. I just limited the character ages cause...uh...I don't like characters that are too young? Depending on the number of actual heirs and the preference of the family, as well as the power shift expected in politics of all kind, the Reconciled could be a cousin, a son, an adopted kid...I mean, anything works. If Lava had died before the Ritual (certainly possible with her term as a soldier), her older brother (second youngest child of the High Lady) would have had to go. If her mother had not had children, then she (the high lady) could have either adopted a child, or sent her sister's children, since as ....errr, well that's Pohoni culture, its not important. Point is, there are always options as to who to send. However, do to the small amount of magic (secretly) used, there has never been a time when a substitute needed to be sent.

2. I am really not sure about this. What I've thought up so far is that, during the year, the Reconciled sort of negotiate what kind of marriage they want, although some parts are not up to them. They have to live together; this means they generally go back to the home nation of one of the pair. They can live in the mansion on Atanwan; technically speaking, the mansion becomes the property-in-trust of the Reconciled during their life time. The marriages cannot be annulled or divided via divorce.

The marriages do not serve as unions between the nations, so much as a...um.... promise not to wage a war like the Great War, or to attempt to conquer another nation. Nations can fight over land, resources or insults, and can raid in each or assassinate each other's leaders. Basic politics, all of that. But, no nation can try to conquer another nation - if they do, all of the other nations will take up arms to stop them. The Reconciled get married to show that the nations are still willing to work together and still agree to fight as one to protect each other from conquest.

So if two people who hate each other end up married, they have to stay married. Lets use an example, A and F. They go to A's homeland, and live in the same palace, but F and A never really talk or see each other. The relationship between their nations does not change. Now, D and C are the same gender, and they are also married. They decide to live together in Atanwan. Mostly they keep their own private households in different mansions, but they still eat lunch together once or twice a week, and try to be discreet about taking lovers.

If a Reconciled is killed by another Reconciled, the two nations which sent the Reconciled might go to war. If one Reconciled tries to divorce the other, it is seen as an act of aggression by their native country, an opting out of the peace agreement. If the two Reconciled live in different countries, it is seen as an informal divorce, and a dangerous sign of ill intent.

The marriage of the Reconciled is symbolic, so, again, it does not need to function as an actual marriage. The form of marriage, the appearance of matrimony, however, has to be present. Anything less would be taken as an insult and/or a sign of aggression, and likely lead to war.

That is one of the reasons the Reconciled get a full year together prior to the Ritual - it gives them time to get to know one another, to decide what form their marriage to take, and just to convince all the nations that every other nation is not planning world conquest like Atanwan tried over a thousand years ago.

....Does that answer your questions?

Reactions: Neohmi
Neoh - I understand, my characters always develop better when I play them. However, as a kid who was homeschooled, I know that sheltered naivety was not all there was to me before I went to public school. And I was 10. Why does Mystisa like potions? What is the investigative part of her profile about? Does she like being feminine or does she dream of more? Is she a scholar, an artists or a rebel at heart? Does she feel like a puppet, empty of will? Is she lonely in her palace prison, or does she enjoy spending time on her own or with just a few "friends" (family/servants)?

Reactions: Neohmi
Thanks. I see where you're getting at. I'll fix Mystisa up as soon as I finish forming Asiluppe. :D

Awesome sauce! Maybe, instead of saying why she is interested in potions, explain how her making potions with Spia came about? Like, how does one go about secretly mixing potions with one's handmaiden? That's got to be a fun story.

Also, I cannot wait to read about your nation, the little hints in the profile were fun!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yes, that helps a lot!

So for example, since Reinkuni is a country that has been through three civil wars the contract could read something like "the oldest child of the currently ruling family not in line for the throne . . ." Meaning that if the Reinkuni throne passes from eldest male to eldest male Yoshio (Oujin's father) could easily have had an elder sister of marriageable age. if that's acceptable it solves one conundrum for me.

And If I understand the rest of it correctly, the marriage is a marriage in at least appearance if not in form, meaning that Julius can make jokes about Oujin taking a mistress and it would technically be a valid possibility, as long as the world in general didn't know about it. Not that Oujin would consider it . . . well maybe, depends on who he gets 'stuck' with. Kaz for example . . .

