Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
There was an idea:

To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles we never could."

This is a continuation of Rise of the Marvels...
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Rise Of The Marvels (IC Thread)

Our story thus far....

It has been a few scant weeks since Hydra attacked several landmarks around the world. Our heroes were involved in a secondary attack some time later on a fashion show in New York city, then that same night a massive gang attack on a policeman at the port of New York. They have faced off against the most dangerous Mutant terrorist known, Magneto. On the eve of a scheduled move to a new base, there was a new attack, something more devious. A scent released into the ventilation system caused one member to attack her team mates, and another to have been revealed as a shape changer.

Our team has moved now, into a new base. Old abandoned camp Lehigh in New Jersey.

latest

There have been changes since our team first started. Personnel have come and gone. There has been a week and a half since the move into the new base.

Our heroes

Captain America
Fandral of Asgard
Jessica Jones
Wanda Maximoff

Maya Lopez
Lincoln Campbell Medical officer
Jubilation Lee
Sarah Rushman aka Marrow
Frank Castle aka Punisher
Hank McCoy aka Beast
Phil Coulson

Posting Order

GM
Captain America / Lincoln Campbell
Punisher
Jessica Jones / Jubilee
Fandral / Wanda

Marrow
Maya Lopez
Beast
Phil Coulson

to be announced

Last edited:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
All these years later, Hank could never look at His Royal Highness Prince of Atlantis without thinking first… “What’s with the footie wings?” They seemed unconvincing props. They'd clashed and allied from time to time.

Hank bowed low, and said “Your Highness, old friend, you are most welcome.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Agent Coulson packs up his file and puts it back into his briefcase. Getting up he heads out to see the commotion, seeing namor he turns to say to beast "i guess it does have ocean access after all" . Seeing security already in position he stands back and waits to see if he needs to do anything.

Reactions: Cork
Well, finally a break from the monotony. Alarms going off, "intruders on the premises." Relief.

Is this what the new SHIELD is all about? At the briefing, there were drawings, and diagrams, and more drawings, graphs, more graphs, and more diagrams. Then came almost 45 minutes of "advanced analytics" from the newbie techs. Seems like they have come up with "better" ways at looking at what has always worked in the past.

I was about ready to set my cigar lighter to the entire batch of paperwork, but I then remembered what I told Fury. "I'll work with them," I told him, "I'll help them find their way, regardless of the outcome."

They even seem to think there's a better way to hold a gun to someone's forehead. Guess I'm just going to have to go Old School on that one.

When the alarms sounded, it was the "suit", Coulsen who led the way, even if he was the last to leave the room. He's a "suit", management type. All the agents deferred to him, even Cap. Perhaps that bears watching.

Outside, the cause of the disturbance has made himself known. Some of the others seems to know him. Maybe we'll move based on what he has to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain America and Lincoln Campbell

There were little details that showed that all of the betrayals had gotten to Cap more than he cared to admit. Yes, the facial hair was one of them, but it was the general silence to the suggestion. He wasn't mad at his crew, but it felt so wrong to give them so little information. As much as he respected Namor, it would be so much easier if he could tell them. He wondered if he had casted some doubt.

Lincoln wondered if the Captain was doing okay and for that matter the team. With so many members coming and going like a revolving door, he wondered the impact on the people. Was it worth the wait?

Before May even came with this information, Cap had a feeling that he knew what was happening. He knew that at this point, the meeting wasn't going to take priority. The members could hear what was going on would want to investigate what was happening and he had a feeling that knowing Prince Namor, it was probably something that wasn't the best idea in the world. But then again, Cap had made a fair share of dumb ideas over the years.

" Well, we have an unexpected visitor, so the meeting will continue after we go see what is going on at the beach," he said, already knowing what was going on. It was easier that way.

As the group heads down to the beach, there standing by himself * albeit with a group of Shield personnel not far off armed and ready is Prince Namor of Atlanttis.There are others not far off in the water, one blonde haired young woman in a scaly green armored swimsuit is keeping a keen eye out.

Cap had a ton of different things that he could say about the situation that had just happened, but he decided to not say anything, letting the silence speak for itself. " Okay, if I may be so bold as to ask something, is this ship from the area where the Captain mentioned and would you be his old friend?" Lincoln asked.

