Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
There was an idea:

To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles we never could."

This is a continuation of Rise of the Marvels...
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Rise Of The Marvels (IC Thread)

Our story thus far....

It has been a few scant weeks since Hydra attacked several landmarks around the world. Our heroes were involved in a secondary attack some time later on a fashion show in New York city, then that same night a massive gang attack on a policeman at the port of New York. They have faced off against the most dangerous Mutant terrorist known, Magneto. On the eve of a scheduled move to a new base, there was a new attack, something more devious. A scent released into the ventilation system caused one member to attack her team mates, and another to have been revealed as a shape changer.

Our team has moved now, into a new base. Old abandoned camp Lehigh in New Jersey.

latest

There have been changes since our team first started. Personnel have come and gone. There has been a week and a half since the move into the new base.

Our heroes

Captain America
Fandral of Asgard
Jessica Jones
Wanda Maximoff

Maya Lopez
Lincoln Campbell Medical officer
Jubilation Lee
Sarah Rushman aka Marrow
Frank Castle aka Punisher
Hank McCoy aka Beast
Phil Coulson

Posting Order

GM
Captain America / Lincoln Campbell
Punisher
Jessica Jones / Jubilee
Fandral / Wanda

Marrow
Maya Lopez
Beast
Phil Coulson

to be announced

Last edited:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Agent Coulson sits watching footage from the battle comparing it to previously known data. He allways watched said new footage to get an idea of the various super's capabilities. A call comes in disturbing his studies, picking up the phone he is told the news about franks "great plan". "I see...i'll be right down in a muinite". Setting down the phone he shuts off the monitor and heads out of his office and towards the assembly area. "I really should have had that talk with him sooner, this loose cannon crap needs to stop" he muttered under his breath. His tone showing a bitter annoyed tone, temporarily not the calm and friendly mask he usually wears. He understood his anger and hatred of the system, being "in country" himself he went through the same flushtration of bureaucratic nonsense that prevailed any government agency. That did not excuse dragging other agents into an unknown base filled with hydra completely in the dark of thier capabilities. You would think having faced the Viet Kong he would have least waited for more intelligence on the base. Shaking his head he put on his game face and walked on hopeing to stop this waste of man power and the element of surprise. Calling agent May he asks " we got a squad going ronin, i don't want to override your authority. Do you want to handle this or do you want me to do it?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cork
Susan appears there where McCoy, Frank and Echo are. She is surprised to see Frank, almost bumping into him.

"Thanks for the help Dr. McCoy, We about have everything the Sub has to offer in the way of Intel now. Is there any way you could look at the captured meta human. It would be nice to have a decent idea about what weaknesses they might have. "

It is only then she notices the expression and body language Frank couldn't possible hide, and probably wouldn't bother to. The other two seem to share this expression.

"I see, you three off to change the world are you ? I should think better of you Dr. McCoy, with your brilliant mind and such a young creature who depends on you so thoroughly. I think I can understand Frank, at least a little. I think we will all need a little Frank in ourselves before the end of this. But for me personally, I'd like to wait a couple more days. I'm not going to rush off like my brother and simply hope for the best. I can't help it, I am a planner. But at least we'll have intel by then. "

She moves out of the way, not quite willing to start something with Frank.

At the other end of the facility, where Wanda had been resting. Jubilee discovers that the Wanda she is now guarding is a little white psychic lie as it suddenly dissolves. A quick check with security has her wandering the halls heading for Cap's room.

In Jessica's room, Fandral is awakened. He slaps Jessica's behind to wake her.
" Something is happening with Punisher, get some armor on while I figure out where we are going "

Agent May also was reviewing the film of the beach party when she gets the call from Coulson. As she speaks she is reviewing security footage.

" Go ahead, I expect cap will be there shortly. Scarlet snuck out of bed and collapsed in his arms just now. I don't see any regular agents involved and you may have a better feel for the situation. Looks like others are there too. Keep me appraised. "

"In Sarah / Marrow's room, she is awakened by a brief and weak signal to her brain.
{{" Awaken, you are needed, find Capt"}} and it seems to fade and didn't end as it was intended.

