Rise from Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie grinned from ear to ear as he thanked her -still wondering what he had gone apologizing for prior- but she was gleefully that he liked what she had done. It was nothing in comparison to what he did for her, but it had been something.

"Your welcome Kade. I know it wasn't much, but I wanted to thank you for all you've done." her grin never faltering, "It means a lot." even if he didn't want it to happen, the girl was getting attached to him. But that wasn't hard when he was being kind to her in comparison to many others.

Gathering herself up only to hum and look up at him when she was given the food, Kyrie stopped. "But Kade.... We should save it. I can go a bit longer without something. It's better to conserve anyways." she blinked looking to her feet, "Again your still healing too, isn't your metabolism faster than mine, you need all the resources possible. I don't mind. I'd prefer you to be good and healthy. It's the least I could do."

Oh her earnesty could've moved mountains.

Last edited:
How could someone be so completely endearing - NO! No, wrong word, don't even think of using THAT word, Kade! - cute and yet so completely frustrating all at the same time?

He could easily recognize what she was trying to do, perhaps even thought he knew the reason why, but it made the hybrid sigh, a frown on his face and his words took on just a bit of a growl in their firmness, something he couldn't really help. "My injuries are fine. They're already half-healed, I don't have a fever, I'm not dizzy or hallucinating and quite frankly I know my body better than you do, AND I seem to have a better handle on yours as well. Like it or not, Angel, you're human and I'm not. I can go a week without water in this place while you can only manage three days if that and while I can go a month or more without a truly decent meal, you're more along the lines of two weeks."

The hybrid stopped then, realizing his words might be too harsh, especially since she was only trying to be nice and he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment and trying to get his calculating, harsh mind to find a more compassionate emotion. He tried again, silver eyes finding her brown. "I am not mad. I simply do not want you to starve yourself or collapse from something as avoidable as heat exhaustion, dehydration or weakness from hunger. I will be fine. I'm not doing anything to my body that it can't handle with only a token protest."

He spread his hands slightly and looked around for looking back at Kyrie. "Believe me, the best thing you can do for me in this place and with the dangers that represent themselves while being with me is to be as strong and healthy as you can be."

She never knew when she might have to run.

She might as well have been slapped, it might have hurt less. No she was very certain it would have.

Wilting down, tucking her arms around herself like a scolded child that could'nt seem to behave, Kyrie avoided his gaze effectively. She heard him very loud and clear, both parts though she dared in her mind only to say that he sounded more like was ready to strike her down.

The girl became silent, merely following his lead and keeping het gaze averted. It was obvious that it was a shielding mechanism that she invoked when she felt like she was being attacked, well used in her years of bullying and hard times.

She nodded rather woodenly to just eating when told and such, biting her lip and silently wishing she had a home to go running too, to go back to someone that didn't loathe her company.

She missed her father even moreso that the ache in her chest squeezed shut making a pained heartbreak register briefly before she opted for a hollow state instead. "Sorry Kade." she stated again even softer than normal, it really was her favorite word.

Last edited:
Words had long ago lost their hurtful sting. They just made him angry now and Kade had truly thought that he'd left their painful influence behind long ago. He had now just found it he'd been wrong. Very wrong. Two words. Such simple words and he felt as if someone had nailed him in the chest, the air in his lungs not enough as he looked into Kyrie's crestfallen face. He'd done that. He'd hurt her. Again.

Somehow it seemed to touch more than his human side as his animal one appeared to shrink back a little, too, wary and unsure about this new development. Sure, it still had half a mind to eat Kyrie if given the chance, but more now it was becoming curious about her and her strange ways. Forced to observe, it was learning instead of merely reacting. Now it was learning what acute guilt felt like, not just that fleeting one that came after a massacre, but something different. Faced with one individual, the guilt was different.