@Gands @Michale CS @Cork @davewski @BrokenWings @Sonevar @Drixe

Namor of Atlantis

He stands there for a moment, giving a respectful nod to Dr. McCoy. Another nod of his head to his old friend Steven Rogers.

" Doctor McCoy, I have heard many good things about you, it is my pleasure to meet you. Greetings to you all, allies of Captain America. I am Namor of Atlantis. Yes, I fought the scourge from Germany many years ago. We thought them done. Apparently we were wrong. Forgive me Steven, I could not wait for the results of the usual American committee meeting. This { he points to the damaged & beached submarine } is a Hydra machine. Consider it my gift and proof of what I claim. "

He looks at each of the people gathered on the beach.

" Of Doctor McCoy and the X-men, I have heard. Punisher, the man who hunts men, I have heard. "

He looks then at Sue Storm and his expression changes, no longer the dour monarch, he has a face full of regrets, at least for that instant.

" Susan, it has been... too long. Reed is a fool "

He sighs.

" You must take the fight to your enemies Steven, they will not conveniently wait for you to study them... I will not wait...This is my world too and no leftover Nazi scum are going to take it. If you cannot move against them... I will. I am gathering allies too. Old powers, new powers. Beings who value your world as much as I do. "

{{ For the record, Wanda is translating telepathically for Maya }}

He waves briefly to the people in the water. The young female emerges carrying a bag, which she carries to Cap, laying it at his feet before going back into the water.

" A communicator, forgive me if I take precautions, I want no Shield underwater teams investigating my domain. Good fortune to you all. I take my leave " He turns to go.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @BrokenWings @Cork @davewski @Drixe @Sonevar

I must admit, I'm surprised.

Maybe I'm now kind of a "Rockstar". People recognize me, when I'm just standing in a crowd. Is that what FAME feels like? Do moviestars feel this way? Should I feel this way? I acknowledge his greeting with a nod and hide my true response.

I've fought for the evil in society to recognize me, to FEAR me, to run when they know I'm coming. I am the PUNISHER. But now, when others who fight to protect their own acknowledge me, I'm at a loss. What do I do? Do I smile at them, do I wave and tell them "I'm on your side?"

No matter. My guns are ready. Namor's actions will force a response. SHIELD must respond or lose the initiative. He understands this, and is playing on it. I must find out more about this "Prince of Atlantis."

I laugh internally when the communication device is thrown onto the beach. SHIELD tends to think they're invincible. They deserve to be taken down a peg. I overhear the two young techs talking about it.

"But it was designed to not be detectable. How could they find it?"
"Well, maybe you're not the inventor you thought you were."
"NO. It must have been some kind of internal leak."
"I think you're being oversensitive. It could have been an accident."
"An accident? How can one of my devices been an ACCIDENT?"
"Well, I guess we'll just have to go back to the drawing board, won't we?"

The voices fade off into the distance. Are they truly that innocent? Either way, SHIELD must respond. HYDRA will pay for their crimes.

I will see to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agent coulson watches as namor and cap talk, better to work from the side lines he thinks. He looks to the security on the beach giving them a nod to finish up on the beach. he says to the nearest tech "i'll need the data from the sub asap of course'. His tone was polite but those who knew him would note a bit of coldness to it. the tech nods and says "of course" before heading to the sub when the security cleared it for the tech crew. He turned back to walk into the base. Heading for his office he needed to settle in and get things organized. "i'll be in my office if needed". The message was to cap but loud enough for others the hear.

Seeing that the others were dealing with feather-feet she turned to head back to the base. Once again this was not someone she needed to bother with. Over the coming days she did as she had promised to Wanda, watchingall of the others, how they interacted, how they moved, how they trained. She made no obvious effort to be stealthy, but being used to being the overlooked deaf girl, she drifted from training session to training session like the echo she was, never drawing attention and never being noticed unless someone was actively looking for her or otherwise on the lookout. She absorbed all she saw like a sponge, waiting for the late hours of the night. Only then, alone in her quarters does she repeat the moves so that she can perfect her mimicry of each of their fighting styles in turn.

Wanda

Wanda walked out with the others, listening carefully to what was offered. Watching two of her team mates wander back into the base apparently bored.

She announces to those around her.

" There are conscious Hydra agents inside that Sub. They are frustrated as their tech isn't working at the moment. It's scrambled by something Namor's people did. I wouldn't go near it yet, until we clear the remaining Hydra people out of it. Maybe a dozen of them, something off about them..unstable. !"

