Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I reserve nation 8 or are we going in order of numbers? :D

No, you can reserve any nation you want. That's why I made a map, so you could like, pick from the map. You want 8? Its yours, I'll go edit it now.

Yay I have... no one around me yet. :c never fear, I will soon. Working on character and nation now. Gonna go lurk and see the others first. :3

So, good news! I finished the map of the city! I mean, I'm sure the description was plenty, but I figured, ehhh...might as well make a visual reference. I added the link to the first post, if anyone wants to look at it. And no, I didn't label anything. Its sort of self explanatory, at least if you read the description while looking at it.

Bad news is I still haven't finished the maps of the palace or the heart of tears. On the other hand, I did finish the library, university and arena. Those maps are posted up individually, and the city map sort of shows their general location. I will work on the palace/heart later tonight and tomorrow, so those will be up before the RP starts. That way everyone can be on the same page as to where each mansion is in relation to the others, and which complex they have to pass to get to the Arena or whatever.

EDIT:: Posted up the Palace and Heart maps. And no, once again, nothing is labeled. Some of it I'll explain in posts, some should be obvious now. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

Oh, important fact - each nation has a small/medium mansion within the palace complex. I have numbered these mansions so that everyone has a starting point for thinking about their mansion/whatever. The shapes are ...vague ideas of what it should look like? Circles are towers, squares and rectangles are more traditional structures. But go crazy on the architecture or whatever...square buildings could have hallow centers, rectangles could only be built on three sides and the fourth side could be open, whatever you want. Buildings should be between 2 and 5 stories in height, though, I don't think its realistic for them to be much higher...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... this is the second time my internet has bugged out on me and erased my profile. >:[
Will try again once I'm not tempted to snap my laptop in half.
Apologies for being slow.

Its fine, I had the same problem. That is why I am now working on my second profile in scrivner, a writing program I have.

Or you could just, y'know, use Microsoft Word =P

Yes, true, microsoft word would probably be better for just writing up the profile. I just use scivner because i use it for so much else, so it is almost always open. therefore it is easy to just click on the program and start typing up a new profile.

hell, even notepad or tommynotes would work for a profile. any text edit or word processing program would work.

Ok tweaked my posts a bit more. Hopefully they're more organized now.
All the information is the same except for a sentence I added to Oujin's Bio about his stepmother.
I also added some links to a picture of both Oujin and Julius.

Very spiffy.
How did you manage to make the name part of the colored border? I want to be able to do that...

*Laughs* I had to ask Ryex for help on that one :D I kept trying to use the HTML version the way I would for a website . . . well needles to say the board code is entirely different
Any way it's a fieldset tag, so the code would read:

Code:
 [fieldset="text here, color here"] all the copy goes inside [/fieldset]

so if you made the color yellow it would look like this:

text here, yellow
all the copy goes inside

Sadly as far as I know the font style cant be changed on the header though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pattern
Ooooh. Awesome! Thank you.

I might go change up the spoilers on the front page, in the first post...hm...maybe later. but yes, that is a good code, I like it.

I might just steal that code from you, Falcon.

Fancy profile and spoiler-buttons in said profiles are mysterious to us.

Looks like we'll have to do our own homework on that, eh?

You new age humans and computers.

Anyway, we've finally put together our nation AND our characters. There will be two from us.

However, 'tis rather late here, and we do have real life responsibilities in a few hours time.

That said, tomorrow shall be the day when we will finally post it!

Until then, stay tuned.

Asha (can I call you that?), if you want help making your profile/nation sheet pretty, just ask. I do most of the formatting by hand, which means I turn off the rich text formatting and type in the bbcode on my own. At least, that is what I did for the first post and my profile post. I could format some for you and then send it to you in pms, and you could just copy the code and past.

Asha, it looks good so far! I would like a bit more detail on the abilities, skills, education and interests areas...like full sentences, but they are not really required. If single sentence bullet points work better for you, okays.

Neoh - you can reserve nation 5, yes. I will go edit that in now.

Ashalia's Nation Info is so organized ._. it makes me jealous. I have post envy.

Character:
Basic Info
Name: Mystisa Kahiya of Asiluppe
Sexual Orientation: Straight (for now)
Height: 5'4" // 163 cm
Birthday: 14 of Toban in 930 ER

Details
Appearance:
Although considered tall in Asiluppe, her height makes it difficult for her to be noticed among foreigners. Often she is caught with her dark hair in a tangled mess despite her furious efforts to brush them straight. Her slim figure is always draped with delicately laced textures handmade by the finest of Asiluppean embroiders. Her skin is considerably lighter compared to the rest of her caramel-skinned folk due to her lifestyle. Image | Image

Family/Friends:
Mystisa's father, Tandae Maayo Kahiya (normally just Tandae Kahiya), rules Asiluppe as the leader of the Council of Tandae. His word is law but the power has not corrupted his honorable heart as many Kahiyas before him. Her mother, Hylom, takes care of the family affairs and finds it her duty to raise Mystisa as a Kahiya worman of grace and humilty. Growing up most of her life in a restricted environment, she finds solace in the company of her adventurous little brother of five, Samok.​
It was difficult for a Kahiya to have friends outside the palace so it is not surprising that the only person Mystisa considers as a true friend is her Bantae or lady in waiting, Spia.​

