Last edited:
Officer Baker & the crime.

The rest of the day passes without event.

The next day in the office... Baker's lieutenant Willis

upload_2017-12-25_20-35-54.png

" Baker ? You the guy we have assigned to the unusual events and meta human department ? Look, yesterday's event, we had some films reviewed and came up with something interesting. I want you to take a couple of smart, ambitious street guys and follow up. Take who you need, two others. I am short on detectives right now Baker. Anyway, the films show something.. someone who looks like one of the people from the event, Six Four, blond, big blue eyes and reminds you of Robin Hood. He's on a film walking away from a Diner with a waitress and what look to be two hookers. Also on the film.... three armed & known Ivan's who he manages to scare away. Look into it, I think it's tied in with the Ivan murders you saw yesterday. "

@Camleen @Furasian

He picked up a single rock.

Like so. His first blow showcased the vulnerability. Now it was only a question of whether erstwhile 'allies' would give him the chance.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands
I released my vice grip on the tree the moment I saw the kids. I didn't care what else was going on, I wasn't going to stand by and let them get caught in the crossfire.

So while everyone was in this posturing Mexican Standoff, launched myself towards them "Jumping" there - moving far faster than I'd shown the once again purple villain - what is it about that color that makes assholes wear it?

Landing in a way that put me in between the kids and literally everyone else on the scene, I took up a defensive posture. "Listen up all of you. I don't care whose damned side you're on - none of you are doing anything to put these kids in danger without dealing with me first. I don't give a flying crap about your father-daughter issues, or who Comrade Asshole was sent to kill, or any of it. If you're going to beat the shit out of each other, do it somewhere that won't put children in the line of fire. Got it?"

@Camleen @Gands @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Well, Laura makes it about 3 steps before the forces Magneto controls takes grip of everything metal on and in her. Her green eyes widen as she finds herself suddenly unable to move, despite how hard she pushes herself or how loud she growls. Usually the growling helps her, but not this time! Her body jerks back and she is lifted right off of the ground. She tells her legs to kick out or something, find footing. But her feet can't move at all, her talons being caught in the magnetic grip and all. Her knees jerk a little, but that's about it.

And as she flies through the air with the greatest of ease, she thinks to herself: that was a dumb thing I just did.

She knows in which direction she was hurled, and she has a good idea as to the basic layout of the island. Like a cat, she twists her body so she can see where she might be going. She knows she's going to hit water, it's just a matter of how far out. Hopefully not terribly far… one could easily die of hypothermia very quickly in these frigid waters. Laura would last longer than most folks, but it's still an unsettling prospect. And said water is coming up fast. She feels a force come out of nowhere to slow her, and stops her from going even farther out to sea. Out of the corner of her eyes she sees Logan hit, and she draws in a deep breath and holds it as she now makes contact with the surface of the water. With a loud splash she finds herself surrounded by ice cold. Her eyes are slammed shut for a moment, and then spring open as she turns in the water. She looks for light, any light. She finds herself 'upside down' in the water, finding light 'below' her. So she turns and swims for the light, for the surface, kicking her feet and pushing with her arms as best she can. As she gets closer (as she perceives) to the surface, she finds herself fighting more. For a moment she feels panic. With a gasp she breaks the surface, her body trembling a little from the cold. She is facing away from the island as she breathes heavily… and she then hears Logan's call. Her eyes widen as her gaze snaps towards him when he calls her name. He is on the beach already, and she turns quickly in the water to swim for shore as quickly as she can. Her feet find solid-ish ground and she kind of stumbles out of the water, her arms wrapped around her own form. She tries to catch her breath as she drops to her knees on the beach near Logan, her upper body leaning forward a little. Finally she would look up to him, looking to him through locks of hair kind of sticking to her face. "I… I don't think… he likes us… much…" She grins faintly, her body shivering a little despite the fact she's already feeling better.

And back on the island proper…
Captain America and the Winter Soldier are able to survive his initial assault, because they are Captain America and the Winter Soldier. But when Fandral approaches, his gaze snaps towards the man. He is about to lash out at Fandral… he thinks he could easily kill this man… but he doesn't. Instead… he listens. Magneto just stares as Fandral goes on, as he offers his 'suggestions'. His head turns a little to look in the direction of Maria, and then Jessica. Finally he starts to speak as his gaze draws back towards Fandral. "Yes.. I am a powerful fellow, stranger. You've no idea."