Kade opened his mouth to speak and then shut it again, reached out and then pulled back, completely unprepared and uncertain how to help her, how to fix the damage he'd done. Had things truly been simpler when he'd been human or had he been just as much of a bumbling idiot? Somehow he believed the latter and not the former. His tail curled around his leg, his entire being uneasy and the hybrid tried again on the speaking front, hoping, praying he didn't just make it worse. Perhaps it would be better if he didn't speak at all.

"Kyrie, I didn't... I wasn't trying to... I didn't mean to hurt... I'm sorry." In the end he couldn't say much more and while the words were quiet, sincere, he didn't think they'd be enough

They walked for hours and longer, she just kept moving providing her own entertainment within her own mind so she wouldn't offend Kade any further the young human was rather used pretending to herself. She had a vivid imagination.

As dusk began to settle, Kyrie seemed to notice something close by. Her eyes widened before she side stepped him keeping her head down and briskly took to sprinting forward. It wasn't far off as she came into a similar oasis before but she stopped at the edge if something that made an honest to god grin touch her face.

"Water." she spoke properly at the moment turned and quickly averted her gaze incase she do something wrong, "Kade.... There's water here..." she trailed off becoming soft in voice. Skittering to the side, Kyrie wanted nothing more to have done right at this moment, that he wouldn't be upset with her again. She didn't say it, but... She was looking for Kades approval and acceptance. Easily why she was torn down by previous words so easily.

He'd thought he smelled liquid long before he'd seen the signs of it, but Kade had been more wary about such a thing than pleased immediately. Where there was water there were usually predators, but by the time Kyrie noted what he'd already seen, Kade knew there was no one around. She sprinted forward and for the first time all day, a smile touched his lips to see her happy. Such a very simple thing and yet it lightened the weight that had been on his shoulders since that morning. He caught up with her easily and the smile on her face brought a slight softening to his cold silver eyes that she didn't catch as she was already looking away.

But she couldn't miss the quiet chuckle that left his mouth or the clawed hand that suddenly descended carefully on her head. "So there is." He did the action without a great deal of thought, a brief touch before departing again as he walked forward and crouched down, taking a careful sniff at the liquid. His eyes narrowed just a little, wondering if he smelled what he thought he did or if he was just imagining it. Fingers dipped in the water and were brought to his tongue, eyes narrowing further than his body relaxed.

No. No radiation.

He looked back at Kyrie then. "It's clean." He gave a slight jerk of his head invited her over now that he knew it was safe.

Last edited:
Surprise filled her eyes hidden and seem at such a feeling. Her hands rose to touch her own head when he stepped away, her attention following him with acute deep curiosity bridled with a desperate want to be merely accepted that was hard to control.

She knew he wasn't terrible, scary when he spoke yes, but terrible no.

Especially considering his actions as he knelt to investigate the water source. She hadn't thought about contamination, no she simply was rejoiced by the sight.

Still...

Her hand still on her own head, Kyrie blinked coloring a vivid red in her cheeks as he beckoned her over. She suddenly felt silly, enjoying the touch he had given and thinking more on it than needed. But she came nonetheless, dipping down to rest on the balls of her feet putting a hand into the cool surf and played there. She made sure to give Kade space of course, but the girl was mesmerized by the water, enjoying equally as much. She didn't drink yet, merely played like a child seeing the ocean for the first time sort of way.

A soft laugh came from her lips to it all.

He couldn't help but watch her even as he had started filling the canteens, a smile curling his lips upward at her pure, childlike wonder. It had been a very long time since he'd felt such a thing and he was more than sure he wouldn't again, but he could watch and Kade found some happiness in just that alone. He left her to own enjoyment of the life-giving water and finished his own task before he took one of the canteens he just filled and proceeded to drink, only stopping when he felt sated. More than half the thing was gone by the point, but he simply filled it again and then took a seat at the edge of the water.

The hybrid lifted his shirt enough to start working on the bandages wrapped around his torso. They were made of cloth and he was careful not to tear them as he finally set them aside and looked at the healing damage done to his flesh. That Changer had sported a nasty pair of teeth. Part of the canine class, he really shouldn't have been surprised. It was healing well enough, but it definitely needed to be cleaned after almost three days.

