Last edited:
Maria was about to suggest recon of the village first of all when she had confirmation most have landed, including the Quinjet for whatever reason. She feels a little silly for telling everyone to jump ship, but then she was operating on the instinct the thing was liable to be destroyed in some manner. Then the metal fences and the like start moving, and internally Maria immediately gets an idea of who and what they are dealing with before the man shows himself.

Keen ears might pick up that Hill's heart goes up a couple beats as she comes to this realization, but she maintains her composure and when the mutant flexes his power, she points the gun up in the air and holds her other hand up, palm facing him. She wonders who he had talked to. Another mutant had been responsible for stalling their Quinjet? Analyzing the tactical situation as-is, she does not like their odds. Particularly that two of the team had their skeletons lined with metal. That already put them out of commission if things escalated. Her guns, Cap's shield, Fandral's swords, were useless. Maybe Wanda and Storm could hold him off, but they had no idea who else was in the building. Hell, she knows if this man wanted he could crush her head like a grape with this helmet. Talk about fatal irony.

Her best idea in this moment? Diplomacy. At least the facade of diplomacy, with the option to also 'appear' to follow his direction. Whatever got them out of this inopportune position.

"We are not here to harm you people. Der Schein trugt." She says in flawless German. Behind the visor, Hill's eyes are determined, hoping he understood that proverb's connotative and denotive meaning.

@Camleen

Fandral the Loyal

Fandral closed up with Jones, seeing Laura was near Logan. One hand on his sword, which of course metal, even if it was a non earthly metal, it was still metal. In his other hand, the Stark designed composite bow was made of a new polythene composite designed by Stark personally with input from Fandral. Nothing about the bow, the quiver or the heads of the arrows were in any part magnetic. Still, practically everything else on the Asgardian was.
There was not yet an arrow readied for the bow.

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda floated down gently not far from underneath the Quinjet, in a position to damage the jet should that be a direction that is decided by her team. Wanda though, rather like Laura, was not a meek individual. Her power was very active, her own eyes possessed of a red glow. Now she was ready for any use of the man's magnetic telekinesis, to counter it. She had read about Magneto, she knew what she was facing.

{{ Over the Radio }} " There are nine people hiding in the ground level of that building. There seems to be a weak telepathic shield, nothing I can't deal with in time. "

Susan Storm

Very close behind Wanda was the Invisible woman. What she remembered of Reed's file on magneto was that it was suspected he might be able to sense her even with her invisibility up. Still, with her being so close to Wanda, this might confuse his senses a bit. She had no shields up as yet, but was very much ready to instantly project one. She was also ready to project force fields into the critical areas of the jet which would cause it to malfunction.

{{ Radio }} "Storm on the ground, ready to power up offense or defense. "

@Camleen @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Michale CS

New York City
Baker's crime scene

As the crime scene is taken over by the crime scene guys, Baker's officers mostly depart the scene to question the locals.

After a while, one of his officers comes back with news.

" Sir, I have something you'll want to hear. I have a statement from a... Transient. He states that about 1:30/2:00 a group of people, one man and four women went into the building. Some time later, our three Ivan's went in. There was some sort of struggle. A bit later, the man and three women left. Now here is the interesting part. A little bit later, a single man comes in a Lincoln, goes in the building, just a few minutes inside and gets back in the car then takes off "

@Furasian

Feeling your very bones shift outside your control is a very peculiar sensation Logan imagines only he and Laura understand. Charles had talked about this guy before, Magneto. He hadn't gone into detail, only that he was one mutant he recommended Logan never try to fight. "If he so wishes, he could tear your skeleton from your body." Were, he believes, Charles' exact words. His healing factor could heal most major limbs, but Logan wasn't confident it could give him a new body should that happen.

He has to feel that whatever Hill has planned is the best for himself and Laura in particular. Then he hears the familiar SNIKT and growl, snaps his head to the girl.

