Last edited:
The blue woman yells out in pain again when Fandral lifts her off Laura, as it also pulls out Laura's claws. Being outclassed in strength and in pain, she can't do anything about being thrown to the far side of the room against a wall except grunt and spring right back to her feet. Kind of. She's a little unsteady as the wounds in her sides drip blood before she makes them heal over. The only downside to her 'healing' was that she can only close the wounds by making her biomass reconfigure. Replacing the actual lost tissue and blood would take a little longer than Laura or Logan would need to do the same.

So as the others arrive, they'll notice that she's breathing heavy even if her expression is calm and focused as she assesses them all. But her attention stays on Laura as she works out what to do next. Escape was not an option, Laura needed to be dealt with and then she knew an interrogation was in order for herself. The woman curses herself for not reverting to Maria Hill before the others showed, then at least she would have been able to give orders to the other agents for the only course of action she could think of.

We need to shoot her in the head, and restrain her.

Maybe if she had a comm, at least she could have used Hill's voice to relay that to the agents. But she had come expecting a nice chat with the girl, not that she'd need to give an order for a headshot.

When she sees Laura stab Fandral and go for Daredevil's head, she makes a move. She runs towards the door where her only obstacle at the moment was Captain America. Her primary objective for the moment was to get past Cap, find a blindspot and change into Hill . But her backup plan, should the supersoldier or someone else stop her, to at least try and sue a temporary truce to deal with Laura before she surrendered.

Fandral of Asgard

Incredible pain, only one other time had he felt such in the last three hundred years, pierced by a huge ice spear in Jotunheim. Asgardians are damned tough though, so he managed for the moment to cling to his conscious state. Now thoughts of pain, and distant friends wanted to get into his mind and he banished them. He was not to die here among friends due to some sort of tragic incident.

It seemed unlikely he could manage much going forward and moving his arms seemed out of the question due to the pain involved. Backwards, it was the only answer. Laura was behind and just a little to one side. Anything he could do would not be permanent even if successful to Laura the troll blood. He could see the blue skin heading this way to take advantage of Laura's attack. Little he could do about that at the moment.

He still had the incredible strength of the folk of Asgard in his legs. He started to let them seem to buckle as one might expect someone brutally ambushed and stabbed then used that motion as the beginnings of a jump backwards that would carry him hopefully with Laura into that wall with his full strength before the pain incapacitated him.

Wanda

Meanwhile, the young mutant woman had managed a deep thoroughly enjoyable sleep after dinner after her long before dinner nap. Then the full alert shouted into the intercom by Fandral. It did take her just a moment, but it registered and she sprang to life out of her bed. This may well startle poor Lincoln who was sitting near by monitoring her as she slept.

" Lincoln, I feel someone's pain, quick, the shooting range! You should alert the other agents, maybe seal the base ? "

With that Wanda, dressed only in sports bra and athletic shorts ran towards the place where she felt her team gather with as much speed as she could manage.

" Stop here for a moment, someone is coming around that corner, odd that I don't entirely ... "
She puts up a wall of red energy, her hands and eyes glowing.

Susan Storm.

Susan woke up groggily to the noise of Fandral's alert. She was in a comfy sleeping shirt as she wandered over to the control room. She gasped when she saw what was happening on the surveillance cameras. She managed to press the shield alert status button and began to seal off the base. Red alert claxons rang throughout the base. Did she notice the presence of drones near the roof ?

@Michale CS @Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @MST3K 4ever @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Daredevil could hear the foot cutting through the air, and he was aware of what it was aiming for. In one swift motion Daredevil was flipping forward, and as his weight carried him forward he delivered a shot in the knee with his billy-club. As he landed he gathered his senses around him and concentrated. The first thing he was able to sense was that something was off in the air. Granted, they were several feet underground and the air was a bit off already, but this was more than just that. It felt not only heavier but there was almost a peanut odor with it. Daredevil knew that this gas at the heart of what was going on. They were not only under attack, but if they didn't act soon then they would eventually be turning against each other. Trying to kill his new teammates wasn't exactly how he wanted his first day to go.

Locking in on the sound of Wasp's wing fluttering Daredevil tapped a section of the wall ever so slightly. He knew where the vibrations would lead. Right to Wasp's location in the air vents, and he didn't want to give her location away in case they needed her element of surprise later.

While the tapping wasn't that noticeable to everyone else to Wasp it was the sound of bell being rung, and she was standing next to it. The vibrations were enough to shake her slightly off her hovering position as well. When Wasp finally got her bearings back she shrunk down a few more inches and flew out to where Daredevil was standing. She landed on his shoulder and said, "You rang."

Daredevil said out of the corner of his mouth, "Get to the roof. Someone or something is pumping gas in here designed to get us fighting amongst one another. Hurry up before we start to kill one another."

Wasp replied, "I knew something was up because I can feel a little extra weight on my wings, and my heart rate is starting to accelerate more than usual."