@Sonevar @Michale CS @Cork @davewski @BrokenWings @Drixe @LuckycoolHawk9

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
jubilee-banner-jpg.157752
When the fake Wanda disappeared, she stared for a moment. "Sunnuvah- Fine. Be that way." She was going to report that Wanda was missing, but she didn't even do that. She just went back to her room. Echo wanted to leave despite what she said, she was useless in her mind as far as the team goes so far, and now Wanda, the woman who said she needed her for support, ditched her.

Jubilee was pissed. So, once she got back to her room, she scrolled through all of the music she kept on her phones (yes, phones, don't judge) to find a suitable I'm pissed off playlist.

jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

"Hey! Next time I'm slapping your ass!" I threatened, but begrudgingly got up and started putting on the SHIELD getup. I hadn't needed the protection so far, but with Frank involved, hell, anything could be going on. I even grabbed one of those funky stun guns that SHIELD kept trying to get me to use.

Sarah shuffles, kicking the sheets off of her.

"Gotta..." A yawn escapes her mouth, "Gotta find Captain..."

A thick mass of bone, like a large trochanter, slides out of her palm. As it thins out, her hand instinctively grabs her new club.

"...caveman? No, that's not right..." Sarah shambles to her closet, grabbing a box of cereal. She turns around opening the box with her mouth, and pouring the cereal into a bowl she had used the night before. She heavily drops both the box and her hand onto the table, before staring at the bowl. The haze in her eyes created a smorgasbord of color and shapes, much as was the shape of thinking at that moment. She continued to ponder.

"Why would...a mysterious voice... want me to eat Captain Crunch..." She looks up at the clock on her desk, "...at this time of morning?"

"..."

"Oh, right, -that- captain." She grabs her bowl of cereal, then rushes down the hall to find -that- Captain's Quarters.

• Nice Execution!
Captain America and Lincoln Campbell

Captain America had been carrying Wanda back to her room when he would run into Lincoln. " That is not how she should have been resting. Do you want me to do a second-"

Cap would cut Lincoln off. " Yes, but I would check on Jubilee first. She was supposed be guarding Wanda as you told me earlier and I am certain that she used some tricks and is probably angry and needs someone to talk too. I would normally go, but I have a feeling that I am needed in at least two different places already. Might not want to add a third. When you are done, meet the team and I at the sub, preferably with Jubilee."

Lincoln would only sigh and nod, heading off to Jubilee's room to go and check on the girl. Meanwhile, Captain America would take the time to make sure Wanda was back where she needed to be. He would catch Sarah rush towards his quarters. " Sarah, do you need me for something? I am needing by the sub, but we can walk and talk as we get there," he said to her. He would be walking at a moderate pace, listening as he did.

He would eventually arrive at the bay. " It might be a little sooner too. It might be smart to wait until we know everything before we do anything. Last thing we want to do is go in half-cocked and lose good agents or have them fall into enemy hands," he said.

Meanwhile, Lincoln would knock on Jubilee's door, making sure to speak or practically shout so she could hear. He had no clue when he became part-time babysitter. " Jubilee, do you need to talk?" He asked. Damn it, Cap, he was a doctor, not a therapist. Hopefully, this would work.

@Gands @Michale CS @Sonevar @BrokenWings @davewski @Cork @Drixe

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

The music had changed to a different song, but one not much less angry, by the time Lincoln got there...

About when the song got to Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker! when it cut off and she threw the door open and stared at him for a good ten seconds before marching back into her room - leaving the door open for him to follow, however.

