Rising Heroes OOC

@Luminosity
I've already spoken to use. Once you've finished making your changes you can move Akane over to the Character thread.

@Thaleko
  • Okay so, first and foremost, where is ramiris from? Probably not Japan I don't think. Europe? UA would definitely accept foreigners, but this should be include in her Sheet.
  • You might need to go into detail a bit more as to how a her quirk as a baby could kill her mother. It's not impossible, but with proper medical attention and the like I don't see how that'd be allow to happen. Additionally, Ramiris's quirk wouldn't have been that strong I don't think as a mistress. Chances are her mother had a quirk too or was fairly healthy. Maybe she was sick and a little on the weak side already and the pregnancy as well as Ramiris's quirk only made that worse? I could believe that. But you'd have to add that to the backstory.
  • You're not explaining the abilities all that well. What do they do? Take Bloodswarm, for example: Do the bats cut people, or cause blunt force damage by knocking into them? Can they pick stuff up? Specifics are key.
  • If her body is producing that much blood, does she like need to drain it from time to time? Where does it all go? Too much blood is also bad. (This could be a weakness of the quirk until she learns to handle it in some way. Do I hear a mission to gain training from Alucard? I think that'd be a cool arc.
  • IS BLOODRUSH A ONE PIECE REFERENCE? Probably not, but it does seem a lot like Luffy's Gear Second ability. So I'm assuming it makes her faster and stronger. But that's a very dangerous ability. Should only last a short bit. Doing it too long should wear out her body. Until she gets stronger and gains more control it should be very taxing. That's another weakness right there.
  • Overall, she's a GREAT character, but I need a few more specifics.
@Jessica2477
For Chitose:
  • Chitose is pretty cool, but I have some questions about the quirk. Firstly, it seems a bit tough. Like she is becoming the fog, but she can also exist within the fog. I'm a bit iffy on this, but I'm willing to let it slide as I'm sure with enough concentration and learning it would be more than possible and she was trained by a pro.
  • Still, if she is able to do that, I'd request you shorten the range down to about 20-30 ft. It's still pretty good if you ask me for a hero in training and given she can also move freely within the fog, practically teleport, and stuff it seems like a fair trade off.
  • Additionally, this is a dangerous quirk that could easily be broken in some ways against a physical combatant. So I'm trusting you not to make her impervious to physical damage. IE she can still be hit and has to remain on guard and dodge and move to avoid attacks. She has to consciously do this. She can't just cloud up to avoid attacks. I'm trusting you on that part.
For Eisuke:
  • I have no issues with Eisuke. I'm curious to see how we can develop him. Interesting that Chitose has the inferiority complex though. He honestly seems like the weaker of the two practically speaking.
@EternalInfinity
  • I've already discussed in private an alternative. You're character did not get a quirk from All for One (this is mostly for the others to understand).
  • That said, on the point of his quirk. As it stands, don't give his blade a specific metal equivalent. It take away from what they would be able to cut through and also takes away from what they can take physical. They aren't regular blades. In a way, they are Organic. Rather, just say that he can transform his arms into various blade.
  • With time and training he should be able to alter the sharpness at will.
  • Additionally, I believe a fair notion to add is that he has to know what the swords/blades/daggers/etc. he is mimicking are made of. This would make it so that he could potentially learn how to make other blades and more specific weaponry with time, practice and through studying. Like a chain sword, or a vibrating blade (get your minds out of the gutter it cuts through like everything) but these would be very taxing, very difficult and come much later.
  • On a different note, based on his life his personality seems to be off. By this I mean, it is a bit contradictory. I think it's the apathy, but I'll probably need to see a bit more how he is played before I suggest any changes to that. In the sense that, our character might not fit every trait after they are actually in game. But I mean, I'm pretty sure apathetic heroes and protags exist, so it's not a big deal.
@Orikanyo
  • Ori I love you. In fact, I love all of you. But I asked for lists in the personality section. Not just you; I've written this more than once
  • Aside from his legs, is he any stronger or weaker than a person? Don't he have regular legs or goat legs? If his durability any greater than that of a normal human? These are the questions I have.
  • Also, he shall become the Bat-Goat. I just know it.
@EmperorsChosen
  • I have no qualms. This is mostly because we talked about most stuff already. You can move Takagi to the Character Thread.
@RedArmyShogun
  • I also have no qualms. Move Misoka to the Character Thread.
@MrStoryTeller
  • Where is Eli from? With his name, probably not Japan. Or maybe he was raising in Japan? I brought it up for Ramiris I have to bring it up for him.