With that Wasp took off through the ventilation system again. Within seconds she was on the roof, and Daredevil was right. There were two drones attached to the three filtration systems for a total of six drones total. Wasp shook her head and said, "Not cool guys." She was getting ready to fire a blast, but then realized if she misfired and she took out a filtration system the gas that was already in there would stay in there. Wasp said, "Maybe if I take out one. It's going to take some pinpoint accuracy." Wasp fired on one of the drones, and then suddenly the other five began to fire on her at the same time. Wasp took refuge behind a vent and said, "Of course, they have to be able to defend themselves. Why can't things be simple?" She heard one of the drones say, "Metahuman female. Exterminate without hesitation." Wasp shook her head and said, "Exterminate? It has to be the wings." She then noticed the security cameras and had an idea. She thought, "If I can keep them busy maybe that will afford someone else an opportunity to get up here and take them out." Wasp let out an exhale and said, "Okay boys time for some target practice. Hope your aim really sucks."

Wasp took flight and began to maneuver among the drones allowing them to fire at her. She said, "Hope someone gets here soon I won't be able to keep this up all night."

Reactions: Gands
"Sonofa-!" Logan cursed under his breath as he simultaneously watched Laura move in on Fandral and Daredevil, and the blue woman make a beeline for the door. But with Cap there, he had no doubt she wasn't making it through, or far even if she got past him. Logan's only concern for right now was keeping Laura from killing anybody, as in his opinion he was the one most capable against her. He watched Fandral attempt to slam Laura into the wall, while Daredevil dodged her kick and hit with a blow that he knew wouldn't even register. What did catch his attention was hearing the guy whisper to that Hope chick on his shoulder(Yeah, he could see her too) that there was gas being pumped in the air.

He'd smelled it before on the way here, but didn't think anything of it as he had been focused on getting to this crapshoot fast as possible.

If it's something in the air, I think I got a solution.

Logan lunged at Laura as she either broke free of the hold Fandral had on her, or took the blow, intending to get her in a sleeper hold and cover her mouth and nose.

Holds had worked on him before. The healing factor couldn't really do anything for a lack of oxygen. If only he could get his arm and hands in the right places, he could choke her out and end this.

And it didn't really matter how cut up he got in the process, he would take it to maintain that hold.

Captain America

Cap looked around the room, processing everything that was going on at once. He saw that the blue woman was trying to escape and he blocked the exit. " Stand down, we don't know what you want, but I won't hesitate to stop you. What have you done to Laura?" He asked, glaring at her. He wanted answers and he knew that for now the others could handle Laura. Hopefully, more back-up would come and he wouldn't be by himself. If he had to, he would attack and defend and make sure Laura couldn't hurt anyone.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was surprised when Wanda sprang up out of bed, but listened to her. " Okay, let's get to the shooting range. I suspect someone else can handle the red alert," he said, looking over at her and stopped when she told him. As she prepared her red energy ball, he prepared his blue energy ball and waited to see who was around the corner. He was sure that he would attack if they did first.

Grant Ward

Ward continued to drive through to the base.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @MST3K 4ever @Michale CS @Gands

Last edited:
jessica-jones-banner-png.157751
"Fuck." I felt like I'd been ten rounds with Luke, then ten more from Jim Bean, Johnny Walker, and Jack Daniels. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Turn that shit off willya?" The normally mildly annoying sounds of the general alert were amplified to 'my head is going to explode' levels as I made my way out of bed and staggered into the hall. I figured out about where the action was happening. Maybe I could punch someone that would make this racket go away.

When I arrived at the shitshow that was going on, after staggering past Sparky and Mind Meld Lady who looked like they were ready to do some anime level destruction on whomever came out that door, it looked really weird. And not weird for most people. Weird for me, and that's saying something. Fandral was hurt, there was a giant red-headed smurf in the room and Captain Morality was trying to keep her from leaving.

Then there was the raging murder machine with various people seeming to volunteer to be her next victim. "I got the door, Cap. You're the soldier... go... soldier this." Besides it looked like Smurfette had come up on the wrong side of the adamantium lottery, so it seemed like even a hungover me should be able to keep up with her.

"Oh, and somebody better fucking explain this bullshit because I'm in no mood to deal with angsty murder teen and whatever the hell it is you are, lady." Still, something in the way that woman moved reminded me of Hill. I had trained with the woman for weeks to brush up on my here's not how to get your ass beat repertoire. I couldn't quite place it.

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

That was all Jubilee was hearing while the alert went up. Finally, she saw people rushing by, and wondered where they were going, so she took off her headphones. She saw the other new girl zip off somewhere. Sure, the girl could fly and was the size of a Barbie Doll, but that didn't preclude her being followed. Then she went into the air ducts. "Okay, I can't follow you there, but you must be going somewhere." One thing that Jubilee was pretty decent at was security systems, having dodged them for years. It wasn't long before she had brought up the layout of the place on her SHIELD-issue smartphone. "All right lady... let's try to guess where you're going. The roof maybe? If we're being attacked and you fly... yeah, that's where I'd go."

She jogged over to the nearest stairwell and then made her way up to the roof, in time to see the drones and occasional flashes of what was probably the Wasp. Well, she was good at dodging, so Jubilee tapped her communicator, hoping that Hope had hers on.

"Hey lady, if you can get those guys to cluster up I can set them up the bomb..." Then she realized that she might not get the meme and amended it. "And by that I mean take them out. Explosions, that's kinda what I do."