He could clean the bandages first and then use those, clean them again and let the dry before wrapping his torso again. For now, though, Kade left the injury alone and instead looked over the other ones, the long cut on his forearm and the gash in his calf, both of which had scabbed over nicely and has stopped hurting sometime yesterday unless they were bumped. He left them alone, too, and instead looked to Kyrie again, his tail dipping into the water - and almost immediately starting to regulate his body temperature that way - and then flicking out, splashing her just a little.

"Stop playing with your beverage." he teased her, careful to keep his voice quiet and a smile visible on his face.

It was amazing to be so enthralled with something not even a few years ago would have just been everyday life. Now it was a panic attack if you couldn't find it and you were without a canteen even half filled. She knew this fear, felt it a few times in her stomach when she was with her father. It was certainly something that made you realize how precious everything really was.

She drank when she was ready and began to play again with her immature wonder only to gasp and jump back readily when the lizard's tail was flicking water at her. Her brown eye came up as he spoke, brows knitted as she was trying to understand if he was being serious or was teasing her gently. The smile on his face told that he was merely teasing her.

That alone had Kyrie tilting her head to him in wide glorious engulfing wonder. Then a smile came to her own face as her eyes shut softly with a light giggle in her throat. "You're not so scary," she spoke gingerly, "Though I didn't think you had any other expressions other than annoyance. You look cute when you smile." What the hell just came out of her mouth!

Oh she realized it and the blush on her face said she realized it. Stammering quickly, Kyrie pressed her lips together being embarrassed for being so bold, but she didn't take it back or apologize for it.

Last edited:
The emotions on her face! They were so very expressive, far more than Kade was used to from anyone and her words made him blink in surprise and wonder of his own, the smile fading, but the frown not returning. His head tilted to her, confused and interested. She didn't think he was scary? Then...why did she flinch from him so much? He didn't blame her for doing so, but her words didn't quite match up with her actions and it made the hybrid wonder if there was some other reason she shied from him, from contact. She was a rather meek thing and that had been so BEFORE he'd come along.

The thought fled his mind as his brows rose to her last statement.

He was....cute?

If Kade had still been human a merely a young man in front of pretty girl, he probably would have ducked his head and blushed, stammered out something sheepish or rambling. But much had changed since the Blackout. He was not a young human. He was an animal and a monstrous looking one at that. How could she think a smile made that change? He didn't understand, certainly didn't believe her, but she was rather cute herself as red stained her cheeks and she seemed to become extremely embarrassed with what she'd said.

And honestly, it made Kade smile again, just a bit and he shook his head. "You are strange, Angel." was he all he replied back, clearly teasing, before he looked back down at his side with a bit of a grimace. He really couldn't put off cleaning it...even if he wanted to.

Last edited:
Blowing out her lips at him in response only to plop herself down on her rear, Kyrie drew her gaze up to the sky. She was strange. Yeah she heard that before just without the angel aspect attached to it. Though the feeling could easily be extended towards him as well.

But she stood by her statement. He himself wasn't actually all that scary, it was his mannerisms and the ferocity that came out of his mouth that startled and forced her to cringe away. She hated it, honestly. Hated ever bit of it, but that was created from many years of dealing with cruel mocking and heated hatred that laced into her core that created that. Whom ever made the saying, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me; didn't know her at all. Words were powerful tools and with the right tone and voice they could strike even the strongest cord within a body.

"Kade..." she spoke gently keeping her embarrassment forward, "Why do you call me such a thing? Why not just use my name?" yes she was curious to why. But she was also wanting to converse with him, wanted just to feel for just a time that she was allowed to speak without having to worry that it would be jammed back into her face with a snarl.