The children kind of cower behind Jessica, some of them peeking out from behind her. All in all they don't seem terribly scared… but nervous. Anxious. Some utter to one another in Russian. But as he hears his name, a boy with red curly hair kind of steps out from behind Jessica. "Bevin." Magneto starts, his gaze moving towards Jessica and the children. "Release their jet. They will need control of it to get all of you away from here." The child looks towards the Quinjet, and it powers down now as he draws his own power inwards once more. Magneto looks towards Fandral with a frown under his helmet, and then towards Maria. "I am entrusting my group to your group. They can tell you what has happened if they choose… but know they were all kidnapped from their families and experimented upon. To be used as weapons, and their families were… eliminated.." He now looks towards Fandral. "These are the terms of my withdraw. Take care of these children. Do this not… and have no doubt I will" he looks towards each of them as he continues… except Wanda "hunt all of you down and end your lives. Just as I have countless Nazis." Now he turns slowly, his hands grasping the edges of his cape to pull it more closed around him. "More Russian forces will be here soon. I will deal with them." He looks over his shoulder towards Maria, and then to Captain America. "Do not disappoint me." He starts to walk now, and his gaze moves to stare towards Winter Soldier, as if silently warning him to behave. As he walks, he moves passed Wanda. He pauses a moment, not looking towards her. "I am waging a war, yes. I can not make you understand, so I will not try. I will find you soon.. we will speak then." Still not looking towards her, he begins to walk once more, heading back to the small building near the top of the hill..

Time had passed like always. Soon it wasn't long before the recent gruesome scene was nothing more than a blur that was shoved in the back of Ronald's head. Like a bad hangover though... Things had a way of coming back. Ronald was approached by one of the many detectives with an assignment. Of course the officer nodded with high spirits and gave the usual "I'll see what I can do." When he was left to be however the seasoned cop sighed under his breath... He already felt like the Monday's.

The first lead with all the info gathered was the restaurant. With a squad car railing behind him Ronald would navigate through the labyrinthe of streets known as New York. Eventually after a bit of arguing with traffic and stomping on the brakes like a mad man Ronald would reach his destination; a diner that looked to blend in with everything else in the city's visual din. This time Ronald left his backup behind, letting them stand by their patrol car while he went into the diner alone. He was expecting this to just be another interview... Hopefully he didn't end up knocking on wood for thinking that.

So there is something more under all that swagger and whiskey. Maria thought watching Jones come between her and the kids, for some reason. She has been the one trying to de-escalate things after all. But no matter. Jones' more direct and loud approach was likely needed at this point. The woman comes out of her combat-ready stance, and walks around Jones. She gives the other woman a look that says 'Thank you' as she comes up to the kids.

"It's okay children, it's okay….I'm sorry we scared you." Maria says coming down on one knee to be at their level as she tries her best to look all of them in the eye. A few, most really, recoil slightly. A look of sad frustration comes across Maria's face momentarily as she tells the kids in Russian "I don't look like I do, but know that I know what you're feeling now. I was a scared child, just like you." She gives a small smile and pauses but continues in her soft tone ".Feels like forever ago I was that girl, but I remember it. Come, I know where you will be safe, where there are people who will fight to protect you." She reaches out with her hand, waiting for the kids to make up their own mind.

Wanda

The young mutant slowly brought the Quinjet over on the grass nearby. She shuddered with the release of so much power. She had got herself good and worked up over Magneto, so she could hope to match him, keep her friends alive. She hoped that the Russian wouldn't fight, she didn't have much in the tank after holding the Jet for so long.

" Susan, can you watch the Russian fellow, I'm going to need a few minutes. "

Wanda sank to her knees and got some water to drink. After drinking it she handed the jug to Susan.

Susan Storm

Susan too had been quite busy with all the excitement, but she had a little more left in the tank than Wanda did. She stayed nearby the younger woman and used her radio.

" {Steve, what's the story on the Russian ?}"

" Sure Wanda, I have the watch for a few moments. "

Susan, took the water jug and drank a bit, keeping an eye on the situation.