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @MST3K 4ever @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Last edited:
Laura grits her teeth as the billy club makes hard impact with her kneecap, effectively shattering it. The kneecap, not the billy club. Most near her (or with really good hearing) would hear a sickening 'crack' sound. But it doesn't slow Laura, her knee healing itself almost as the damage is inflicted. She draws her bloodied claws from Fandral, and she looks like she's about to lunge towards Daredevil. But before she can move, she is carried backwards with the force of Fandral's momentum. She swipes at him as best she can as they head for the wall, but she's only able to graze one of his cheeks. She can't quite get a good shot in from the awkward position.

Thanks to Fandral's quick thinking, she hits that wall hard. She should cry out in pain as ribs are shattered, one of her wrists bent the wrong way a moment. But she doesn't. She is in so much pain, but she doesn't make a sound to acknowledge that. Fandral's form falls away from her as he loses consciousness, and she kind of slumps down to the ground.

She feels like she is fighting the bear again.

A little dazed, she is still able to spring to her feet as her body makes itself whole once more. Captain America is closest to her, so he suddenly becomes her target. She lunges towards him… but senses something else moving to intercept her. She stops on a dime and sends an elbow backwards to try and clobber Logan right in the kisser. But… she is still flesh and bone (mostly bone, like 98%). So wherever she ends up hitting him, its like she put all of her strength into punching a steel wall. His adamantium skeletal structure would have just about that much give, too. She feels her arm deaden as her elbow almost cracks, and then she is caught. Her eyes widen as she struggles against him, as she tries to stab his arms (but once more she can't quite get a good angle). As it has been noted before… Laura (in the opinion of some) is much faster and agile than Logan. She is usually more precise. While he can be more vicious, he is definitely stronger than her. He has the win in the brute force department. So when he wraps her up, she simply can not break the hold. But she doesn't give up. She tries to squirm free of him, her hands clawing at his arms. At one point she even tries to bite him. Her chest rises and falls more rapidly as she tries to drawn in more oxygen, but that hold simply will not allow it. Her movements start to get weaker, but she does not stop fighting. While she may be Wolverine's clone (or genetic twin, or effectively a daughter), she isn't the same as he. But the one thing they both wield is an indomitable spirit. And they each would only stop fighting when they are incapacitated. And that's just where this is going.

She grabs hold of Logan's wrists as she continues to try and fight, rearing back to attempt to jam her heel into the base of his ankle. But slowly… eventually… she starts to gasp desperately for air. Logan would feel her tense form loosening, and her eyes roll into the back of her head as her hands fall to her sides, her claws retracting abruptly. She is out.

The drones disengage from the vents as they are threatened, each drone tracking Hope's movements. There were 5 left, and they were in a defensive protocol at this point. The 'mind' of the drones are 'difference engines'. They calculate odds of accomplishing their mission based on the factors of the environment they are in. 1 drone destroyed by a metahuman, one that has limited abilities. Odds are good for the drones, so they engage. They begin, as one, to calculate her flight patterns. How she dodges, working on probability trajectories. And just as they are about to begin countermeasures, another shows up on the roof. The odds just shifted.

So from a defensive position… the drones go full kamikaze. As one they know the odds are getting worse now, and they will only get even worse. So the drones all stop in midair, and a soft whining sound is heard. Like something powering up. 2 of the drones suddenly zoom in Hope's direction, the other 3 making a beeline for Jubilation. And after just a second or so of flight, the drones detonate themselves at the same time. Not giant explosions, but good sized nonetheless. They are small drones, after all. The hope is to merely do damage to their enemies, while at the same time destroying themselves. Destroying whatever evidence there is.

The drone Hope destroyed… it glows a soft blue color, and simply melts in a pool of metal and plastic. But laying atop the little puddle that was once the drone.. a small pin. A pin with the 'Hydra' emblem upon it. As if to act as a calling card…

The blue woman skids to a stop when she's now confronted at the door by Jones in addition to Rogers. One super-soldier she could have passed. Now two powerhouses, a blind ninja, and an indestructible brawler who was likely to join in soon as that hold on Laura put her out for good. Not good odds.

With the odds well out of her favor to escape and resume her disguise as Hill, the as-yet unknown woman decides it is best to surrender. She stands straight, puts up her hands and says calmly in the voice of Mariah Hill "Stand down. I surrender." Moments before changing into Hill again as she had been before Laura was triggered.

The woman sighs looking at everyone assembled. "A proper introduction is in order now that Laura is subdued. I am Mystique, although you have known me as Deputy Director Mariah Hill." She introduces herself before a pair of agents arrive and come around behind Jones. She puts her arms out and legs together towards them "Agents, cuff me."

The pair are confused. One asks "Why would we do that Deputy Hill?"

"Because-" She pauses to change back into her blue form which causes them to draw their guns on her. "- I am not Deputy Hill. It has been my experience that others are more comfortable when I'm detained. Now please, cuff me, so I can explain elsewhere. I will even make it enjoyable for you." She changes again but into Jessica. In black lingerie that leaves little to the imagination. The agents both cough as they come around the real Jessica to place cuffs on her hands and ankles. The one cuffing her ankles tries not to linger too long on her long slender legs or other points of interest.