"So, what sage advice do you have for me, Doctor? I tried keeping happy. I tried concerned. And look... here I am sitting by myself in my room, and the one person who said they needed me near them fucking bailed on me and screwed with my head to do it. She coulda said, hey, I wanna take a walk, or I need to talk to someone else... and I would have been cool with it. But sneaking out? That's chicken shit. First Echo was gonna walk out cuz she thought I was trying to keep her away from Wanda or some shit, then Wanda bails on me too. Am I that fucking annoying that no one wants to be around me for long? - Don't answer that, cuz I know right now, I am. But generally... geez what do I gotta do to fit in around here?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

• Haha
Reactions: Drixe and davewski
"Captain Cavema- I mean Marrow, reporting as ordered, sir," said Sarah, nearly swinging her club into her forehead. Her face showed her surprise for a moment, and she stuffed her club under her other arm, before giving a proper salute. "I don't normally respond to the voices in my head, but this one said to come find you, and I figured stranger things have happened around here. Whatever it is you need me to do, I'm here, sir."

Echo smirks as she is passed over by everyone who addresses Frank, even so far as Susan making her feel 'invisible'. She walks to the center of the hangar so as to be seen by whatever monitors exist and begins to Sign.

"I have 2 reasons for being here: 1) My disloyal jerk of an ex said this team needed me because he was too busy thinking about his own morality. 2) A member of this team told me that I was needed by her. What I did not know before was that this team disfunctionaly operates according to the hierarchy of a bureaucratic high school or a congressional knitting circle. Additionally the vulnerable little sister approach has apparently been used effectively at least twice before. Because of this, both reasons lose potency.

Therefore, my only reason for being here is to get the job done. So to those whom it may concern, would you kindly holster your bureaucracy and let those with the balls and the real weapons get to work while the rest of you debate who among you has the authority to formulate a plan?"

After her fast fingered tirade (expletives included) she moves to exit the hangar in search of a Quinn Jet or near equivalent.

@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Drixe @BrokenWings @Cork @davewski

Last edited:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln hoped that the teenage runaway didn't ask him for any advice, he wasn't exactly sure what he was going to say....

And there it was. Like clockwork. The one thing that he didn't want to happen had happened. The teen rebel Jubilee had asked him for some sage advice. But he was no Cap, he would have to wing some nonsense now and be honest with himself.

" I don't have any magical sage device that is going to make things better. I can't even say why Wanda would do such a thing to you. I'm not her and I'm way too old to honestly understand the mind of a teenage girl, probably wouldn't have even understood someone like Wada when I was a teen. I imagine that she was worried about hurting you or making you worried about whatever she wanted. I don't think you are annoying at all. I can't honestly answer how you can fit around here. Hell, I don't feel like I fit in here as well. There are all these top A-Listers and then there's me, a street level guy who got electricity and can occasionally fix people with my medical school training. I imagine that it will come in time though," he said.

Captain America

Captain America had to chuckle a bit on Marrow's flub, but he kept his composure. " Well, it's good to know that you don't always listen to the voices in your head, I am going to need you to come with me to the hanger bay, but first, we are going to have inform Fandral and Jessica where we are going. It's mostly to stop the team from going rogue before we lose too much information on everything that just happened here as well," he said, going to find Fandral and Jessica. " I need you two to come with me, we have to convince someone to not do something dumb and one of those someone is Frank Castle. Just in case we need some more extra muscle."

@Michale CS @Gands@BrokenWings @davewski @Cork @Drixe @Sonevar

Last edited:
Agent Coulson walks by in the corridor and looks to the captain. " You handling this insurrection, or do you need my assistance. I'd rather not override your authority in front of your team if i can help it. " He waited for the response hoping he didnt have deal with his nonsense. He added after the response " we may need agent castle and echo for a recon team to scout the island and eliminate any anti air suport on it. I'll give you the file later, but it's up to you to decide if given the circumstances thier still able to be trusted to keep our element of surprise rhat we have." Walking beside the group he went along to stand by to see if he was needed.

Last edited:
Captain America

Captain America had forgotten all about Agent Coulson, since he hadn't spoken to him in a while. " I can handle the insurrection, but I wouldn't mind having the added support when I talk with them. I feel like this is an all hands on deck situation. I feel we are all in need of a conversation about working as a team and waiting for information before on it. I will make a note of that, but first we have to make sure that Castle and the others don't do anything dumb such as going to the island without back-up. Actually, I feel that you might be more needed to help with Jubilee. I sent Agent Campbell, but he isn't exactly meant for giant rousing speeches, if you don't mind."