  • We worked on the quirk, though I do think the 300ft radius of motion for the wolf is a bit much at this stage. I don't know why I didn't bring that up before, but it's striking me now that I'm reading everything closely. Maybe shorten it a bit?
  • Another important thing I have to bring up. Why did his quirk manifest so late? The MHA world has established that on average children develop their quirks around the ages of 4 or 5 or so. If they don't they probably won't manifest. He'd be a something like a medical marvel. I understand that it might throw off the backstory a bit, but if it were weaker and not as trained it wouldn't change things as much.
  • Also, and I really hate to be that guy, but can you match the CS to my format. I provided the code and everything.
@Quake
  • I like Koza's backstory, but bro, 2-5 paragraphs. I'm not really budging on that. Can't accept it without some extension to his back story.
  • Also, same thing as with Eli. His quirk manifested really late. How come? If there's a reasonable explanation I don't mind, but I need something.
  • His quirk is a little iffy. A point to point speed based quirk is very different from what follows. I believe the best remedy is if he has enhance speed at base, give an example of how fast he can run. A car going 80mph perhaps? Having it as a point to point description makes his speed good for short bursts and continuous use would be almost impossible.
  • The cooldown is way too harsh I would argue. I'm all for good weaknesses, but in this case it shouldn't be so long. Lum has proposed he be "quirkless" for half the time of the duration used. I think he shouldn't be unable to use his quirk completely. At least he shouldn't be able to use his physical contact ability to immediately match speed. Only loses access to part of the quirk this way. However, his base speed (if you choose to go that way) should also be reduced by half.
@Childish Grumpino
  • I don't really have any problems with Asuga. Unless she also was a late bloomer quirk wise. But I just assume since his quirk requires something to channel the power through and a specific emotional state to activate, she wouldn't have found out about it right away. How did she find out about it by the way?
  • This is mostly for me not the sheet, though I'd recommend it be added to the sheet. Regardless, aside from answering that question, you can move her to the Character thread.
@Azurian Dream
For Imma:
  • Hmm I've discussed the quirk with you before. I already said i would help you change the wording a bit. I haven't gotten to that. But Lum has concerns and our talk was rather productive. The focus was whether or not she should have the eyes and physical quirk. It is called medusa's touch and the eye ability is tough to ground a bit. A good compromise would be focusing on the physical touch primarily, but also making it so she has to activate her medusa stare. This would also make it easier for me to help you with the rewriting of the ability. Would you be okay with this?
  • We have a bunch of "villain" parentals/guardians it seems. I'm not penalizing anybody. It's just interesting. But I would like to avoid that more here and there as we go.
  • Also, what is it with you guys and your late bloomers? Younger quirk manifestation unless you give a good reason.
  • Also, interesting that she's from Greece. That's not a critique, I just like it.
For Allo:
  • Since he is like a rechargeable battery, an added weakness should be that he is able to run out of energy if he expends it faster than his body can make it. I think that's what you're getting at with the exhaustion point, but it's not quite the same. So, can he run out?
  • Other than this question I have no issues with him overall.
@The Perfect Cadence
  • Why is her name Gladice? What that a personal choice? This isn't a big deal, but I'm curious.
  • We've got another late bloomer. But how late? Y'all like your late bloomers huh?
  • One to the more important part. I'm not sure I can accept her quirk. First and foremost, it's kind of broken in a number of ways. She can make anything. Without almost any tax on her body outside of it taking a while for depending on the item.
  • Her quirk is so dangerous I'm not sure how she didn't accidentally cause a disaster while young. If she did, I'm not sure they would have let her continue to live a normal life, let alone start trying to become a hero without nigh perfect control of it. She's messing with atoms. One wrong move, atomic bomb.
  • In short, she feels like Yaomomo dialed up to 11 and beyond. As it stands right now, Idk if I can take her. I really like her character, but for the moment, I just can't. Even if I do like her little bit of Todoroki syndrome with a tough papa.
@Mr.Scales ⚖
  • I'm not sure that Introverted is the right word to describe him. It's a bit contradictory. Also, you didn't need the little paragraph above the list.
  • How does he activate his quirk? It feels just like Recovery Girls, but you don't specify how he causes the activation. Her's is a kiss. Is his a kiss? Is it just skin contact? His hands? Pads on his fingertips like Ochako? Gimme the deets bro.
@Novuskai
  • First things first, you also don't need the paragraph there in personality.
  • How does the suspension end? Time based? Does Setsuna have to do something specific?
  • Also, and I know this doesn't seem important, but how is the direction the object will fly decided? By the last hit/strikes placement on the object?

