Ring Tones

K

Kitti

Original poster
55usacubebl.jpg

[size=+1]What ringtone do you have for your cell phone?
If you don't have a special ringtone or no cell phone, what ringtone would you like to have?[/size]

I don't buy ringtones for the same reason I don't have texting. I'm cheap!

It changes.

As soon as I get my new phone it'll probably be some emo song or another...

Something related to video games, MLP or some other nostalgia that is utterly fantastic like how my txting tone is the Zelda Secret tone.

I cropped and converted a clip ofYou Will Be Perfect (the final boss song from Portal 2) into a ringtone file. I rarely get calls, but it's worth it when I do get one. (I think it was Only My Railgun previously, but I forget.)

Ever since I saw Lord of the Rings I've had Bridge of Khazad dum, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg, as my ringtone, everytime I get a new phone I import it from iTunes just to have it. Before that I always chose one of the standards ringtones that came with the phone.

VIBRATE/SILENT.
​Those are my catchy 'ringtones'. ;D

I am always on silent mode as well, 90% of the time. And since I can make my own ring tones easy as pie, I have a lot that I never use > <

Here are a couple I use

Chrono Trigger - The trial

Judas priest - Chorus to the Sentinel

October Tide - Night time Project.

Specifically the violin segment of the song at :37 xD

My ringtone is the sound of an old Bell phone. It's just rings.

If I wanted any other sort of tone, I would make it myself from my own music as opposed to paying some phone company way too much money for the privilege of renting one of theirs.

(Ever wonder why a "ring tone" costs you more than the cost of a full song on iTunes?)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MJghR7CuxG0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This

This thread convinced me that I've had my ringtone for too long. New ringtone time, but the only SFW Youtube vid I could find was an AMV; about 1:00 through 1:24

Alan said:
(Ever wonder why a "ring tone" costs you more than the cost of a full song on iTunes?)

Probably because you'll only need one or two ringtones, and if more, you'll never buy more ringtones than full songs. Songs you buy constantly, so they drop the price on those and it adds up. Ringtones they up the price because they sell less, but you think "I only need the one" and so you're okay with spending the extra cash.

From a marketing point of view, at least. Just my guess, could be way off.

I was thinking about this and the one thing I really want as my ringtone besides the song I've got right now would be the 24 ring tone.

Probably because you'll only need one or two ringtones, and if more, you'll never buy more ringtones than full songs. Songs you buy constantly, so they drop the price on those and it adds up. Ringtones they up the price because they sell less, but you think "I only need the one" and so you're okay with spending the extra cash.

From a marketing point of view, at least. Just my guess, could be way off.

Perhaps that's true of most people, but I do know a few who change ringtones like they change undergarments. Every day, it's a new song, direct from AT&T or Verizon to their phone.

Just bothers me a bit that people will pay two to three times the cost of a full song for a 30 second clip when it's extremely simple to make your own. :)

Perhaps that's true of most people, but I do know a few who change ringtones like they change undergarments. Every day, it's a new song, direct from AT&T or Verizon to their phone.

Just bothers me a bit that people will pay two to three times the cost of a full song for a 30 second clip when it's extremely simple to make your own. :)

Yeah, it's a "most people" thing. I know people who have never changed their ringtone since I've known them, some who change them based on whatever they like at the time, and some who can't go a day without changing it. I guess it's a convenience thing, really. Like, why go to McDonald's if you can make homemade chicken nuggets? You may not know how (lots of people I know can't crop/convert a song, or Google how to), or just convenience.

My text notification is at :56
I used a free app to get my ringtones... xD