Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
There was an idea:

To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles we never could."

This is a continuation of Rise of the Marvels...
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Rise Of The Marvels (IC Thread)

Our story thus far....

It has been a few scant weeks since Hydra attacked several landmarks around the world. Our heroes were involved in a secondary attack some time later on a fashion show in New York city, then that same night a massive gang attack on a policeman at the port of New York. They have faced off against the most dangerous Mutant terrorist known, Magneto. On the eve of a scheduled move to a new base, there was a new attack, something more devious. A scent released into the ventilation system caused one member to attack her team mates, and another to have been revealed as a shape changer.

Our team has moved now, into a new base. Old abandoned camp Lehigh in New Jersey.

latest

There have been changes since our team first started. Personnel have come and gone. There has been a week and a half since the move into the new base.

Our heroes

Captain America
Fandral of Asgard
Jessica Jones
Wanda Maximoff

Maya Lopez
Lincoln Campbell Medical officer
Jubilation Lee
Sarah Rushman aka Marrow
Frank Castle aka Punisher
Hank McCoy aka Beast
Phil Coulson

Posting Order

GM
Captain America / Lincoln Campbell
Punisher
Jessica Jones / Jubilee
Fandral / Wanda

Marrow
Maya Lopez
Beast
Phil Coulson

to be announced

Last edited:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Events seemed to be moving and Cap made a signal. Putting aside what I'd seen earlier (can someone actually DO that?) I readied a grenade and moved into a ready position.

"Even if I can't see the others, if can launch a grenade down through the open hatch, I can slow them down for a few instants and give Fandral and Namor time to defend themselves if something unexpected comes out through the opened hatch."

I look around at the young team members. No time to train, no time to learn hard lessons.

I ready myself, willing my impulses to a slow pace. What will they do? I look forward to their responses.

Everyone seems to have held there breath as Cap's hand finally descends. Wanda too is nervous and excited as her scarlet smoky wisps of power seep into the submarine. All at once the incredible wrenching noise of Wanda's power pulling the top of the stubborn hatch off. With impeccable timing, Frank Castle's hand grenade bounces off the inner surface of the hatch top and into the inside of the submarine, where there is a loud explosion noise. A man's body comes shooting out and bouncing off the hatch top.

1539149028425.png

He gets up, having landed in front of Jessica Jones & Beast. He is glowing red and turned to one side facing Namor. There are more inside the sub making their way out.

@Michale CS

jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

What the shit? It's always some powered freak or another. "Where do all of you guys come from, anyway?" I figure he can take it so I step up and deck the freak full force. Felt good not to hold back, actually.

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

Jubilee's training at SHIELD kicked into gear, and she moved to a flanking position. Her strong suit was disorienting the enemy, so she sent a stream of fireworks across the top of the sub where the hole was, hopefully blinding and distracting the others inside.

Fandral the Daring

Fandral is still impatient. it has been a long while since the battle on the docks in New York. He grins when Jessica lets loose on the one strange fellow in front of her. ( For clarification, the sub is on it's side, with the hatch pointing towards our heroes. )

Fandral sticks his hand into the hatch and pulls out another glowing disoriented person out of the hatch. Before she can object, he throws her up into the air. While the Asgardian isn't exactly Ben Grimm, the everlovin Thing, she goes a fair way up into the air.

" Pull '" he shouts out.

Wanda

Wanda seems to have spent several small moments remembering the massacre at the fashion show, all of the innocent people who dies at the iconic monument locations some months back. She reaches in with her telekinesis and pulls another one of the glowing people out. With her power, she spins him faster than a top as she pulls him out.

(mentally to Marrow and Maya ) "I am delivering the next one to you, he'll be disoriented for a moment."

After a few moment spinning at high speed, her victim is delivered with considerable force into the sand in front of Marrow and Maya.

Nearby Melinda May is speaking into her communicator. Agents 3,5, and 7 fire at airborne target. Everyone else stand by for additional enemy forces.

@BrokenWings @Sonevar

Cap... Near the opening of the hatch, can hear inside... " Cut off one head, two more will replace it "

Sarah moves quickly, hovering over the glowing top who had been shoved, torso first, into the sand. She stows her bone-mitar, placing her hand, palm down, on the back of the Hydra agents head. A quick, wet thunk leaves an ulnar shaped spike sticking out of the man's skull.

"I may not be a rocket surgeon," she mutters to herself, "but last I checked, people don't normally glow."

Sarah repeats the process several more times while moving down the agent's spine, hoping to sever any connection that might still be there.

Seeing all that's going on, she coordinates with Wanda <Do we want them alive?>

If the answer is yes, she will hold fire and wait

If the answer is no, she will breathe out steadily, concentrating on her Bullseye memories firing a quick 3 rounds between the eyes of 3 targets 1) Marrow's pin cushion 2) the airborne skeet body 3) the shot will ricochet off the rim of the sub hatch to take out the next one exiting the sub

Receiving a negative response, at least for these first shock troops, she fires the "third eye" shots

Last edited:
Hank ascertained that there are too few targets and too many people ready to fire. He'd hold his attack while invisible, ready to launch.