"Well Captain. Let us discuss, shall we?" Mystique asks addressing Rogers directly, still as Jones in lingerie.

Susan Storm

Susan was manning the security panel, watching as the action went down. She noted one certain significant injuries, Fandral. She was about to send someone to the roof when Wasp showed up there. Then back to the screens as the shape shifter made her move. There were though too many heroes for her to get past. Then Jubilee was up on the roof, then the drones exploded.

Using the base intercom.

"Agent Lincoln to the roof please, there has been a set of explosions, Daredevil, can you ascertain Fandral's medical condition please ?"

Using the base computer email... To Nick Fury. . .

(" Nick, Deputy Chief Hill has turned out to be a blue skinned shape Shifter here. She is in Custody. Perhaps a good idea for you to come back?)

Again using the base intercom.

" Wanda, I expect you'll be needed to interrogation please. Jones, you may need to move Fandral, he weighs near six hundred pounds. "

Cripes, what else could happen.

Wanda

Wanda stood down her power to a low level, ready to resume but not using as much of her personal endurance to keep up. She looked over to Lincoln when there names came up on the intercom. She looked at the medical agent with a smile.

" Thanks Lincoln, I'll see you in a little bit. '

As the group with .... Jones ? Oh, shape shifter/Hill... Came by, she fell right in behind them. She restarted her telepathy, using it to keep track of surface thoughts on the shape shifter and gently expanding, for the others only a mental fingerprint for location purposes. All of their injured were alive. Fandral had the most serious injuries, and while he wouldn't win any healing races, he seemed to be stable.

Fandral

The Asgardian was semi conscious. There was pain, things were a bit foggy. His mind notes the lawyer guy getting close for a moment with his head cocked. Then his foggy brain notices Jones in something dark and silky. He thinks he might have laughed, but he isn't certain. He could hear her bitching about the noise, now he was certain he laughed.

As he feels himself being carried off... he spots Logan with Laura ... at least he thinks so.

" Logan... bring the Meade ! Jones, you own lingerie ? " Then he feels something smack him and he goes back to sleep.

@Camleen @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9 @MST3K 4ever @Ms.Ezra

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
Wasp hovered in place to try and catch her breath. The act of flying itself didn't take a lot out of her, but at her size swishing and rolling through the air currents played Hell with her wings in terms of aerodynamics. The young lady who came to help her out was a welcomed sight, and she was more than willing to let her help. However just it looked like they would be gaining the upper-hand the drones self-destructed.

She flew over to the young lady and said, "Thanks for being willing to help me out, but it turns out that it wasn't needed." Just then she noticed the blue pin and her blood ran cold as she flew to it and picked it up. It was a symbol she was hoping she would never see again, but Wasp knew that sooner or later she would see them again. She flew over and picked it up. Wasp said, "Hydra. Should've known they would be behind this." Wasp rubbed her forehead and said, "Oh mom said that there would be days like this." She picked the pin and said to the young lady, "By the way my name is Hope, but when I'm like this I'm known as the Wasp." She motioned to the young lady and said, "Come on there isn't much more up here that we can do."

Wasp began to fly down through the vents and back into the main part of the base with the Hydra pin. When she saw everyone going on their ways Wasp flew into the security room where Sue was. Wasp dropped the pin in front of her and said, "Found this in one of the drones." Wasp landed next to Sue and changed back into Hope and said, "This was meant to send us a message. If they wanted to they could've killed us all."

____

Daredevil heard Sue's request concerning Fandral. He knew something had knocked him unconscious as he put a hand on his shoulder to try and ascertain his medical condition. Daredevil wasn't much of a doctor but having taken several hits over the years he understood the human body. Enough to know when something was broken or merely sprained seeing as how on more than one occasion he even had to set a bone or two on himself, or pop something back into place.

Daredevil said, "Some contusions and he got his bell rung pretty good which probably means a concussion. Overall though he should be fine in a couple of days." Daredevil followed the group getting ready for the interrogation and said, "This sounds like something I might be able to help out with."

Laura's elbow hit Logan square in his jaw, but that elicited no more than a grunt of pain and annoyance, and a faint 'clang' as his adamantium chin held solid against the full force of the blow. He wrapped his right arm around her waist and squeezed her tight as he could. The left arm he put around her neck and squeezed just as tight to cut off her windpipe.

Her nails and claws did their damage, the claws even scratched against his bones, but Logan took the pain in stride and held tight to Laura until he felt her go limp in his hold. By the end Logan had a good amount of his own blood on him. "Time out for you now, kid." He said to her when he heaved the unconcious young woman over his shoulder.

That done, Logan brought his attention back to the other danger point of the room just in time to watch the woman put up her hands in surrender. To which he sighed, relieved he wouldn't have to try and fight her while also making sure Laura was still out. That relief gave way to confusion when he heard the woman surrender, in Hill's voice. The confusion thickened when she changed into Hill before their eyes.

What the hell happened to Hill? He thought and grit his teeth, thinking this intruder had recently taken out Hill and taken her place. He was so concerned about Hill that he didn't even react to the change to Sexy Jones. He just held tight to Laura and fell in behind the woman who called herself Mystique, eyes forward keeping an eye on her for any sign she might try to fight and get away.