Fandral the Loyal

The Asgardian turned his attention to the Winter Soldier. He put himself now in a state of wariness, ready for the other man to spring into some sort of action. One hand on his blade, with his other he activated his own fine Asgardian shield. Pulling his hood up, moving between the Winter Soldier and the Jet.

" Captain Rogers ?, Perhaps you should talk to this fellow ? I speak both Russian and German if we need it by the way ! "

It takes Logan a couple seconds to fully register what Laura says when he turns his attention to her. He thinks about what had possessed him to do such a stupid thing, given he was smart enough to know the man's manipulation of metal had already made him useless. Sure he has done some stupid, impulsive things in his life with very mixed results, but this had felt markedly different.

Even more curious, seeing Laura smile snaps him out of his thoughts and he gives the same back as he rises from the ground, dusting off the beach sand from himself. "We both did the same dumb thing." He admits and chuckles "Let's not do that again. Next he might just rip out the metal." He shivers slightly, but not from the cold water still drenching him. "Don't wanna know what that would do to me. Or you." He says turning his back to Laura and walking cautiously back to where they had come. He arrives just as Magneto is leaving, and his eyes go from that man, to the kids and Maria. He thinks to go to them, but decides it's probably another dumb idea. The kids saw that he has metal claws,after all.

Instead he goes to Fandral's side, to cover the mysterious and potentially dangerous newcomer. He inhales the air, and warns him "Make a run for it, I can track you down no problem now."

Mission compromised.

Two words that had always heralded some form of damage control, though usually with more violence. Now however? Without his main arsenal, the chances of making it out intact was slim if not nonexistent.

winter-soldier-fan-art-tony-santiago.jpg

Goggles and mask hid his identity well. But perhaps....He nodded once, his voice distorted.

"A truce then. Till we get off the island. You're not my quarry."

Yet.​

Captain America/ Steve Rodgers

Captain America talked into his com first after the onslaught of his arrows that he served. " I will, but after we get off this island with the children safely in tow," he replied, as he turned back to the Winter Solider. " While we are leaving this island and before we get to the shore, I would like to make it to the shore and back to our destination first with all of the passengers safely in tow. It seems that is not needed, our Russian seems to be able to speak English, Fandral. Now, we need to get those children to the quinjet and safety before anything else. Logan, for now, he will be coming with us. Lincoln, if you may, please check in on all the children to make sure that they are not injured in any way, but please be gentle." He turned to the children and softly addressed them, hoping that his tone would carry that he meant them no harm.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln looked over at the children and gestured for them to follow the group to the quinjet. It would be easier for him to make sure that they weren't too hurt on it. It was the least he could do for the children whose lives had been ruined. He took a deep breath and hoped that Magneto would keep his word and that Wanda be okay, but there was no telling for certain. Hopefully, all would be well. But he had a sinking feeling that this was only the beginning.

@Camleen @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @Ms. Ezra @Sir Kaltao

Last edited:
"So... are we through posturing? Let's get the kids loaded on the plane and get off this island before 'plausible deniability' goes right out the window when the Russkies come and we're witness to things we'd rather not be witness to..."
Without any further ado, Jessica heads for the Quinjet, eager to get this whole exchange over with. The guy was powerful true... but something told Jessica that his biggest power was his conviction - which was pretty scary.

@Camleen
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Ringmaster @Gands @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao

Laura trails behind Logan, seeming to be more stalking than just walking. Her eyes drift towards Magneto as he just walks away… and she glances towards Captain America, and then Logan, as if to silently ask if they're just going to let him go. And apparently they are. It feels like fighting Magneto would be a no win situation for this group. She isn't sure they had much of a chance against him, especially herself and Logan. She isn't used to that sort of thing, coming away empty handed. Basically beaten. She doesn't like it. She may not win, she may not survive, but she really wants a crack at Magneto. But of course… X-23 won't do such a thing unless ordered to.

Now she stands near Winter Soldier, on the opposite side of Logan. A scowl graces her features as she stares at him, as she breathes in his scent. She is about to comment on Winter Soldier's words.. about the truce lasting until they're off the island. She isn't so sure he has any kind of leverage here. He's very outnumbered, probably outpowered. She, herself, could probably waste him. But of course, all those thoughts are kept to herself. She glances towards the others with those thoughts, as if afraid someone heard them.

Posturing, indeed.