Kade had started in on the bandages, washing them before he started to clean his side, fangs bared slightly at the flare of pain. He stopped, though, at the question and glanced to Kyrie before looking away...well, more like ducking his head in his own show of something like shyness. He growled to himself, going back to cleaning, but he answered. "I...I told you that...you weren't human but not to be ashamed of that." He stopped, wishing that explained it fully, but knowing it didn't and so he went on, telling himself to just get it over with.

"You..." He stilled what he was doing and glanced at her again. Why was this so hard to say?

"I'm not used to people being...kind to me and...you were...are. Honestly, it's nothing less than angelic to me at this point. So...Angel." He cleared his throat and his wings shifted, his tail coiling and flicking with nervous tension as he looked down at the cloth in his clawed hands. He resisted he urge to start slowly tearing at it just because he could.

She was like an Angel...but perhaps he called her that also because it was easier than getting attached to HER, to Kyrie. Or maybe it was the opposite and he was already thinking of her as someone he'd like to keep?

He wasn't sure which it was and the point was moot. He had to get her safely away from him and soon.

Last edited:
Kyrie hummed in slow response understanding his point of view vaguely as she lifted her hand to curl her hair out of her face, stopped and retracted her hand from doing so rather shifted it to rest across her chest to her other shoulder. "It's a sweet gesture Kade," she started off looking out along the water's gleam, "But it's not needed or required." The girl smiled gently to herself, "I am hardly any sort of angel and neither are my actions. They are merely human. Nothing more."

Her head tilted, "I know it's difficult to us humans to see past the point of a peculiar's looks and we quickly jump to conclusions about you all, but I know how cruel..." now she bit her lip stopping in her sentence to shake her head. "Never mind," she scuttled away, knowing well enough when she was bordering on personal information that was something he was attempting to avoid. "I'll... see if there is anything around that can be harvested and kept for meals." Rising up to stand brushing off her rear end from the dirt that clung, Kyrie might have wanted to feel attachment, but she knew that the peculiar did not. There was a great difference between them for that reason alone.

(if you wanna time skip, i think it could be needed. is it bad i wanna see a feral Kade! UGH! im terrible)

---

Even three days later, he found himself wondering on what she'd said. She claimed to be only human, but he'd seen enough humans to know that she wasn't like the majority - or any - that he'd met since this happened. And yet....he wanted to be human again? It was confusing. And she'd mentioned the word 'cruel'. That had stayed with him, turning over in his mind like a dog with a bone, refusing to leave. What had she meant by cruel? Had someone hurt her? Why couldn't he get that out of his head and why did it make him...angry?

Maybe he was just seeking distraction, thinking about something, anything other than what his instincts wanted.

Then again, it was a bit STUPID of him to be thinking about something that was making him want to tear into something even more than he already did. Right. Brilliant, Kade.

The hybrid bit back the snarl that was constantly in his throat now as he shook his head slightly as if he could dislodge the thoughts - No, no! Thoughts are good! Thoughts keep you human! Keep thinking! Think about...about...where you're going! What you need to do. Anything! - and then up toward the human settlement in the distance. Slit pupils expanded just slightly, his human side attempting to control the animal side, knowing time was running out for him to do so. The full moon would rip all control away from him, no matter how he fought and Kade wanted to be far, far away from this place and from Kyrie as he could be when it happened.

He looked back at said human and attempted a smile for her, the hand hidden at his side digging claws into his palm, the pain centering him. He hadn't told her, wouldn't, but her scent had started to overwhelm him, his hunger drive so very hard to contain. He hadn't slept well two nights ago and hadn't slept at all last night, his tail curled around her, but his mind raging a battle he knew he couldn't win forever.

"We're almost there."

It was obvious. He felt like an idiot for saying it, but his mind wasn't much up for coming up with anything more clever. Kade started to walk again, knowing that logically he should leave her close to the town and let her be, that he shouldn't even be seen, but....he had to make sure she'd be okay. He didn't want to contemplate over why.