@Demon Shinobi I kind of just put the paragraph for extra stuff honestly. Just a bit extra because I wanted to. Suspension ends when Setsuna taps them again. Usually with the hand that specifically froze it. Otherwise objects and the other hand that hit it influence it's power and movement. Suspension is somewhat based on that BOTW stasis, so yeah that last hit is what decides it. Which means if Sestuna releases it after somebody happens to hit an object back at him it's going to come flying back at him.

Reactions: Thaleko
@Thaleko
  • Okay so, first and foremost, where is ramiris from? Probably not Japan I don't think. Europe? UA would definitely accept foreigners, but this should be include in her Sheet.
  • You might need to go into detail a bit more as to how a her quirk as a baby could kill her mother. It's not impossible, but with proper medical attention and the like I don't see how that'd be allow to happen. Additionally, Ramiris's quirk wouldn't have been that strong I don't think as a mistress. Chances are her mother had a quirk too or was fairly healthy. Maybe she was sick and a little on the weak side already and the pregnancy as well as Ramiris's quirk only made that worse? I could believe that. But you'd have to add that to the backstory.
  • You're not explaining the abilities all that well. What do they do? Take Bloodswarm, for example: Do the bats cut people, or cause blunt force damage by knocking into them? Can they pick stuff up? Specifics are key.
  • If her body is producing that much blood, does she like need to drain it from time to time? Where does it all go? Too much blood is also bad. (This could be a weakness of the quirk until she learns to handle it in some way. Do I hear a mission to gain training from Alucard? I think that'd be a cool arc.
  • IS BLOODRUSH A ONE PIECE REFERENCE? Probably not, but it does seem a lot like Luffy's Gear Second ability. So I'm assuming it makes her faster and stronger. But that's a very dangerous ability. Should only last a short bit. Doing it too long should wear out her body. Until she gets stronger and gains more control it should be very taxing. That's another weakness right there.
  • Overall, she's a GREAT character, but I need a few more specifics.
Shes from Europe yes. If Im keeping to the Dracula aspect, then Romania specifically. Though Im not sure I want to be that specific? Or she could be from like France, or something. (I was thinking about randomly sprinkling french into her speech from rare time to times. I know nothing about Romania, which is why I was a bit apprehensive about it, but thats where dracula is from and yeah...

Her mother was on the weak side, with complications during pregnancy. (Some from Ramiris herself), but maybe from something else, unsure as of right now. Thatd be like further plot development specifically for Ramiris. And Ramiris has a life-force stealing component to her quirk. Sharing blood with Ramiris had this as a constant life-force drain on her. So yes, while it was weak, the pregnancy lasted 9 months.. so...

• Bloodswarm: She knows this already. Blunt damage typically, by ramming into things. And/or 'cutting' damage, by forming mouths to bite with. They CAN be made to pick stuff up, either enveloping them (theyre made of liquid after all), or by forming claws to pick stuff up. Usually this only happens if Ramiris is directly controlling them to do so. Theyre often just used as reconnaissance, cuz somehow Ramiris has a mild connection with them to be able to use them to spy. Though its nothing like looking through cameras or anything. (At least not in the beginning)
  • Bloodmist: Since her blood has lifeleech, when she has this haze of blood around her, when she hits/kicks/slashes people, the lifeleech takes effect. Also adds a very minor protect layer, and deters people from touching her. Starting out, this is a very light haze of blood, but as Ramiris grows as a hero can become quite a thick layer, to the point that she can completely envelop herself in blood. Thats WAYYYYYYYYY later though. -- Also provides reach on her attacks.
  • Bloodform: Basically what I as just describing. One of her latest most impressive uses of her power.
  • Bloodproduction: Hm. Yes! Maybe she does need to drain it! -- Typically, she DOES drain her blood, simply by practicing her quirk. So maybe when she doesnt, she does need to drain it.
  • Bloodrush: (yes it is a OP reference XD). Yes it acts a lot like Gear Second too. And yes, it is equally dangerous on her own body to use. So when she discovers this, she'll need intensive training to make it worthwhile to use. Itll be like a brief power-up, but then she'll have to stop it, otherwise her body could suffer great damages.
And thank you!! ^w^ <3

As for Alucard --yes, I was expecting her to need his guidance at some point! Maybe others could meet him too! I was wondering if he wasnt a villain though. Actually, maybe hes a top hero, but is secretly villainous, in the shadows? Maybe grey?

@Quake
@Demon Shinobi

As im not a GM, I dont want to encroach. But I had an idea for his quirk.

What if he started with like super-speed. Then as he ran, he'd gradually get slower and slower. Until he like "ran out" (like going on "empty"). Then after resting, he'd gain his speed back. Idk, think like a stamina bar that depletes as he runs. And for him to get stronger, hed increase that stamina bar -- giving him more time to run at super speeds.

Just my idea for it.

@Luminosity
I've already spoken to use. Once you've finished making your changes you can move Akane over to the Character thread.