One more question. If one of a reconciled pair should die (assuming it wasn't assassination by the partner) would the other be allowed to remarry?
Now I'm playing with the idea of Oujin's aunt . . . may not ever be needed, but still fun to mess with plot bunnies :)

For the example, YES! that is exactly what the marriage contracts would most likely read like. It would be different for every nation, depending on their system of government. For example, Pohoni power changes Houses every time a High Lady dies, so it cannot be dependent on the house. Ester has a senate with more or less equal power, and members chosen by vote, so their marriage contracts have to account for that lack of centralized leadership, per se. Which fatal actually explain in the nation post, that was great. And, of course, sometimes it changes, so it asks specifically for a boy or girl, or asks for someone in a specific birth order (third child or second daughter or something).

And yes, mistresses and lovers and children by other people is expected when there is a same-sex union, if the two people aren't interested in members of the same sex. And its not just lovers, it effects their children as well. Two men could not claim any children that were not adopted, and no mother could be allowed. So if one of them had a lover and she got pregnant, he would either have to deny the child completely, or adopt it and raise it with his husband. For two women, the children are assumed to belong to both, and no father is allowed. If that makes sense. But they don't have to consummate the marriage, or live in the same room (or even the same house, technically, as long as they are sort in the same city-ish) or anything soo....yeah. Now I'm kind of curious who Oujin is paired with!
*sneaks at peak at the master list* ehehehehe....Oh.
Disappointment there. Hm.

Ahem. Remarriage...hmmm... I'm not sure. the last ritual was 49 years ago... so I'm not sure Oujin's aunt would even still be alive, unless his dad is 75 and his aunt is 80ish. Hmmm...remarriage...hmmm.

I am going to say no. The marriage is a sacred and political vow, so once it is not dissolved even in death. However, after the death of one Reconciled (from accident or natural causes only) their partner can go off and do their own thing, but cannot actually remarry. However, if one Reconciled is dead, no one really cares if the other Reconciled takes a lover a bit more publicly. While they are both alive, it has to be discreet; once one is dead, its just a matter of honoring the symbolic bond, and so another marriage would disrespect that? I guess? Yeahhh...

80? maybe you can figure out where I went wrong then?
If we are at the 49 year mark and Kaoru is 32 years old that means he was born at approximately 17 years into the cycle. If Yoshiro was 30 years old when Kaoru was born that makes him about thirteen at the time of the last reconciling and 63 now. 13+50=63. If his aunt was 17 or 18 when she was sent she'd be 67 or 68

Or I can just nix the whole idea this is mostly just me being bord

also
Now I'm kind of curious who Oujin is paired with!
*sneaks at peak at the master list* ehehehehe....Oh.
Disappointment there. Hm.

Don't go changing things now, you said this would be random :D and besides, if Oujin's even got a chance at a happy marriage I'm all for that.
Julius now . . . Julius is fair game. He was created purly to serve as entertainment (mine if no one elses's) mess with him all you want ;)

Ara, you actually did the math! I did not. I do not like math. I just figured, 50+20 = 70. You said his dad was too young to marry last time around, so I figured, less than 20 + 50 is less than 70, true, but then I rounded up. I round up all the time. And if the Reconciled Aunt was old enough to marry, she'd be a few years older than the dad...soo... not sure why I added ten years, actually... uhh... anyway, 60-80 is still VERY old in times without highly sophisticated medicine and/or magical healing.

And ah, no, I would not change anything, that would not be fair. The disappointment was either cause 1) not a funny pairing or 2) the pair isn't complete yet (cause there are like, 5 unfinished characters and 3 unreserved spots...sooo)

SPEAKING OF WHICH! EVERYONE!!!!!!

Please go out and recruit friends and fellow Rpers! We have 3 (THREE!) open spots left! I would LOVE to fill them by Sunday, so we can open. If we don't fill them, I might open a week or two before the 'Ceremony of Investiture" (random name, ahem), which starts out the Year and A Day thingy...that way we can play characters arriving and such. But I would still like to have the spots filled before too long! And since I am new to this community and like...don't know anyone, I can't really recruit. SO.