• Love
Reactions: Manna Beast
Finding the oasis was something of a personal bliss, something that she privately stashed away in her thoughts to hold onto to know that there was still hope and help somewhere in this bleak world. Even if she would probably have an overwhelming difficult time trying to lead anyone back to it. But it was still hope.

She amused herself easily, playing little games in her mind alone doing well to keep herself steady and careful not to irritate Kade in ways she was learning was setting him off rather quickly. Granted she wasn't enjoying the snips and snaps of his tone at her, but she just readily reminded herself that it the ground wasn't unfamiliar by her. It stung of course and she retreated quickly into the hollow expression to try and seek a refuge that was warm and comforting but it wasn't always the right option.

Peeking up to him feeling his gaze upon her, being cautious not to challenge him in some way with a mere look, the girl nodded eagerly to his statement. Impressed there was a city out this way that was home to the humans, though she apprehensive to the entire idea as well. But that came down to her past experiences but that was something she wasn't about to go prattling on about with Kade. He had done so much for her already, it wouldn't be right to have made a mention about it. She knew how cruel humans were, a great resolve for her not to behave in such a manner, but she knew nothing less.

Adjusting the strap of the canteen across her shoulder, Kyrie looked forward as he said they were almost there watching the horizon bloom into a overgrown forest riddled shape of a city broken down from the years of harsh weather and desperate animals, she nodded again. Looking up to him with a fond gentleness that came naturally without any push or call. "Thank you Kade." she grinned softly that seemed to be given only to him for the time being.

As they were approaching closer, her thoughts became focused on the moving beings in front of the entrance to the city - though she could guess there were many ways to enter the depilated metropolis- this one seemed to be the fan favorite of entering. A pair of men from what she could tell stopped suddenly in the dirt; their attentions firm towards them as Kyrie stopped short feeling a well of sheer panic slam hard into her chest. Even she could see that they were carrying weapons on their backs, a rifle of some sort - how they managed to find ammo was beyond her- but she didn't dare believe they weren't loaded and ready.

Swallowing hard, Kyrie trembled softly as she bowed her head. "Kade... you should go before they start realizing what you are." she was hoping they didn't see him as well as she could see them. "I don't want you to risk yourself anymore than you have," she didn't know why she did it, but she did. Her grasp was as light as a feather on the wind, gentle as a soft caress as she gave his arm a warm squeeze. "Thank you again, please... be careful." her voice quivered at the end out of fear for herself and for him. Lips pressed into a thin line before she opted to smile, trotting forward making a light wave of her hand seemingly keeping the attention of the men in the distance though they had shuffled around their weapons so they were in their hands, evidently antsy about new beings coming forward.

Last edited:
Her words didn't register as clearly as they should have. His attention on the figures in the distance. He could see them more than clearly, a great many detail and he could smell them. His mouth watered even as his gut threatened to rebel, two warring natures seeking control of his body. A growl had started to build in his chest, a rumble like thunder to his own ears, but it cut off like a flame doused with ice water upon receiving the touch to his arm.

It shouldn't have mattered. It was too light, too fleeting, too gentle and he'd felt her contact more than once now, but somehow it captured his attention completely and his dilated, siltted eyes jerked away from those in the distance and back down to the human female who'd been with him less than a week and somehow had survived him. He didn't say anything. His tongue didn't want to work, but he watched her and he saw her.

He saw the way she trembled, the fear that masked her scent strongly, the way her eyes begged to not be alone, to be accepted - Oh, crap, had THAT been what she'd been trying to tell him all along? He was such an idiot! - and the hybrid watched as she slipped away from him, like sand through his claws. Kade felt the most intense desire to call her back, to reach out and pull her away from the humans, from the corrupted ones who would not understand her. But how was he any better? What exactly would he be saving her from? A life with her own kind?

And for what, a bare existence with him? If he didn't kill her.

No. No, this was where she belonged. He'd done the right thing for her.

Kade finally let the growl loose and he wondered if he was merely imagining that it sounded sad. Probably. His animal side didn't desire anything but food and the thrill of the chase. There wasn't any room for anything else.