"Laura! Do.not.move." He orders and hopes it works. The prospect of witnessing Magneto ripping out her claws, maybe even using them on Laura herself, was worse than it being done to himself. He instinctively reaches out to her in a calming motion, eyes pleading.

@Camleen

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gands
Far away, Winter Soldier peered at the current battle. Magneto was an interesting wild card, but not one he was meant to kill. There was nothing to keep him here and with these folks around, he had his distraction. He peered one more time over the people...

And froze.

A familiar red, white and blue haunted his mind. The faded, scratched star causing him to frown, slightly behind the mask. This...Who... A migrane reared its head.

Winter Soldier opted to stay, to ensure this threat didn't spill over to his own plans.

And if his trigger finger stroked the gun more absently as he put Magneto in his sights, he ignored it.

@Camleen

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was silent, watching the man in purple and wondered what he meant. He wanted to ask, but he was sure that he would screw it up. Actually, he was more positive that he would fuck it up. He was silent, listening, wondering how they were going to do their mission. It seemed impossible to Lincoln, but he was always looking at the negative side of things. It was a curse of his.

Captain America

"Sir, we don't have any intention to harm any of your people." He could have gone for the gut, but he was being careful. If this man who was pulling their metal was the same who had sunk the Russian submarine, they had to be careful. " We just had some lost friends in this area and were coming to get them. If I may ask, are you the leader of these people here?" He asked. The most important thing Fury had told him was information and he was being very careful with his phrasing. Hopefully, somebody could keep Laura back.

Grant Ward

Tap. Tap.

One, two.

Tap. Tap.Tap.

One, two, three.

He was making sure it was rhythmic and different enough to annoy them. Patience was still key. He would advance further if they didn't respond.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Ringmaster @Gands @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

jessica-jones-banner-png.149422

I liked his choice of color, but the cape was a bit flashy. I felt the belt buckle and the knife in my boot move and my fillings seemed to rattle. Disturbing.

I sidled up to a nearby tree, casually leaning on it. If this went south, I was pretty damned sure a tree wasn't magnetic and giving old guy a smack across the face with it would put him off his game at least for a moment. I was really aware that two of our people were probably, literally weapons against us if this went bad.

I gave Fandral a quick look, and a slight shrug. Fuck all if I knew what to do. This guy could probably just... hit us with the damned Quinjet if he wanted to.

@Camleen @Gands

Laura finds herself narrowing her eyes as Magneto moves. To her, he is making a statement. A warning. Point of fact, so is she. She has full confidence this group could take down this man. This man that has threatened them. They have an Asgardian, a legendary soldier, some of the best and brightest from Shield amongst others. And herself. She's not wholly sure why everyone is hesitating, but she sees this as an opportunity. She takes a step forward, her foot digging into the ground for traction, intending to just throw herself at him.

But

She stops immediately when she hears Logan's voice. Not his words, persay. But his tone. Laura looks in his direction through wide eyes, a confused look upon her face. Why is he telling her to not move? She doesn't have time to think about that… because in the next moment her arms are filled with nothing but pain. She grits her teeth as she stumbles back, looking down at her hands. Something is very very wrong. She drops to a knee with the sudden unexpected pain, and she stares at her claws. Rather, she stares at her claws as they retract back into her arms. More precisely, as they are forced back into her arms. The metal of the blades tear through muscle and ligament as the blades are made to push into her. When she retracts her claws, when her body is ready for her claws to retract (whether she is conscious or unconscious), her muscles align to allow for them to enter her arm. It's just another function of her musculature. But now, the blades are being shoved back into her arms unexpectedly. Her hands grasp opposite forms, the skin along said forearms suddenly going blue and purple with bruising. But she doesn't cry out, despite the immense pain. Instead her green eyes glare towards Magneto when he addresses her…
==================================================================================================

Backtracking just a few moments….
Wanda emerges from the Quinjet, lowering herself to the ground through her mutant ability. And Magneto's attention is suddenly on just her. His mind wanders a little.. to a memory long buried deep and hidden from all. Even himself. A memory he wishes to remain hidden, for it brings only heartache.