Towards the Quinjet does her gaze then drift… well specifically towards the small parade of children following Jessica to it. The kids are scared, you don't need heightened senses to know that. Without even realizing, Laura's features soften as she watches the children. Because she sees herself amongst them. The people that did… whatever they did… to those children forever took away from them what it meant to be a child. Their innocence, faith in a good world, faith that you are safe. All things Laura has never known. But how could she know that the children were indeed used in this manner? When Magneto explained, she was near the beach. Well, perhaps she recognizes the looks in their eyes. The utilitarian way they are all dressed. The way they all huddle together, as if to seek solace in one another. As if to seek solace in the only people they feel they can really trust, really rely on. With that thought, her gaze moves towards Logan, green eyes lingering. She looks in the general direction of Wanda… and then she half turns to look towards the building the children came out from. She wants to go there, to fin clues as to where the children came from. Perhaps even hunt down the people that held them. But she knows she can't. But those aren't her orders. Right now, her orders are to get to the Quinjet so they can get away. Before anything else comes their way to try and make a mess of them.

She starts towards the Quinjet, looking towards Winter Soldier as she speaks in a tone of warning. "Do anything to endanger anyone, and I will kill you. I promise." Her gaze lingers on him for a few more moments, and she then goes into a light sprint to catch up with Jessica, Maria and the children. Laura listens to Maria's words, and she adds in fluent Russian ("We won't let anyone hurt any of you. Never again.") The children as one watch Maria, then look towards Laura. As if sharing the same thought, the children now look towards Maria, and they follow her quietly. They remain huddled close to one another, as if needing to be near one another. As if relying on one another for safety. And Laura, she feels her hands clench into fists as she watches the children, smelling the fear on them. She wants to hurt the people that held these children. So very badly.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
"Yes, we're done posturing Jones." Mariah answers Jessica and rises to gently lead the children towards, then into the waiting Quinjet. There are enough seats to get them all secure, which Maria does with all the gentleness of a mother as the others return. When the last child has been strapped in, Mariah takes the co-pilot seat and puts on the headset. She checks the scanners for any incoming threats. If it came to an aerial battle, they'd have to rely on the Quinjet's weaponry and the powers of Susan and Wanda. The others didn't really have abilties that would be of help once airborn.

Fandral the Loyal

The Asgardian moved into the Quinjet trailing the children, but keeping himself between them and the odd, metal armed Winter Soldier. Once into the Quinjet, with Maria and Jones tucking the children into seats and buckled up, he was putting the odd space aged gear and pulley bow along with the fancy arrows up in a storage space that seemed designed for them.

In passing, not knowing the Russian, he offered his hand out to shake. (( in Russian ))

" I'm called Fandral " Fandral's expression and body language were earnestly friendly.

If not taken, Fandral would leave it out there for another moment before taking it back and wandering back to the children, no harm, no foul. Once back to the children he would sit legs crossed and ask if they were hungry. If there were indications they needed food or water, he himself would get back up and get it for them, giving a wink to Jones and Laura. After time for a snack and some water, He settled in to tell stories.. Of Asgard of course, Thor and Sif and the Warriors three. Interestingly, He actually had bothered to learn both Russian and German. he had been in Midgard during WW2, serving with the English in some capacity.

Wanda and Susan walked together back to the jet. Wanda was coated in sweat, having exerted herself pretty heavily keeping a telekinetic hold on the jet since the moment she jumped off. She know once she saw Magneto, she could not stop him from doing the same, but she could keep it from moving without being damaged.

But that was all over now, they had managed the thin bluff. Once back on the Quinjet, she wiped herself off with a small towel and sat heavily in one of the seats. Susan spoke quietly to her.

' You going to be okay ? "

" yeah Susan, thanks, just going to catch my breath"

Wanda managed to catch her breath with her head leaning against poor hapless Lincoln sitting in the next seat.

Susan, in motherly fashion got a blanket for the younger woman, and another for Laura, giving a funny look to Logan, asking him without words if the tough guy needed a blanket himself. She wandered past Fandral, Jones and the kids, checking them, getting food if any more was needed. Passing water around to anyone she thought might need it. Then finally making her way to the co-pilot's seat.