He turned away from the city.

She didn't look back, no that would make it seem like she wasn't strong enough to do this - she wasn't. She didn't want to be but she knew she had to be. Wrapping her arms around herself dropping her eyes to the sand beneath her boots studying it through the watery vision that threatened to leak, Kyrie heard a odd clicking sound.

As if something was being loaded with a clip, slipping back to grind into the metal and her attention shot up to freeze in her step. "Move another step, and I'll shoot!" one barked through the distance, where panic had been now coated a evident terror that welled in her body unsure if she should scream or if she should just lay down on her belly.

She was certainly close enough to make out their details, both older than her. One by a great gap and the other... the other that was pointing the loaded rifle in her direction was maybe a few years older than her. Nervous and loathing the entirety of the world with a passion that was only felt but those who either escaped prison or were on their way there when the blackout occurred.

The other man was just as brazen though he wasn't ready to start shooting her, it was clear they didn't care to listen to reason.

Her voice was caught in her throat, even if it wasn't she wouldn't have been able to raise her tone. Not in this moment...

The older of the two leaned in to the first whispering something before he made a point in the distance behind her. His brows knitted tight together of the younger, dropping his line of sight along the barrel of the gun. "Turn back and leave peculiar slave."

"What?" she whispered. Did he just call her... a slave... to a peculiar.

"Just get rid of it Brax." the other one complained loudly, "Shoot her. We can't take chances of being invaded by the peculiars, especially if they are using humans as puppets now. I heard they could hypnotize humans, and she's proof of that. Shoot her!" panic was climbing into his voice as Kyrie felt her entire being shaking violently. They seen Kade but they were absolutely thinking the wrong thing!

"You're wrong!" Kyrie squeaked though it certainly wasn't loud enough though her scream certainly was. Gasping back as a bullet landed just before her feet with the crack of thunder from the gun, Kyrie fell backwards to her rear end. Her teeth clattered looking at the charred hole in the ground as their foot steps came closer.

"Damn, I missed her." the one named Brax came closer as Kyrie found the shotgun barrel shoved right into her face. "I won't this time." a cruel smile touched his features.

"Look at that, she's tainted!" the other pointed as Kyrie realized her hair wasn't hiding her face but she couldn't seem to move to fix that. "Hurry before more come to collect her, they can eat her corpse."

"Yeah yeah," Tremors racked her body as tears flourished across her face, "Shouldn't have sold your soul to monsters missy, now say goodnight." the gun was loaded again, cocked back as she swore she tasted blood in her mouth from the chattering teeth.

The gunshot was something he was familiar with. Very much so and it made Kade snarl and leap away, turning back to look at the offending humans, anger already simmering in his blood. What he saw, though, sent it skyrocketing into the clouds. The shot being directed at him he was used to. The shot being directed at Kyrie...

He'd been on edge before, precariously balancing between the fragile human part of him that remained and the chomping, black void of the feral instinct that snapped and clawed, trying to pull him under. He'd been doing well - he had, dammit - but now he felt himself fall. He felt the jaws of the feral nature sink into him like a steel trap and then Kade wasn't thinking at all anymore. Why would he? Killing was so much simpler.

The hybrid's fangs found flesh. It was so very easy, so ridiculously satisfying to feel blood flood his mouth and he chuckled a bloody, gurgling sound at the scream that rent the air. His body moved without hesitation, releasing the throat of the dying prey and finding the next with a roar. The gun meant little to him as it fired another shot, the pain that grazed his shoulder only spurring the bloodlust and his claws had their fun this time, slashing across the prey's chest, tearing through flesh and muscle, snapping bone with the force of his strike. He landed crouched over the screaming prey and with one swift yank at his throat, the scream cut off.