GO FORTH AND GO FISHING! Find us good RPers to join and have fun with us!

and now I go to bed. nighty night!

We will be deleting our last post so we can post anew.

It's better than backtracking to that old post over and over again.

Thank you for waiting! Behold, nation number four!

Nation No. 4: The Triumvirate of Targessa, lightblue
Targessa is a nation under a Triumvirate rule, after its three founders that build the land to how it is today.

z92o.jpg

t274.jpg

s293.jpg

Reconciled Rules
Reconciled candidates are rotated among the Triumvirate families every time a Ritual occurs in that year. The rules are as applied:
  • The candidate must be from one of the three nuclear families of the Triumvirate*. (in order of turn)
  • The candidate must be at an appropriate age for marriage. (between 13 to 29)
  • The candidate must not be in line for the Triumvirate seat.
*this is so because through this, (unofficially) there will be less competition for the Triumvirate seat, and (officially) it will show Targessa's dedication in playing its part at keeping the peace.

Targessa's current seats are occupied by:
His Holiness Al-Nadir Menkar (theocracy)
Her Royal Majesty Naiya Utreneus Zoryan (royalty)
His Lordship Izar del Arcturus (military)

And here is our finished character.

Probably the longest and most detailed we have ever written for a character.

There are some discrepancies here and there, but we will cover that up when we have more time.

For now, read on.

We hope it will pass as a character worthy of this RP.

Her Royal Highness Naiya Eleandelus Zoryan, green
Name: Naiya Eleandelus Zoryan
Nickname: Leandé (pronounced lee-AHN-day)
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Height 5'2.6" // 159cm
Addressing Title: Princess, Your Highness

Appearance:
Leande's features are very similar to her sisters; green eyes, light brown hair, and rather pale features. However, because of a falling out between her and the family (particularly against her eldest sister, Rene) and what society seemed to deem her as, she rebelled against her by dyeing her hair black. This, in turn, contrasted greatly with her pale features. Should one look upon her, they would first notice her eyes. Unlike her sisters, Leande's eyes were piercing green.

She is often seen in a dress when attending classes or presenting herself in court, her colour choices ranging between any shade of green, blue, or simply black. Leande does have a set of riding clothes, consisting of a gray cloak, pants, shirt, and a brown leather vest. Perhaps the only thing that she retains about her (aside from the dyed hair) is the pendant she wears around her neck, shaped like a star, and the pouch of runestones she carries around her waist at all times (except during official ceremonies).

Usual Look #1 || Usual Look #2 || In Full Black #1 || In Full Black #2

*Pictures are only for reference.