As she speaks, the Shield security team backs up and readies themselves.

She floats towards the beached Sub, visibly surrounded by swirling Scarlet energies.

" Unless I hear an objection, I'm going to open this thing up. How about it Cap? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Sonevar @Drixe @Cork @davewski @BrokenWings

Fandral of Asgard

Fandral too walked out with the crowd. Listening carefully and otherwise quiet when anyone else spoke. Watching Maya walk back inside with an odd expression and noting too, Coulson probably thinking things are well in hand. As Wanda floats closer to the Sub, the irrepressible swashbuckler moves close to the hatch Wanda is closest to, drawing his sword. He fiddles around with a blue silver bracer he is wearing which produces a shield and a shield helmet. His outfit of course looks like a standard shield outfit but trimmed in green, with the sword and shield. He is of course wearing a fierce grin.

" I am here and at the ready Lady Wanda ! "

Susan and May

Susan is quiet, without waiting for Steve's order she proceeds to make the superheroes on the field invisible, except for Captain America and Namor. This does produce a noisy protest from Fandral, who is then made visible. She sighs...

" At your word to go Steve ! "

May is speaking quietly into her communicator and the Security team, now invisible, move back away from the Sub. Her energy gun drawn, she moves to be with her team.

Namor makes a motion to his people

" Nothing escapes into the water !"

The visible Atlanteans aside from the young female, pop back under the water. Namor himself stands turning to the hatch, ready for anything.

Feeling a sudden series of tremors in the earth as she walks back along the beach, she turns to see whatever movement and commotion she had not heard, seeing that most of the group was suddenly gone, then Mr. man in tights reappearing, she is confused... she starts making for him to get some answers

""...I want no Shield underwater teams investigating my domain. Good fortune to you all. I take my leave " He turns to go. "

McCoy spoke quickly, "Your highness, I've a small whale-size bioship in a kelp forest nearby resembling a giant cuttle-fish. It's not spying, doesn't know how, too young. It's just grazing while camouflaged. Please don't hurt it, it's called 'Mendellia'. Thanks."

Susan making him invisible made him worry about friendly fire, but he could ask her to drop the cloak if that became likely.

Later, as Namor turned the hatch, Beast drew near. He hadn't brought a weapon out to the beach, but he rarely needed one against foes. With his current blended genetic makeup of a giant cat and a great ape, he could press 10 tons. But against Hydra... he'll need to be ready for anything.

He got ready to pounce.

Last edited:
Agent coulson turns around and watches as the others get in position, realizing there was still hydra agents in the sub changed the situation. Not wanting to get in the way of the breach team he stays where he is to obaerve the team's ability to work together. He had extensive files on all of them already but the chance to confirm whether he had deduced thier abilities accurately wasn't something he was going to miss. He didn't draw his firearm, it wasn't like he had a clear shot feom where he was. That and there was already enough force to capture the hydra agent as is in position.

Reactions: Cork
"Oh! Uhh..." Wanda's words took Sarah a bit by surprise. She had assumed the damaged sub wasn't manned. Stupid, of course it's manned, she thought to herself. Who goes out of their way to do this much damage to an unmanned submarine?

Various possibilities contrary to her previous thought flew through her mind, before she shut them away.

She moved forward, attempting to cover a potential hole in the teams line. She looked around, most of the team had already taken up positions, in particular Fandral had hopped on top of the ship the second he could. He seemed almost eager to jump into the coming fight. Sarah was no stranger to violence, but never found herself filled with the amount of eagerness emanating from the viking.

She sidled up near anger-incarnate, who was now sporting a somehow equally angry looking firearm, and McCoy the big blue cat. Ape. Cat-ape. Her floating ribs grew and sharpened, the skin and muscle seemingly moving out of the way as they exited the body. The right pair of ribs twisted around one another, forming Sarah's mental image of a scimitar. The left pair wove back and forth, quickly forming a buckler. Additional projections shot out of her scapula, but these stayed connected to the parent bone.

And as soon as she had finished arming herself (there was a joke there, somewhere), Sarah lost visual contact with Sarah.

jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

Finally. Some skulls to crack. I stepped forward, cracking my knuckles and keeping an eye on the sub for whatever came out of it.