Skills/Abilities/Training:
Her schooling aimed to prepare her for her sole "destiny" which is to marry another highborn. Although global affairs and history proved to be quite interesting, she prefers to spend her days secretly concocting various potions be it medicine or poison with Spia whose late mother once owned an apothecary.​
Official Titles:
Kahiyan Daughter (to fellow highborns of Asiluppe and some foreigners) | Most Pure Daughter of the Honorable (official/formal title to foreigners) | Anakka (trans. "Most Pure Daughter"; to locals) | Lady (to most foreigners; informal)

In Depth
Personality:
With her family and what few friends she has, Mystisa is witty, charming and able to speak her mind with confidence. Unfortunately, her lack of experience with people outside the confines of her home has made her stiffen at the company of other highborns.​
She strives to project the same graceful image as her mother which she does quite well until she starts to socialize. She is often clueless to the context of the conversation, making her the odd, awkward girl in the group.​
Towards her people and other lowerborns, Mystisa treats them genuinely as her equals and provides help when it is justified. She favors those who are willing to work hard but have no opportunity to do so. This is why she would offer beggar work rather than give them money or food.​
She is easily thrilled with the idea of adventure but never had the courage to start her own. Only when she is invited and the risks are little does she enjoy adventures. So when it comes to play, her little brother Samok plays the leader and initiates the adventure, while she is content of being the loyal sidekick.​

Biography:
Being the only daughter of the most powerful man in Asiluppe for sixteen years did not turn Mystisa into a spoiled brat. Her parents made sure she knew little of greed, pride, or suffering. They accomplished this by restricting her social interactions with children her age.​
Thus, Mystisa's maturity is somewhat lopsided. She reasons like a grown-up little child by making decisions without taking into consideration the negative aspects of humanity such as envy or pride.​
Growing up with a few interactions also meant she grew up feeling few emotions. Her stature kept her away from suffering and she was raised to not desire unnecessary things. Intense anger and passionate love are alien to her even though she has read many historical scenarios ignited by such feelings.​
At a very young age, Mystisa's parents explained to her that her destiny is "to be married and keep the peace". If not married in the Ritual of Reconciliation, then to another highborn of Asiluppe of a different faction. The young girl understood it as her duty and did not rebel against the thought, but this is only because she found no reason against it.​
When Mystisa was seven, Spia, a decade older, was appointed to be her Bantae. The Bantae took pity upon the lonely little girl and took it upon herself to teach her how to have fun like a normal child did. However, Spia's idea of fun is playing around with herbs and other ingredients to create potions for various use. Mystisa who had no hobby at all welcomed her lessons and grew to love the craft.​
The household knew of their potions practice and assumed the two girls were simply making herbal medicine. However, they were not aware that Spia was also teaching the little Kahiya how to create poisons. She believed the young Kahiya should learn how to defend herself but knew that the Tandae Kahiya and his wife will surely kill her for such an act. Spia made Mystisa, who vaguely understood the situation, promise to keep their poison making a secret.​
The birth of Mystisa's brother Samok was one of the most joyful events of the Kahiya household. Mystisa was quite fond of the little boy but she found it difficult to play with him. It took her a long time to realize that baby boys played with blocks and swords rather than dolls and books.​
When Samok already had a mind of his own at the age of four, he often coerced his big sister to join him in hunts at Kahiya orchards and other made-up games little children often played. Mystisa, of course, loved every minute of it despite ending up being scolded by her parents whenever they stray too far from their rules.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashalia's Nation Info is so organized ._. it makes me jealous. I have post envy.

There's actually a lot of things I missed out, like grammar check, more details on the villages, religion...

Considering you actually put theocracy there, it's strange that you left that last one out.

Hush you.

Meep.

Anyway, I hope you didn't mind me borrowing your mountain range to connect to mine. :)

Asha, it looks good so far! I would like a bit more detail on the abilities, skills, education and interests areas...like full sentences, but they are not really required. If single sentence bullet points work better for you, okays.

I was a little sleepy when I did that. I'll be sure to add in more details when I finish it off tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Fatal - I agree! Asha's nation info was so spiffy!

Asha - I figured you weren't quite done yet, so lack of detail was fine. I appreciate that you got as much as you did finished and posted so I could look it over. I'm waiting on the last part to officially accept the character, but I think that's mostly just formality at this point. ((Also, major bonus points to you for making a map! I'm not the only one.))

Neoh - Lets see. I am waiting on your nation post to make up my mind about your character (you do have to have both before I accept it). However, before you work on that, perhaps you could edit your profile a bit? The first image doesn't work. Both her personality and biography need some meat, they seem sort of...empty, lacking depth. That's fine, of course, a lot of times my characters lack all depth when I first create them. But try to think up a bit more detail and such. Finally, umm... the potions that Mystisa makes with Spia...are those magical, chemical or alchemical in nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.