Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
There was an idea:

To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles we never could."

This is a continuation of Rise of the Marvels...
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Rise Of The Marvels (IC Thread)

Our story thus far....

It has been a few scant weeks since Hydra attacked several landmarks around the world. Our heroes were involved in a secondary attack some time later on a fashion show in New York city, then that same night a massive gang attack on a policeman at the port of New York. They have faced off against the most dangerous Mutant terrorist known, Magneto. On the eve of a scheduled move to a new base, there was a new attack, something more devious. A scent released into the ventilation system caused one member to attack her team mates, and another to have been revealed as a shape changer.

Our team has moved now, into a new base. Old abandoned camp Lehigh in New Jersey.

latest

There have been changes since our team first started. Personnel have come and gone. There has been a week and a half since the move into the new base.

Our heroes

Captain America
Fandral of Asgard
Jessica Jones
Wanda Maximoff

Maya Lopez
Lincoln Campbell Medical officer
Jubilation Lee
Sarah Rushman aka Marrow
Frank Castle aka Punisher
Hank McCoy aka Beast
Phil Coulson

Posting Order

GM
Captain America / Lincoln Campbell
Punisher
Jessica Jones / Jubilee
Fandral / Wanda

Marrow
Maya Lopez
Beast
Phil Coulson

to be announced

Last edited:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Compared to most of the food she had eaten through her life, the burrito was amazing, Sarah decided. She avoided the coffee, as it didn't sit well with her whenever she used her powers. Quietly taking another burrito, she made her way towards the back of the room.

Content to just listen, she took in as much information as she could. During the Captains pauses, she looked around the room, seeing people she hadn't seen before. The first one she studied, was possibly the angriest man she'd ever seen, and the dude was just standing there. It was like the emotion was floated around him, scaring off anything that might have a sixth sense. She didn't stare at him for too long, mostly afraid she'd absorb some of his latent anger, and she'd spent enough time trying to mature from her volatile youth.

Another new figure, who god might have taken the wrong crayon color to, was making his rounds. A doctor, apparently, and very friendly, Sarah's mind wandered, imagining him changing color every time he sneezed.

Sarah softly snapped her attention back to the meeting at hand. She finished her burrito, trying her best to soak in all the information the Captain was doling out.

Reactions: davewski and Gands
An unassuming sedan pulls up to the back gate of the base, the guard in the post signals the driver to roll down the window. When the window rolls down the guard's jaw drops. " Wait You're.. ." The guard starts to say before a voice says " level 9 protocol let me in and ...this didn't happen. Oh don't tell anyone I'm here either. " The driver waves his hand and the gate opens as the the computer in the post says he's cleared to enter. The driver rolls the window back up and drives to the garage in the base. The gyard slowly shakes his head and returns to his post.

Last edited:
With respect to clarification. The gate is automated. The response is largely the same. There is no way of stopping video feed from the hidden cameras from reaching May's attention. As the person answering the individual entering the facility didn't in fact inform anyone, he didn't disobey orders. May follows said individual's progress as the sedan enters the garage. The garage looks like it is part of the only visible building on the property that looks lived in. A cottage with the decent sized detached garage building. Entering the garage through what seems to be a visible illusion into a state of the art elevator, that brings the vehicle to an underground garage. Again, hidden cameras follow this progress. May has this feed transferred onto her camera, but for the moment says nothing.

I finally get tired of sitting after almost falling asleep during Cap's motivation speech. The people here are supposed to be professionals, do they REALLY need this? Hydra is a cancer. If they don't already understand, then why are they here? Speeches shouldn't be needed. Let's makes plans and do our duty. Let God sort them out.

I stand silently at the back and notice that one of the young "Heroes" is watching me. I give no indication that I have noticed. I know that they are trying very hard, but why did Fury bring them here in the first place?

This is a world of hard knocks. This is a world where people get hurt...and sometimes die. Has anyone ever explained to the young ones the dedication it takes to fight this war? Have they really?

I remember my wife, and the words she spoke to me, "Good people try hard, but it's not always apparent. Talk with them and try to understand."

I understand. I understand that bullets and bombs make more difference in this world, than words. Youthful exuberance doesn't last. I learned my lessons in the jungles and deserts. Who will teach them when slogans no longer count and their ideologies prove empty?

