G

Gands

Original poster
There was an idea:

To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles we never could."

This is a continuation of Rise of the Marvels...
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Rise Of The Marvels (IC Thread)

Our story thus far....

It has been a few scant weeks since Hydra attacked several landmarks around the world. Our heroes were involved in a secondary attack some time later on a fashion show in New York city, then that same night a massive gang attack on a policeman at the port of New York. They have faced off against the most dangerous Mutant terrorist known, Magneto. On the eve of a scheduled move to a new base, there was a new attack, something more devious. A scent released into the ventilation system caused one member to attack her team mates, and another to have been revealed as a shape changer.

Our team has moved now, into a new base. Old abandoned camp Lehigh in New Jersey.

latest

There have been changes since our team first started. Personnel have come and gone. There has been a week and a half since the move into the new base.

Our heroes

Captain America
Fandral of Asgard
Jessica Jones
Wanda Maximoff

Maya Lopez
Lincoln Campbell Medical officer
Jubilation Lee
Sarah Rushman aka Marrow
Frank Castle aka Punisher
Hank McCoy aka Beast
Phil Coulson

Posting Order

GM
Captain America / Lincoln Campbell
Punisher
Jessica Jones / Jubilee
Fandral / Wanda

Marrow
Maya Lopez
Beast
Phil Coulson

to be announced

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Lincoln Campbell

In retrospect, Lincoln should have known that it was too quiet.. They had made it pretty far into the island and he had found it unnerving that it was so quiet and he had let his guard down. Luckily, he noticed the group and then at Jubilee. " I thought that would be peaceful, but I should have known better," he replied, summoning an electric ball and tossing it to the nearest guard that attacked them.

jessica-jones-banner-png.157751

"What is it with muscular black guys wanting to grab me all the time?" I teased, disentangling myself from him as we landed. I had no idea who these jokers were that had come out of the building and what their powers were.

But I was about to find out. "You take Baldy and I'll take the chick with the built-in night-light." I told Falcon.

jubilee-banner-jpg.157752

"Seriously who hires you guys? What, is there some secret blog or something? Single white dork looking to be a henchman for an evil organization. Likes walks on the beach and am stunningly inaccurate with weapons?" Jubilee kibitzed while she sent out a full array of blinding flashes of light.

"Chew on that losers! I took that strobe pattern straight out of that Pokemon episode that gave all those kids epileptic fits in Japan."

@Gands @ land team

Last edited:
Agent coulson smirked and said "looks like were going loud then." He swings the assault rifle energy weapon off his his back and powers it up. While it charges up he draws his side arm and puts a few rounds into the approaching guard's heads.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
When the men came near her position Echo crouched patiently, waiting for the right moment to spring as she had seen logan do hundreds of times. The claws she wore wee not adamantine, but they'd get the job done. And she could definitely match his level of crazy... she was Crazy Horse after all.. but unlike Logan, she did not fight in a blind fury ...she could not match his healing ... very few could. so rather than a sustained fury, she would pounce on 1-2 targets, mix them up, get them to fire blindly, or better yet at each other, then leap away to hide and move stealthily to a new position for a likewise new angle of furious claw shredding.

@Gands

• Ah Seen It
GM post Land group

First the group near Jubilee and Lincoln. There were several of them. The leader was dancing with the cascading ball of Electricty. The others were rather stunned by the flashing lights.

Over by Echo, there was a nasty game of hide and seek. The last couple of agents now back tp back firing randomly into the brush for an Echo that was no longer in sight.

Where Punisher and Coulson were, the two efficient veterans mowed down the agents facing them. Coulson had to duck and was still hit with a grazing shot across his cheek. When he looks back up, Frank Castle was heading down into the tunnel the men had come out from. "Head to that old Hospital Coulson... I will make some noise down here!"

Near Falcon & Jones, Falcon rose back up into the sky. He prodces a couple of small machine guns, firing wildly causing the tall bald muscular man to dive for cover, disappearing in a cloud of dust off to the side. The woman, a tall muscular blonde also dives for cover into the bushes.

