Last edited:
Logan had sprinted out the door the moment he was alerted to what Laura was doing. He was thankful to hear Maria calling her off, but that doesn't stop him from reaching the room moments before the two women found the secret entrance to the training room. He growls, pushes past Jones and Laura, and his claws pop out as he stands facing Ward. He raises his right hand, the claws out and brow furrowed.

"Ward. The hell do you think your game plan is? This is mine. You kill the new guy, I'm killing you and dealing with whatever consequnces bite me back. You let him go, we let Cap and Hill take you in alive. You know you can't take me, much less everyone else in this place. So which is it kid? Spare him, spare yourself. Kill him, kill yourself."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Michale CS

Wanda

The young mutant was feeling the strain of being a telepathic radio. She couldn't reach Pietro specifically, but called out through the network she had set up through Cap.

" Pietro, go outside where you can see the exits and make sure Ward doesn't escape "

Susan

Susan had been reviewing hours and hours of security tapes, having discovered something odd when she got the telepathic word. She became invisible and hustled to the training room, She has just arrived when Ward is confronted. She begins to put a small force field around the front of Ward's gun.

Fandral

Now Fandral had seemed to just get Laura calmed down, when Jones kicked the door in and they went into Ward's room. He'll save the mental sigh for later. In moments he gets the telepathic word that Ward is in the Training room, he goes the other way down the hall as Logan is running into Ward's room. He grabs the young fellow in the hat.

" Lets go this way, just in case the sniper is clever. We'll cover the exit to the training room, but be quiet and don't let him see you, We'll grab him if he runs out that way !"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @The Wanderer @Camleen

LauraBanner001B.jpg

Laura narrows her eyes when Jessica seems to not believe her, or she doesn't care. If there is a shapeshifter at work, it could mean real trouble for anyone. They are, by nature, a slippery lot. She notices that Jessica suddenly starts to tense up, and for a moment she thinks that she is about to be attacked. Her knees bend a little as she stares at Jessica… but then the woman turns and kicks in the door. Laura's eyes widen a little, and she rushes into the room with Jessica.

As she enters the room, she breathes in deep the air as her jade green eyes scan her surroundings carefully. She doesn't react to the mental message, she's focusing on what's in front of her. Laura stalks towards the Hercules statue, staring at it as she does. The passed it does she look, towards a near wall. As she strides slowly towards it, she notes that Ward's scent trail goes right into the wall. Unless he has some kind of molecular phasing ability… her hand comes up, fingertips brushing gently over the wall. Part of the wall 'feels' different… much the same way a door as a different feel than a wall. Not in texture as much as temperature. It's subtle enough to throw off most temperature sensing equipment… but not Laura's heightened senses. And as Jessica finds the switch, Laura abruptly steps back as the concealed door opens.

She glances over her shoulder towards Jessica… and just as she is about to head into the tunnel, Logan abruptly cuts in front of her. She is about to deck him for that crap, but she of course stops herself. Anyone else, she wouldn't have been so kind with. But Logan hurries ahead of them… and he gets Ward's attention. Laura creeps through the escape tunnel with Jessica… and she notices this. Ward would be very dumb not to devote most of his attention to the clawed maniac (Logan, not Laura in this case) in front of him. Ward is most likely focused on Logan so much… she should be able to get close and end this.

Her eyes move to Jessica as the woman tells her the plan… and Laura stares at the outstretched hand. She then looks back to Jessica's eyes as she frowns. No, no she does not like this. But with Ward so focused on not getting gutted suddenly by Logan AND by keeping Lincoln at gunpoint… there's little chance even an experienced agent like himself will notice what's coming in time.

Logan issues his ultimatum, and Laura grabs Jessica's hand. Jessica lifts off of the ground, getting something of a 'running' start (though she's not touching the ground), hauling Laura with her. Jessica never actually leaves the escape tunnel, the whole of her startup was within that tunnel. But once they together get to the end of the tunnel… Jessica hurls Laura right towards Ward. It isn't the most terrific of throws, but it's damn good. As Laura is hurled through the air, she grits her teeth, her hands drawing back to her sides. She'll have to do this accurately, or risk killing both Ward and Lincoln. Which she assumes would be frowned upon. Easier, but frowned upon.