@Camleen @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra
@Ringmaster

Logan keeps an eye on the Winter Soldier as they all load up into the Quinjet. He doesn't try to help get the kids secure. Not because he didn't want to, but out of consideration. They had likely seen him be very violent to their apparent savior, and in Logan's experience kids that young just didn't feel at ease around him. He could smell it on them, the fear. So Logan just took the seat that was behind Mariah's, and reached into a pocket of his suit. Only to find he had neglected to seal it, so his last cigar was soaked and useless. He groaned, and flicked it out of the open hatch onto the ground.

"So, Hill. Back there I heard your German. Where'd you learn it?" He asks without looking aside at her but looking around. He only thought to ask, as in their casual rendevous he'd been given a brief rundown of her life. Canadian just like him, it turned out. Led an exciting life, by her account. She had been quick to demonstrate her mastery of French at the bar, but not German. It was likely nothing, just something that slips people's minds. But it still nagged at him now that all the excitement was over.

I just decided to keep my trap shut now that things were pretty well settled - for now. It wasn't what we planned, but to be honest, I hadn't been paying a lot of attention when we decided to go on this assignment. Go to Island, beat up bad guys, was my general gist, and we'd... done a modified version of that.

For now, I just watched everyone.

Captain America

As much as he wanted a different resolution, Cap was okay without how all of the children and their mysterious Russian had been boarded. Of course, there were other ideal situations, but they weren't what he got. He knew that there were other things to talk about such as how Wanda was doing. Of course, one of the more pressing issues was their surprise guest, but for now they had a truce. He could only hope that the other person was a man of his word. " That was not how I expected that to go, but it is how it happened. So, I guess we answered our questions." He turned to the Winter Soldier. " Expect one. Why exactly were you there?" He asked. He didn't expect a response from the other man. He turned and went to the front seat. If he answered, so be it. He could still hear for there. Hopefully, he hadn't made a wrong decision bringing him along, but only time would tell.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln wasn't sure what to make of what happened, but he sat in his seat, waiting to see what they were going to do next. As a doctor, he was worried about the health of the children, but he also didn't want to scare them. He looked over at Wanda who leaned her head on him and simply shrugged. There was nothing much he could do while they waited to reach shore.

@Ringmaster @Camleen @Gands @Ms. Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS

LauraBanner001B.jpg

X-23 had found herself a seat towards the rear of the cabin, kind of isolating herself from the rest of the group. This time isolation comes physically, not just emotionally as had been the case to this point. She sits leaning back in her chair, her slim and muscular form strapped in properly. Her green eyes, they stare towards the deck of the cabin, her hands lightly grasping the straps of her seat. Were she anyone else, she would probably be shivering right now. A dip into freezing water, and then into cold air does not make for fun. Or warmth. But she ignores the discomfort she feels. There are people on this ship that have it worse at the moment.

And as Susan approaches her, her eyes snap towards her. Unwittingly her hands clench a little, but she immediately notices the blanket Susan is carrying. The whole time Susan approaches, it is lost on her what the woman intends. It never once occurs to her that the blanket is for her. She finds herself leaning discretely and slightly away from Susan as the blanket is draped around her shoulders, just out of habit. And then without her realizing, her hands have come up to grasp the edges of the blanket to pull it closer to her. It's now she finds herself unable to look Susan in the eyes, and so she looks once more towards the apparently fascinating floor in front of her, uttering softly. "Thank you."

Once more, she finds herself withdrawing inwards. She listens to Fandral's storie (perfectly understanding them despite the language spoken), and she listens to the others. Weapon X making idle chatter with deputy director Hill… Captain America absently questioning the one armed man (technically one arm, since one is fake)… Jessica Jones and Agent Campbell quiet… and Wanda trying to deal with all that happened.

But as for the rest of the trip home… Laura is, herself, just as quiet. She has been in… so many… fights in her life. Literally she has lost count… well she lost count years ago anyways. And there is only a handful of times where she has felt so… helpless. Useless. Against that man on the island, and against Kimura. Neither she wants to come across again.