@Michale CS. @Sonevar @Drixe. @LuckycoolHawk9. @davewski

GM post Ocean group

Everything is going ... Swimmingly ... When both the Atlanteans and Beast's bio ship notice the incoming submarine coming out of an opening in a nearby underwater cliff.

Namor is now pressing against the front of the vehicle.. People emerge from it in scuba gear. The Atlanteans begin assaulting the vehicle with numbers and superior underwater tech..

@Michale CS. @Cork @BrokenWings

• OMG
Lincoln Campbell

" Oh come on, just get hit by the ball of electricity,"
Lincoln mumbled, aiming a second one directly at the leader, followed by sending some shock waves that would fully stun the others.

@Gands @Michale CS @Sonevar @Drixe

Reactions: Gands
GM post Land group

First the group near Jubilee and Lincoln. There were several of them. The leader was dancing with the cascading ball of Electricty. The others were rather stunned by the flashing lights.

Over by Echo, there was a nasty game of hide and seek. The last couple of agents now back to back firing randomly into the brush for an Echo that was no longer in sight.

Where Punisher and Coulson were, the two efficient veterans mowed down the agents facing them. Coulson had to duck and was still hit with a grazing shot across his cheek. When he looks back up, Frank Castle was heading down into the tunnel the men had come out from. "Head to that old Hospital Coulson... I will make some noise down here!"

Near Falcon & Jones, Falcon rose back up into the sky. He prodces a couple of small machine guns, firing wildly causing the tall bald muscular man to dive for cover, disappearing in a cloud of dust off to the side. The woman, a tall muscular blonde also dives for cover into the bushes.

@Michale CS. @Sonevar @Drixe. @LuckycoolHawk9. @davewski

There was a crackle of thunder in the skies, flashes of lightning that curled and made the air charged with static electricity.

And then down from the clouds in a pillar of fire and wind, green smoke wafted and blew away to reveal the following figure.

giphy.gif

Quentin had found his look.

"You don't want any part of this!"

And with another blast of smoke, Mysterio would fly up with hands outstretched to blast into the bushes, a shimmering green energy following after to explode into the ground.

Pietro/Quicksilver

" So bored here, I was hoping to get in on some action, but I got too lost and now nobody is around. And as much as I love you sis, you aren't exactly one for conversation right now, being injured and all. You wouldn't like know where everyone went.? It is hard to wait- you know how much I hate waiting."

@Gands

Agent coulson lets a blast from his energy assault rifle into the leading two guys. Considering this wepon was designed to hurt Asgardians it should absolutely destroy the two and paint any remaining guards behind them with whats oeft of thier friends. He signals silently to move a head toward the objective. Thinking in his head " one blast should ignite any missile in the launcher taking the whole antiaircraft installation in on shot."

Echo finishes up with her group, slamming the adrenaline back down so she could focus on following this group's tracks back to their exitpoint

jessica jones banner.png
"Great. They're multiplying." I grumbled, grabbing a chunk of rebar from some rubble. Charging forward, I tried to surprise the glowy chick with my speed, which surprisingly, initially worked, after I signalled Kestrel or Falcon or whatever his name was, to light her up with his guns.

This put me behind her. I wrapped the rebar around her wrists and push kicked her directly towards the new guy.

"Hey, Fishbowl! Think fast!" I said as she hurtled toward the flashy new guy - I didn't know whose side he was on. How he dealt with the villain chick would give me my answer.
@Gands @Ringmaster
Jubilee Banner.jpg
Jubilee just followed behind Coulson, blasting bad guys and providing cover so he wouldn't get tagged on his way to destroy the anti-aircraft emplacement.

@Drixe

"Great. They're multiplying." I grumbled, grabbing a chunk of rebar from some rubble. Charging forward, I tried to surprise the glowy chick with my speed, which surprisingly, initially worked, after I signalled Kestrel or Falcon or whatever his name was, to light her up with his guns.

This put me behind her. I wrapped the rebar around her wrists and push kicked her directly towards the new guy.