She moves like a damn bullet towards Ward and Lincoln, and at the last moment she draws her hands forward. Her claws extend just as her hand moves passed Ward's ear, he would hear the air being sliced as she moves. And those blades then slice cleanly through the top edge of his gun, through it and out the bottom of the barrel. Just barely missing his trigger finger. Her right foot plants on the floor to stop herself and push back at the same time (actually causing her a bit of pain in her ankle from landing on it wrong), and the back of that same clawed hand moves back to slam right into Ward's forehead/bridge of his nose. The blades draw in just before impact.

Grant Ward

Grant Ward knew he was out-numbered and defeated. It also didn't help when Laura punched him on the forehead and the bridge of the nose. He was silent, looking at the gun on the floor after a moment. There were other ways to get info, there was always another way. He raised his hands in the air. " I'm conceding, no need to punch me again. I'm surrendering." Subterfuge worked well when it came to these things. Besides, there was no way he could take on Logan, Laura, Jessica and Lincoln at once. He waited to see how they would react to this.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln recomposed himself after all of the attacks on Ward and looked over at him and his surrender before he turned to the others. " I don't trust this at all, there is no way that he is just surrendering. It almost seems he is trying to play us. I feel like he is making sure we are brushing something off," he said. He looked over at Ward who was lacking a reaction or an argument back. It was rubbing him the wrong way and he took a deep breath before he suggested his next comment. " I think we should knock him out so we don't have to worry about him forming an escape plan."

Captain America

" Hopefully once we get there, they will have defeated Ward and not killed him. I trust our team, but some of them are a little trigger happy sometimes. Also, Miss Hill, we need to talk about the secret passageways on this base after we deal with the Ward problem," he said.

@Gands @Michale CS @Camleen @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer @Ms.Ezra

Reactions: Gands
After arriving in the training room, and a damned good throw at that, seeing that Lincoln had been spared - she crossed her arms.

"I agree with Sparky here. Knock his ass out, strip him buck naked full cavity search and toss him in the most secure room we have on this base. I volunteer for the knocking him out part..." She walked menacingly closer to Ward, waiting to be given a go to smack the conceit right off of Ward's GQ face.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @The Wanderer @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao

Wanda Maximoff

The young telepath arrives at the normal opening of the training room. A flickering movement of her wrists and Ward is covered in red mist. His arms are lifted to point straight out. His legs are spread out and his mouth is stuck open.

" I hope you don't mind Miss Jones. "

Wanda looks distinctly at Uncle Logan now and realizing Cap is nearby and on his way. She takes a moment to lift Ward gently and firmly off the floor. For the moment, she has her temper under control. But Logan, and perhaps Laura can tell she is furious.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer

"Not at all." Jessica says and clocks Ward across the jaw anyway, sending him spinning around once before Wanda's able to get him immobilized again. He looks unconscious.

She walks up to Wanda and whispers as she walks by. "We need to have a talk about the poking around in my head without warning. You're triggering my PTSD when you do that, and one day it's gonna work against us instead of for us."

With that, she says aloud, "I need coffee. You'll find me in the kitchen." and heads for the kitchen.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer

Ronald Baker:

"Jeeze." Was the first thing that came out of someone's mouth after a long minute of staring at the aftermath of a merciless execution. Ronald was left to scrunch his nose and squint his eyes as he fought the stench of death while the others dug out handkerchiefs and whatever they had to bury their noses into. All three of the men navigated around the scene carefully. . . Hands on their holstered pistols and their free hands holding onto their flashlights as the secured the area.

"So what do ya think? Gang war?" One of the two officers piped up. The other officer shrugged, taking the left corner of the room. They had a classical sweeping formation set up; Ronald in the middle, a cop on the right, a cop on the left. Nothing was going to slip past this inspection easily.

"I dunno.. They went down fighting. Look like a bunch o' Ivans if you ask me. What do you think Baker?"

"Naaah its hard to tell right now." Ronald piped up. Should they make it across the room without incident, the group would go to securing their flashlights before grouping up to begin planning their perimeter detail. Should there be incident however . . .

@Gands

"I'll bring up the plans." Hill says as she steps in line with Captain Rogers and walks alongside him as they march-walk to the training area. They get there just as they see Jones leave, and when they walk in to Wanda holding him with her powers, she puts a hand on the younger woman's shoulder and calmly tells her "Calm down Wanda. Just keep him restrained."

Hill then turns and looks slightly up at Ward as he's suspended in the ait. "Agent Ward. You did the smart thing just now, surrendering. Now prove you're even smarter, and explain. I make no promises of amnesty or the like. Only a cell in our most secure facility."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Wanda Maximoff

As Jones moves past her Wanda apologizes.