For my love of her, I'll try and understand. I'll even go out of my way to try and save these young innocents from their mistakes. Maybe, one or two will even be worthy.

Hail, hail, the gangs all here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sedan parks near a large crate guarded by two agents. Agent caulson gets out of the car briefcase hand cuffed to one of his wrist. They look confused as agent caulson gets out and walks toward them. " Agent robinson, agent harlen?" He says smiling politely. They nod as one says " your ..dead sir." Agent caulson nods "was dead i got better. Inside the crate is a car, her name is lola. The two of you have the perfect combination of high technology expertise and experience with classic american cars. She is only to be touched by you two unless i say otherwise. This is a level 9 order, you understand?" The agent on the left smiles and says "understood sir" caulson smiles and says as he heads over to the meeting room "put her in a nice place in the moter pool for me. I may be staying awhile " agent caulson walks toward the door and with a wave of the hand it opens. He whistles an old folk song as he makes his way to the meeting.

Last edited:
Blasted buses are always late...always late...and that made her late. Oh well, if THAT man didn't like it.... he could get off his blind rump and do it himself. She hefted the bag on her shoulder and watched from the ridge she had hiked to as the sedan approached. As usual Matt had been too caught up in his own drama to remember to send her proper credentials for this ask of his. She sped up quickly hoping to time things right. Using an absurd combination of parkour and contortion-ism she manages to slink herself and her bag down rock faces, through and in trees, to the blindside flank of the sedan. As the nearly one-sided exchange at the guard post (with no inspection, which was odd), she simply "rolls" with the sedan through the gate and into the garage. From there she finds a shadowy spot to surveil, and after a few times she finally catches an entry code for the elevator. Waiting still further she exploits a distraction as the elevator guard goes to answers someone's call and slithers her way, above eye level, to the elevator to go down to the floor that secret agent man had chosen. Hearing nothing, she wanders by the meeting room, but catching Cap out of the corner of her eye, she twists on a heel, slipping in she slouches against the wall in her feathers and leathers and starts watching the conversation... literally.

Meeting room

So, as potential new members make their way to our meeting room Special Agent Melinda May continues to watch the camera system. She gets up and goes to Wanda, whispering into her ear. She stands there for just a moment until Wanda whispers back to her. She walks over behind Cap.

(( Whispering into his ear)) " We have two guests, one is Coulson, who is cleared for participation and welcomed, at least by me. The other is a woman, sent by Mister Murdock, she is well trained with a unique ability & skill set. Her file will be at your inter office email in a few moments. A note about your Hydra location, Satellite feeds have picked up no activity there. But there was significant underwater activity about nine months ago. "

She then sits down, resuming a fast typing into her tablet.

Susan, silent, watches May, notes that the unflappable May is not distressed and because of that, is not distressed herself by what ever May noticed.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @BrokenWings @Cork @davewski @Sonevar @Drixe

Reactions: Michale CS
Captain America and Lincoln Campbell

Captain America looked at everyone and processed all of their words and waited. " To address you first Miss Jubilee, once we have definite proof that this is a lead, then I plan on tackling as soon as we can, that is the entire purpose of this meeting. To inform what has happened and what is going to happen in the future. As Mister Fandral has said, we have little to no information outside of sparse facts my contact has given me."

"
I don't mean to be rude or question you, but may I ask who your contact is and can we trust whoever it is?"

"
I promised to not disclose the contacts name, but when it comes to matters against HYDRA, I trust my contact completely. I don't trust the contact on other things, but the contact can be trusted to hate HYDRA. That is very much a fact."

Lincoln watched as May would whisper something in the Captain's ear, he would keep an eye on that. He wondered what he was being told.

"
Well, we have two new members, I'll introduce them later. On more important news, as my contact told me, there seems to be nothing on land, but HYDRA has used the base underwater as they released a submarine about nine months ago. I think that should be enough information to go off to get this mission started," he said.

"I have a contact. I trust them completely".

Look at her. Fired up and ready to do the bidding of the Lord. All on the word of "someone he trusts completely."

How many empires have been broken on words such as these? How many lives?