Agent coulson stands in the distance studying the fight, comparing each participant to his files on them. Agent castle's marine traning shows as he's takes up a great breaching position. As for fandral he just shakes his head. First he gives up being invisible for...honer...sport? Then he starts using nazi supersolders like clay pidgions? The others seem able to adapt to the "skeet shooting sub clearing tactic" well enough, flexibility is allways good he thinks.
Namor is either an idiot or only cares for his people. All he had to was carry the sub to some deap trench and pop the hull, everyone in side gets crushed by the pressure alone saving you from doing any work. Instead he drags it here and watches from the sidelines as we clear it, not sure which is worse as an "ally ".
He remains where he is watching, continuing to take mental notes of everyones actions.

So, back to our battle.

People watch as the three odd Hydra miscreants seem to heal as the are attacked. Even so, the one up in the air is simply hit by too many bullets as he his held aloft by Wanda. Even with his healing it isn't enough.

The one in front of Marrow was hit hard by the two women nearest him and he is struggling mightily to get back up, with as much as Marrow did to him, the going is slow, but he is still trying. Some of the agents nearest to the two women, Echo and Marrow look a bit in shock as he is getting back up however slowly.

A third one, like the first two comes stumbling out, part of his torso, healing slowly from hand grenade damage. He doesn't particularly look healthy. A half dozen Hydra regulars come out behind him. A firefight starts between them and your Shield agents.

Namor, perhaps bored, throws his trident fully into the head of the glowing Hydra super agent.

Fandral is waiting for a moment to see what Cap does.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @BrokenWings @Sonevar @Drixe @Cork @davewski

Reactions: Cork
Pausing to evaluate the melee, and my effectiveness, I stop and ponder.

The Red, White, and Blue squad are doing their thing. Fists are pounding, bodies are flying, a lot of noise and commotion. So much going on to occupy everyone's attention.

Meanwhile, in my moment of quiet, I notice a hatch down the length being opened. Someone coming out. Hydra always has two heads, waiting to strike.

I run down the length of the submarine looking for targets and snap off several shots at the person there. That will attract some attention, but that can't be avoided. Maybe some of my team-mates will notice and realize the problem.

With the immediate problem being down, I look at the open hatchway, obviously guarded, a probable killing zone. I smile to myself. Isn't this what life for us is meant to be? Dirty jobs for Dirty people. The kind that's never written in the history books.

I enter the hatch.

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

Jubilee heard May, and her training stayed true to form. She was told to hold to watch for additional forces, so she powered up a couple of plasmoids but didn't let them loose unless something breached the line and got past the heroes near the sub. Part of her wanted to go up there with the others and just blaze up the bad guys, but Jubilee's powers tended to be so flashy that they'd distract or even hinder her allies. SHIELD training had taught her a lot. There was a time and place for Shock and Awe, and this wasn't it.

jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

Dumbass Jarhead going in alone. I think, and follow Punisher in, padding behind him on the beach. Fuck, how did sand get into my boot? That's gonna annoy the shit out of me eventually. These things were super strong so if one got too close to Frank, training, badassery or no, he'd be smiling out of the back of his skull. And isn't that what the Hell I was supposed to be doing now? The whole 'hero' thing again? Tricked into it by Kingpin, stayed around for I have no idea what reason, and then... That goddamned always-smiling Asgardian. Was I that ready to find someone to hop into bed with again? Maybe. I'm a sick fuck sometimes. To get my mind off of it I chatted Frank up. Talk about a bucket of ice water. "So, you always had a death wish or was that something you picked up recently as a hobby?"

Last edited:
Captain America and Lincoln Campbell

Captain America watched as everyone started to happen at once and it took him a moment to process what was happening. He hadn't expected HYDRA to have super soldiers, even if they were slightly damaged and were not versions that he was expecting. That was the honest truth of the matter too. He had took a moment to gather himself and he wondered how he had froze when that never happened before. He would have to address that problem later as it wasn't as pressing as everything else that was happening.

That was exactly what he expected them to say when it came to them losing. HYDRA was never fair in their fights.

A third one, like the first two comes stumbling out, part of his torso, healing slowly from hand grenade damage. He doesn't particularly look healthy. A half dozen Hydra regulars come out behind him. A firefight starts between them and your Shield agents.

Lincoln would help by tossing some electro balls towards both the soldier and the regulators to help the agents as both as he could. He wasn't exactly sure what else he could possibly do and he knew that maybe his best wouldn't be good enough though.

Cap saw that between his agents and Namor, the super soldier was handled and he headed to the hatch, to make sure that he was the last one. He was going to cut them at the pass if he needed too and headed down to make sure the sub was empty inside.