@Drixe

Where Jubilee is, she will notice that Wanda is unconscious on a medical Gurney. Behind Lincoln is another woman in a shield uniform and armor. One Natasha Romanov, familiar to both Lincoln and Jubilee.

1554697323659.png

"Hey Lincoln, nice to see you in such good... health. Sparkles.. they are going to need a scouting group, think you can handle that without blowing our cover ? (This is accompanied with a wink and a smile ) That and getting your act together for it… and... finally, being able to deal with Agent Castle. "

Whatever Jubilee's answer actually was, Black Widow isn't going to take no and encourages the younger agent to follow her.

"Come on Sparkles, I need to go meet Cap and you might as well come along ! See you around Lincoln! "

On Coulson's private line... " Phil, I have Sparkles with me, we'll be there with you and Cap in a moment "

Moments later, the two women find Cap, Fandral, Jones & Coulson heading towards the Hanger.

" Hello Captain Rogers, my name is Natasha Romanov. I am a Shield infiltration expert. Fury told me to report to you about some scouting that needs to be done. My file is now available to you and Agent May, who is familiar with me. I have done training with several of your personnel, along with working with Agents Coulson, May and Castle on several occasions. "

She makes no mention of Jubilee, nor does she make separate introductions of herself to any others present. She walks at the pace everyone else does.

Meanwhile where Frank, Beast, Susan and Echo are...

Susan takes a moment to stare at Frank Castle.

"I am not a strategist really Agent Castle, but I am familiar with your reputation. I swear to god if you go and get any of my team killed off for needless stupid macho crap, I will put a forcefield inside your head that will severely cramp your fucking style. "

With that she walks off towards Beast, leaving Echo and Punisher. Wisely she engages Beast in science talk, leading him away to finish a report on the new meta humans Hydra was using.

"As they walk, she sends this message to command channel. "We have finished the report of what we obtained from the Submarine computers, most of our information is regarding the underwater entrance, security codes for that level and additional computer access when we get in. Nothing regarding any surface personnel or facilities. We should have additional information on these new Metahumans in a few hours, if I don't collapse first. "

Cap will note that Susan has worked all night on her reports and computer hacking.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Drixe @davewski @BrokenWings @Sonevar

• Ah Seen It
Before Susan walks off, Frank utters in a low voice so only she can hear, "You're right about one thing, Ms Invisible One, you're NOT a strategist. And oh bye the way, better supers than you have tried to fuck with my brain, but this is not the time to play this out."

With that, Frank turns to the assembled company, "Well Hail, Hail, the Gangs all here! " Frank smiles as he says this. "Maybe I'm a bit extreme in my methods, but Cap asked me to help collect everyone for the next phase in our operations. I can sometimes be a bit … rambunctious, but he has a plan, and he wants everyone to hear it."

Frank passes close to Cap as he walks around and says in a low voice, "I may be extreme in my methods, but I got your back...whatever happens. We have a common enemy that few here might ever understand. No sacrifices...They're too young to be offered as payment for someone else's sins."

Reactions: Gands
Fandral the Loyal

Before Cap can start his speech, he finds the Asgardian whispering into his ear.

" Perhaps before you start, I think Son of Coul is itching to give you his thoughts. "

This is said loud enough for Coulson to hear and act upon if he wishes.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Drixe

Hank looked over at Cap & Coulson, they were both tapping on their mobiles, having must have just gotten messages. In the awkward silence spoke: "We're here because I sent a notice about a strike Frank suggested against Hydra. I agree... as soon as we know where they are. We don't. We know they're nearby because this is a small fuel-cell-based, non-nuclear attack sub, using some German & Italian parts. Very stealthy. It must be supplied by a base within a few hundred miles of here, but I'm guessing closer... getting ready to attack us... probably a mobile base that is currently on the move based on Hydra's past tactics & strategies.