I guess I don't need many excuses to go out on a mission like this. I like her. Maybe I was eager like her, many years ago. I don't truly remember. The world was a haze during those times. Maybe whatever God that exists, will forgive us all.

Maybe she can be one of the those that may rise to the New World and lead us to a new reality. In the end, I probably won't be there.

Meanwhile, Hydra awaits us all. I was deceived by them once because I wanted to believe. I regret that all, and now see them in the light.

OK, Miss Jubilee, lead us on. I'll be there when you need me. Remember, however, someone needs to Punish those who would do good people wrong. Even if we have trusted them.

I'm ready. I'll write this on a napkin, if I must, and leave this as a declaration of intent. Just so no one will be confused.

I am the Punisher, and I will not be denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
The door to the right opens and coulson enters the room smiling politely, "ladies, gentlemen". He walks over to an empty seat and sits down. Unlocking the handcuffs on his briefcase he sets it on the table and opens it up. He takes out the same file capton America was handing over and closes rhe briefcase.

"Fandral, pleasure to meet you."

“Thanks for the offer of lunch, but I’m a strict carnivore these days; ongoing genetic changes.” He bared his canines. “I wouldn’t mind something tartar if it’s fresh. Too many carbs give me gas and you wouldn’t like me when I’m gassy”, the blue furred Beast grinned. “Sashimi and some water would be great.”

Hank assessed heroes he’d never met. Jessica Jones, Lincoln Campbell, Marrow, Punisher… though he’s heard a lot about the vigilante over the years. Are there still warrants out for him? For the others, he wasn’t sure about their capabilities. “I should get out of the lab more”, he thought. “I’ll have to Google them as soon as this is over.

Jubillee he knew from the X-Men. Fandral the Dashing he’d seen before in passing, one of Thor’s warriors, the lady’s man. He smelled of some Asgardian cologne… elk musk and lavender? Beast would have to talk to him about it; he could scarce smell anything else.

Cap’s facial hair concerned Hank, Caps’s been scrupulous about his public appearance for as long as he could remember. What’s going on with him?

It was odd to see Susan without the rest of the Fantastic Four, particularly Reed, but things change. Reed has an amazing intellect, but he’s incessantly reminding people of that in the most conspicuous ways possible.

It was great to see Wanda, she’s been through so much but seems fine now.

Coulson he’d met. A senior field leader in Shield, a steady, competent sort. A good sign he’s involved. He’ll be the one running most things, with Cap giving direction.

Hank turned to Coulson, “I’ll need quarters. And when there’s time I’d like to see your lab. I have a few things that might be useful there.” He unslung his backpack. The nice thing about being a beast is that the only article of clothing needed outside the Arctics is shorts. “Also, I have a small air/water craft that might be useful for the team. Is there a way I can land & house it in the base unobtrusively? Does this base have sea access?”

Last edited:
Agen coulson turns and says to beast "of course dr McCoy im sure the director has already set a room for you, if not I'm happy the fix that myself. I'll show you the lab when we're finished with the meeting, as to the craft you have I'm sure there's spot for it somewhere here. Don't think it has water access, though i could be wrong. " He shrugs a bit " just got back from a little retraining so i haven't had time to completely memorize the base layout".

She had slipped into the meeting silently, not long after "Secret Agent Man" had made his arrival. As she scanned those assembled, she noticed many things. She noticed those like the uptight man in the corner talking to himself. He and Secret Agent Man both seemed overly wound, like precision time-pieces ready to explode from the stress. Both seemed to almost literally scream 'I WANT TO DIE' as if it were a personal mantra that should be permanently branded onto their foreheads. Then she noticed the members of the sunshine pep squad, the music girl and the blue man, those that exuded so much positivity it was like they sprang to life out of a kids' Saturday morning cartoon show.