"Couldn't be helped this time, sorry.."

As Hill and Cap come in, Wanda is respectful. She mentally but subtly stimulates Ward awake after moving behind him. She will put all of her efforts into telepathy now, concentrating on bringing his thoughts to the surface.

" Yes Ma'am, give me a moment to bring him conscious "

Fandral

Fandral, by the time Hill & Cap get there, is standing quietly and casually standing just to one side of the entrance to the training area.

He gave Cap and Hill an inquisitive look and got a look back that said he might get answers later, maybe. So for now, seeing as things were well in hand, he went to the security room. In case Ward had other allies.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln noticed that someone had crossed their arms to say the least. He wondered if it was about Ward or something else entirely.

If Lincoln wasn't worried about scary Jessica was, he might have offered a hand. He would have to remember to never piss her off. It was one thing to see her angry, it was another to see someone wanted to punish Ward as much as he deserved. He would mind electrocuting him, but he wasn't sure if Cap would like that.

He could only watch as Wanda lifted him into the air. He wasn't sure what to say to this whole mess, but it was nice to watch him being abused and hurt like he fully deserved. It felt right that he was finally seeing the retribution that he deserved.

He was silent, watching for a short time.

Grant Ward

Ward was not as unconscious as he looked. It hurt like hell, but he didn't acknowledge it. He was blurred, but he was able to somewhat hear. It was more out of body than unconscious.

He could hear as Lincoln shuffled after her into the kitchen. There were worst fates than this one.

He felt the stimulation, but he also felt that she doing something else. He wasn't about to fight it, but he wasn't about to do something that would betray HYDRA. He wasn't. They were the only family that he had after all.

The only real family that he had at least to say for certain.

Captain America

" I trust that you will show them to me. We need to be careful. Whose to know how long Ward has been HYDRA? It might have been a recruitment after the team was built, but it may have been even earlier in his life. There is no telling when he was, so be careful with the questions you ask him. He probably has been trained for this his whole life," he replied back to her.

Cap knew HYDRA well enough to know that they weren't about to get an answer. " Explain what? Why I'm HYDRA? Why I betrayed you? There is a ton to explain. I mean, if I don't know what I am explaining, I can't explain it," he simply replied back to her. Cap had seen the strategy before. He didn't like where this was heading.

@Gands @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer @Ms. Ezra @Camleen

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
"Smart choice." Logan's claws pop back in and he watches everything unfold. He smiles at Jones getting her punch in, and that smile gets bigger when he sees Hill come in along with Cap still wearing that hat. He comes up beside Hill and says "Not that this punk would be more likely to talk, but that hat ain't helping, just sayin'." He looks at her, then to Cap.

"I'll be in the barracks. If you two want me to make him sing soprano, let me know." He starts to walk away but stops just before the door. "And that mission; If there's mutants involved, sooner rather than later. All I'm gonna say."

As he walks away he puts out a message for Wanda to pick up.

Don't get your hands dirty on that scum. That's my job.

In the barracks, Logan sits down on his cot and replays the last half hour or so in silence. He thinks particularly about Laura. What he and Hill had talked about the previous night before the beer pong and the unexpected turn it took from there.

"You know I have this friend, Robin, her life is also The Job, The Mission. " She had laughed and had a swig of blueberry ale before going on. "It's a wonder we're even friends really, but hey, it worked and we're happier for it."

He'd joked "Let me guess this 'friend named Robin' happens to look a lot like you and lives in a mirror."

And she'd laughed again. "We happen to wear the same sizes, yes, but not the point. Point is...everyone needs some kinda love. You said you don't know what Laura is to you? Well, take a step to making her something to you." A silence had hung in the air before she shrugged. "What do I know? I'm a little drunk. But never too drunk to beat your butt in Beer Pong. Let's go!"

Logan comes out of his reminiscence. This wasn't the time or place for that. He struggles to tear this thoughts away from that, to the impending mission. He has to be ready.

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gands
Laura scowls as she stands there, her hands clenched into fists at her sides. She stares/glares at Ward as he says he's with Hydra. Her eyes draw towards the others gathered there in the training room… wondering how many of them could be the enemy also. Logan? Probably not, though she doesn't really know him. Captain America? If he ever becomes Hydra, that could be a sign of the apocalypse. But everyone else… she just can't be sure of.