A smile. A touch. A feeling of security, of being safe. Of belonging. And a name…

"Natalya…"

He whispers to no one, save for himself.

His mind, then, is brought back to the present with the sound of blades being drawn. His hand draws up, his palm facing Laura as he flexes his power. "Young people." he utters as he forces her claws to retract back into her hands. He glances towards Logan… the metal of that child's blades is the same as the metal throughout Wolverine's body. An interesting turn of events. "You would do well to heed his warnings, child." His hand lowers as Laura sits there in pain, the muscles and ligaments knitting themselves quickly. But that doesn't erase the pain.

Magneto draws in a slow and deep breath (a habit he picked up from an old friend) and he then speaks, his hidden gaze moving to Maria. He stares at her without words for a few moments, and then speaks "Dein Deutsch ist makellos. Herzlichen Glückwunsch ... Fräulein." His gaze lingers on her, and he then speaks once more as slowly that gaze draws towards Captain America. "Searching for friends, are you? The only ones in this area have been myself, my comrades… and the Russians. I know you are not with us.. so your friends must be the Russians. They attacked me, and I killed every man and woman aboard that submarine. They now lay entombed at the bottom of the sea." He then points in the general direction he had sank said submarine. "Or perhaps… your diplomacy is meant to get me to back down, hm?" His head tilts up a little as he suddenly raises his hand, his palm up. "or as distraction for one of your sturmtruppen to get behind me, perhaps." A bit away from the group… a particular metal armed man would suddenly feel said arm being… well grabbed for lack of better term. His arm and the whole of his body is enveloped with invisible energy and drawn upwards. Magneto then moves his hand towards the group in front of him, and the man with the sniper rifle is hauled out of his hiding place and thrown in front of the group. Magneto releases his hold, the rifle and whatever metallic equipment he might have been holding and was loose falls next to him. "Really now. Trying to sneak up on me, with a man made partially of metal. And carrying a small arsenal." He shakes his head in dissapointment, and now he half turns from the group. He raises his hand once more, and the metal walls around the building effortlessly are lifted into the air. They now form a wall between this group and their Quinjet, the wall extending to the building. As if to make a shield on the path from the Quinjet to the building. One by one the Quinjet's systems start to come back online, as if it was being hacked by someone of exceptional talent. Talented enough to get through the Shield security measures as if they weren't even there…

"Keep your distance. We are leaving. You are staying." His gaze then moves to the group as the ground under them all rumbles when Magneto exerts his power. "To defy me in this is your death. Just as it was for the Russians. Heed my warning, take advantage of my mercy and begone."

Reactions: Ms.Ezra
Maria is so frustrated by the situation, uncharacteristically so, that she does as some people do in such moments; reverts to her native language when she exclaims "Nein! Dieser Mann ist nicht bei uns!" Maria exclaims when the previously hidden man is thrown out in front of them. The metal arm with the hammer and sickle are a dead giveaway. This was the Winter Soldier, and the only reason he hadn't already tried to snipe one of them out was because it wasn't in his orders. Yet. Maria catches herself, and takes a moment to recompose herself before taking any other action.

Her attention is caught by Magneto's reaction to Laura. Behind the helmet, her eyes narrow and she grits her teeth. "Again. We are not here to harm your people. Laura is exactly the kind of mutant you are trying to save. And look what you did to her." She reaches and pushes up the visor of her helmet so she can look Magneto in the eyes.

"Cap. I recommend we make for the cave ASAP. There's no winning here, only retreat."

Ronald Baker:

As the day progressed Ronald was confident it would be another one of those long days, another case to bury in the pile of unfinished gang influenced murders. They did their part and handed it off to the detectives. Ronald didn't think much of anything else... Until later that day.

While observing the technicians and the detectives doing their jobs the senior officer was approached by one of the canvasing patrolmen with some news. He turned to face the man and hear out what he had gathered. The information was interesting, a turn towards actually finding answers. All of that left him at a crossroad. He looked to his right where the crime scene was... He could leave it to these people to let this case die in the water... Or maybe...