If we're going to attack them, we need to take a look at the recently deciphered submarine records and figure out where they were earlier today. Susan has done a lot of that already. I'll examine the prisoners meanwhile. Once we know where to start searching, we can send out a small group with Mendellia to "Bell the Cat": Put a long-wave gyro limpet or 2 on their hull. It will stay silent until we query it. We'll scout the base also.

Meanwhile people here will prepare an attack. Those are my suggestions. Any others?

@Sonevar @davewski @Drixe @Michale CS @BrokenWings @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Last edited:
Having traded her bone-club for a bone-spoon, (an act Sarah hoped nobody had noticed) she listened intently to Beast's ideas while eating her cereal as quietly as she could manage. Aside from her munching, it all sounded good, but also sounded like most of the work that had to be done right now would have to be done by someone who actually had a post-secondary education. Wishing she had milk, she wondered why this whole conversation could not have waited until an hour most people, including super-powered para-military types, would have considered reasonable.

@Gands @Sonevar @davewski @Drixe @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Coulson looks to captain America and says "i guess i got this, we are planing a two front attack on the island. Unfortunately we don't have enough intel to go ahead with it at the moment. In a few days we were going to send a recon team to the island to scout the top side, and remove any anti air systems they have. If you want on the recon team talk to the lady next to me" he pointed out agent romanov . " We assumed after the the last fight you may want a few days to get your head right". He looked to agent castle and continued "apparently some of you cant seem to wait a few days. Keep calm your going to get your chance to kill more nazis. We haven't stopped fighting hydra, we just want to do it with some sense of tactics. The last sentence seem sarcastic, deviating from coulsons normal calm smooth way of speaking. He looked to the group and finished with " later today at a more reasonable time we will brief you on the basics of the plan. Are there any questions?"

Reactions: Gands
Echo finds a Quinn Jet (or nearest equivalent) In a nearby bay. Having been so often overlooked, she has committed to memory several door access codes. She opens the jet and proceeds to the cockpit, warming the craft up and going through all the pre-flight checks, muttering to herself in her frustration, her muscle memory performing the tasks that her mind is too angry to focus on, only to realize with a self-derisive grunting sigh that she cannot hear that she does NOT have the access codes to the hangar exit door.

@Gands @Michale CS @Drixe @davewski @Cork @BrokenWings @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln looked around and saw that nobody was going to stop him. He wondered into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of beer and chugged it down. He took a second bottle out of the fridge and had a good enough metabolism. It wasn't like he had a problem that he wasn't going to address.... nope, not at all. He would toss the bottle in the garbage. Time to go to the meeting.

@Gands

ZUw9KrU_d.jpg
CLANG!
That was the sound of an electromagnetic docking clamp being attached to the side of the Quinjet Echo had prepped. Cap was standing on one of the rolling metal staircases used for maintenance of the crafts.

"Now that I have your attention, form up, people! You too Echo." Steve waited for the group to gather near where he was perched. "While I appreciate your initiative, this is not how things are going to be run around here. The way I see it, this operation has a much better chance of success with a two-pronged attack."

Rogers looked at Beast. "Doctor McCoy, your unique vehicle gives us a tactical advantage, but no good operation ever succeeded blind. We're splitting up into two squads. One will go with you, composed of people who have the best chance of infiltrating from the underwater entrance. Susan, Rushman, Fandral... You'll join Dr. McCoy and I on his vessel. Our job is infiltrating from the underwater entrance." He paused and looked to Agent Coulson.

"Agent Coulson, first of all sorry for talking over you but we both saw the disarray we were about to fall into. Phil, your team will consist of Captain Castle, Agent Lee, Miss Lopez, Miss Jones, and Mister Campbell. Your job is recon topside. Those of you on Phil's team without military training, follow the lead of those who do. Feed us all the Intel you can so we can find a convergence point to regroup. If we're taking this entire base with the people we have here, we need to do it smart. Natasha, I need you on overwatch coordinating both our teams."

"NO. Showboating. Take this systematically, and we'll succeed. That is all. Any questions?"

@Gands @BrokenWings @Sonevar @Drixe @davewski @Cork @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Cork and Gands