1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
A cab pulls up to the gate of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, and said gate almost immediately opens. The car then pulls through the gate, and heads up the long drive towards the School proper. This particular cabbie has made this trip before, he's brought many young people up this lane. He is trusted by the people that run the school… and not just because he, himself, is a mutant. As he has done nearly a half dozen times before, he stops in front of the school and promptly gets out of his car. He walks to the back of his car, glancing inside the window to the backseat of his car towards the young girl sitting there.

Her hands fidget in her lap as she stares ahead, she hasn't said two words since he picked her up from the airport. He's of the opinion she's scared stiff, or at least really really nervous. He pops the trunk and gets out 2 large duffle bags, setting them on the curb. He closes the trunk and looks into the back window, seeing the seeming frozen girl still sitting there. He sighs softly, and now moves to one of the doors. He opens it, peering inside as he speaks. "Young miss, we're here then. C'mon, out ya go."

Young Paige continues to stare ahead, but blinks then as she looks towards the cabbie. "Hm?" She leans forward to look passed him, seeing the school. "Oh!" she exclaims as she now slides out of the car, the cab driver having to step back so she doesn't run into him. She looks up at the school… letting out a soft "woooow" as she stares. She then looks to the cab driver and reaches into her back pocket as she speaks in a nervous tone. "'m sorry, mista. Never really been driven like that… do I… owe… money? Tip? How much is a good tip?" He makes a dismissive motion as he closes the door "All taken care of. Good luck in there, kid." She smiles widely and nods to him, reaching down for one of her bags. "Thank ya!" She hefts it over her shoulder as the cab pulls away, and she picks up her other bag. She turns and moves to the front door of the School, knocking on it. Kind of hard.

She was told to expect to see some… unusual… things. But she's a mutant, so she's kind of expecting things to get weird from now on in her life.

And she is going to love every minute of it.

So given that mindset, she doesn't scream and run away as a very large blue, furry man opens the door. He smiles widely as he speaks, opening the door fully to allow her in. "Ah-ha, you must be young miss Guthrie. Welcome welcome." She had actually spoken to this man on the phone "Doc McCoy, nice ta meetcha." She says in an almost shy tone, ushering herself into the building. He closes the door behind her as he speaks once more. "We're simply delighted to have you here with us, Paige. Your elder sibling is just as excited. It would be him greeting you, but he's currently enjoying a bit of training time. And alas, the good Professor Xavier is holding class as we speak. All that said, I am delighted to be the first to properly welcome you to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters." He moves closer to her, and she just stares at the large foyer she stands in, just fascinated by how fancy it is. He can see she is a little struck by the house, so he moves to her, his hand grasping the strap of one of her duffle bags. "May I?" She looks to him in surprise, and then to his hand. "Oh! Well I can handle… well…well okay, Doctor McCoy." She lets him take the bag, and he grasps the other one too with the same hand, hefting both heavy bags with that single hand. He starts towards the stairs as he speaks in a delighted tone. "Now, journey with me to yonder stairs and I shall lead ye to your new room. For the now, you'll be bunking by yourself. I do hope that is satisfactory." He looks over his fur lined shoulder to her with a soft smile as she follows him up the stairs, both hands gliding on the polished railing "Oh yes'ir. I mean I ain't had m'own room since I was just 2." She says with a gentle laugh. Henry chuckles also, knowing she comes from a… large… family. "I do believe young Samuel expressed the same when first he did arrive."

They stop a moment at the top of the steps, and Henry leads her down the hall and then to another hall, heading right. He stops at the last door, pushing it open with his free hand. "And here we are. La casa Paige." He sets her bags inside, brushing off his hands as he looks to her. "Given that, please make yourself at home. Some of the other students would be milling about, I'd say. And I've no doubt your arrival has indeed piqued the curiosity of some. Expect visitors, young lady." He says with a chuckle. She steps slowly into the room, looking worried suddenly. She looks to him, and then the room, and then him. He perks a brow, looking towards the room also. "Something is amiss, miss?" "Oh the room's lovely… just seems awful… big… for jus' me." Henry chuckles and pats her shoulder gently as he speaks in a soft tone. "Enjoy it while you can, Paige. As more students arrive, more of you shall be finding yourselves with roommates. But for now… this is all yours."