"We able to find any plates or something? Has anyone came up and said anything else?" Naturally, the officer took the bait, electing to take the dirty work while the detectives got the glory of it all. "See if you can get that info. Do another canvas inside the building see if we can figure out where that fourth girl went off to. We got a description?"

Ronald didn't like anything that was coming from all of this. What would the Russians die for in this run down building?

@Gands

An Island north of Siberia

Wanda Maximoff

For a few moments, Wanda struggled within herself for a direction, for a way to affect the situation. She couldn't get a read on Magneto, something blocked her. She did discover more about the 9 refugees, they were children. She called out on the Radio...
{{ The nine in the building are Children, be careful. }}

Just then as she was more frustrated and watching Magneto force Laura's claws back inside herself, she heard a voice. Xavier's voice. . . (( His Helmet )) the voice said.

( Softly, she told Susan ) " I'm going to try taking his helmet off so I can get a better read on his thoughts. "

She flicked with her telekinesis, sending the helmet soaring away and finally got a good look at Magneto's face. It.. it cant be she thought. Older, but it matched perfectly the ages old worn picture she had taken from her mother so many years ago. She spent many nights memorizing the pictures features. Wondering why, why her father had abandoned her and her brother. The memory started to fuel a growing sense of rage.

" Do you recognize me.... Daddy ? I see you are waging war on mankind and saving other people's children Daddy. Did you explain to them Daddy, what a good father you have been ... Daddy! Did you wait hours, days or perhaps as much as a week before leaving at top magnetic freaking speed when my brother and I were born? Daddy ! For the record, Daddy, mister metal arm isn't with us. No idea where he comes from or why he is here. As for these other people, they are my friends. And the friends Captain America spoke of as sarcastically as he could manage {{ she looks over at Steve, who she really does idolize }} is Hydra, you know... Nazis ? Have you forgiven them your family... Daddy ? And lastly, hurt any of my friends... and before you bury your baby daughter here in the cold cold ground, Daddy, I will wreck that Damned Quinjet to Fucking scrap, so help me God."

All throughout this speech, the air around Wanda is growing more and more Red as if the air itself was suffering a bloody rash. (( Logan will note he has never seen Wanda blown quite so spectacularly before. ))

Now just about then, Susan, with a growing sense of alarm, started putting up force fields around Logan and Laura.

( over the radio )
" Anyone else want a force field ?"

Fandral the loyal

Now, along with most everyone else Fandral was watching the growing tension. He decided to remove his armor back into his bracer. He was back in his jeans, t-shirt and Asgardian fancy boots.

" You know Jones, that guy in the metal arm.. isn't one of us... Is if possible, that there are more where he came from ? "

( out loud )
" Forgive the interruption folks, but I am going to look for more party crashers, where there is one, whatever he is, there could be more. "

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

There are many occasions where Logan's keen senses have allowed him to keep himself and others alive by letting him see danger just in time to neutralize it. Logan is much like a spring ready to move at the slightest provocation of danger. His brain and heart have often prevented him from being a robot and killing indiscriminately, or just making a stupid move.

This was not one of those occasions. His enhanced senses let him see Laura have her claws forced back into her arms; the pain it inflicted; the bruises. He knows she can take the pain; that the bruises will fade like breath on a mirror. But he also sees the pain in her face, and hears her clear in his ears as if it were him. His claws pop. When Wanda lets loose, he springs into action against any protest of his brain that has been telling him not to. He charges Magneto with claws out, letting out a deep guttural roar with nostrils flared and teeth bared.

"GRAAAAAWWW!"

@Camleen

A bit away from the group… a particular metal armed man would suddenly feel said arm being… well grabbed for lack of better term. His arm and the whole of his body is enveloped with invisible energy and drawn upwards. Magneto then moves his hand towards the group in front of him, and the man with the sniper rifle is hauled out of his hiding place and thrown in front of the group. Magneto releases his hold, the rifle and whatever metallic equipment he might have been holding and was loose falls next to him. "Really now. Trying to sneak up on me, with a man made partially of metal. And carrying a small arsenal."