The Quinjet makes the trip home in quite the fast pace, surely faster than most other aircraft possibly could. But still, to Laura it felt like it was juuuuuust short of eternity. The Quinjet comes down gently upon the launch pad that has been assembled outside of their little Shield base, and as soon as the ramp starts to lower Laura has unbuckled herself from her seat and headed out. Agents from Shield are there waiting for them, and they help the children out of the Quinjet itself. Each agent seems fluent in the differing languages needed to properly communicate with the children, assuring them over and over that they are safe. Laura stands a little away from them, watching the agents as they begin to tend to the group of children. For some reason… a few of the children make eye contact with Laura, as if silently asking if this was the right thing to do. And as if she knew the question given with the discrete looks, she would nod a little to them. Perhaps the children can sense what Laura senses… that they aren't so different at all. Her arms cross over her midsection as she watches… as she waits for the next world breaking crisis…

Speaking of…
(Translated from the German)
"So… while things haven't gone as we mapped out, the results are the same. His Howling Commandos have been reassembled." It's a dark room, somewhere in Europe. Darkness encompasses the whole of the interior, save for a line of monitors. 3 of the 10 monitors upon the wall showing the confrontation between the 'Avengers' and the man code-named Magneto. 3 figures sit in the darkness, as if enjoying a movie. One of them now stands and approaches the monitors. Baron Zemo… the 'head' of Hydra as it exists now. His fingertips brush across one of the monitors as he continues to speak. "You said he would be sent, and he brought his new allies with him. And just as you said… we have much more information. We now know these genejokes are allied with him…" he motions to Wanda and Logan. "This woman, she is unknown to me." he motions to Jessica Jones as the monitor freezes. The shot on said monitor looks like it was taken from high above the confrontation. Perhaps from a drone. "This man, we have leads on who he is. But nothing definite." Zemo now motions to Fandral. "And these two…" Maria and Lincoln "monkeys in the employ of Shield. But… my friends… this child." Now his fingertip rests upon the image of Laura, just as she is pulling herself from the water. "Nearly 5 years ago an assassin was shopped to us, originating in the land of plenty… America herself. Look at the blades, her features. It is her. So given what we were able to synthesize when we hired her… we now have an additional agent inside of Captain Rogers' force… and perhaps it is passed time the child is activated… and that will be the end of the good Captain's allies…"

Last edited:
Back in New York

Officer Baker arrives at the Restaurant. A pair of uniforms trailing behind and a Junior detective having arrived ahead of him. The witness, a waitress at the restaurant is there.

1391d20cc04d5abf8d41fdaf5db882a8.jpg

" Hey Baker, just so you know, her record is spotless, but I get the feeling this isn't the first time she's been questioned. Her name is Claire Temple, she's also a Nurse at Cavalry hospital in the Bronx."

Sitting on one of the restaurant chairs in the restaurant office is Clair Temple. She has an expression that says she would rather be somewhere else.

d5212ecc66eb176f31c1d09690653f4d.jpg

@Furasian

p.s. I think further exploration of this storyline will continue via pm if that's okay with you.

Mariah answers Logan without taking her eyes off the Quinjet controls. "You don't get to be Deputy Director without learning more than two languages. I know German, French, and Latin. But Agent Romanoff's Latin is better, I'll admit. Speaking of which."She opens a secure communication to SHIELD to begin preparations for their arrival. "This is Deputy Director Hill. We are en route to Safe House #1389 and require the following: ten agents with experience in adolescent counseling and multilingual; transportation for those agents and their charges to another secure location, and one Full-Body Containment Unit."

"Copy that Deputy Director."

Mariah closes the channel and looks behind her at the kids, team, and their prisoner. When Captain America comes to the front, she tells him "The Full-Body Containment Unit should hold him for questioning without needing our big hitters on him at all times. The kids will be checked out before being placed in the care of the most capable guardian we can find." Hill pauses to adjust course. "Which I would say is likely Professor Xavier. SHIELD is prepared for many things, but long-term childcare for even your run-of-the-mill kid is not one of them."

Hill looks at the radar, and reports "No sign of danger. Looks like a smooth ride from here everyone."

The rest of the flight indeed proceeds without incident. At two points Hill leaves the controls to Storm to go around and check on the children, asking their names and reassuring them in their native language.

When the Quinjet lands Hill talks to the lead agent of those who will be managing the kids, giving the names of each and working out details. When that was done, she goes around to each just before they're gently ushered off the landing pad. She sees Laura standing off as normal and decides to stand beside her. "You heard where they're going. There's never a guarantee of a safe life, but Xavier's their best chance." She looks aside at Laura "You might want to consider visiting some time, after this."