A soft beep then emits from the watch he is wearing, and he glances at his wrist as he continues. "Well that sound is the indication it's time for me to check on my mold spores." He looks to her as he smiles proudly. "I'm running experiments on the effects of differing atmospheres upon a class of fungus found recently in Scotland." She just looks at him oddly as he smiles widely, and he then bows "So again, make yourself at home, Paige. I do hate to be a poor host, but these are rather sensitive experiments. I shall be back posthaste to check upon you. If you need anything at all, just ask one of your fellow students, or use the intercom panel mounted just up the hall." She nods to him as she turns to him, her hands folded behind her back. "Thank ya, Doctor McCoy." He nods to her as he steps out. "Think nothing of it, my dear."

And so she stands in the room by herself, letting out a soft sigh. It's... a big room. At least compared to what she's used to. Which isn't a whole lot in the least. With a soft grunt, she pulls one of the bags up, setting it on the bed as she looks towards the window of her room…

Last edited:
Alex Summers aka Havok

Outside of Paige's window, which faced the rear side of the grand estate, she could see a young man firing off repeated blasts from his hands. There was another student nearby who seems to be critiquing Alex's efforts. After a while their practice seems to be over, Alex looking up at the window with an equally young red headed man. They look up at you and both wave with a pair of smiles.

For Alex, who has been here a couple of years now, finally coming into his own for controlling his abilities. His friend, an Irish lad who calls himself Banshee, life is at it's best at the mansion just now. The boys go into the mansion out of sight to young Paige.

" Mister Drake, who is the new girl on the third floor, blonde ?"

"Her name is Paige, Alex" Robert (bobby) Drake, aka Iceman, college age student teacher. " Her first day boys, give her a chance to catch her breath " Bobby smiled and went back to preparing the large salad.

At first it isn't really what she sees outside of her window, it's what she hears. She knew things would be odd here at mutie high… but she didn't think there would be such a ruckus either! She sets her duffle bags on her bed, and then she moves to her window in a light skip to peer out, to see what the noise was. Alex's power is impressive, and it can be loud. She squints blue eyes to see the boys better, her hands resting on the window frame.

Wow… those scary looking rays are coming out of that boy's hands. Kind of makes her own gift seem silly, and her older brother's. With a small smile, she watches the blond boy and the redhead he's with, now leaning lightly on her elbows on the windowsill. She's only been here 20 minutes and already she's spotted pretty boys. Good for her!

But when the both turn and see her, her whole body stiffens. Her eyes widen as she stands now from her leaning position, her cheeks reddening a little as she smiles dumbly. She just weakly waves back, and slooooooooowly steps away from the window. Nothing to see here!

She takes another step back, smacking her own cheeks to make them stop burning. Yeah that won't work. She takes a few huffing deep breaths, and she keeps an eye on her door, to make sure no one saw that little bit of embarrassment. That's not a good first impression. Or maybe she's watching to see if she gets any visitors, as Doctor McCoy said she might.

It's about then she spots a little wooden box on the dresser. "Hullo?" She says as she strides over to it. She peers inside, and her eyes widen with delight. "Oh! Stuff!" In the box there is a bunch of small trinkets… but more specifically things made of different materials. She plucks a note out of the box and reads it…

'Ms. Guthrie, I'm sorry I couldn't greet you in person. I asked Dr. McCoy to assemble this little welcoming package for you. Just some textures for you to study, to perhaps widen your repertoire. Sincerely, Professor Charles Xavier.'

"Neat" she utters as she sets the note down, a wide grin on her lips. She plucks up what looks like a small silver nugget, with masking tape affixed to it and the word 'adamantium' written on it in marker. Her head tilts to one side as she looks over the sliver of adamantium, never having heard of the metal before.

Alex Summers

Alex spends his next class thinking about the new girl on the third floor. She even waived at him. Sadly the teacher caught him daydreaming . This would cost him after class time doing some chores.