Mission compromised.

Such were the words of the Winter Soldier in his head as he rolled to his feet, his vest and belt devised in the work of a moment. Not too many tools to worry about there.

Beginning assessment of available weaponry suitable for threat.

Unfortunately, the list was low. To best use the weapons, he would have to rely on surprise. He'd need a distraction-.

" Do you recognize me.... Daddy ? I see you are waging war on mankind and saving other people's children Daddy. Did you explain to them Daddy, what a good father you have been ... Daddy! Did you wait hours, days or perhaps as much as a week before leaving at top magnetic freaking speed when my brother and I were born? Daddy ! For the record, Daddy, mister metal arm isn't with us. No idea where he comes from or why he is here. As for these other people, they are my friends. And the friends Captain America spoke of as sarcastically as he could manage {{ she looks over at Steve, who she really does idolize }} is Hydra, you know... Nazis ? Have you forgiven them your family... Daddy ? And lastly, hurt any of my friends... and before you bury your baby daughter here in the cold cold ground, Daddy, I will wreck that Damned Quinjet to Fucking scrap, so help me God."

All throughout this speech, the air around Wanda is growing more and more Red as if the air itself was suffering a bloody rash. (( Logan will note he has never seen Wanda blown quite so spectacularly before. ))

There are many occasions where Logan's keen senses have allowed him to keep himself and others alive by letting him see danger just in time to neutralize it. Logan is much like a spring ready to move at the slightest provocation of danger. His brain and heart have often prevented him from being a robot and killing indiscriminately, or just making a stupid move.

This was not one of those occasions. His enhanced senses let him see Laura have her claws forced back into her arms; the pain it inflicted; the bruises. He knows she can take the pain; that the bruises will fade like breath on a mirror. But he also sees the pain in her face, and hears her clear in his ears as if it were him. His claws pop. When Wanda lets loose, he springs into action against any protest of his brain that has been telling him not to. He charges Magneto with claws out, letting out a deep guttural roar with nostrils flared and teeth bared.

"GRAAAAAWWW!"

That would do it. He stepped away, heading for the blind spot where Magneto would focus on the others. Metal arm, kept loose and non-threatening. Flesh arm, busy as it moved to flick out the ceramic knife he kept on his person. He would only get one shot.

He makes it count, throwing it in the blind spot, aiming for the neck without hesitation.

And then he moved for his weapons.

@Camleen

Captain America

As he listened to Magneto and Maria, he felt torn. His anxiety was only amplified when he saw what Wanda was doing. They had came to see what was going on... not whatever was happening. He took a deep breath for a second before he spoke. " Wanda and Logan, stand down. I understand you both have qualms,s but we don't need blood if it isn't necessary. I can understand why you feel the way you do."

He was silent, not looking over at the man with the metal arm. " Whoever you are, I also advise you to stand down. We come in peace. We just wanted to know what or who destroyed the Russians and if it was involved in HYDRA. We know the answer now. We don't need to aggravate the situation any more."

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln watched, not certain what to do. To one degree, he wanted to not make it worse, so he was silent. He watched and waited, ready to advance or fall back. It seem the Captain was against bloodshed now and that was fine.

He looked over at Fandral. " That may prove to be troublesome if it is true," he said, looking around anxiously now to see if he could see anything.

@Camleen @Michale CS @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Gands @Ringmaster

Grant Ward

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The rhythmic counting was to gauge their reactions as he attempted to slide through the cuffs. He wasn't planning on staying.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

@Camleen

jessica-jones-banner-png.149422

Well, this is troubling. I gripped the tree behind me just in case I'd have to rip the thing up and huck it in between the purple caped guy and the more squishy members of our party. Whomever the Russki was... he probably wouldn't live much longer. Things could go very bad very fast.

I just held my ground for now, watching for an opening.