• Love
Reactions: Camleen
Captain America

Captain America had expected to have to block the door or defeat the woman in a match. So it certainly surprised him when she surrendered herself over to them and revealed who she was. It was never good when there was a variable in the mix and it was even worse as it meant that another Shield Agent was compromised. First, Agent Ward with being HYDRA and now Agent Hill as a blue shapshifter. Could he truly trust Fury with his recruits if moles were already appearing amongst the ranks? He trusted Agent Campbell for now, but he would keep him an eye on him now. " Discussing will be fine with me, but I prefer that you don't look like one of my teammates as we do so. I'd rather have a clear mind and this-," He gestured to Mystique. " Is not very professional for a discussion we are about to have.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln smiled and nodded as he headed up to the roof, making note to check on Wanda later. " I'm on the roof, what am I looking for?" He asked.

Grant Ward

All he could do was drive until he got there. Why the fuck was it so far away?

@Michale CS @Gands @Camleen @Sir Kaltao @MST3K 4ever @Ms.Ezra

Collaboration with Fandral @Gands

Some time later, in Jessica Jones' quarters...

Fandral wakes with a sheet over himself, still mostly out of it "You look almost as good undressed as I do !"

Jessica's eyes narrow - "That was the shapeshifter. Keep making that kind of comment and I'll knock you out again." But... there was a slight smile on her face just the same.

"You're feisty for a guy who just took the stabs you did. The way you were wheezing when I first brought you in sounds like you might have a punctured lung. Or had. Not sure how insane Asgardian healing is."

Fandral coughs lightly, a little blood in the spittle. " Sadly my lady, not as good as the troll bloods in our company, but this should be fully healed in a day or two I think. If by the way, you ever find yourself fighting any of the trollbloods, particularly her, pull off her arms."

"I'm not looking to do that any time soon, and secondly... ew. No. It'd be knee to the solar plexus and fists to her temples to daze her, then grab her arms to cross them across her chest, maybe dislocate a shoulder. I'm not a murderer, and I'm pretty sure even if she survived me doing that I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterward - she's a kid." Jessica shook her head, truly repulsed by the plan of action proposed by Fandral.

" I understand, I consider her my friend... but the state she was in...Yes, you could do that, but then you'd have to keep doing it. She would survive my way any how, but it would give you time to restrain her properly while everything grew back."

"I could live with doing it my way. We need to invest in an electromagnet. That worked well for the geezer in purple. Just put her in a room with a magnetized floor til her mad wore off." Jessica quipped as Fandral laughed and coughed.

Jessica shrugged. "I dressed the wounds, used some of that spray liquid bandage crap they have in the SHIELD lab. You need anything else? Water or food? Because you're staying put til you won't burst open all over the floor of my room. Yes, mine, because I didn't remember where the fuck yours was."

Fandral laughed and coughed a little. "Oh the scandal, worse, without any truth to it ! No milady, I shall be right as rain, or much closer to that with some sleep. Though I wouldn't object to a cuddle" He laughs. "My room is three down on the opposite side. All of my stuff is packed and the bed made ! As comfy as you could wish for ! "

"Because of my mixing Jose Cuervo with whatever Asgadian legend that mead is named after, I'm going with Fenris because of how it bit my ass the next day - I just got up a few minutes ago and my hangover is nearly unrivaled, despite my still carrying a slight buzz right now. I'll just... sit here and wait for Captain Morality to call a debriefing while I babysit you." She grabbed a chair, flipped it around and straddled it, crossing her arms over the chair back, looking over at him.

Fandral would note that there were a few books on the bookshelf - a couple of which were specifically about Norse and Asgardian legends. "You'll need a new set of books my Lady, I am Elven on my mother's side!"

She looked over then back to him. "What, that? I was just... researching Asgard, since you said you wanted to give me the dime tour someday. Besides, the only books on Elves I could possibly get are probably fiction or comic books- not that I've looked."
After a moment, Jessica shrugged. "Okay maybe I have. All I can say is there are some insanely bizarre people out there, especially when you mention shit like that on the internet."

Fandral laughs harder now, gradually convulsing until he can neither breath or laugh for a moment, tears in his eyes.

"Shit. Maybe I should go. Much more of this and you'll pass out again. Anyway, I've researched all of you, as much as I could. Cap was easy as was Hill, but Hill's not Hill. Though... I'm really not sure which side she was on. If she were a bad guy there's no way she'd set herself up to get a belly full of metal from our little rage monster. Not after working and training with us all this time. She'd be smarter than that, and set it up so only those she wanted dead were around when Laura went apeshit." She stared at the ceiling, pondering the situation.

"Even after capture, or so I thought? addled as I was with her wearing your naked legs... She seemed very confident didn't she ?"

"Pragmatic. She knew she couldn't get past me and Cap, I saw it in her eyes. She turned herself in. Though a shapeshifter and handcuffs is sort of like holstering your weapon, to her. She could just shift out of them, presumably. Naw, I don't think she's HYDRA. I think Fury knows who she is and assigned her here. It didn't make sense to have normals, even trained ones, alongside people like Wanda, Sparky, You, and the rest. Hell, even Cap is well above a regular person."
She shook her head. "And face it, a government agent keeping shit from even his own team, pretty believable."