Even his friend Banshee had his share of playful teasing about it. He liked Mister Drake's class and all, but he hadn't had much success with Girls here yet and the situation was starting to bug him.

But when one comes to a school.. it is to learn. And to attend class. While this might be mutie high, it is still a place of education.

Paige was allowed to get settled in, and she was even offered to have the day free of classes. After her long trip, getting acclimated to her new surroundings. But she would hear nothing of it. She was given a little leeway to be able to go to class, even if she would have been late.

Mr. Drake would be in the middle of a lecture, when she steps into the room. Her long blond hair is tied back into a ponytail, secured by a blue ribbon. She's wearing a plain burnt orange sweater and blue jeans, and wearing a pair of glasses. Under her right arm she holds a text book, as well as her notebook. Robert looks up from his lecture, smiling pleasantly. He had been told to expect her, even if she would have been stepping in a little late.

"Okay guys, new student time." He says as he takes a pause from his lecture. Paige panics a little, but she keeps it under wraps. Robert motions to an empty desk near Paige, in the second row, and she promptly has a seat. "This' Paige, she's Cannonball's sister. So be nice to her or he'll drop ya off a cliff." He nods, some of the students chuckling, some groaning at the poor joke. Discretely Paige looks around herself as she sits up in her chair, sitting up straight, and she pulls a pen from her pocket, as well as opens her notebook. "You all can get caught up later. Now back to what I was saying…" and Mr. Drake goes back to what he was saying. Her big blue eyes linger on Banshee and Havok for a moment. Probably only because she recognizes them from the yard.

Probably.

Reactions: Gands
Alex Summer aka Havok

Alex was just barely keeping his head in the game here in Mister Drake's class when the new girl wandered into class. Now the trick is to keep from watching her the entire class. Sean kicked Alex playfully under the table.

upload_2017-6-3_0-54-54.png

After class, he did manage to join the crowd of other students welcoming Paige.

"Welcome to the Mansion Paige ! "

During the class, it almost seemed as if Paige was trying very hard to make it seem like she was very smart to her new classmates. For nearly every question from Mr. Drake her hand was in the air, and each time he called on her she had the right answer. She paid utter attention to the lecture at hand, though she did have to look towards the others a few times discretely. Because… pretty boys.

The class lets out and Paige gathers her things, her mind already on what was next on her schedule. But she was rather surprised when she got an impromptu greeting party outside of the classroom. She feels herself blush a little at the sudden and unexpected attention. But it wasn't unpleasant, of course. If she's going to be one of the leaders of this school (which she wholly knows she will be), she's going to have to get used to truly being the center of attention.

As the small crowd begins to disperse, she laughs lightly, hugging her books and notebook to her chest "Thanks ya'll, I really do truly appreciate the hospitality!" Her tone a chipper one. And as the crowd disperses, she does notice Alex and Sean lingering behind. She still smiles widely to them, now kind of rocking back and forth on her heels. "Hey fellas… you guys were the ones I seen blowin up the yard, right?"

Alex Summers aka Havok

Alex smiles a little nervously, giving a little wave.

"Yeah, that was me sorry. I blow things up, Sean screams."

This earns him a slug on the shoulder. Alex manages not to descend into sluggies with Sean.

" My name is Alex, Alex Summers, this is Sean Cassidy. So, do you know what class you have next ?

Paige looks between the boys as Alex explains/apologizes, and she laughs gently when Sean slugs him. For a moment, she's reminded of Jeb and Joelle arguing. And it's a good thought.

She smiles to Sean as he is introduced, her gaze then moving back to Alex as she still smiles. She motions to herself with her free hand "Paige Guthrie. But 'm sure ya'll knew that already." By now Alex and Sean probably would have at least heard Cannonball's voice, more precisely his southern accent. Which is kind of heavy. But it seems much less so in Paige. It's easy to tell from what region Sam is from by his dialect, but it would be harder to identify with Paige. Despite the fact they grew up on the very same farm.

She shakes her head a little, making a dismissive motion with her free hand. "No no, ya don't have to apologize. I knew comin here I'd see some odd things. And I have, but I love it here so far." She says with an excited grin, though she does her best not to grin.