Family:
  • His Royal Majesty Dazelius Zoryan (Father-deceased)
    • A righteous man and a loving father. He loved all of his children equally. Albeit, he spends more time with René compared to Leande (she was his heir and Cherinne was not there yet), he loves them both nonetheless.
    • He included the name Naiya in all of his daughters' names, after the Three Goddesses of the Star in the Targessan religion.
  • Her Royal Highness Nerein Zoryan (Mother)
    • Much like their father, Nerein loves her children as well. A soft-spoken, well-mannered, and respectable lady, her demeanour inspired her youngest daughter, Cherinne, to be very much like her.
    • Her husband's untimely death put her under a state of depression for a long time. Even till now, she still grieves.
    • Despite being Dazelius's wife, she has no sway over the triumvirate as much as René.
  • Her Royal Majesty Naiya Utreneus Zoryan // René (Eldest sister - Current Seater)
    • Unlike Leande and Cherinne, she inherited none of her parents' warmth and loving qualities. She was considered to be a very cold and ruthless woman. While she does rule justly alongside the Menkars and Arcturuses, one would sometimes question her lack of emotions in anything she does.
    • She harbours much hatred and fear towards Leande, often fearing that Leande would prove a better ruler than she would and take her seat sooner than she would expect it. Already she is considered to be unpopular among her people, due to her personality.
    • As such, she encourages that rebellious bit of Leande, putting her more and more in a bad light and Rene into a better one. This act of hers eventually led to Leande's actions of dyeing her hair black, among many other things.
  • Her Royal Highness Naiya Vechereus Zoryan // Cherinne (Youngest sister)
    • Cherinne was very much sheltered from her elder sisters' rivalries, since she was the youngest and came in much later than the two.
    • A kind and gentle soul, Cherinne was loved by the people.
    • But unlike her sisters, Cherinne was never given the same education. Instead, she was raised with womanly skills, much like how her mother was taught.
    • Despite all these wonderful features, she was quite naive too. The Triumvirate does not have a place for rulers like her.
    • Even so, being the caring soul she is, Cherinne loves her sisters equally.
Abilities:
  • Rune Casting (divination tool)
    • Leande's fascination on anything remotely close to magic led her to the finding of the rune stones in one of her diplomatic visits to another country. She learned it there and has known how to cast runes ever since.
    • Targessa frowns upon such objects, thinking it deviating from the teachings of the religion. Thus, Leande does this in secret. Only members of the family are aware of this. But, upon her father's death, she began to use it more openly.
    • There is, of course, no magic in this one. But coincidences that occur when she casts are questionable.
    • Curiously, among the many things she was able to see through her castings was Rene's plot against her.
  • Negotiation
    • Being the heir to the Triumvirate seat and after attending much parties and social gatherings, Leande has developed the ability to negotiate with people rather well.
    • While Rene is as well-versed in this skill as she is, their strategies differ. Rene relies on logic and making ultimatums while Leande relies on her charm and knowledge in the art of persuasion.
Skills:
  • Riding
    • Her love for the outdoors and hawking was what made her want to learn how to ride.
    • In terms of skills, one would consider her far more efficient in it than her sisters ever were.
  • Hawking
    • She inherited this love from her father, who enjoyed hawking as well. Leande was not as good as her father was in this, but, once again, compared to her sisters, she was far better than they were.
    • Hawking is considered to be a pastime for most nobilities in Targessa. Considering that their emblem is that of a falcon and their country is shaped as such, it would be a shame if such a coincidence was overlooked.
    • Being a falconer herself, Leande owns a Merlin named Ankaa.
  • Swordplay (Short Sword - Basic Training || Archery - Average)
    • Leande was not much of a sword person, but she had to take it more as a way to defend herself than fighting in battles. One would consider her rather clumsy in her stance, but if the need comes, she would probably muster some form of strength in her to get through it.
    • She is rather average at archery. Her reason for picking this is up was similar to why she learned swordplay. However, she finds this to be more of use to her, particularly in hawking (though most of the time, it was Ankaa that does most of the work).
Education:
Being the heir to the seat, Leande was given the necessary education for it, much like what Rene had gone through. She understands them well, but her preferences leaned more towards other activities. Something a little more...fun. While Rene was very studious and well-versed in said subjects, Leande's knowledge on this are slightly above average, but nowhere near her sister's level.
  • Political Affairs of Targessa
  • History of Targessa
  • History of the World
  • Leadership Skills
  • Finance
Interest:
  • Reading
    • As active as she is, Leande does enjoy reading.
    • Despite what was mentioned in the previous topic, she does study when she feels like it. Though the topics of her choice often differed from the ones she had learned.
    • Her topic of interest includes history, myths and legends, falconry, and the unknown (magic, mostly).
  • Intellectual Debates
    • She loves exchanging ideas with people through this.
    • Her topics of debate are similar to what she enjoys reading and studying.
    • One would say her abilities in negotiations came from this interest.
  • Riding
    • See info on Riding under Skills.
  • Hawking
    • See info on Hawking under Skills.
Official Titles:Her Royal Highness, Beloved of Naiya, Reconciled of Targessa

Biography:
Leande was the second of her three sisters in the Zoryan family. Much love was given equally to her and her eldest sister, Rene, from her father. Though, if one would notice, Dazelius tends to dote on Leande more than Rene. This, probably, developed a sense of rivalry and jealousy from Rene towards Leande.