" Indeed so, Fury is an excellent spy, as a general I remain unconvinced. Perhaps young Wanda can ferret out the truth. " Fandral replied.

"Sure. The mind witch probably can get it out of her. I'll let Rogers and the others figure out what they want to do, I'm just here to punch things and notice shit." She stood and went over to a cabinet, grabbing a Red Bull, thinking about it, and grabbing a bottle of water too.

Jessica walked back over to Fandral and extended the water bottle to him. "Can you sit up or do I need to help you? I'm pretty sure even Asgadians would heal better if they replace fluids they lost."

He props himself up slowly, leaning on the unwounded side, slowly using the arm on the wounded side to take the water. " Now what is that word you people use ? Smart ass I think Darcy used alot ." The Asgardian replied, grinning. Yes, that's it " He drinks the water.

"Now my Lady, why strike at us now ? "

"My guess, something happened on that trip we made. Something on that old base before we met Magneto, or maybe when we got back. Laura's volatile, but she's not randomly psychotic. This was triggered. Hypnotism, mind control, drugs. I've seen way too many people under the influence of mind control for one lifetime." She popped open the Red Bull and chugged half of it down.

" Indeed so my lady... She was perhaps known to our enemies... Who thought they could trigger her, as you say... into killing some of us. Lucky for us, her first intended victim was the shifter, who seems... tough ?"

"I'd imagine shapeshifting gives you a hell of a healing factor. And, if that was the first intended victim - that further cements in my mind that this blue smurf woman is on our side." She finished the energy drink with another gulp and tossed it over to a trash can, where it clanked on top of other cans of various types inside it.

"She was the first on the scene with Laura, whose claws were buried in the blue woman. I leapt over them, grabbing Not Hill and tossing her to the far side of the room." Fandral recounted.

"Seems not the smart thing to do if you're setting off a killer rage in someone, being the first there. Unless there was a control word that backfired. Somehow I doubt that. I'm still going with Hill having to reveal herself because she got skewered, rather than her working with the bad guy."

" I cannot argue against that my lady. But I think me now I must seek slumber, I thank you kindly for the use of your bed and watching out for me. " He smiles at her, as a friend might.

She flew over to the young lady and said, "Thanks for being willing to help me out, but it turns out that it wasn't needed." Just then she noticed the blue pin and her blood ran cold as she flew to it and picked it up. It was a symbol she was hoping she would never see again, but Wasp knew that sooner or later she would see them again. She flew over and picked it up. Wasp said, "Hydra. Should've known they would be behind this." Wasp rubbed her forehead and said, "Oh mom said that there would be days like this." She picked the pin and said to the young lady, "By the way my name is Hope, but when I'm like this I'm known as the Wasp." She motioned to the young lady and said, "Come on there isn't much more up here that we can do."

Wasp began to fly down through the vents and back into the main part of the base with the Hydra pin. When she saw everyone going on their ways Wasp flew into the security room where Sue was. Wasp dropped the pin in front of her and said, "Found this in one of the drones." Wasp landed next to Sue and changed back into Hope and said, "This was meant to send us a message. If they wanted to they could've killed us all."

Jubilee tagged along as best she could, nodding to Wasp. "Jubilee. I was just walking in when you showed off your stuff earlier.", what with Hope being able to take a more direct path, even at her best pace, Jubilee arrived just as Hope was explaining the bit about the pin.

"Naw, I don't agree, Wasp. Generally if HYDRA wants you dead they make you dead, and they're not in the habit of sending resources out to 'almost' do the job. Either they genuinely wanted us dead and got their scaly butts handed to them, or they had another goal. My bet is on another goal. I'd check to see if anything is missing or if they accessed any of our data files while they were here."

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @MST3K 4ever @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

As the group discusses Hydra and proper etiquette for addressing shape shifting spies, Laura just dangles over Logan's shoulder. Her body mends itself slowly, as it always has. While her body is momentarily incapacitated and draped over Logan's shoulder… her unconscious mind is free to wander.

There is naught but white walls around her. A room, her room. Stark in its bareness. No pictures upon the walls. No wardrobes. No closets. No television. No radio. No phone. No windows. One door. Not the sort of place one would want to raise a little girl in. But that is precisely what has happened. The child is no more than 5, and has never seen the sun. Or the grass. Or a trickling stream. She has only known this room. She has only known torture. She has only known her 'lessons'.

And she has known love.

10 years old now. Now her curriculum has expanded. If she took the wealth of knowledge she has now into the outside world, she would be able to graduate from a prestigious college. She could kill any man in one on one combat. Probably more. Despite all of this, in many ways she is an empty shell. And that is how it was meant to be. A weapon to be used. To be commanded. A patent. Property. A tool to be used for whatever her masters see fit. But in the darkness of her soul, there has been 2 teeny tiny shimmers of light. One was 'sensai'. She never knew his real name. He was an older gentleman, and he taught her to fight. Well.. he taught her a few different styles of combat. But more than that… he was kind to her. Despite his orders, he treated her as a respected student. He was proud of her progress.