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

Jubilee looked over to May and Coulson, being a trained SHIELD Agent, she would let them take the lead as they were superior officers.​

Wanda's words had a chilling (and almost semi-comical) effect on the seemingly almost picnic gathering of heroes. Some seemed to want to immediately charge, some looked to see what others were doing, the SHIELD agents gathered into a group, and some of the techs just milled around in confusion. Cap will definitely need to work on promoting teamwork and following each other's leads.

Meanwhile, Namor stood his ground, waiting...almost as if he was testing the gathering. He almost seemed to be wearing a half-smile for causing such a sudden consternation.

I started moving to find a spot where I could get a good bead on the hatch everyone was focusing on. I drew a sidearm (I had kept only small ones on myself due to the nature of the meeting) and focused my attention.

The girl called Sarah moved not far away and suddenly started to Change. Things seemed to flow and it almost looked like her bones were flowing. I didn't have time to look, but it actually almost caused me to lose my concentration.

I refocused myself, moved into a good position and reset my focus. Time to think about that later.

I set my weapon at ready when all of a sudden almost everyone disappeared from view. What the hell? I cursed silently under my breath and held my position. I couldn't tell if that was friendly or enemy, but it worked in that it made it very hard to track anyone. With the experience level of some of these kids, and that we hadn't worked as a team, I was now concerned about a friendly getting caught in the crossfire.

I decided to hold my ground and wait for new developments. I looked over a Cap waiting for a signal.

" I have a feeling that the enemies are going to bring the fight to us regardless of the choices we make and I'm with you on eliminating with Nazi scum. There is no need for us to move against them alone since we are always stronger together than we are alone. As a soldier and living alone, I know that better than anyone else."

Steven looked at the communicator and didn't respond, knowing that there were indeed many different things to take into consideration before he made his final move. He decided it was better to not stop Namor as his mind was already made up. He paused and looked over at his team and rubbed his temple. This couldn't possibly get worse...

Steven sighed, sometimes he forgot that it was very possible that the universe loved to go fuck you to him about everything he thought. " Well, from the sounds of everything that is going on, we need to get them out and fight them before anything can go wrong and they hurt themselves. Seeing as we're the only ones here, I'm fine with us just opening it right now," he said, holding up his hand to let the team know to not act until either his hand was put down or he started to punch something. Lincoln started to charge up his powers and make a small unnoticeable elector ball.

@Sonevar @Gands @Michale CS @Drixe @Cork @davewski @BrokenWings

• Love
So as our Heroes reorganized and faced the beached submarine...

Namor's Atlanteans are now entirely under the mild waves except one, the young blonde who has moved to a point where she should be out of friendly fire, but where she can watch Namor. Before disappearing under the waves, one of Namor's people brought him a trident that seems to crackle with energy. He remains standing his ground with a dark grim

Commander May has organized her people, at once commanding and calming them with the invisibility in place with the shield communication system. Their job is to support the meta human staff and keep the enemy from moving off the beach.

Wanda is in mental communication with all of her team on the beach. She directs May to pass an extra shield issue pistol to Maya, and a shield issue energy carbine to Agent Castle, which happens with Susan's help, temporarily turning off the invisibility.

Fandral of course, is a bit eager. That being said, he remains very still on his above the hatch perch. Sword out, shield at the ready.

Everyone is poised and ready for the signal.

(( Posting order now for combat please. ))

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @BrokenWings @Cork @davewski @Drixe @Sonevar

Captain America was silent as he saw that everyone was getting organized.

He took a deep breath and took his position directly on top of the area where the ship hatch would open by Fandral, knowing it was a bad idea, but if anyone was going to take the brunt of any unexpected punch, he would as only he and Fandral and possibly Namor could do it without being injured. And it was better this way as he could react faster than anyone else as well.

He did take a note of the brief flicker form Lincoln that was being caused by him making an electric ball. Once he was certain that everyone was entirely in position and safe and ready to fight, he would slowly lower his hand to let them know to start.

Lincoln had been making some observations as he formed a bit of the electric ball and made sure he wasn't in the path of Frank's bullets and anyone else. It might have been good to wait to make the invisble, but he wasn't about to whine about the fact they hadn't had time like Fandral.

As Captain America lowered his hand as the signal and got ready at the same, he held up his fast ready to punch and his shield was flipped off from the hand he lowered and was ready to defend.

@Gands @Michale CS @BrokenWings @Cork @davewski @Drixe @Sonevar (Pass off to @davewski for next post)