As Ward goes on, as he is lightly interrogated, and she then looks towards Logan as he meanders off. She feels like she should follow him… she isn't sure why, but she feels like she should. But she stays put… the danger here isn't over. In her opinion.

Ward tells them that he did give Hydra some intel. About this group… about things outside of the group… but he doesn't get specific. And it seems like his will won't be bent in that regard. He seems to be highly… trained… in regard to being interrogated. He doesn't give them anything. Despite that… he's still hauled away in restraints. He is taken by Captain America, Hill and Wanda to the garage. And there a Shield transport lies in wait. He is secured in that transport, and taken away…

Not much time passes after Ward is hauled away. And the group has been loaded onto a Shield issued Quinjet. Some of them are under the impression it's now the team's transport. That they're enough of a team to warrant a transport. The Quinjet is one of the more advanced ships of the fleet, but it's still a heck of a long flight. Almost 5 hours, in fact.

In the cabin sit the rest of the team Captain America has dubbed 'The Avengers'. And today they go into what is essentially enemy territory, and they intend to live up to that moniker. Cap has gone over the rundown… a Russian nuclear sub was sunk by an enemy force inhabiting an island in the northern sea near Russia. The Russian government denies this, and tells anyone that enters their airspace will be declaring war. Luckily for all, the Quinjet has an advanced cloaking system. So, the objective is the island to investigate and possibly confront this enemy force. And not make it an international incident.

For the whole of the flight Laura has kept to herself. She is now clad in a Shield issued suit. The whole of the form fitting suit made up of dark greys and blacks. She has to admit… she kind of likes it. Fandral has tried to strike up a conversation, but all he got in return was a little smile and silence. Perhaps this is pre-fight Laura. Perhaps she isn't much of a talker. Or probably both of those, huh? Some of them may notice every once in a while she looks down at her wrist, as if she were checking her watch. But… she isn't wearing a watch…

baddieisland001.jpg
The Quinjet now comes within visual range of said island. Even though it's daylight out, the Quinjet isn't seen or detected by any electronic systems. The jet comes to a hover closer to the island, and it starts to scan the terrain. It's actually a lovely little island. Green and rocky, for the most part. And it looks like it's cold down there. The Quinjet's sensors finds a single building upon the island. A building that looks like it just doesn't belong there. It almost looks like the building was cobbled together with remnants of other buildings. While it's the only building standing (it's just one story tall), the area around it looks like it could have been a small village. But gone now. No defenses can be seen. No hostile 'force'. Hydra doesn't seem to be present. Or perhaps… none of that is on the surface.

Maria selects her landing spot for the Quinjet, a small patch of flat land near the coast. Hidden from sight of the building. But as she begins their descent… Maria suddenly realizes the Quinjet isn't moving. At all.

Laura sits up a little in her chair, looking down at the deck of the cabin. Some of them might not be able to… but she can feel the engines working harder now… but they are unmoving in mid-air… some of the systems of the Quinjet begin to deactivate, as if one by one they were simply being shut off with the flip of a switch…

"Systems failing. Better stop before this thing breaks apart." Maria reports with her eyes narrowed as she stops trying to force the Quinjet down and even though the hover mode is not engaged still floats regardless. For the mission she's dawned a more tactical version of her usual Shield uniform, which means a black bandoleer-like strap going down her chest with multiple pockets and a black helmet that hides most of her face except her lower face. Her eyes are unseen behind the mirror-like visor. She turns to Cap in the copilot seat. "Whether this is a tractor beam of some kind, or a mutant power, we need to get off this bird before whoever doing it turns up the heat and we're cooked." Maria goes to the rack of parachutes and straps one on. "Back hatch, open." She orders and the Quinjet is at least able to comply, opening said hatch. The wind is just strong enough to require use of the comms everyone has in their ear.

"Our height isn't ideal for a parachute landing, but it's our only option. Hope you all have some training for that or can use your abilities to come up with another way down." Maria says over the comms before diving out of the Quinjet.

Maria falls a few feet, and pulls her chute in time to catch an air current that at least gets her near their intended landing spot. Coming in too fast to land otherwise, Maria lets her chute pop off as she nears the ground and manages to roll onto the ground the moment she hits it. Righting herself quick, Maria draws her pistol and scans the area with the pistol ready to go. Already she can feel the colder air of this island on her mouth.