Her father passed away a while after that. When that happened, Leande was 16 and her youngest sister, Cherinne, had recently just turned 5. It was an untimely death, and it sent the whole nation grieving the loss of their king. To Leande, the loss of her father was probably more devastating to her than it was to Rene.

While she grieved alongside her mother, Rene took charge in the family and inherited her father's seat in the Triumvirate a year after that (Rene, 24; Leande, 17; Cherinne, 6), and Leande became the heir to the seat, should anything happen to Rene. It was a smooth transition from Rene's position as heir to being on the Seat itself, perhaps...a little too smooth; at least, that was what Leande felt.

During Rene's occupation of the seat, Leande kept herself busy in investigating her father's death. The readings she find in her runes seemed to tell her that something was amiss. Perhaps Dazelius's death was a planned one, she had considered, but to think that her sister may have been involved made her feel somewhat doubtful...but it was possible. One would consider her obsessed with the readings of her runes, others see it as an outlet for her sorrow, thinking she still grieves her father's death; to Leande, she knew something was wrong.

Perhaps, this was why Rene felt uneasy in her position with Leande poking around places she should have not. Perhaps, we would say, she does have something to hide. On top of that, Leande was more popular than Rene was among Targessans and their diplomats. She feared a rebellion from her sister should she find anything more.

Using Leande's current grieving state and obsession with things that are against the religion (divination and any mention of magic, despite its non-existence, was much frowned upon by people in Targessa), Rene officially branded her a heretic, using the rune stones she carries with her as proof. The people shunned her, and the Triumvirate was doubtful of her being the heir to the throne, thinking Leande mentally unstable.

Despite her protests, Rene's voice reigned supreme over hers as she had the backing of her people. In reply to this, Leande dyed her hair black to separate herself from Rene and to rebel against her claims. Her personality eventually changed into a different person, driven very much by her hatred and anger towards her sister. She who was once a lover of the outdoors and a cheerful girl, is now a recluse, refusing to leave her room, constantly tinkering her rune stones and the books.

((funny how she tries to deny it, but becomes the very thing she denies little by little))

In those days of recluse, she did find a very important detail about her father's death. The information eventually led to Leande discovering that it was indeed related to her sister, Rene. It was not evidence enough to press charges against her, but the fact that it was tied to her alone gave her reason to want to do something about it.

Rene eventually caught wind of this, and once more, that uneasy feeling returned. Perhaps, by some stroke of luck (or misfortune, to some), it was the year where each nation had to send their Reconciled to Atanwan.

The rule was that in Targessa, if anyone in the family was chosen as a Reconciled, he or she would have their claim to anything ruling-wise forfeited. This year, it was the Zoryan's turn to send a Reconciled candidate. Though Leande was the heir to the Seat, and Cherinne would have been a better candidate to be sent, there were issues that may prevent that from happening; Cherinne was only 9, and the rule states that it must be someone from the age of 13 to 29. Leande's popularity among the people was slowly declining, and the Triumvirate deems her not fit for rule due to their belief on her mental state.

This presented an opportunity for Rene to finally be rid of her sister once and for all.

Rene announced that, under the pretext of giving Leande a second chance to regain what was left of her Zoryan honour to do good for Targessa. This placed Leande in a much more difficult position than she already was in. And to add salt to the wound, Rene proclaimed Cherinne as the heir to the seat, replacing her.

And Leande was to be sent to Atanwan for the Ritual of Reconciliation.

Oh, Rene may think that this is the end of it all. But Leande is not the type to give up. She vowed to get to the bottom of this and undo the injustice that has been done unto her.

Personality:
Pre-Dazelius (father)
A cheerful and spirited youth, she was very much like her father in his youth. Leande also inherited that stubborn bit of her father, often seen in the way she studies and her attitude towards something she does not like. Leande too has a thing for showing off her skills to other people, particularly towards Dazelius, often seeking to impress them with what she could do. This personality did not help with her relationship with Rene; in fact, it made Rene loathe her even more.

She is the complete opposite of Rene, who was the quiet, studious type. Leande is loud and can be rather boisterous. Her active personality made it seem as though the term 'tomboy' would fit her very well. If it were not for the moments when her charming personality comes into play during social events, 'tomboy' would have been the only word to describe her.