When asked of her next class, her hand reaches into the pocket of her jeans and she pulls out a neatly folded piece of paper. She flicks her wrist a few times to make it unfold, and she holds it up in front of herself to read it. "Um… looks like Quantum Physics. Oh, taught by Doctor McCoy!" She says with a wide smile. That's an… advanced… class. Like advanced that students often actively avoid it. Between the subject matter and the fact Hank McCoy is teaching it..

Her gaze moves to the two of them, blue eyes looking between them. "Either of ya in that class? Mebbe somebody can lead me there?"

Alex listened to Paige as she talked. She had an odd effect, he felt more relaxed as she did so.
Sean, not so much though.

" Yeah, the professor thought that would be a good idea with my powers. Doctor McCoy is actually a pretty good teacher, good sense of humor. The subject isn't easy but He seems to soften the subject pretty well for me. "

"Sean has History, substitute teacher while Mr Logan is gone. When classes are done, maybe we could show you around ? "

From behind her glasses her eyes still move between the boys, that smile not fading in the least. When Alex mentions his powers, her lips part as if to ask something… but she thinks better of it. She is curious about their gifts… or perhaps she's anxious to show off her own gift.

She's in a new place, surrounded by people she doesn't know. And she wants to make it seem like she fits in, like she can be a leader here at the school. That's how it was back in Cumberland County… she excelled at everything in school. So perhaps that's part of the reason she's applied for all of the more difficult classes. But she also knows everyone here is a mutant… and she wants to fit in.

At least that's how it stands as of now.

She doesn't react at all as Mr. Logan is mentioned… since she has no idea who that is. But she nods promptly with his suggestion, pushing her glasses up a little on her nose. "Well that'd be great, guys. I'd love a lil tour!" It's then she glances over her shoulder, and she takes a step back from them, her eyes moving between the two of them. "okay, gotta get ta class, boys. I'll see ya'll later time?"

Alex

Havok has long ago become comfortable with who he is and the fact he has no comfort or luck dealing with girls he likes. He slugs Sean once who slugs him back, they smile and head off to their classes. Alex too has Dr. McCoy's class. He has gotten better with school. The beginning of every school year his grades start out horrible and climb up to respectability. He doesn't feel himself leadership material particularly. But he doesn't give up and always tries his best.

Alex trails along behind Paige now, not saying anything but wearing a comfortable smile.

All the way to class she smiled to herself, humming a soft song to herself. Along the way to class she is greeted by various other students… mostly boys… but she greets them all back politely. And every once in a while she glances over her shoulder, seeing Alex shuffling behind her.

Quantum Physics wasn't as… easy… as Paige had perhaps thought it would be. Oh sure she's studied it before, she would have to. But while it's more difficult than she was expecting, she still does her best in class to follow along with Dr. McCoy.

Classes end, and the students disperse back to their own rooms. Some have a room to themselves (as Paige does), and some are rooming with another student. And Paige, of course, remembered that Alex and Sean was going to show her around the school after classes. She knows Alex would be there, she wasn't so sure about Sean. She wasn't sure, even, where she could meet them when she last spoke to Alex. But they agreed that the top of the stairs was a pretty obvious place.

And so, that's where Paige stands now, humming again to herself as she looks along the bannister and into the lower levels of the mansion. She's still kind of blown away by the size of this place. Her hair is out of the ponytail, long blond locks lying about her shoulders. It's still too soon (in her mind) to be wearing the sort of things she would wear down home… so she's wearing a pair of dark gray (worn looking) jeans and a light grey t-shirt with what looks like a green eye on it.

Alex Summers aka Havok

Alex was indeed waiting after classes.Sean is there with him when Paige arrives at the top of the stairs.

" How did the rest of your classes go ?"

"Also, where would you like to tour first "?