"Hill has landed. Zone clear." She reports through the comms and sits ready for the others to land.

Wanda Maximoff & Susan Storm.

In the back of the jet as trouble hits, there is a whispered conversation going. As everyone is getting out of the Quinjet, no one can see the two women who are currently invisible.

" I am fairly certain I can break this power for just long enough for you to get the jet clear. " Says Wanda "

" Alright, on my count, three, two, one, now" announces Susan.

At that moment, Susan in the pilot's seat starts trying to get the Quinjet to go in the opposite direction as Wanda uses her telekinesis to briefly break the hold of the beam to get it loose. Should this work, Susan will fly the Quinjet up and away from danger, while Wanda TK's herself down to the group in safety. If it doesn't work, the two will the try the last minute double shielded drop to safety.

Meanwhile

Fandral the dashing

The Asgardian shows no hesitation leaping from the Quinjet. He does yell as he goes flying out of the grabbed jet. Something of a daredevil, he is thoroughly enjoying the drop using his parachute the minimum amount of time he can get away with. As a reminder, he has his Asgardian armor transformed into a shield looking affair trimmed in green. Needless to say, he gets to the ground quickly.

" Fandral has landed, all clear near me. "

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @Ringmaster

"Welp, Hill and Fandral got the right idea."Logan says, standing from his seat and flicking a mostly gone cigar out of the hatch. He had been given a Shield-issue uniform as well, but mostly for cosmetic reasons. He felt Kevlar lining was wasted on him, but at least it wasn't going to be his clothes being destroyed on this mission.

He puts on a chute, and leaps out of the hatch. The man free falls for a bit, then opens his chute and soars into a hard landing near Hill. As he takes off the chute, he scans the area with all of his senses, sniffing for any hint of human traffic in this particular area besides the team.

@Camleen

tumblr_o50xe83KLf1v1bos6o1_500.gif

In the majority of the man once known as Bucky, the Winter Soldier evaluated his options.

If there was any doubt the target was yet around, the appearance of more potential problems soon laid waste to that conception. He peered under cover, hidden in ways to evade detection for now. His entire plan hinged on secrecy and stealth- Anything that would stop that, put it all in jeopardy.

So for now, he'd simply watch the figures abandoning their vessel through the sniper scope he detached from his weapon. Careful to avoid letting it get in sunlight, he examined his targets clinically. Some unfamiliar, others more unusual and eye-catching.

It didn't matter. Anything that could be used, will be.

He just needed to help them along. With this in mind, the Winter Soldier vanished into the underbrush...
@Ms.Ezra @Gands @Sir Kaltao @Camleen @The Wanderer @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was fine as they took Ward away. It was a small victory that he didn't have to work with him, but he didn't dare to say that aloud. It was a good thing that there were no more traitors amongst them. Hopefully, there were no more to be found. He looked out the window as he had dozed and noticed that they hadn't moved. That was never a good thing and his belief was confirmed when Maria told them to use the parchute. It was a good thing that he understood how they worked.

He put it on and used it to land, adding in his own powers to soften the landing. He wondered how the others were doing and what was going to happen.

Captain America

An electronic interference? There was something off about the Quinjet not being able to land. There was a lot that bothered him about, but he left himself no time to worry about that. He instead choose to follow his team to the ground. He trusted Susan and Wanda to have this under control. Hopefully the others would make the smart strategy. It wasn't that he needed the parchute, but it felt better to use it.

As he landed, he looked around. " It looks all clear to me, though I am not quite certain that I can confirm without looking around," he said. He did just that, looking around the room.

@Camleen @Gands @Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Grant Ward

Choices. It was such a funny word. It was a choice to think those thoughts around a telepath that got Grant Ward into trouble, but he wasn't one to make the same mistake twice. Just because the mission was over and he was caught, didn't mean that things couldn't be changed. He had learned a long time ago that everything and everyone was flexible. He looked around the van, calculating strategies to get out of here. He was silent and looked over at the agents and tapped his foot.

One, two, three. Wait to see who snaps first. He knew that everyone had flaws and one of his greatest assets is that he could exploit those flaws. Little imperfections that nobody else would notice. He waited to see what they would do about this. Patient was key here.

@Camleen

jessica jones banner.png
"Well, shit." I commented, when we got 'stuck' midair. I don't like to 'fly' anymore. I used to be really good at it. Then, I didn't use the ability for awhile and got rusty. Then of course, there was the fact the times I did use the ability, I was in various stages of drunkenness.