His roar was thunder across the wasteland, a cry of triumph and dissatisfied rage for something he couldn't even remember right now, and his silver eyes moved to the city, a bloody smile spreading. He saw nothing but a playground, a forest in which to hunt and the hybrid rose with a rumbling, eager growl, outright chuckling to see the gates closing, the prey scrambling about frantically to try and keep him out. He took a step toward the walls and some tiny, insignificant part of his mind tried to cry out in protest, but he shook it away. Thought meant nothing.

Blood was the only thing that spoke to him now and he started forward again, leaving the carnage that had failed to satisfy him behind.

It was impossible for her eyes to any wider, but they tried. Oh how they tried to consume the entire scene before her face with a horror that couldn't seem to find a basis in which it would be understood.

Blood squished into the ground with the screams threatening to pierce ear drums only to crushed into silence, Kyrie knew this scene. She seen it once already with her own father, with those who followed him and the beasts that seen then only as a meal. But she had no place to hide this time and there was an lost in his own feral nature Kade taking the gore to his pleasure.

The brown and blue gaze snapped to Kade -her stomach threatening to lose its minimal contents- but she held strong. Somehow, how she didn't know. She didn't want to know!

Hands clamped over her ears to the deafening roar that came bellowing out from his massive frame, leaving stars in her eyes from how hard she clamped them shut, the gagging smell of blood flooded her nose making everything smell like rancid copper.

Again her eyes widened when they opened, looking upon the gruesome scene she had been sitting amongst before her attention shot like the very bullet from the gun to him. She didn't have to understand peculiars or animals to know what was going through his mind. And she wished she could have understood her own, but even that seemed to be out of her league.

Trembling body rose unsteadily to her feet, a falter here to there- Kyrie panicked not for her own safety... no she started to panic for the people inside the city. Those who didn't know any better and only seen the monster they all feared. She feared for Kade and the angry loathing he would come too once he regained his senses - hopefully- knowing that he had lowered himself back into the pit that everyone else kept shoving him into. She... no she in good rights couldn't let it happen.

"Kade!" a voice found with a quivering strength, Kyrie darted along the gore of the men - pity and guilt racking through her for them, she'd be worse later for it- as her slipped in their inners only to let out a mild cry but it was minor in comparison. No she had to... she didn't know what she had to do. Jumping to escape from falling on her rear end again, the small human woman wound quick and tight in front of the peculiar stretching her arms out wide as she felt the hot tears streaming down her full face, "You can't... you're not like the other peculiars. Don't... you can't kill them!" she stated loud enough though she was certainly not feeling the strength in her body.

Biting her lip, Kyrie sobbed letting tears fly from her face as she shook her head. "Please don't Kade, you don't need to do this!" she kept her hands stretched out from her body acting like a roadblock though she wouldn't be anything if he felt the need to tear her limb from limb. "Please, please.... they don't deserve it... please... don't..." another strangled sob came from her.

Words.

Words meant nothing. They were like screams; easily cut off. They rattled around his head and through his ears but failed to ignite any kind of spark within his mind, any recognition of their meaning or their importance. The salt of tears didn't register, he didn't care and the smell of blood on the prey's body, not its own but still blood, was far more enticing than the sounds coming out of the prey's mouth.

Silver eyes dilated further, the hybrid's growl deepening and his body coiling tightly with anticipatory tension as he watched the creature before him. He wanted it to run. It was so much more fun when they ran. A step forward and a barking snarl tried to encourage this, but the prey didn't move like he wanted and anger deepened, his steps further advancing on the creature but his eyes leaving it, going back to the city beyond. This prey was boring and he knew where he could find others.

Why the hybrid started to go around Kyrie and not through her, why he now ignored her entirely when a moment before he'd been ready to tear into her if she so much as moved was not something even his logical mind, trapped as it was, could have explained. But that's what the hybrid did; he tried to go around the woman to get to his goal, not even being quick about it and therein lay another mystery he was beyond solving at this point.

The Changer would be unable to explain or reason anything he did for a while yet. All he knew right now was that he wanted more blood, but more than that, he wanted to make his own blood rush with adrenaline and the thrill of the chase.

It was all that mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.