The last time she saw him, she was covered in his blood and his body was sliced to ribbons.

That other shimmer of light… the woman that she was born of. She rarely spoke to the woman, she was trained to only speak when spoken to. But on the occasion when they would sneak secret conversations, she addressed the woman as 'Dr. Kinney'. She was kind to X-23. While Dr. Kinney did instruct X-23 on how she has to behave according to her masters… she also tried to bring out some humanity in the child. X-23 had no other forms of tender contact with another human being. Ever. She was dragged by people. Thrown. Hit. Cut. Tortured.

But when she was with Dr. Kinney in the white room… for the briefest of moments she felt… safe. There was nothing beyond those awful walls. Looking back, she even felt love. A connection with the woman. Perhaps because Dr. Kinney was the only real human contact or conversation she had. Or was allowed to have. Or maybe because it was deeper than that. Every other day Dr. Kinney would visit her. And when those days came around, they were the best days of her life. Without question. She would lean against Dr. Kinney as the woman was seen reading books about warfare or military history to X-23. But in reality.. she snuck in torn out pages from books, and read those books in their entirety to Laura. It did take many months, but they got through quite a few books together. And X-23's favorite,' Le avventure di Pinocchio'. Or 'The Adventures of Pinocchio' to you and I.

And the last time she saw Dr. Kinney… X-23 was covered with her blood, and she had been hacked to death. But before she passed, Dr. Kinney told her something… a few little tidbits of information.

Her name was Laura, not X-23. 'Her Laura', Dr. Kinney said.

'Her Laura'.

'The Fairy with Turquoise Hair smiled simply to the little hopeful puppet. "To make Geppetto's wish come true will be entirely up to you" she told the puppet. And the puppet answered "Up to me?" The Fairy stirred the porridge, boiling in milk. "Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish and someday you will be a real boy."'

With a gasp Laura's eyes spring open, and she immediately starts to struggle as she hangs over Logan's shoulder. But quickly she settles, and she looks up/down towards the floor, and then leans out a little to look passed Logan. "Why… why am I hanging upside down?" She asks softly… wondering why her neck hurts a little. The smell of blood is thick in the air, Fandral's blood. Don't ask how she knows what Fandral's blood smells like.

"My apologies. I just can't help myself sometimes." Mystique changes back to her blue form and peers behind her as she hears Laura stir from unconciousness ready to spring to action if she is still triggered. Thankfully she just asks the obvious question, so Mystique puts her eyes forward again.

Feeling Wanda probe into her mind, Mystique responds. Careful Wanda. In time I will reveal some of the maze that is my mind, but beware. Other telepaths have found me quite a mess to experience.

The agents take Mystique into one of the smaller rooms just down the hall from the kitchen and near the front lobby of the base. The woman brings her cuffed hands up before they can prompt her to do so to chain her to a metal bar at the center of the circular table. Her reptilian eyes scan around at those assembled.

"First, answers to some questions you no doubt have. Mariah Hill is alive and well. On vacation in an undisclosed location. Director Fury is of course well aware of my presence and mission on this team. No, I am not a SHIELD agent. I'm more of an independent contractor, so to speak. He decided to outsource a mole hunt for this team to me, and for reasons obvious only to those who are not naive, the less to know the better." She looks around at Captain America and the others "More questions?"

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda wasn't saying anything but was ready to activate on a moment's notice. There was just enough of a probe going on to determine whether what the shapeshifter was telling the truth. She had also started subtle probes of Daredevil, Cap, Logan... uuuuggh… yuck, Laura, again yuck, Jones... this was as subtle as she could get there, just to confirm that rather ugly defensive thing she seemed to have in place was there. She would make a point of doing something more invasive later after this was done. Into all of the Agents in the facility, gradually Hope and Jubilee as well. Just subtle stuff for the moment to try and ferret out any further moles. Even Susan Storm and now sleeping Fandral in Jones room.

Assuming there were no other moles. . . It seems for the moment that everything Not Hill was saying she herself believed to be the truth. To maximize her ability, she stood behind the shifter gently placing fingers at her temples.

Susan Storm

Susan was still in the security room, watching all of the cameras.

"Lincoln, just check Jubilee on your way up, some mini bombs went off up there. Then check on Fandral in Jones' room please ! "

This of course was on their basic agent communication system.

She started to review the outside cameras, all of their agent statuses and a general review of all security systems, then the computer systems. It promised to be a long night, followed up by a long day.

" Cap, undergoing a complete review of all security systems. Our personnel that went up to the roof seem fine. There is some evidence that Hydra was involved with some drones up there that self detonated. A call has been placed to Director Fury, but as yet, no response. "

Fandral
After having a decently lengthy conversation with his friend Jones, Fandral was having dreams. For a man who until recently had been a very active lover, he had gone cold turkey since he'd been here. He rather told himself these women were warriors, that he would tread carefully among friends. This however had no effect on his subconscious libido. So the brief scene to a groggy Fandral of a shapeshifted Jones in a sexy outfit, would influence his dreams for the night.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @MST3K 4ever @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS

Logan keeps his hold on Laura when she regains consciousness and tries to get off his shoulder. He holds her at first while sniffing the air. Nothing out of the ordinary, except the blue woman. "If I can't smell the gas, it's gotta be gone."