But, the past three weeks, I'd been off the sauce and doing some actual practice with the ability, so, when this shit happened, I was sort of ready. I put a parachute on just in case whatever was fucking with the plane fucked with my flying ability too, and I dove out.

Turns out, I didn't need the parachute. I landed next to good old Robin Hood, in the standard three-point-landing. You know, the 'super hero landing'.

"Jones. I'm boots on the ground." I tapped the headpiece mic, then looked over at Fandral. "So much for surprise."

@Camleen

And as Maria is getting out of the pilot's chair, Laura would push herself to her feet, her hand wrapped about the handle above her head. She looks towards those around her, wondering if any of them know what they should be doing in this situation. In all reality, she doesn't hardly know most of them. Fandral a little… well she might know Fandral the best. But even then… not a whole lot. Captain America she's a little familiar with, but only because he kicked her ass once and captured her. And then interrogated her. And then released her. But that's a long story for another time.

The back hatch of the quinjet opens slowly, and as it does the ship rocks a little side to side. Laura stands to one side as she gets the parachute harness on, seeming to have little trouble with it. She's done this a few times. Her eyes linger on Logan as he moves passed her, and she follows him out of the quinjet. While she doesn't want to admit it, or want anyone else to realize it, she feels the need to stay in close proximity to him. She falls not far at all, and then pulls the cord of her parachute. She falls fast towards the ground… well faster than she'd like. Laura braces herself and lands in a roll… well more of a controlled tumble. She ends up on her side, and is quick to her feet as she slips out of the harness. She looks towards the island proper, her head tilting up a little as she gets a sense of what is around them. She doesn't say anything to the group over the comms, her eyes focus on the general direction she thinks that peculiar building is in.

And speaking of…
97a6599d0c83a0a64ada309e70da2393.jpg
The building itself seems like just an old, run dow building. Clearly abandoned for a long time. Around it, remnants of what once could have been a village. But long gone. As the 'heroes' land upon the island itself… the remnants of the village begin to stir. Some of the metal fences and walls draw up to surround the still standing building, like an improptu defensive wall. Nothing great, mind you. It looks like it could be blown over by a good gust of wind. Maybe it's just more for show.

As the group moves, the Quinjet now lowers towards the island also. Wanda and Sue's plan was a good one, and under different circumstances it would have worked. But capturing a vehicle that came close to the island… any vehicle… has been in the plans for a while now. And the plan was executed perfectly. The Quinjet is completely powered down as it is lowered, its wheels now being forced into a landing position. It sets down near the building with a low thud.

And now from the building… the group would see a single person striding towards the Quinjet. His form is clad in crimson and purple, a cape billowing behind him. His features are hidden under a helmet, and they are locked on the Quinjet. His voice is heard, it having what seems to be a German accent to it… "Mr. Kissel… begin reactivating it." He looks over his shoulder towards the building… clearly there's at least one more person in there. But some of our heroes (specifically ones with enhanced senses or telepathy) will be able to tell there is about 9 people in the buidling, all on the first floor. All staying hidden. At his command, the Quinjet once more seems to have power. It's preflight systems automatically start, doing it's flight checks. And the man clad in crimson, he now looks in the direction of the 'heroes' that had landed upon the island. He turns slowly and starts to stride towards them… and his body starts to give off the most subtle of glows. Everyone has something metal on them… or in them… and they would feel like whatever metal is upon their person was just nudged a little. Shields would be pushed slightly, guns, arms, swords/bows… bones. Not enough to do any damage, but enough to get your attention. "Whoever you are, heed my warning." The man in crimson calls out. He now draws his hands up at his sides a little, just near his hips, his palms facing upwards. As he does, he rises into the air about 10 feet. "I am taking your vehicle. To the east is a cave. Go there, waiting for whatever rescue party will come to claim you. Do this not, and I will end your lives. I will not tolerate further crimes against my people." Another pulse, and anything metal is once more pushed. Again, not enough to do damage or make you drop anything. But enough to get your attention.

Laura lets out a low growl as she stumbles back a step, looking down at her hands. She then looks towards the mystery man, and with a SNIKT her blades draw forward from her hands. Clearly she intends to fight… well she usually intends to fight. But at this moment, it's just a show of force. That she means business. Until the order is given, she holds her ground.

• Love
Reactions: Ms.Ezra