@Mr.Scales ⚖
  • I'm not sure that Introverted is the right word to describe him. It's a bit contradictory. Also, you didn't need the little paragraph above the list.
  • How does he activate his quirk? It feels just like Recovery Girls, but you don't specify how he causes the activation. Her's is a kiss. Is his a kiss? Is it just skin contact? His hands? Pads on his fingertips like Ochako? Gimme the deets bro.

Yeah i didn't notice this until now so ill fix that! And yeah I just wanted to add some more extra details about him.

Oh yeah! I will add that to it since I forgot to add that, so I'll do that now!

hey! heres the edits i added to my bio, in case you didnt want to hunt for them

In history
"The daughter of the esteemed Alucard family, who are situated in Europe."​
note it says Europe now :3 tho still didnt specify if France or Italy or Romania or what, but i dont think thats super relevant, at least for now

also in history
"Ramiris's quirk was already there in the womb, sucking the life-force out of her mother. On the weak-side, from complications during her pregnancy, some of which are mysterious to this day, but which is mostly the result of her daughter, Mrs. Alucard died during childbirth. Ramiris's quirk has a life-stealing component to it, so sharing blood for 9 months drained her mother's life force, resulting in her death after her last feeble, yet noble action in this world."​
explains better in detail how her mother died

Explanations for her attacks are updated, here they are!
  • Bloodswarm: Ramiris currently already knows this special attack. She loves forming attack bats from her blood. She has complete control over them, though they usually seem to act on their own. The bats cause blunt damage by ramming, or cutting damage by forming mouths to bite with. Ramiris uses them for reconnaissance typically, as she has a connection to them. Though, they are able to ferry things around.
  • Bloodmist: An aura cloud around Ramiris. The haze of blood gives her attacks lifeleech, and added reach. The mist also deters people from touching her proper. As she trains, the thicker the mist can become.
  • Bloodform: Mature form of Bloodmist. Ramiris can completely envelop herself in blood, which is a powerful deterrent to others, and enhances her attacks greatly. Takes the shape of a bat and moves around. Requires a lot of blood to use though.
  • Blooddrip: Ramiris's fangs produce blood for her to use. She can control the flow her fangs release with training.
  • Bloodproduction: Ramiris's body, on its own, creates and produces an abnormal amount of blood. Which must be drained periodically.
  • Bloodrush: A 'late-game' usage of her quirk. Empowers the body, as her blood rushes through her veins. Causes her to smoke and gain a reddish hue. Requires intensive training to use properly. It acts as a brief power-up providing a boost in speed and power. This power is dangerous, damaging the body if used for too long.

And added these weaknesses :3

Stagnation: Since Ramiris's body creates too much blood, and she currently is not great at regulating it, she must periodically drain it from her body. This isn't usually an issue, since it drains when she's training with her quirk. However, if she goes some time without training, she'll become sick and bogged down, and will need to drain the blood from her system. The blood becomes stagnant, and poisonous.​

Bloodrush Double-edged Sword: While Bloodrush is one of her most powerful abilities. The rushing blood through her veins is extremely dangerous, as it can cause ruptures inside of her body. This ability can only be used for a short time, otherwise it'll inflict serious wounds on her.​

What if he started with like super-speed. Then as he ran, he'd gradually get slower and slower. Until he like "ran out" (like going on "empty"). Then after resting, he'd gain his speed back. Idk, think like a stamina bar that depletes as he runs. And for him to get stronger, hed increase that stamina bar -- giving him more time to run at super speeds.

Just my idea for it.

Thank you for your suggestion. It was definitely something I considered, however I really wanted to keep the speed matching aspect. I've spoken with DS and sent him a revised version of Koza's quirk for approval.

• Love

Just my idea for it.

Thank you for your suggestion. It was definitely something I considered, however I really wanted to keep the speed matching aspect. I've spoken with DS and sent him a revised version of Koza's quirk for approval.
Cool ^v^ hope you get it all worked out :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Quake
  • I don't really have any problems with Asuga. Unless she also was a late bloomer quirk wise. But I just assume since his quirk requires something to channel the power through and a specific emotional state to activate, she wouldn't have found out about it right away. How did she find out about it by the way?
  • This is mostly for me not the sheet, though I'd recommend it be added to the sheet. Regardless, aside from answering that question, you can move her to the Character thread.

Rodger dodger. She wasn't a late bloomer with her quirk. I guess she had the potential to be, but I guess if there's one advantage to being a musical prodigy it's that you have an instrument in your hands from an early age. I've updated her background to give a bit of info on the age she discovered the quirk/how it happened.

Why not we should have a cat Quake don't you want to be my cat owner wife xD