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Ringmaster

There is a deep scowl upon his lips under that helmet. This is feeling more and more like a waste of his precious time. For every moment spent with these buffoons, the odds of them escaping grows worse. He looks towards the Quinjet as he strides back towards the building, seeing its systems are back online. Good, it shouldn't be terribly long now. He's sure they can figure out how it flies, or at least one of them can.

But all of that changes as his helmet is plucked away unexpectedly.

Such a thing normally wouldn't happen, of course. Not if he was wholly focusing upon the group. But his attention was diverted in to many different directions at this point. And so as the helmet is pulled off of his head, his gaze snaps towards the group. The helmet stops in midair as he gains control of it, the silver haired man's eyes now focusing on Wanda. Those eyes narrow as he stares at her, his helmet being replaced upon his head now. Slowly he turns now, his body giving off a dull glow, what seems like energized strands of energy dancing along his form. "Child, I recognized you the moment you came into my sight." He starts now to stride towards the group as he speaks once more. "You've no idea of my life, child. And this is not the place for such talk. I have had eno--" His eyes widen as he looks towards the now enraged Logan.

Laura still sits there in the grass, her arms indeed quickly healing. The bruising fading, along with the pain. But not the memory of that pain. That is something she has been trained to deal with, though. She flexes her hands as she now watches Wanda just… lose it. But that's not what she focuses on. Laura looks passed Wanda towards Logan, her eyes widening with realization. His body language speaks of rage barely contained… and then released. At almost the same moment Logan's claws emerge, Laura's gaze snaps to Magneto and her own claws draw forward from the back of her hands. Now he told her not to attack…and now he's attacking? That hardly seems fair. She follows Logan's ill conceived lead, a low snarl in the back of her throat.

Without missing a beat now Magneto's hand raises towards the oncoming clawed mutants. With a surge of raw power, the energy of his will wraps around any metal in or on Logan and Laura, and he forces them to stop in midair. He essentially catches them using the electromagnetic energies he commands. His eyes move to Maria as he flicks his hand backwards… and he sends both Logan and Laura hurtling towards the ocean. He puts quite a bit of power into the throw, wanting to take them out of the picture. He hears something impact near him, and he looks with a rather shocked gaze in the direction of Winter Soldier. The knife he had thrown… it seems to have impacted upon an invisible barrier. But not one of Magneto's making. He didn't even realize it was thrown at him. "That is enough!" He cries out angrily, his body now glowing with pulsing energy. He thrusts his fists upwards as he looks towards Maria first. "Lauf jetzt!" And as soon as he says that, the shabby wall he had erected starts to tremble… and then all of the sheets of metal seem to uproot themselves and hurl upwards. Slowly he looks towards Captain America as he speaks, his tone stern. "I warned you." His form starts to raise in the air as his arms now fall to his sides, and the sheets of metal tear themselves apart. In effect, he's created dozens of sharpened metal spears. And those spears now rain down towards Captain America and Winter Soldier. His mercy and patience are both spent. But… he only attacks those two. One because he threw a frickin knife at him, and the other… well if Captain America is given a chance to get momentum, he can be a formidable foe. Magneto is smart enough to know that.

He doesn't attack Wanda either, or makes any moves towards her. He allowed her to show her rage, but he knows this really isn't the place to have it out with family. If that's what you want to call it. But as all of this is happening… well the wall that was hiding the children is now gone. Made into man-impaling spears and all. So the group would get the first good look at Magneto's 'troops'. The 'Russian citizens' he kidnapped… according to the Russian government. 5 girls, 4 boys. They look to range in age between 9 and 14. All of them wear what look like dark grey jumpsuits. They have all frozen as they watch, and they are now huddled close to one another, clearly not knowing what they should be doing now.

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
"Wait! Don't-" Maria gets in Logan's way, intent on stopping him and Laura. But then she watches both, as she should have expected, go flying out to the ocean. At Magneto's insistence, she does run, but only to Wanda. She grabs the young woman by the shoulders and points out to where their comrades have been tossed, yelling "Don't make this worse! They need you!" She lets go of the younger woman and turns back to Magneto, then to the kids. Her eyes lose their edge, and if Wanda were attuned to her mind she would have the sensations anger, familiarity, and just a tinge of sadness.