She wondered what kind of a circus Matt had gotten her into... She wondered why Matt hadn't bothered to show... for a man who was lauded for being 'the man without fear' he certainly seemed to her to be a great big... She wondered if she should be relieved at not having to deal with him... She wondered if she should be annoyed at not Getting to deal with him...She wondered why he was absent AGAIN for something he had drug her into, AGAIN... She wondered if she could convincingly plead the case that daddy's people were the type that took scalps... She thought about making Matt's scalp the first in her collection... This thought brought a smile seemingly from nowhere onto her face... It was an odd smile, contented enough to make her seem to be a member of the 'Sunshine Squad' Faction, yet off-balance enough to put her in the 'Deathwish Brigade' Camp... Internally she wondered which side in this motley crew she would take... Honestly, she could go either way...

Reactions: davewski
jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

I really need a drink.
But I was sort of on the wagon right now, and this was ostensibly an important meeting. Usually, at important meetings there's about ten maybe fifteen seconds of important, and thirty minutes of fluff and garbage. The trick was finding the important in all of that. So, to back up what Cap said, I piped up.

"As a P.I., I know that you don't just rush in, not if you want to minimize risk. You case the place, see what's going on and who comes and goes. Picking the best time is almost as important as picking the right place. I realize your powers don't make you the kind of person to do the whole covert thing, Lee, so you might not be familiar with that."

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

"I can do covert! I'm a SHIELD agent after all. But when it hits the fan my powers can be really useful!" Jubilee snapped in response to both Cap and Jessica.

She leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms. They'd need her eventually. Though often enough she was the 'distraction', and on some level she hated that, but it was a way to use her powers in a constructive way so she let it slide.

Agent Coulson looked up to the ladies discussion briefly giveing jubilee a encouraging look. He trained her personally and was quite comfortable with her spycraft. He says nothing, allowing her to stand up for herself. He does pay attention just in case he's needed.

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda got up and walked over to Maya, offering her hand. She had already scanned the woman's mind of course, determining why she was here and who she was. Complicated girl with some interesting training and background. Coulson of course she had met before, a very dedicated man to say the least.

" My name is Wanda, welcome to the base. "

Wanda then sat down over by Jubilee as she felt her friend become unsettled.

( telepathically ) "Don't worry"

Fandral the Loyal

Fandral assessed Beast too, even as he was being assessed. He found himself liking the furry mutant.

" I think I have something fresh from this morning's delivery. Give me a moment. "

Fandral went back to his kitchen, he took only a few moments to show a halibut steak the fire for a few moments, with just the barest of lime and spicing for a sensitive taste bud set. He brought it back on a plate with a knife and fork & a glass of water for Hank.

" Halibut steak Dr. McCoy, shown the flame briefly. "

He kept out of the discussion for the moment. He felt himself more a warrior, less a soldier here on Midgard. He had a couple of discussions of potential strategies with Captain Rogers about the team.

He sat back down near Jennifer, watching as Wanda introduced herself to the new girl, thus providing a certain amount of relief about who she was.

As people get settled in the meeting, there is suddenly a sense of alarm. Those with keen hearing will quickly realize some alarm noise is going off in the distance.

Melinda May of course is immediately made aware of what's going on and gives this information to Cap.

( Whispered ) " Cap, I think your friend is back, someone or something is pushing a submarine into the area near the beach and he himself is coming up onto the beach. "

As the group heads down to the beach, there standing by himself * albeit with a group of Shield personnel not far off armed and ready. *

is Prince Namor of Atlanttis.

d07d0a185306aaa232926be803c14b44.jpg

There are others not far off in the water, one blonde haired young woman in a scaly green armored swimsuit is keeping a keen eye out.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Cork @Michale CS @davewski @BrokenWings @Drixe @Sonevar

As she was scanning over the meeting, watching the conversation as best she could, she was distracted by the "men in tights" or "Errol Flynn stunt double on steroids" exiting the room. She was knocked out of her distraction by the unexpected voice in her head. She blinked at Wanda, then blinked at her offered hand.

'Oh $#!%, can she hear my thoughts?! Um... How Kimosabe?' she mentally winced at using the cliche stereotype from another tribe, but she took Wanda's arm in a forearm clasp with a smile.

She caught the sudden change and anxiety come over everyone so she too tensed, but as she had not heard the alarm, she was the last to leave the room. Upon seeing Namor her first thought was "Tiny wings on the feet of an angry man?... Angry Birds-Feet man?'

With the meeting seemingly concluded, Sarah rose, deciding to follow the trail to whatever commotion had come about.