"Hey, Fishbowl! Think fast!" I said as she hurtled toward the flashy new guy - I didn't know whose side he was on. How he dealt with the villain chick would give me my answer.

Flashy was a word. He appeared in smoke and seemed to thrive on it all, noticing the oncoming package with the regard of a master magician on stage, with an audience of thousands. That was the idea anyway and Mysterio slapped the ground.

Immediately, a box emerged from the earth-of the sort to resemble a coffin as it opened up. The villain would be intercepted, the lid slamming down as Mysterio began to spin it around. Chains began to move out, wrapping around and around as the final bit was a padlock that clicked into place before the coffin fell back.

Laughter was heard, a voice distorted and obviously deliberately synthesized saying aloud in triumph.

"AND TELL EM MYSTERIO SENT YOU, EVIL DOER!"

Being a superhero was so awesome.

@Gands @Michale CS

• OMG
As soon as he saw the submarine, Beast said over the subspace communicator: "Team, recall immediately to the ship, we''ll pick you up on the way to the Hydra base door. Namor and his soldiers are handling the submarine." Hank said aloud , "Mendelia, board our team with your tentacles on the way to that open base door, then eject us into it. You stay hidden outside until I or Captain America recall you."

Hank reflected: It's great for us that Namor and his Atlantean soldiers are here, Mendelia could maybe disable the sailors in the sub with a high frequency sonic blast, maybe not. We hadn't had time to arm her.

The armored base door didn't move fast; we should have time to get inside.

@UnderwaterHomies @Gands @BrokenWings @Michale CS

• Nice Execution!
As Sarah is yanked unceremoniously via the tentacles of a ship she was previously inside, she thinks to herself, 'This truly can only be the work of Dr. Moreau.'

GM Post Land Group

Lincoln

The electrical med tech and his rapidly disappearing partner Jubilee finished with the enemy troops facing them. Jubilee running off to back up Coulson. Coulson meanwhile as he is approaching one of the Anti Aircraft guns watches it blow up, seems the source of the explosion was underneath it. Lincoln can see a now not so well hidden entrance to an underground area.

Meanwhile Mysterio seems bereft of evil doers for the moment... wait... there is another flying guy... in red white and blue ... shooting guns at a guy on the ground. Jones can see this too. This is over by a building on the other side of this field everyone was fighting in, by an old hospital building. In the distance a shield jet is firing at the other anti aircraft gun, taking it out. Echo too, finds an entrance to the underground, separate from the one by Lincoln.

The bald guy, jumps out from cover looking.... odd ? Shiny ? Picking up a large scrap piece of metal and throwing it at Falcon, who is dodging madly to avoid being squashed.

@Michale CS @Sonevar @Drixe @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

GM Post Underwater group

As everyone is grabbed unceremoniously back into the ship and in no time at all flung out of the water into a tunnelled out cave system, complete with docking facilities for a submarine. Fandral is flung into an enemy agent with something of an oof noise coming from his now deflating suit. Sarah lands by another agent, rapidly dispatched. Cap & Beast land next in a room now devoid of guards.

1578275844994.png

There is a vault door, about eight foot diameter. An electronic lock just to the right of it.

@Cork @BrokenWings @Michale CS

Lincoln Campbell

" Guys, there's an entrance not too far from here, I'm going in to see where it leads too,"
He replied before he would do just that, looking to see if there were any enemies and remaining on high alert.

@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS @Sonevar @Drixe

Sarah rockets head first into an unwary enemy asset, bouncing up and off their helmet, before floating back down to the floor of the cave.

"Ugggh...R-r-rangers l-lead the way I...guess," Sarah places her hand over the part of her head that made first contact with the enemy, attempting a manual soft reboot of her head before more guards find themselves in this room.

@UnderwaterHomies [IMG alt="Gands"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/22/22253.jpg?1526459354[/IMG] Gands [IMG alt="Michale CS"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/20/20164.jpg?1540541252[/IMG] Michale CS @Cork

Echo sneaks in the way that her would-be killers left, mindful of the vibrations all around her, she begins to scout the interior of the facility

@Gands @Michale CS