Despite that, she was righteous and ambitious, much like Dazelius. She believed in fairness and justice, and she had hope to put that belief into good use once she inherits the triumvirate seat.

Post-Dazelius (father)
Brooding and grieving left her feeling broken and depressed. That cheerful side of her was a rare sight, and was made even rarer after the events with Rene.

Leande became more cynical and mistrusting of others, thinking she was the only one in the world that thought of Rene as the bitch she was. That "impressing others" part of her was still there, though it was put more in the sense of "I'm better than Rene" and "I could have been better at the job than she would".

However, after the events that led her to become a Reconciled and finding out more details about her father's death, it awoken something in her. No longer brooding, Leande returns with a stronger sense of purpose. Though some of that negative part of her personality remained, she was less cynical and more purposeful. In a way, some part of her old personality was slowly returning; but whether she would take that transformation for better or worse, only time would tell...

Other Info:
None, at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nation 5 | Asiluppe

System of Government:
Asiluppe is divided into five factions or tribes if you will. They are the Kahiya, Ysa, Doeha, Tulora and Oopat. All of them are named after the their respective founding families.​
Each of them are relatively independent from each other. For example, compositions of governing bodies may differ from one faction to the other. However, all factions stay true to their Asiluppean faith, religion and tradition. Therefore, the differences of each faction are subtle and any difference concurred are based on the same Asiluppean mindset.​
Each faction are headed by a Tandae (Eldest Man) of their founding families. Inherently, they keep their factions in order as they see fit but the most important role of a Tandae is to commune with other Tandaes on matters concerning the whole Asiluppe, thus forming the Council of Tandae.​
Due to historical reasons, the Tandae Kahiya has been and will always be the leader of the Council of Tandae. In case the Tandaes cannot form a united decision, the Tandae Kahiya is granted veto power. Fortunately, Kahiyas are known to be born with honor and wisdom in their blood, and the citizens of Asiluppe respect the Kahiya family.​

Basic terrain and weather:
Generally a tropical nation, Asiluppe has only two seasons: wet (rainy) and dry. Areas near the coast are mostly flat and ridden with coconut trees. Further south is filled with mountainous rainforests.​

Notable and Interesting Facts:
Asiluppe was the last nation in the South Eastern continent to be conquered by Atanwan which is why the culture remains the least swayed by western influence compared to the rest of its neighboring nations. The Asiluppeans had long developed advanced ships, which were primarily used for catching bigger fish in the Eastern Sea, to protect its coasts.​
The mountains that bordered the land also proved too difficult to penetrate as the rainforests stroke foreigners with illness and other anomalies. It was only until the locals of Nation 7 helped Atanwan to maneuver the rainforest that Asiluppe was conquered.​
Despite Atanwan's efforts to colonize the Asiluppeans, the citizens practiced their faith and followed their own governing body underground. The children were practically drilled with Asiluppean values so as to keep the culture and traditions of Asiluppe alive generations later.​
Asiluppeans worship Perlas, goddess of the sea, and her son, Lupa. Perlas is believed to be motherly and wise. Her wrath is called upon when her children, the Asiluppeans, are harmed. Lupa is, in a sense, his mother's soldier. He accomplishes his mother's wishes in places she can't reach (where there is no ocean or sea).​
Besides their nautical prowess, the Asiluppeans are popular for their patterned laces of intricate designs which are sold to foreigners at a high price. The Asiluppeans are also known to be hospitable and kind. They also take great pride in their honorable race and help each other in times of need. They keep to themselves unless interaction with other nations are necessary.​

Anything Else?
It was a Tandae Kahiya who sensed the coming of the invaders. He convinced the other Tandaes to have the independent factions work together to protect their nation.​
Had it not been for Tandae Taban Kahiya, the Asiluppeans could not have held off the Atanwan invaders as long as they had. Because of this, the Asiluppeans reside their faith upon the Kahiyas to warn them once again when ultimate terror will come to Asiluppe in the near future.​
Inspiration for Asiluppe:
Native American tribes | Singapore | Malaysia​

Last edited by a moderator:
Murasaki-san, I've finished polishing my character profile as well. Please let me know if there's anything else you wish to change.