Sean stood by quietly, being Alex's roommate they had come to an agreement to both be gentlemen.
" I'd like to suggest the library. "

PaigeBanner001.jpg

A wide smile comes across her lips as she sees the boys, giving them a little wave. "H'llo Alex" she says softly. She then leans a little to one side and gives Sean a little wave also "H'llo Sean." Her hands then would fold in front of her stomach as she speaks to them both, her eyes drifting between them. "Classes're easy, I kinda enjoyed 'em." Her tone is one of bragging, as if to subtly suggest 'yeah I'm brilliant'. She doesn't say the words, of course.

Her smile would widen a little with the suggestion of the library, and she nods as she steps closer to them both. "Oh, library would be wonderful! I was a helper at the library at m'old school. I know m'way around ol Dewey Decimal." She says with a small grin.

They get underway, and after a few moments of seeming awkward silence, Paige quickens her pace slightly to get closer to them. She looks around them all conspiracy like, and she then whispers, leaning towards them as they walk. "So what you boys know 'bout a super-secret mutant strike force?" She feels a grin on her lips as she says that, her eyes cast between the two of them. It's odd that she hasn't been here long at all (she's still the newest student), but she had already become aware of the rumored team.

Of course, her older brother and closest kin has been part of the school for a couple years now.

Reactions: Gands
Alex Summers

Alex walks along with the other two, his best bud Sean and pretty Paige, Sam's sister. They were heading to the mansion library when she asked about a super secret strike force ?

" Not that I've heard of Paige, maybe ask your Brother ? We have started phys ed classes where we work with others to use our powers to protect each other. "

As they reach the library, Alex and Sean open the double doors to reveal a beautiful classic library room, very large and also large upwards. There were students who earned credit working in the library, lots of seating and tall rolling ladders to get to the books higher up.

PaigeBanner001.jpg

Paige wrinkles her nose in a sour face as it is suggested she ask her brother. Well that's where she first heard the rumor, though he couldn't give her any details. It sounds interesting, she imagines like a police force made up solely of mutants.

"Phys ed, huh? Well don't worry fellas, I'll keep ya'll safe when the time comes." She says with a nod and a wide grin.

Paige steps into the library behind them, her eyes wide with awe as she takes it all in. "Holy moly" she says softly. It is grand in scale, but also a very basic library, with all the features of a normal library. But of course what Paige doesn't know yet is that there are many books in here on mutants and mutation, which most libraries really wouldn't want to carry.

"So where" she says as she now turns to them, her eyes moving between them "Do ya'll hang out when you're not in class or showin girls 'round the campus? In the yard blowin stuff up?" She says with a small grin, looking towards Alex.

Alex Summers

This time it is Sean who speaks up.

"The Professor turned one of the ballrooms into an activity center!"

Once again, the two best friends guided Paige to yet another large room. This one filled with seating areas, for listening to music, reading, playing board games, computers and televisions. The room was moderately filled with children of various ages right at the moment.

Both boys smile wide now watching Paige.

( Alex ) Now this.... is where we hang out !

PaigeBanner001.jpg

Ballroom? Eesh… this place is the ritz…

Paige follows along with the boys, now noticing more students around her. Namely because classes are out, of course. On occasion she would see one of the faculty in passing, and she's anxious to meet some of them. Rather, she's anxious to show off what she knows, what she can do, and that she's worth their time to make her one of the higher ups in the grand scheme of things.

As they all enter the large room, Paige's jaw goes a little slack as she looks around the room slowly. "Well ain't that just the berries…" she utters softly. After just a few moments, she realizes that she probably looks like a tourist or something. The country girl getting all overwhelmed by the city foke. She looks towards Alex as he makes his exclamation, and she is brought back to earth. She looks now towards the other students… noting that many of them are even younger than she.

Paige takes a step deeper into the room, now her hands tucking into the pockets of her jeans. Almost a nervous habit for Paige. She glances over her shoulders towards each of them, Alex and Sean, and then back towards the large room. "Well I can't see ya'll ever getting bored. B'tween this palace an our gifts'n all.."

Alex Summers

"Yeah, sure is something isn't it!. Your brother gave me my tour the first time Paige. Let's show you the dining room okay ? I am a bit hungry already. "

Alex and Sean walked Paige over to the dining room, set up like a small smorgasborg.