Reactions: Cork and Gands
Fandral of Asgard

So far, in his role of backup, this skirmish had been boring for the young Asgardian. He does in fact notice Punisher & Jessica run down the length of the Sub towards the water. One Hydra guy foolishly made it out, only to be pulled into the water by Namor's people.

" Damnation, I am going to miss all of the good fighting "

He moves along the side of the sub, and just now above the one entrance the madman Castle went in, along with Jessica.

Elsewhere in the battle Marrow watches her foe continue to get up, then she pounds it, then it starts getting up again. Beast is nearby.

Aided by shielding provided by Susan, the invisibility now gone, Shield is gaining the upper hand.

Wanda is holding the one glowing & crazed, regenerating agent aloft. Finally wrapping him in duct tape, dumping him near Coulson & Echo.

Sarah stood back up, making sure the HYDRA agent had stopped moving before retrieving her weapons. He hadn't.

Sarah shrugged incredulously, before marching back to hover the HYDRA agent. Ditching the sword and shield idea, she grabbed at the scapula spike nearest her right shoulder, ejecting it in the shape of a large scythe. She swings the blade down, and it stops between the sand and agent's neck.

"You're stubborn. I don't like that."

She places one of her feet in the small of the downed agents back, and the other on the back of his head. As she grasps part of the scythe's shaft that's closer to the ground, she begins grunting in effort.

"I mean," she continues, "-I can appreciate it! But I still don't like it!" One final grunt of effort and she feels the release she was looking for. She stands up, readjusting herself. She begins to look around, noticing her allies aren't invisible anymore, and noticed some SHIELD agents staring at her small spectacle.

"If this doesn't stop him, I don't know what will," clarifying her actions to the agents. Sarah knew she was new, she didn't want everyone else to get the wrong impression about her.

She looked down, making sure that the guy wasn't moving anymore, and noticed a hole between his eyes that she was certain wasn't there while he was flying at her. She looks around again, noticing another agent that stood out amongst the others. Assuming this woman was responsible, she gives her a thumbs up.

"First impressions are important," she mutters to herself.

The echo, realizing as she feared that firearms were of little use unless overwhelming fire was employed she reaches over her shoulder for a handle that isn't there... frowning she pulls back to concentrate fire with the agents.

Hank stared in horror at steam plumes from 2 opening missile ports on the foredeck of the submarine. They were about to launch.

He looked about the rock-strewn beach. This was not a raked tourist beach covered with dredged sand. He screamed aloud to whatever team members hadn’t gone inside, “MISSLES!” Counting every heartbeat he grabbed the nearest small boulder and leapt to the top of the sub. He heaved it over his head and hurled it down onto the tube, forcing it to jam amid a shower of rock shards. He prayed that the explosion would throw off the other missile, or that one of his team-mates could deal with it.

Beast then leapt to the back of the conning tower, hoping it would shield him from the explosion. While in-flight he roared, “TAKE COVER!”

What would this do to those inside?

Attachments

• MK178_ARTFXp_BEAST2_1000.jpg
    MK178_ARTFXp_BEAST2_1000.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Agent coulson takes out his fire arm just in case and walks over to th duc taped glowing agent. looking down at him gun at the ready he examines the the apperant super solder. "hmm you look like a canidate for visicection" he says in a cold voice and motions for some agents to restrain him and take him away. moving a bit closer to the action he looks up when he hears beast's warning and takes out a cellphone and hits a button callling the base's security dispatcher "we need anti air defense on the beach side prepped now!"

There seemed to be little resistance from the enemy on the beach now. Where Cap was, one last Hydra man blew himself up with a hand grenade. Cap, with his shield, takes no damage aside from the carnage. Where Punisher and Jessica go to a second hatch, there are only regular Hydra personnel. Aside from a bullet or two for each of their armor to handle, they emerge unscathed and their enemies... dead to the last man unless Jessica decides to save one. Miss Marrow finishes her enemy off, there are limits to his regeneration apparently.

Hank McCoy's warning to his new teammates alerts Wanda up in the sky. She uses her telekinesis to pull the three emerging missiles up into the air, for a moment using their flight to propel herself too. The sight draws most people's eyes to the sky. Susan does her best to provide an additional shield for Wanda way up in the air. The distance is a great strain for her though.

At the Sub, Fandral hops into a missile tube and into the sub, desperately searching for a self destruct.

Way up in the sky, the missiles all three explode, not nuclear thank God... But as a result, Susan collapses in a heap near Echo and Marrow and Wanda is seen falling from high up in the sky. There is no red glow emitting from the young mutant now.

Prince Namor moves to Susan's side after barking an order to one of his people. A young teenage girl, who looks extremely athletic, rises from the water, flying slowly, but flying none the less.

@davewski @LuckycoolHawk9 @BrokenWings @Cork @Michale CS @Sonevar @Drixe