Neoh -
I read both posts just now. Mystisa's profile is good, you explained everything at some point, that's great. You are missing one part of the second section, the official titles bit. If you could put that in there, the other characters will need to know how to respectfully address her. But she is accepted and I will link to her post from the first page in a moment.

The nation post is also very good, fits the location on the map, works with the other nations, very good. However...There is one problem. If you read the first two or three paragraphs of the "Brief History" spoiler on the first post, I established what order the nations fell in. Nation 5 was not the last to fall.

See, first to fall was the Southeastern Continent (nations 5, 6, 7, and 8). They were officially conquered for about 280 years, (give or take a few decades) before the Empire was broken. Second to fall was the Southwestern continent (nation 9 and 10). Last to fall were two out of four nations on the northern continent, nations 2 and 4. Technically speaking, nation 4 fell the last of all, only a decade or two before the empire was defeated.

Now, you could say that the tribes (well, part of the tribes, maybe just those 5 out of a few dozen others?)withdrew to the highlands or the dense jungle and so sort of survived the occupation of the Empire. Or you could say that the nations continued their practices in secret, while the Empire believed they had conquered them. But they, as a nation, would have fallen second or third, at best, not last.

Asha -
HOLLY WOW! When I asked for more detail, I wasn't expecting an essay or three! Impressive. Okay, lets see. You are accepted, of course, but you might want to make a few revisions. First, I am mostly just curious as to the proper form of address and/or official title of the Zoryan. Is he/she considered a monarch or simple a prince of the people? Cause if the Zoryan is a monarch (as implied by the "majesty" part Dazelius Zoryan title), wouldn't that make Rene also a Majesty, and not a Highness? I mean, its up to you, could be gender specific, whatever, I'm just curious.

The other revision I am going to ask for is a bit more major. I do not know if you took the time to read through the OOC posts that were made while you were off line, but me and Falcon talked about how the Reconciled are chosen. The marriages are arranged sometime prior to the previous Ritual (so like 50-55 years before hand). While the exact requirement of the Reconciled is never completely specific, it is not very vague, either. For example, "The youngest living child of the current High Lady of Pohoni" or "the oldest child of the currently ruling family not in line for the throne . . ." are both things the marriage contracts would say. It is designed this way specifically to prevent what Rene tried, using the Reconciled as a form of political maneuvering within a nation. So, unless Rene killed or somehow prevented the actual Reconciled from attending, Leande would have been a Reconciled no matter what her sister wanted.

It is perfectly fine if you want Rene to have killed someone, or forcing them to marry while pretending ignorance of their fate, or something along those lines. But she would only have been able to send Leande is Leande was the next most eligible person based on the marriage contract. So you might want to think about that, and change things up a bit. Just let me know when you have.

Neoh and Asha - your characters and nations are accepted!!! I will be linking to the posts from the front page in just a moment. Please read the spoilers to see some suggested (and/or required) revision to your profiles. No worries though, its nothing serious.