"Everyone stand down!" She barks out, asserting what authority she has in this team.

Susan

The invisible woman is being kept quite busy just now.First she erects a forcefields between the winter soldier and Magneto. Then let's it go, pausing a moment for breath. Then Magneto reacts. Logan and Laura are a bit out of range for her.

Then the metal fence is turned into long metal Spears. She puts an angled force field roof over Steve and the Winter Soldier.
She again pauses for breath, waiting to again react.

Wanda

Wanda is on top of things when Hill comes and shakes her, yells at her. But her reaction while quick has to be measured. Her friends are going so fast that stopping them too suddenly could be really painful. Instead, she has to bring them to a gradual stop at the far edge of the field.

However, this proves to be more difficult than she realized, probably due to the speed and power behind Magnetos throw. She ends up catching Laura, setting her down as planned. Uncle Logan she has to be more careful, just making sure he doesn't sink.

Part of her concentration too is on the Jet where she has a Telekinetics grip on it.

(Telepathically to everyone except Winter soldier and Jones )
" He wants to get away from here with those kids, I believe they are like Laura, kept by either the Russians or Hydra "

Fandral

Fandral now believes there are no others with the Winter Soldier. He starts moving casually towards Magneto. He folds up the bow and puts it away. His sword is sheathed. He stops a respectable distance away where he can still be heard. When he passed Hill, " with your permission Deputy Chief, I am going to try and talk to this fellow "

When he gets closer to Magneto, just after the metal Spears are deflected by Susan,

" Excuse me?, I think we and you are going about this the wrong way. First, we aren't after you, mutant, not mutant, we don't care, as long as you aren't a Nazi, or a Hydra agent. "

"Second, the fellow with the red star isn't with us, he looks Russian to me. "

"Third, the point of contention remaining seems to be the Jet. I have a thought on that, perhaps, before anyone, you, us, the children get hurt, why can't we simply share the Jet ? There seems to me to be plenty of space ?"

"I might suggest taking a moment under flag of truce to talk with THE Captain Rogers so the minutia can be Ironed out. "

"Lastly I for one am not going to run from you while my people are still on the field. I understand you are a powerful fellow and all, but.. eventually this will come to a bad end for all of us if this goes much longer and any of us remain here. "

With that Fandral stands calmly in front of Magneto, arms folded.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a dumb thing I just did Logan thinks as he flies through the air, and after going far enough he could barely make out the Quinjet he hits the water with a loud splash. He had tried to struggle against Magneto's power, but of course to no avail. Now as he is immersed in water, Logan has no trouble swimming up to the surface and breaking the water surface with a loud gasp. His healing factor can save him from many life-threatening injuries; but it could do nothing for a drowning death, and his adamantium affects his buoyancy. It was then understandable why Logan starts swimming vigorously back to the island.

Minutes later, Logan comes gasping onto the beach, coughing up salt water. Then it occurs to him, that he had heard Laura joining his doomed charge, and he comes to his feet. He looks out to the sea, looking for her. "Laura!?"

Captain America

Cap should have known that things wouldn't be easy, he felt that he should have phrased his words better, but there was no changing the past. You could only learn from it and move forward. He was about to raise his shield to cover himself, not quite getting a glimpse when he was being attacked. He smiled and nodded at Susan, happy she had protected him. He finally saw the children and hoped Fandral's plea was heard. He wasn't going to make any moves, hopefully, his team would do the same.

Lincoln Campbell

Before he was fine, he was able to hold himself back. The second the barrier fell, everything changed for Lincoln Campbell. He didn't care who had the kids or what they were. He looked over at Magneto, but didn't make a move. At least not for now.

Grant Ward

Grant took the opportunity of them ignoring him to resist and see if he could escape. Nobody was exactly stopping him from anything.

@Camleen @Gands @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS