Rising Smoke- IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arya nodded slightly, taking in the plan, when her mask gave off a shrill beep. "Oh god..... I hate that....No radios this time?" Despite her tone sounded a if she was complaining, she was being completely serious. The beep was so high pitched, it made her ears hurt badly, almost making them bleed. Sometimes her sensitive hearing was a blessing, but most of the time, like right now, it was a curse. She let out a sigh when ignored and looked to the newcomer, slightly irritated with how late he was. They were no longer able to choose which route they'll take, as Kase assigned them to a route (everyone most likely having taken too long to decide), and she left to catch up with the person assigned to her group. Noticing him examining her, she let off a soft growl. "I have a blade or two in my pocket, and keep looking at me like that, I will use it.... I don't care if you're an Underground or Gas Mask.... I may not look like it, but I can handle myself, and if you think I'll slow you down, I'll prove otherwise. Got it?" Her eyes met his evenly, some coldness within the "disinterested" gaze. "Yeah? Well, now that that's cleared up, let's head off, okay?" She rolled her shoulders before looking for a way onto the roofs. She found one quickly, walking over towards it. Climbing the hill, she found herself almost even with a roof and she lightly jumped, climbing on top. She didn't wait to see if Atlas had followed, already heading off where they need to go. Hey, if you can't keep up, you shouldn't be on field, right?

Kase watched as Arya walked off. "Well... I guess that means we're ready." She motioned for her partner to follow before turning, adjusting her mask and walking into the darkness. There was so much smog it was almost like night, walking off towards one of the manholes she knew was near. She paused above it, kneeling down and pulling out a knife. "Any kills should be quiet and undetected by the Gask-Masks. Understood?" Her voice was a whisper in the masks.

Rant was now hanging from the ceiling for almost half an hour, Dimitri was further down the tunnel. Rant thought about heading his way many times, but knew he had to keep his post. It was annoying how long this team was taking hours of surveillance would have been wasted if they didn't come soon. "Where the hell are they?" Rant gritted his teeth, the sewer water was completely still, the squeaking of mice and pattering of their feet echoed through his head. He felt his hands position themselves on the grips of his MAC11s, but stopped to slip his remote in his mouth. "Should I blow the door now? Damn they're taking too long. Screw it!" Rant clenched down on the remote, hisses of smoke started to come out of the cracks in the sewer. Finally a big "Pssh!" was heard and roaring smoke columns pushed out of all entrances and exits, the floor started to lower revealing a maze like field going vertically. The field made a weird "V" shape, one side leading to all the entrances to Gas Mask City the other to The Underground. Rant landed on a tall pillar amongst the sea of pillars, the whole thing had to be at least three stories tall and combining every metro and subway station in the city. Platforms seemed to be a rare occurrence in the maze of pillars, tracks provided feasible bridges across the abyss. Unlike platforms there was plenty of cover in the center of the maze which only accounted for an eighth of the space. "All right. Come into the rodent's den!" Rant started laughing hysterically.

Okami kept himself at Kase's back as he took out a mid sized curved dagger, that was his stealth weapon, he has a revolver in his pocket, but this is not the time for guns, he looked forward trying to see anything, the vision was very limited because of the mask on his face and smoke filling the tunnel's air, he was ready for everything, the pressure of the moment didn't affect him in anything, he could kill someone without even blinking, he just decided to follow his party.

Kasen crouched down as laughter echoed and everything moved. She sighed. "Crap... C'mon Okami. Stay close and keep your eyes peeled." She motioned for him to stay close to her as she avoided the water, silently walking beside it, trying to figure out where they were at the moment.

It's not like she had any maps.

Okami kept himself in silence as he followed Kase, none of them was really sure of their location for the moment, tho only thing that he could do was follow her to the exit, hoping that she knows the path to the exit of course, as they crouched through the tunnel a small light was finally at sight, he wasn't sure of what it could be so he entered in a guard stance, ready for everything.

(I have no idea of what i'm doing)

Reactions: DJae Writer Chick
When the message sounded in her gas mask, Arya sighed once more. "Kase.... Are you doubting my assassination skills? When have I let you down.....?" She wasn't sure if the message transferred or not, but she didn't care. She often speaks her thoughts aloud. She wondered, if by now everyone realized this, and thus that's why she has been ignored lately. Pisses her off, it does... She has three pet peeves. The first is time. The second is detail. And the third is being ignored. She'd rather be told to her face that no one cares than to be completely blown off. Travelling over the roof tops, she tried to calm herself down. She acted mostly on instinct, and if angered, her instinct says to fight fight fight, and she'll make a mistake. Doesn't help that her temper is horrid, but she does try. She finally stopped, taking a deep breath and closed her eyes, waiting for Atlas.

Atlas was quick to follow behind, sometimes too quick, especially when he almost stumbled into her quite a few times without her even realizing. It seemed as if she was deep in thought, lost in her own world as they'd say. He watched her from behind closely, worrying slightly only because they were supposed to be a team, even if it wasn't even one-sided. They jumped from rooftop to roof, silently as if their feet, or even their bodies were as light as air... Or how air used to be. The more they scaled, they more she seemed to be lost in emotion.
"Kase.... Are you doubting my assassination skills? When have I let you down.....?" Her voice was softer than before, almost sad. Atlas tried to understand but couldn't put the pieces together quite yet. Was it just friendship or...?

The order wasn't one to take lightly. They all knew that and had to face the music about the reality of the situation. They had just been told to kill someone just like themselves somewhat, flesh and blood, as if it was nothing, just like they all should view it as. Their group had to- He stopped in time as he spotted her just in front of him, growing closer by the second. He skidded lightly to a halt and let a sigh of relief out of his system when he didn't run into her. Why had she just stopped like that...? Was it to catch her breath or to wait on me?
"How are you doing?" He asks, curious. Atlas had never doubted her or his ability, if anything they would probably make a good team once they got past the whole 'lone wolf' thing they both seemed to have.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Kase paused near the entrance to the building. She wondered if there was an ambush waiting...hopefully not. She tapped on her mic, making a soft 'chhsh.' sound in the other masks. "All ready?" She asked softly, eyes glancing around. The mask trapped in the heat, making her feel almost like her face was burning compared to the cold she felt in the Underground, but she was quickly getting used to it. She glanced at Okami, raising an eyebrow as if to ask if he was okay.

@Shadow-Djae_Writer

Okami noticed Kase's sight, he moved his head up and down to response that he was fine, he just waited for Kase to open the door (?), then he heard a noise coming from not to far from their location, he quickly placed himself closer to the ground to make himself a bit harder to find, he glanced at Kase and made a sign with his hand to alert her of the presence of some unknown individual.

(I don't know what else i could post...)

((You're good))

Kase glanced towards the sound, then opened the door. She stepped inside, glancing both ways, keeping her back on the wall. She tapped Okami's shoulder to get him to come in. She'd close the door behind them. "Are you all in place?" She asked the other group, quiet in the mic.

When the male almost ran into her, Arya realized how close he already was, and became annoyed at her lack of attention to detail. "Doing fine. Stopped to clear my head before going further into enemy territory. " She didn't admit that she was waiting for him, too, since it was hard enough admitting to herself that she wasn't paying attention, which is rare for her. Shaking her head from side to side quickly, like a dog trying to shake water out of its fur, she forced herself to focus. Once she stopped, her black hair needed to be fixed from the wild mess that had formed. Just then, the wind picked up, making her sigh because her hair was tussled by the wind, ruining her recent fix. Suddenly Arya knelt, digging in her bag. She soon pulled out a four blades roughly the same shape and size, and handed two to Atlas. "You'll need something. ... Can't just walk in there unprepared. ... Let's go..." Closing the bag, she stood and put the bag back onto her back. She took off again, not waiting for a reply.

(Sorry it's not so good.... The people upstairs decided they were going to vacuum at midnight for two hours.... Didn't get much sleep. ..)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Something wasn't right. Dmitri suddenly felt weird. He readjusted the gas mask on his face as he watched Rant went away. He was still deciding whether or not to go to the main building or to stay in the sewers. He started brisk walking towards Rant's direction, occasionally patting the areas where he hid his throwing knives at. He was still pretty happy that he received the blade from Rant. A few minutes later, he heard Rant's laughter. His eyes widened as he quickened his pace. But, he ended up running to wherever Rant was since he didn't want to lose any moments. He followed Rant's laughter, which led him to the place which led to the entrance of the Underground and Gas Mask City. He looked up at Rant who was standing on top of the pillar. Dmitri gripped his blade, keeping his guard up in case anyone did a surprise attack.

Rant hadn't noticed Dimitri's presence quite yet, as he was behind him and Rant was to focused on controlling the giant structure. Rant pulled out his MAC11's the minute the tunnel door opened and "lit it up" changing positions as soon as he had to reload. Rant continued this hit and run tactic, until he got to the generator that changed the sewer in the first place. Rant pulled the generator's lever and the water systems kicked in closing off the exits and entrances to Gas Mask and Underground City, the water started rushing pushing anyone in the tunnels or subways out into his little maze. The push was harmless, but filled the entire bottom creating a nice pillow in case one happened to fall. But, even still climbing back up a pillar would be a challenge and the ones on top would have an advantage with a semi-automated or automatic weapon. "What the cat doesn't like water?!" Rant switched positions again the only thing giving off his location, being his laugh. On an occasion it would seem he was right next to you or had left the sewers. "No one leaves the Rat's hole unharmed..." Wires shot across connecting pillars outside the small central cover, Rant appeared zipping across one with a metal pipe landing on a platform. The minute he landed they snapped off, they were obviously a one time use thing. Rant threw the pipe to the side getting shooting up Kase's and Okami's cover to taunt them into moving, he hid behind cover to reload and waited for their move.

Kase cursed, flinching at the shots fired at them. "Split up and meet at the center. Don't get shot." She said to Okami.
Her next comment was to the entire team. "Minor Change of plans. Keep going the same way, but if you happen to run into conflict, just barrel through. Kase out." She ducked forwards, rolling and hiding behind another pillar. "Sick game of cat and mouse." She muttered to herself.

nivek was roaming the hallways in a gas mask suit that he picked up for the rescue mission. "sorry im late with the chatter i was busy anyway does anyone have a location on the pres." he asked over the ear phone mics.

Arya was still waiting for her teammates reply when she groaned as he gas mask beeped. Upon hearing Kase's comment, she forgot about the pain in her ears. "Know you're talking! Leave it to us, we'll sniff the rats out!" Her eyes glinted with what seemed to be excitement and amusement and she was about to take off, leaving Atlas behind, when she heard another beep. A newbie this late into the mission? Must be a last minute volunteer. ... She clicked her mic on, not having done so earlier, to reply to the new comer. "Well, newbie, Kase just contacted us and there was gun shots in the background. Kase and another newbie, Okami, I believe, headed into the sewers. My guess would be that those rats are keeping her holed up in their underground labyrinth. Reason it's an unescapable Maze is the fact that they have total control of the water systems, and once trapped, you can be rest assured things won't go smoothly. Very few make it out, but we've got a good team. We'll show those masks not to mess with us."

She clicked off her mic and forced herself to not dash ahead and focus on forming a plan. She dug through her bag again and pulled out a map of the sewers she had been making upon every field mission, knowing such a thing was needed. She found where Kase and Okami would have entered and marked it. She then calculated their average pace, using the pace they were going on before everyone parted ways. She figured out their current position, or close to, and marked it. Then she marked an area near a few close by generators she remembered to get down. After thinking a moment, Arya looked back to Atlas. "Okay, here's the deal. The north entrance would be nearly desolate due to the alarm sprung in the south. We enter there, we can navigate the majority of the sewers without fear of being in the middle of a water way change. We then can either try and take out the person manning the generators, who at the time we get here," she marked another spot," should be around here, or we can meet up with Kase and Okami and give , Em a hand. Whaddya say? You've been rather quiet....."

Arya paused before she sighed. "No the second plan wouldn't work... I forgot to calculate the fact that they have automated weapons. ... Hm..... Give me a moment, I'll figure somethi- Hold on... I think I have it... I hid a bow around here somewhere. ... We can use it to help, even if not all that much, to sway the odds in our favor...."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
nivek knodded then he decided to make his way to the sewers to see if they needed his asistance off of the report he just got. looked around to see if there were anything important to the gas masks that he could use as distration then he saw it. a comand room. 'wonder if the comunications were down they would slip up more offten' he pondered this thought for a while then decided it was a good idea to 'fix' the cominications to a more even level.

• Love
Dmitri looked up at Rant, his eyes widened but still held his ground since he knew not to interfere whenever Rant's acting like that. Unknown to others, it gave him the creeps. As the water began filling into the area, Dmitri jumped onto the pillar to prevent himself from getting wet. He watched as the exits to both cities being closed by the lever. "Well, there's no way out now..." Dmitri thought as he watched the closed exits before shifting his gaze to Rant, watching his every move. Dmitri winced slightly as gunshots were being shot. He didn't notice the enemy and he was completely open. Grunting, he quickly jumped down and hid for cover. All of a sudden, he remembered his throwing knives hidden under his sleeves and in his boots. He smirked, putting down his sword as he slipped his hands into his boots, taking out a few knives. From his position, he could see the enemy planning which gave him a chance. With a flick of an arm, he threw the knife towards their direction, slightly missing them a bit. After that, he quickly took cover, silently cursing his aim. He knew he couldn't replenish the knives since there won't be a way out unless the lever is pulled up and this isn't a game. Maybe to them it was, but not to him. If he wanted to throw more, he had to collect the knives back, which would be a pain in the ass for him. But, he didn't have a choice. Sighing, he gripped the handle of the sword in his right hand as another throwing knife in his left.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Okami looked back as he heard Kase's order, then he saw the two gas-masked ones, he noticed the one throwing knifes towards them, quickly he hidden behind a pillar, "Roger that", he replied through his mask to Kase. He took his dagger and proceeded to run to his destination, there wasn't time for fights and they where two, it was going to be hard, he could still hear the gun shots coming from behind him, "Hey, I shall fight? Or just leave them?"[color], he asked through the microphone added to his mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.