Nation Number and Name:
8, Barrenshore
System of Government:
Barrenshore is largely ruled by a stratocracy. It entails that the rulers of Barrenshore and the military are closely related and, for all intents and purposes, are the same thing. Citizens, as few as they are, have voluntary military experience, and everyone has the right to take the country for themselves should they gather enough resources to do so. As such, Barrenshore has had numerous, but contained, civil wars, ones that ended in differing leaders or the same ones. The leader becomes General [name] of Barrenshore, whoever it is.Law only dictates that citizens be trained and master at least one weapon and trade, providing for the good of the country and themselves. Barrenshore, due to its terrain and militaristic views, has very few people, but it has sustained itself on the trades of others.
Basic terrain and weather:
Barrenshore lives up to its name. As a peninsula, Barrenshore has water everywhere around it, but the borders of (Nation 7) have only rolling desert hills to mark the line between countries. The southern and western sides of Barrenshore, toward (Nation 7) are full of desert and sand and has a dry climate. The city sits on the northern shore, where the soil was fertile enough to plant trees and crops as well as be able to access the sea to trade with other nations. The northern side has a much milder climate, but it can still become dry during the summer. The two climates are separated by a small, but tall mountain range called the Points. The mountains aren't enough to impede travel by any serious means, but they do affect the climate. Barrenshore remains largely unexplored, and while some citizens dared to venture out, they weren't heard of again for reasons unbeknownst to others. There is one defining road that leads from (Nation 7) to Barrenshore called the Broken Branch Road. The markers used to show the way are smoothed tree trunks every half mile.
Notable and Interesting Facts:
Because of Barrenshore's government and military laws, the citizens, should they choose not to live in the city, travel out as roaming mercenaries or try their hand serving in other forms of military in the other nations. As such, a large population of mercenaries exist in other countries, staying out of Barrenshore and keeping the idea of another civil war off of the citizens' minds.
Anything Else?:
Because of the terrain and what is produced from Barrenshore, they have little to trade. Their main exports are military experienced fighters, but the natural plants provide unique colors of dye other nations may find interesting enough to purchase. Barrenshore is also known for their exceptional skill at crafting weapons. When ships go out of Barrenshore, they take dyes and all manner of weapons with them. The tentative trade they have with other nations keeps them sustained, but it's all they have going for them.
Okay, yay, crappiest coding in existence! :c apologies on taking so long and this post isn't that pretty, but because I suck with coding things, this is what came out of it. I'll put up my character soon, but I wanted to make sure that the country was okay. If it needs to be changed in any way, let me know. :3 (the climate is subject to be changed anyway.)​

Last edited:
OOhooooo. A military nation! I LIKE IT. Ahem. Very good, nation is accepted! (pending character acceptance, at least, since that is the one that really matters.)
I am glad you mentioned the subject, though...Even a desert nation has winters further south (I live in a southernish desert myself, and our winters suck). Might want to mention that there is a difference between the northern part of Barrenshore and the southern part, at least climate wise, since the sourthern part is a bit further from the equator. Otherwise, it was good! I will link to it from the first page right now.

Is anyone out recruiting? I am going to go see if I can round up 3 more interested parties, but... well, we'll see.

OOhooooo. A military nation! I LIKE IT. Ahem. Very good, nation is accepted! (pending character acceptance, at least, since that is the one that really matters.)
I am glad you mentioned the subject, though...Even a desert nation has winters further south (I live in a southernish desert myself, and our winters suck). Might want to mention that there is a difference between the northern part of Barrenshore and the southern part, at least climate wise, since the sourthern part is a bit further from the equator. Otherwise, it was good! I will link to it from the first page right now.

Is anyone out recruiting? I am going to go see if I can round up 3 more interested parties, but... well, we'll see.

So I did change it. Not sure if it's the best change, but again, always up for changing it even more. :D I'll get my character up soon.

Nice edit. Can't wait to see the character.

Ok, everything is set up too perfectly for me not to ask.
Lockhart, Can Julius be from Barrenshore? He refuses to talk about his past anyway, but the whole Mercenary and exportation of fighting men thing just fits so well.

Also, Murasaki_Sama, Do we need to have Magic included in our Country's bio? I have a tentative idea of what the magic might possibly be for Reinkuni, but nothing fleshed out.

Nope! Magic is supposed to be very secretive and hidden. The nation post is intended to give all the other players basic info on your character's nation, stuff that they would reasonable know (being trained for Reconciliation and such). Since there is no reason a person from one nation would have knowledge of another nation's magic, it should not be included in the nation post.

However, I would really like it if people talked to me privately, via PMs, about their ideas for magic in their system, to prevent any glaring inconsistencies in the system. Like, one nation having people with far more power than any other nation, or one nation being completely unable to do something another nation can do. Like say Nation A says that there is no such thing as demons or spirits, and their magic proves it...but nation C's magic system is devoted entirely to demons and spirits. It wouldn't make sense...

But no, not supposed to be in the profiles or nation posts. Its secret. Only put stuff in the nation posts other people might know.

Status
Not open for further replies.