Logan stops a couple seconds to let go of Laura so she can get off his shoulder on her own. He looks at her a moment while the others keep moving. There's relief evident on his face "You went berserk from some kinda gas that was being pumped into the ventilation system. Had to choke you out before you killed someone." He nods at the blue woman and resumes walking, motions Laura to follow. "We found you with your claws in her. Said she's been disguised as Hill." He explains keeping his eyes forward on her. "Hasn't said much else besides that. So we don't know what's up with the real Hill. If we ever met her, or it's been this one the whole time."

He makes a low growl "But we'll be getting anwers soon."

Logan keeps with the group, and takes up a spot near the door. The last line of defense should this woman try another escape. Can never be too cautious. As this Mystique explains herself, Logan is still skeptical until Fury can confirm everything. When presented with the chance to ask questions, Logan is almost the first to ask a question that's been burning in his brain. Almost. He moves his lips like he was going to ask, but refrains.

It's the kinda question he'd rather not ask with present company around. Meaning anyone but himself and this Mystique.

Captain America

Captain America rolled his eyes a bit. Whether it was the disguise she had chosen or his time in the small Amish community or his whole moral high ground that brought on the eye roll was impossible to tell and that was the honest truth of the matter. He looked at her before he thought about his questions. " It does make sense that there is a worry about moles on the team. I don't really have any more questions for you, Miss," he stated.

Captain America listened to the information on the other end and paused and wondered. Was it possible that HYDRA had placed something in the weapons to make things better or was it just poor timing? He would have to explore that avenue in the future and much further down the road.

Lincoln Campbell

First on the list was to check on Jubilee and make sure that everyone was okay. " I'm on it," he said. If he found the mutant in no need of help, he would head to Jones's room to check on Fandral.

Grant Ward

Ward got a flat tire and cursed his luck. Looks like he was going to need to figure something new out.

@Gands @Michale CS @Camleen @Ms.Ezra @MST3K 4ever @Sir Kaltao

Jubilee was right where she was last, talking with Wasp and some others about the current situation. She fell back and leaned against a wall, getting out a pack of gum to start chewing. She was a natural chatterbox and gum chewing slowed her down - she was used to being the junior agent and letting the 'adults' talk - something she was entirely okay with this time.

So, when Sparky showed up, knocking on the door. I tried to shoo him off. "Everything's okay here Lincoln. He's resting... comfortably." Well, it was true. We weren't naked - fully; unless you counted Fandral being dressed for taking a swim and my jacket being halfway across the room in the middle of the floor - but I was used to nursing strong men back to health in very direct ways. If the Inhuman persisted and opened the door - I should have locked it - He'd see me straddling Fandral on the bed. Initially I was legitimately double checking my work tending to his wounds, but that had led - so far - to me sitting astride Fandral. I'd just raised myself off of him - gently - when the other recovering alcoholic on the team knocked.

Depending on how nosy Lincoln was I either had a little or a lot of 'splaining to do...

@Camleen @Gands @Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 @MST3K 4ever @Sir Kaltao

Last edited:
With a soft grunt Laura lands on the ground now, easing off of Logan's shoulder. She rears up to sit on one knee, one of her hands resting on her forehead. She looks up towards Logan as he speaks, and as soon as he mentions the gas in the vents, her features fall. She looks down towards the floor, a sudden sorrow rising up in her heart. Her eyes draw to her hands, staring at the blood on them. Fandral's blood… as well as blood she doesn't recognize. No… no she does…

"Disguised?" she says softly, now looking in the direction of Mystique. She stares at the woman, not recognizing her. Not remembering the tussle they had. Now slowly she pushes herself to her feet, standing close to Logan. Almost standing behind him, looking over his shoulder towards Mystique. Her voice comes in a soft tone, one full of shame and regret. And she tries to speak loud enough for only Logan to hear. "It was the Trigger Scent… I should have told you all about it. When we get this all sorted… I will tell you of it.." Her voice gets even softer… gaining a bit more shame, emotion for a moment. "I'm sorry…"

Another moment or so, and Logan moves towards the door. She knows he is consciously keeping himself in a position to stop the blue woman if she rabbits. With now a frown forming on her lips, her mind slowly pieces together bits of memory. She is about to charge towards the woman, to get rid of some of the aggression (anger at herself mostly) in her heart. In her mind (naive mind sometimes), she thinks Mystique is the one responsible for the Trigger Scent being released here. It's to much of a coincidence not to be.

Maybe not coincidence… just good planning on the parts of some writers…

"The actual Deputy Director was never here, was she?" Laura says in a very unamused tone. "You have been here since the first day. It was your scent in the restroom. You were the mystery scent." The more she speaks, the more aggravated she gets. The more she seems to slip in regards to controlling her temper.

Laura has a problem with people lying to her, deceiving her.
Laura has a problem with people that makes her hurt others.
Laura has a problem with people she thought she could trust… be friends with… but obviously can't.

She has every want to march right up to the woman of blue and stab her.

Again.

But as that particular thought drifts through her brain… her eyes scan around her for the briefest of moments. No.. no she can't give into that impulse. She won't.